KSwiss Ultrascendor White/Navy Men's Shoes Customer feedback

Comments: KSwiss recommended the Utrascendor as a replacement option for the Stabilor that is no longer made. Worse shoe I have ever owned. Painful to wear. Not even close to the Stabilor. Tried wearing them to break in and can't wait to get them off my feet. Certainly can't play tennis in them. The Stabilor fit great. Where did it go?
From: BW, 10/14

Comments: Best tennis shoe on the market! But, when some of us have to wear a 'lift' due to childhood polio we need the high model (3/4) which seems to have disappeared? Now what?
From: Dick, 9/14

Comments: Switched from Wilson shoes and loved these KSwiss ones. My feet used to get sore but with the Ultrascendor it had great support and cushion. Also wore them playing 4 to 5 times a week all summer and they are still playable.
From: Tony, 9/14

Comments: The Ultrascendor used to be a great shoe but not anymore after they switched from a real leather to a synthetic leather (plastic). I would always buy a new pair at the beginning of the year and they would last well into the end of the season. This year, however, was the first year that I had to buy a second pair in July. The new pair already has cracks after just two months of wearing them. KSwiss, please, bring back the real leather and do not cut corners giving us the stuff made from cheap materials.
From: Jack, 9/13

Comments: A real quality shoe that provides more-than-adequate ankle support. The shoes are so supportive and stable that I've stopped wearing my ankle braces. Will buy 2 more pairs soon. Although the shoes are just $79, there's nothing cheap about them.
From: Bill, 3/12

Comments: I just ordered my 5th pair of these shoes, having worn them now for going on 5 years. I have somewhat wide feet, around a E or EE width. They have a roomy toe-box, which makes them ideal for me. They are very comfortable, fairly lightweight, nice cushioning, and have a very clean, classic look. I think they're very durable as well, since I play doubles twice a week year round, and one pair will usually last me at least one year. They are well made and I highly recommend them.

Comments: These are very comfortable and light shoes. The soles are poorly made, however; they split off on the inside part of the shoe near the ball of the foot and cause tripping. The traction is not great. The insole is no longer attached at the heel. That said, I'm still about to buy another pair because they're comfortable and light. When I can find a comfortable, light, well-made shoe with good traction, I'll move on.
From: Don, Austin, TX, USA. 07/10

Comments: I love these shoes, I'm about to order my 10th pair, the cushioning starts to break down, maybe I should put in gel insoles. These have been on sale for the last couple of years, now the price has been raised.
From: Sargon, San Jose, Ca 4.0 02/10

Comments: I have D+ width feet and all the KSwiss shoes I have tried fit extremely well. The Ascendor is very comfortable, requires just a single day of break-in and has a very cushioned feel. However, the treads on the soles do not last. If you play 3-4x per week on hard courts, these shoes will not last more than 2 months. After that, the tread on mine was worn away over much of the sole; the shoes were too slippery to play in. They are now my gym shoes. Looking for more durability, I switched to the Nike CB 1.3s. Fit is OK (slightly more cramped in the toe box compared to KSwiss) and the Nikes are stiffer. But the support is tremendous and the sole has a 6-month guarantee. The CBs weigh more than the Ascendors but actually feel lighter on the court. The Ascendor is great for cushioned feel, but durability and lateral support are lacking.
From: amadou, NY, NY USA. 11/09

Comments: I have bought two pairs of these shoes every year for the past six years, one for the indoor season, one for the outdoor season. My loyalty to them is based on their fit for my wide feet, their comfort, their durability, and their modest price. Soles are fairly slick after six months, but I wouldn't want to wear a shoe longer than that anyway. Never among all these pairs has a sole or a seam separated or split. The indoor season has begun--time to order my next pair.
From: Len, Indiana 10/09

Comments: If you are thinking of trying these because the "shoe finder" recommends them for wide feet, I have 5 words for you. No, no, no, no, no.
From: Sid, NYC, NY, USA. 10/09

Comments: I had a pair of the K-Swiss 7.0 System shoes prior to this and they were great. I got these and in the first clay court tournament a week after I got them the sole started coming off the side. They have continued to get worse. They are horrible. The sole has split in the middle and you can feel it roll-up under your shoe on quick stops, that was the right shoe the left shoe a large piece of the sole under the ball of the foot area just ripped off. If they had a warranty they would be gone back and would get a different pair. But they are about to go in the trash.
From: Chris, Birmingham, AL, USA. 10/09

