Tecnifibre Ruff Code 17 String Reel Customer feedback

Comments: I have been using Ruff Code 17G as a cross with NRG2 17G multi mains for about 6 months now. It is a very good poly. Control, spin, and duration are all in line with other premium polys. It has a light texture and is fairly slick -- it has a kind of coating that is smooth but with light dimples. Very similar to Lux ALU Rough, but slicker. It does not eat the mains like a rougher poly would. I have about 1/2 a reel left. May get another or try the new TF Razor Code. I like TF strings.

Comments: I have been using this as a cross for 3 months now. It is a quality product. The texture is not real rough, but just lightly textured. I have not measured tension loss, but it seems to last well for a poly. All Tecnifibre strings seem to last well for a poly-type strings. Spin, control and comfort are very good and in line with other top polys. Very close to Lux Rough. There seems to be a slick coating on the strings so I think it makes a very good cross even with the light texture. I bought a reel and am very pleased. Player profile: 4.0-4.5 all court player, I hit with moderate pace and spin.

Comments: Normally play a full bed of 18 gauge Black Code strung at either 48 or 52 lbs depending on the conditions. This string didn't feel as good at lower tensions to me. Tried again but strung and 58 lbs and really liked the feel. Contemplating making the switch as this holds tension pretty well.
From: Dean, 6/12

Comments: This string is totally amazing. It has great feel for my slice shot and chip and charge. This string does not help with spin that much but it offers great power. Since I have a powerful swing, it is a great string for that. I suggest to get this strung at 40 lbs. I like going for mega power. Overall, I would rate this an 11 out of 10.
From: Eugene, 4/12

Comments: I'm a big fan of Tecnifibre strings. I used the X-One Biphase, NRG, and Multi-Feel all the time in a hybrid with polyester. I've been experimenting with different poly strings and so far have only tried the Black Code (which I like, but not as much as MSV Hex 17L) from the Tecnifibre poly line. I found the Ruff to be stiffer than the Black Code. Typically I can play right after a string job, but I am going to try this one out for a while before I make a decision on whether or not I like it. So far the durability has been good and string movement minimal. I do feel that this string in stiffer than the Black Code, MSV, and Babolat Pro Hurricane I've used in the past. I also think that I have lost some of my feel on shots, especially on lobs. My racquet is a Yonex Ezone 100 strung w/ poly at 52 lbs. on the mains and Multi-Feel (16) on the crosses at 57 lbs.
From: Jackie, 3/12

Comments: Love these strings. They barely move, which is a good thing for me since im a topspin player (furious topspin on the forehand almost nadal like). It plays as well as the RPM Blast and is a great substitute if RPM Blast is too expensive.
From: Armin. 3/12