Gamma TNT2 Fusion Plus 19 String Customer feedback

Comments: I wanted a string with control -- I was using Luxilon ALU Power Rough but I was getting too many fliers. These Gamma strings have been a big improvement, plenty of spin and good power. I played 2 sets, in the first set I lost 0- 6 due to the strings not having "broken in," in the second set, the strings started working, I lost 7-6. Great string, strung at 58lb.

Comments: If your game is based on control, pinpoint accuracy, precision, consistency and spin then you should play with this version of the Fusion19G. Don't be fooled by all the hype about Poly strings, edged or non edged synthetic gut strings - this string is even better than natural gut except with less power. Remember, if your opponent consistently out powers you, its has nothing to do with the strings. I use it in my Wilson Pro Staff 6.0 85 and it punches the ball like a heavyweight (intended for heavy hitters 4.5 & up)
From: Harry, 2/13

Comments: I have used the TNT Fusion Plus 19 many years ago and liked it. But due to the lack of power I switched to different strings, as a result of that my consistency drops and I developed tennis elbows on both hands. A couple of years ago I switched from Wilson Prostaff 6.0 to surge and adjusted my strokes, now I am hitting heavy swing and top spins from both sides. I switched back to TNT Fusion Plus 19 a year ago, my tennis elbows almost gone and my tennis buddy (used to play for a big time college) is having hard time keeping up with me. Just bought 10 packs since it is hard to find now.
From: Rich, CA, USA, 02/11

Comments: This is an update to my previous post on this string. My complaint about the string is that after four weeks it lost most of the power for the serving. Groundstrokes were very good, but serving with power and spin was not as easy after four weeks. The strings are still good but I decided to cut them and try a new hybrid set from Babolat.
From: Miguel, San Juan, PR, 11/10

Comments: Tested this string in a Babolat Pure Drive 107 GT at 58 in m & c. I felt good with the string from the beginning. Great feel and control together with a good amount of power. It is very rare to find this type of combination. In addition, the string is very arm friendly. Played three sets (one went to a tie breaker and it was about 1 hour long) and the arm did not felt tired or with pain. My string before this one was a Poly + Syn gut and it was very hard. On the serve the Fusion gave me want I was looking for: control, spin and a decent amount of power. Lets see how long it last and for how long it maintains the tension. Played on hard court with Wilson balls.
From: Miguel, San Juan, PR, 11/10

Comments: This is one NASTY sting combo! I've got 'em stung at 65 on my Head intelligence Radical Mid-plus's and they absolutely rule. Only thing I will ever string with.
From: Eddie, Denton, TX, USA, 10/10

Comments: I wish this came in a reel, because I use natural gut in the cross with the 19g Kevlar. What a pair! High control, solid spin potential, dampened feel, and amazing bite. Access to power is there if needed, and very responsive to both fast and slow swing speeds. Whether going for hard put-aways or soft drop shots, what you put into the shot is what comes out. I'll have to try next time with the packaged crosses, but the comfort is so good I think the gut really helps that, not to mention the feel just gets better with use so far!

Comments: Great string, excellent feel, amazing spin. If your looking for a little more power, take out the Gamma tnt 17 crosses, put in Babolat conquest or some other synthetic gut.
From: ROB, Philadelphia, PA, USA 12/09

Comments: I really like this string because you still get great bite and you still have good feel for the ball and i don't know why everybody is complaining that you can get power from this but you can, but I wish Gamma made the 19g kevlar in a reel
From: Danny Strom, Mountain view, CA, USA 10/09

Comments: I strung my Prince O3 Tour OS with these at 58lbs tension after I read all about the good reviews for this product. It sucked for power. I noticed a bunch of spin but the racket felt totally dead when hitting the ball and I found that no matter how I swung at the ball, I could never get more power on it. I would not recommend these strings for those who cannot produce a LOT of power by themselves. Although, I found my service was a lot better with these strings, because I could place the ball very well. Too much control.
From: Minesh, Sugar Land, Texas, USA, 12/08

Comments: Finally found a string I can rip with. I had elbow problems for years from an overstrung, extended length Prince racket. I now play with the KBlade 98, strung these puppies at 58 mains, 52 crosses and wow! No arm problems. Fantastic touch and power--these strings give me confidence to take as full a cut at it as I want.
From: David, Los Angeles, CA. 6/08

