Comments: I just switched from a 2nd Generation Babolat AeroPro Drive Cortex to the V Core 98D after 8 years of being a Babolat enthusiast. I have been using the stick for about 4 months now, and I can certainly testify that it is one of the best choices I have made in regards to my tennis game development. The lightweight design assists in racquet acceleration, making everything from slices, serves, and groundstrokes effective with good depth and angle. I had used Yonex before with previous models, such as the RDIS, and the V Core 98 D is a departure from the typical Flex of most Yonex frames. It is significantly stiffer for decent power generation, but is soft enough to promote control and accuracy for where the ball needs to go. If you are looking for a frame that will unleash unimaginable amounts of pop, then this is not the ideal frame for you. What Yonex has effectively done is to allow the proficiently skilled player to create their own power, and the racquet will subsequently help you with enough stability to direct virtually any shot around the court. Yonex has undoubtedly manufactured the best frame the company has ever seen. This stick has earned my loyalty to Yonex.
From: Tunde, 11/12
String type and tension: Volkl Cyclone 17g @ 57 lbs

Comments: I have been using this frame for 8 months. I started with the 100, but I could not control it. I noticed that the grip is smaller than other brands; 4 feels 1/2 size smaller. Having come from Dunlop and Wilson, I must say that this is a wonderful racquet. Just give it 4 weeks!
From: Terry, 11/12
String type and tension: Tecnifibre Black Code 17g mains / NRG2 17g crosses @ 57 lbs

Comments: A strange racket! I've played with a lot of Yonex racquets, but this one is quite different. It took a bit more time to get used to. I had no problem with stiffness, and after 5 months of play, I think it is an evenly balanced racquet in terms of control, spin and power. Although I customized this stick, with a weight of 336.5g (11.87 oz), balance 32.5cm, 12.79 inches and 5.68 points head light!
From: Voya, 11/12
String type and tension: Tecnifibre Black Code @ 57 lbs

Comments: I have been playing with this racquet for about a month. At the beginning I've added a lead tape because it was to light for me. It has nice feel, good spin but for some reason it seems inconsistent for me and flew long some groundstrokes, specially on my forehand. It seems some lack of control. Volleys and serve were great with a lot of spin. Overall: it has a nice feel of the ball with a good sensation when you hit the ball but it has not given to me the necessary confident that you need when you are into the rallies.

Comments:This racket is firm but not too stiff. It is amazing at the net when volleying or hitting a touch shot. Groundstrokes get power with ease, although you have to apply a little bit. Great spin on all strokes including the serve.
From: Jonathon, 3/12

Comments: This is the best racquet. I started using this VCore about 7 months ago and thought it was a great stick but it was too stiff really hurt my arm and shoulder. Since then since then I have tried various brands but struggled with consistency, and then thought I would give the VCore another go with a new string job just cheap Prince syn gut and WOW!!!!! iI was even better than the first time. It's no wonder that top pros Wawrinka, Tomic etc are now using this stick. Once you try it you will want to keep it. Beware or the stiffness, but try various string set-ups to find the one for you.
From: Davie. 1/12
String type and tension: syn gut @ 59ibs

Comments: This racquet is another winner from Yonex! You need to generate most of your own power, but outside of that, this racquet generates a lot of spin and has pinpoint control. This racquet is especially good at the net, although it is a stiff frame, it has tremendous feel at the net. It's very easy to hit through a volley and know it's going in. I'm also a very big Yonex advocate because their racquets aren't made in China like Babolat, Head, Wilson, and Prince. Yonex is made in Japan with an extremely high manufacturing process. Yonex frames in my experience last about years longer than other frames that I have used.
From: Jay, 10/11
String type and tension: Luxilon Adrenaline Rough/Tecnifibre synthetic gut at 59 lbs

Comments: At first I had problem adjusting to the racquet's stiffness. However, after about a week, I grew accustomed to it and found the stiffness really helped with my consistency. I feel that my flat 2-handed backhand got extremely consistent (especially on the return) and my (heavy, western grip) topspin forehand also gained more control because of the racquet. I also love using this racquet to play doubles as my volleys also feel crisp and controlled. The downside of this racquet is that my shoulder and my arm started to feel sharp pain after using this racquet for about a month, especially on my serves. It might have to do with the racquet's stiffness plus the Luxilon string (which is also known for its stiffness as well). To alleviate this problem, I started using the dampener, lowered the string tension to low 50s (the control is still there because of the racquet), and changed from full-bed Luxilon string to hybrid strings. This is not the racquet that you can use for only a couple hours and will get used to it right away. Its stiffness will take some time to adjust (and some serious strings consideration), but once you are used to it, it will reward you with great control and consistency.
From: Tim, 8/11
String type and tension: Luxilon ALU Power Rough on cross at 50lbs, and Babolat VS 16 (natural gut) at 52 lbs on cross

Comments: Very good racket. It has pop, is stable, with a big sweetspot. I have tennis elbow but can play with it with no pain.