Comments: Of all the shoes I've tried, these are the most comfortable. They are ready to go right out of the box. The only problem is that the soles wear out in a couple of weeks. I mean they turn into slicks. I'm done buying KSwiss because I'm tired of paying good money for shoes that just don't last.
From: Jethro, SC. 8/09

Comments: I'm never one to actually write feedback on a product, but I feel obligated this time. I'm a quick 23 yr old who runs all over the hard court, stops quick, etc etc. My first pair of these shoes, the sole was torn in 4 sets. Sent them back and got the same pair, because I thought it was just a defect. Nope, I was wrong, I played last night and midway through the 2nd set, the sole tore in the same spot. The shoes are comfortable, my father has a pair and they do good for him, he hasn't had any trouble, he doesn't run as much as I do. But if you're quick and agile, apparently these are not the shoes for you. I don't know which shoe to recommend to anyone, but I'm definitely not buying these, or anything K-Swiss, again.
From: Andy, Lufkin, TX, USA. 08/09

Comments: I tried these shoes for the first time in spring and now I am buying two more pairs. They are great in terms of comfort and playability. It was very nice fit for my wide feet. The soles worn out in 4 months from playing about 10 hours/week. The top didnt wear much, it just got more comfortable.
From: Matt, NJ, US 07/09

Comments: These shoes are great,period. I am now on my fourth pair of these shoes and ready to buy two more to make sure I do not run out.
From: Rey, Long Island,NY 07/09

Comments: These shoes feel great on the foot and the upper portion of the shoe lasts forever. BUT, the soles are worn out and slick in less than two weeks. I don't understand why KSwiss continues to put such crappy soles on their shoes. The tread patter is just too shallow for these shoes to be of any use at all. These shoes are a waste of money.
From: Maurice, SC, USA, 05/09

Comments: I have gone through a half-dozen pairs of these KSwiss Ultrascendors. They are perfect out of the box and comfortable, and I like the classic styling. For me, the durability is just awful, I go through the soles in these shoes in what seems like a few weeks. The grooves are just not very deep, the bottoms are flat very quickly. For this reason, I have to look for another shoe.
From: Joel, Alpharetta, GA, USA. 2/09

Comments: In my previous review I stated durability was okay, not great. I meant sole durability not leather and stitching durability which is very good. The shoes never tear or the stitching never rips. I live and play in Tucson, Arizona and play on very hot hard court most of the time so some sole wear must be expected. I still love these shoes.
From: Dave, Tucson, AZ, USA, 07/08

Comments: I have worn these shoes since 2005. I play singles 3 hours a day 3 times a week and these shoes are very comfortable with very good cushioning and the lace system is very good. Durability is OK, not great. I keep buying them because of the comfort. They are very easy on the knees since I am 64 years young.
From: Dave, Tucson, AZ. 7/08

Comments: I have owned 5 pairs of this shoe. They are comfortable right out of the box and are quite durable; however, my son ordered a pair and the stitching in the toe area gave out (never happened on mine). I'm 48 and he plays varsity doubles as a freshman and plays more than I do (me twice weekly). My only complaint is that after a couple weeks they do slip a bit more than I like.
From: chris, wausau, wi, usa. 6/08

Comments: I found these shoes fit my wide feet very well. They provide good cushioning, comfort, and stability. These shoes are not bulky or heavy. No problem with the soles pre-maturely wearing out. The price of makes them a really good deal, too. It's ridiculous what some tennis shoes cost these days. The only fault I've had with these shoes is after awhile some of the stitching on the left edge of the top panel that curves around the toe has worn through. However, this panel is only cosmetic and has not detracted from the shoe's performance.
From: Mike, Philadelphia, PA, USA, 09/07

Comments: If you are looking for an average pair of tennis shoes at a decent price you have found the shoes. My only 2 complaints about these shoes: 1. These shoes are HOT. My feet are a ball of sweat when I get done playing. 2. They pinch down on my toes when I bend my foot. I will be going back to the Nike Breathe Free line when these wear out.
From: Stephen, SLC, UT, USA. 8/07

Comments: I bought these shoes based on the feedback I read from others on this site. They were right. These shoes are very comfortable. I have had foot problems (fasciits) and with these shoes I feel no pain when playing. I might have to buy a couple more pair right away before they are no longer available. SUPER Comfortable!
From: Grant, Burnsville, MN, USA, 06/07