Comments: A good racquet, no vibration, good control, good spin (top and back are very easy to get), maneuverable and fast, good touch and quite forgiving, but if you need power and punch it's not the racquet for you. I felt from the very beginning, hitting from the baseline with topspin shots, a lack of mass and power especially if you are not a flat hitter.
From: Gabriele Medri. 5/11
String type and tension: Topspin Cyber Flash - 24/23kg

Comments: I've played with Yonex frames dating backto the RD-7. The V Core 98d is the first one which actually provided some real pop. The only problem is that my arm is about to fall off. It feels much stiffer than anything reported. Please beware, if your elbow is tender, stay away from this frame. It is not like the RDX500 or RDiS 100.
From: Alex. 5/11
String type and tension: Tecnifibre X-One Biphase, 59 lbs

Comments: I have had this racket for about ten hours now, what can I say? It's a belter! One thing though, I felt that it was a little stiff. Maybe I had the strings a bit too tight, but it is great on serves, both slice and flat. It has great control on my forehand and made me feel confident on shots that I would second guess myself, backhands the same. Overall an excellent racquet.
From: Davie, Scotland, UK. 5/11

Comments: Yonex hit the jackpot with this stick! I liked it right from the start! The Yonex V-Core 98 has plenty to offer - good spin, nice controllable power and a buttery touch is all yours with this stick. The amazing thing is that i can mix up my game really good with it - play with lots of spin, play angles or go for the finishing shot - no problem at all! The build quality of the Yonex V-core series exceeds all other racquets that I have previously used. Go get it and forget about the rest!
From: Markus. 4/11

Comments: I like the 98 better than the 95 model because the 98 has a little more pop and is easier to move around. Now, for those familiar with Yonex, this racquet plays a lot stiffer than their other sticks, especially in the upper hoop. The good thing is shots near the upper hoop have more power and control thanks to the stiffness but I did feel more vibration also. Even more vibration than the AeroPro Drive and that racquet is even stiffer. But balls hit near the top of the string bed come off this racquet with good pace and control. I think this is overall a good stick but Yonex needs to dampen it a bit to balance the stiff hoop. Also, why a static weight of only 11.2 ounces? In my opinion you're gonna need some lead tape for this racquet for sure.
From: Nate, Kettering. 4/11

Comments: Great stick from Yonex! When the V-Core Series was revealed I first was shocked that Yonex changed the specs of their players frames that much - but it works just fine for me! The V-Core 98D feels not too soft or too stiff - just a perfect in between! This stick performs well in all categories like power, spin and control. I feel very confident while playing with it.
From: Paul, Netherlands, 03/11
String type and tension: Luxilon Savage

Comments: Just switched to the 98D from Babolat PD Cortex. Very solid feel. I demoed a bunch of racquets (Dunlop, Wilson, Volkl, Prince, Babolat, including the RDiS 100 MP). This one really stood out for me. I can really get aggressive with it. Have tried it with Prince Syn Gut cross/Alien main 62/58, which felt great. Currently have full bed of Kirschbaum Proline II 17ga at 62 lbs. I'm surprised how much I like the full poly! Have had some elbow issues in the past, but so far not with this setup. Added 15gm lead to just above the grip and may put some at 3 and 9. Only criticism would be the Yonex grip.
From: Tim, Pinehurst, NC, USA, 03/11
String type and tension: Still experimenting

Comments: Wow! Finally, even if you have never been a fan of Yonex or their head shape, this one is awesome comfortable stick with very easy power and spin. The first thing I noticed about this is that it is very forgiving, and easy to maneuver. It also has a nice solid feel towards it, control is some of the best I ever felt.
From: Diomar, Hallandale FL, USA, 3/11
String type and tension: Wilson NXT 60

Comments: Having been playing this V-CORE 98D for around 10 hours; it makes me feel very confident, comfortable and offers control on the volley. The groundstrokes have a little bit heavy feeling in swing but still maneuverable thanks to the 315mm balance pts. A very wonderful and quality paint job. The con is that this V-CORE just lacks a little bit of power compared to other same weight racquets.
From: Loc Tran, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam, 03/11
String type and tension: Yonex Tour Super 850 at 21 kgs

Comments: Huge Yonex advocate, I used rdis 100 midsize and decided to go lighter, so I gambled and purchased the v core 98d. The transition was tough, but having played with the rackets for two days, I have been able to grow accustomed to the racket. Groundstrokes are nothing out of this world but the racket is extremely stable and maneuverable, so the racket allows for great consistency. Volleys are extremely crisp. Serves are a bit suspect; flat serves, my favorite, are not as powerful, but kick serves have just enough spin. Overall, I'm enjoying the racket; comfortable, stable, and maneuverability are the rackets best features.
From: J. Flores, Lynwood, CA, USA, 03/11
String type and tension: Solinco Barbwire

Comments: I was able to hit with a demo of this racquet for 2 hrs. Listed below is my conclusion.
Groundstrokes: I thought my one backhanded really went through the court and angles were really easy to create. The forehand was inconsistent and flew long a lot. But at the end of the hitting session I was getting it dialed in.
Serve: The serve was good not great. There was some good spin and nice feel due to the bigger sweetspot on top of the frame.
Volleys: I felt that my volleys were great. The racquet had great feel and touch at the net!
Overall: If you are looking for an upgrade of the exact same racquet as the rdis 100 then you are out of luck. If you are looking for something a little lighter and more control then this is your racquet.
I will comment more once I get it strung up with my current setup. All Mantis power poly at 59 lbs.
From: Nick, PA, USA, 02/11