Comments: coming from the line of the Adidas barricades, these are very comfy, they don't hurt my knees compare to when I�m wearing my barricades. Don't get me wrong the barricades are still excellent shoes but now that I�m a bit older I find that cushioning, health of my feet and knees and comfort is my main priority now when it comes to shoes.
From: John, Fremont, CA, USA, 06/07

Comments: What a great value. These shoes are reasonably priced and provide really excellent comfort and support. The width is between a regular D size Shoe and the New Balance EE width and they seem to fit my wide feet perfectly. I recommend these shoes to anyone with plantar fasciitis. These shoes actually make me forget it is an issue with my feet. K Swiss has a great product here.
From: John, Atlanta, GA, USA, 03/07

Comments: The shoes are very comfortable. They are excellent value for the money. I have a high arch and wide feet and initially I develop a blister in my small toe. (Blame my feet not the shoe!) However, after several days of usage the shoes were broken into and became comfortable all around. The durability is good, the sole has worn on the sides and the heels. For $69 I think I have gotten good use. I'd better get new shoes every six months than paying top dollars for the promise of a more durable shoe at much higher price. Highly recommend it.
From: Jorge, Lafayette, CA, USA, 01/07

Comments: I love your shoes. They are pretty and they make you want to show them off to every one. But I had about 4 pairs in my whole life and I'm only 13 years old!
From: Keiana, Madsion, WI, USA, 01/07

Comments: After wearing these shoes for awhile (I rotate my tennis shoes, depending on surface and mood!) I have warmed up to them. I previously loved the Ascendor GS (no longer available) and I can tell you the Ultrascendor is no Ascendor GS. The Ascendor had a low to the ground feel (yet adequate cushioning) with a wide toe box. The Ultrascendor has a higher profile and a narrower toe box. Not the same beast, or even similar. I was disappointed at first, but over several months have gotten used to them. I do like the way the lacing system connects to the straps going down to the midsole, this is similar to the Ascendor, and keeps the foot very stable. Comfort and durability have not been issues either (playing on hard, rough courts). So why do I still long for my old Ascendor GS's? When I put on the Ascendor GS's my feet were at peace, and I felt confident in all my moves. The Ultrascendor does not quite give me that confidence. I will not be purchasing another pair, even though they are better than most of the tennis shoes on the market.
From: Peter, Groton, MA, USA. 7/06

Comments: I have very wide feet and high arches and these shoes fit perfectly. No really, I'm a whiner about poor fitting shoes and these feel fantastic. I've had them for over a year and they still perform and look like new. I play roughly 6-10 hours a week except for during the dead of winter. I'm buying another pair for fear that when I go to buy them in the future they are no longer for sale, they're that good.
From: Matt, Alexandria, VA, USA 07/06

Comments: I have had my Ultrascendors for over a year playing 2-3 times per week and am amazed at how new the uppers look. I play at both the 3.5 and 4.0 level. I tend to suponate (walk on the outsides of my feet) and have low arches. The sole is now completely worn but the rest of the shoe held up extremely well. I would buy another pair gladly.
From: Tony, Anaheim, CA, USA 04/06

Comments: I've been using this model for the last 4 years. I play doubles 2 or 3 times a week and a pair lasts me about 6 months. I find them very comfortable right out of the box. When I buy a new pair I wear the retired pair for everyday use. When I buy a third pair, I use the previous everyday pair for doing yard work. These shoes are great for me. I'm a 3.5-4.0 player.
From: Charlie, Lewisburg, PA, USA. 3/06

Comments: I purchased these shoes for the 2005 tennis season. I was dissapointed with the width. The shoe is described as wide, however, it was not wide enough for my foot, which is slightly wider than average. After 4-5 months the shoe started to rip apart on the inside of my left foot and on the outside of my right foot. I suspect it may have been a result of the leather getting wet from sweat and then drying out and getting wet again etc.. I wear insoles and found the shoes a bit too small. I lost two toes nails in these shoes, however, it may have been a result of simply not fitting my foot properly. I played 4x a week and would describe myself as an aggressive/competitive player. The toe guard provided worked really well and the bottoms, or sole, was worn out by the end of the 4-5 months. Reviewers were right about the squeaky sound of the shoe. If you are planning on using these shoes for crime-get-aways I wouldn't recommend, they are bit noisy. The shoe looks great, nice style. Overall, I would say overall they were average. My quest for the perfect tennis shoe continues. My new new toe nails are growing in fine.
From: Terry, Kingston, Ont, Canada 01/06

Comments:These shoes are very comfortable and easy to break in but they lack in durability. After having them for 4 weeks the rubber on the heel started peeling off and then the whole layer. I would definetely not recomend these shoes for people who wear out shoes easily.
From: Gunnar
Dallas, TX USA 11/05

Comments: Awesome cushion under heels. Feel like running shoes when you sprint. Now I could not understand how did I move in those ProStaff 700s. I put them (PS-700s) on once lately - it's like running barefoot.
From: Eugene, Toronto, Canada. 10/05

Comments: Great looking shoe! Unfortunately, the toe box is so narrow that even when I tried a half-size larger, it was still tight. I'm usually a standard width fit. I had great expectations, but they just weren't made for my feet, very similar to the fit New Balance provides.
From: Paul, NJ, USA. 9/05

Comments: I am on my second pair of KSwiss Ultrascendor and I have been very happy with them. I play singles 2 times a week and they last 6 months or so. The best thing I like about these shoes is that they work great for people with wide feet. I enjoy the comfort and the excellent stability. Thanks KSwiss.
From: Joe, Loganville, GA USA 07/05

Comments: I am a K Swiss shoes fan but these shoes are not for me. I like almost everything about these shoes especially the roomy toe box because I have wide feet. One thing I don't like is the heels of these shoes are higher than normal tennis shoes. It's not very stable to run chasing tennis ball during a game. For that reason I slipped and sprained my ankle.
From:Dan, El Monte, Ca, USA. 05/05

Comments: The Ultrascendors are the best shoes I have found yet, and I have worn many with New Balance my prior favorite. I can't believe my Ultrascendors have lasted well over a year playing 2-3 times a week, and still the uppers look like new. They do wear like iron and are extremely comfortable. I will look at the new Defier RS next, but it would be hard not to buy these again.

Comments: I'm on my second pair of Ultrascendors and will buy a third pair soon. They have performed and worn extremely well. I was bummed when the New Balance 800's were discontinued, but for wider foot types, these are a welcome alternative, and they provide more substantial support and stability besides. I'm a three-times-a-week 4.0 year-round player.
From: Len, Indiana,USA. 01/04

Comments: Tried these and found them a tad heavy and uncomfortable.
From: Mike, Duluth, MN, USA. 12/04

Comments: These shoes are by far the worst pair I've ever worn, within a week of play the stitching was already coming undone and the shoe looked a year old. This shoe looks great on paper but doesn't last long enough to enjoy.
From: Jon, St. Paul, MN, USA. 12/04

Comments: These shoes are great I have been using them for a year and they barely have any wear. The shoe is the best overall value that I could find.
From: James Anthony, Oak Brook, IL, USA. 10/04

Comments: I LOVE these shoes. I wore mine to the ground (which took a LONG time), and can't wait to get another pair. I can't stand my toes to be cramped, and it's hard to find a pair of shoes that are comfortable to me and still support the rest of my foot. These offered a roomy toe box, but still had plenty of support.
From: Chris, Charlotte, NC, USA. 08/04

Comments: I am a competitive 5.0-5.5 player, with match play about four times per week. I went to these shoes after having used the K-Swiss Glaciators. Honestly, the Glaciators are better shoes. The Ultrascendors offered a decent lightweight shoe, but actually seemed to lag in traction. The problem just doesn't present itself for a couple of days. I found that after a week of use, my five-line (suicide, yo-yo, etc.) sprint time had dropped nearly a full second simply from lack of traction. The only other problem encountered was a pinched pinky toe. The problem was not the size, but cushion related. Every time I would go for a quick lateral stop, a rough piece of unprotected leather would cut into my toe. This problem, however, can be avoided with thicker socks. Not bad shoes for the price, just not the best.
From: Patrick, McKinney, Texas, USA. 08/04

Comments: I'm a junior USTA and High School tennis player who plays about 5 or 6 hours a week. I just got back from a tennis camp in New York, and after close to 40 hours on court, several tournaments, and almost a summer later the shoes are still playable. I've got two more tournaments to go and then its back to indoors on the clay. These shoes are great! Not only does the outsole not wear out but also the stitching does not come undone anywhere like all the Wilson shoes I�ve played with. These shoes are great and I�d recommend them to anyone. In fact I will be getting another pair.
From: Andy, Harpers Ferry, West Virginia, USA. 08/04

Comments: I have been wearing these on the court 6 months 2-3 matches per week and they wear like iron and still look almost new. They are very comfortable and have great cushioning in the forefoot, mid and heel. My last pair of New Balance 600 series delaminated at the sole after a few weeks of light use. I am very impressed with the Ultrascendors and will buy another pair if these ever wear out :)
From: H.E. , Long Beach, CA, USA. 08/04

Comments: These are my first K-Swiss shoes. I usually wear New Balance. I like the shoes. They're light and wear well. I haven't had any issue with ankle roll over, which is a problem for me. I have found that I have to lace the strings all the way to the very top holes to keep from jamming my toes. My one complaint is that the rubber "shock absorber" strap around the back of the heel has come unglued on both shoes. I don't perceive a difference, but it's aggravating.
From: Allen, Mobile, Alabama, USA

Comments: I love these shoes. Light, excellent cushion, wide enough toe box for the Thorlo socks, and very comfortable. I have tried various brands: Adidas Barricade (too narrow), Wilson 700 (hurt my toes and a bit on the heavy side), Nike Profiler (very light but minimal cushion and sole wears out too fast), Nike Court international (light but hurt my toes and heel) to name a few. These are by far the best! Highly recommended. K-Swiss rules.
From: Chi, Rancho Viejo, TX, USA. 1/04

Comments: I play tennis three times a week. The Ultrascendor was the fourth type of shoe I tried and dismissed in the last two years. One shoe hurt my big toes. The next hurt my middle toes. The third pair gave me plantar fasciatus. I was beginning to think that at age 40, I was destined to live with foot pain. The Ultrascendor was just right. No more sore toes or sore arches. It�s great for people with high arches like mine.
From: Gary, Fairfield, CA, USA. 11/03

Comments: I am in my early 60's, and struggled with sore feet the morning after tennis. I finally broke down and bought a pair of Ultrascendors (priced about twice what I had been paying for shoes), and am very happy. No more sore feet. I play three times a week, and the shoes are worth every bit of the price.
From: John, Rock Island, Il, USA. 7/03

Comments: I purchased the Ultrascendor as I wanted to try a new K-Swiss w/ the latest technology. Overall, I have been pretty happy w/ the shoes in terms of playability, durability, response and shoe wear. One thing that disappointed me was the lining of the shoe next to my ankle on the left shoe wore through in like 2 months; doesn't affect play but just makes the shoe look cheap as the material broke. I have never had that experience w/ a tennis shoe let alone a K-Swiss; this is my 3rd K-Swiss show. Overall, like the durability, quality. Comfort is pretty good; not the most comfortable(Prince Qtrack were super comfy but poor durability). Overall, good shoe but a bit on the pricey side.
From: James, Milpitas, CA, USA. 6/03

Comments: I switched to these shoes at the beginning of 2003 in hopes of getting more wear out of them than the Nike's that I had been wearing. It has taken me twice as long to wear through the sole. I got 4 months out of these Vs 6 to 8 weeks out of Nike AirCourt Implosions. There seems to be a trade off in terms of cushioning. It might just be my imagination but it feels like they have lost a bit of their spring. My feet and knees hurt a bit more than they did a month ago.
From: Jimmy, San Antonio, TX, USA. 6/03

Comments: My first pair of K-Swiss was a 2000 pair of Defier�s I bought on closeout sale. I loved them. I also outgrew them so when I went to get a new pair I was going to get some new Defiers but since I am at that age where you grow faster than you wear out shoes I bought the Ultrascendors. They are not as durable as the Defiers but like all K-Swiss, they are very good. They are much lighter and more comfortable. Since a lot of my game revolves around my speed and me getting to every shot (and putting it back in play) these lighter more comfortable shoes help. I love these shoes and will continue to buy them. They are pricey, so if you wear out shoes a lot then I recommend the Defiers because of the durability. Since I outgrow shoes fast I can get these lighter shoes. I also do not have any trouble with wearing my shoes out real quick. So if you want a light comfortable shoe at a good price then this is the shoe for everyone and you.
From: Michael, St. Louis, MO, USA. 5/03