Comments: I used to play with the 16 gauge but I figured I would try this string given the positive reviews above. After playing with the 19 gauge for 3 months (8 pkgs) I have to say that I was disappointed with it. In terms of power, feel and durability the 16 gauge was superior. Spin potential was about equal. The biggest drawback, for me at least, was comfort. My arm started to ache after several matches so I dropped the tension from 60 to 58 and then to 56lbs. This did not make a difference so now I am going to try polys. I will write a review for those as well, hopefully I will find the right string for me. In closing I have to say that these strings must be decent given all the positive feedback they just did not work for me.
From: RCA, 4.5 player, NY, NY. 4/08

Comments: This is a very good control string. Due to the low power, you do need to take full swings at the ball. This hybrid works better for me than the poly combos I was playing with. Let's see how long the crosses last? I have found my string.
From: Richard, Anthem, AZ, USA. 2/08

Comments: I'm a 4.0 player. Just played a match with it; impressed with touch, and feel of the strings. Good control. I agree that to get more power, you need to swing faster. Overall playability excellent. So far I love it.
From: Joge, Worcester, MA, USA, 02/08

Comments: I used to use the old Prince Topspin plus 16, but would always break the strings within a week or so. I tried many different strings (5-7) by the pro, which recommended upon my playing style. None of them worked. They either did not have any bite or the ball just flew. A friend of mine who used to be a chronic string breaker recommended these. WOW! I swear these strings have teeth! They really bite the ball and have great feel. They usually last me about 2 months. They are thin but I believe they last because they are a kevlar/hybrid. If you can generate your own power, these strings are a must. Especially for baseline players. The angles I get due to the spin are amazing. I overhear people all the time commenting on the amount of spin and angle that I play with. From the baseline! Try these. P.S. I have heard a lot of rumors lately about this string being discontinued. They are no longer listed on the Gamma Website. I called Gamma and they told me they are not being discontinued and have no plans to do so. Thank You Gamma!
From: Marty, TX, USA, 07/07

Comments: If you are looking for a string that is ALL control with good feel, look no further. I was getting frustrated with the trampoline effect of the Tecnifibre NRG strings after a few hours. I even tried gut and couldn't keep the ball in the court. Other reviewers are correct, there is less power, but not significant enough to give up in this string. In fact I only really feel the drop in power on my volleys. I have been using this string pretty consistently over the past year, and I will use it again this USTA season.
From: Blair, San Diego, CA, USA. 3/07

Comments: I love these strings. Huge spin potential, when using a hard topspin forehand, the bite on the ball I get sends the felt and fuzz flying like the ball just exploded on the strings. Amazing.
From: Matt, Woodstock, Georgia, USA, 01/07

Comments: What a great string. I use a Head Ti Radical OS and string it at 60 lbs. I went from hitting long to burying shots in the corners and on the baseline. My slice backhand has a bite to it with more control. My serve not as fast but the spin allows me put it deep and on the edge of the box which is generating more free service points!
From: Mike, Chino, CA, USA. 12/06

Comments: People are definitely right about not being able to hit the ball out, but its not due to the heavy spin from this string, its the huge decrease in power! I was amazed in how I could not hit with this string. I tried it on my n6.1 (18x20 (not team)) and I'm going to have to cut it. Yes my shots have much more topspin than I can imagine and sometimes my slices move back to me, but I personally think that can't do any good when your opponent can reach all your shots by simply having good footwork. Speed is in important factor in hitting winners (not just speed though).
From: Ronak, Tempe, AZ, USA, 12/06

Comments: Gamma TNT2 Fusion Plus 19 is a string not just for heavy spinners, but also for the all-a-round game. It is my personal string choice because of its versatility and feel.
From: R.Turpin, W. Columbia, SC 07/06

Comments: I've tried this in the APC at 60 lbs. I was using 17G natural gut mains and xcel crosses. This string generates a lot of spin; it was hard to hit the ball out. There was none of the springiness I had with gut, there was a lot less power, but I felt I had excellent control. Serves were also slower, but again I had more control and kick. Volleys were also slower, but I felt I could hit a dime and had great touch. Strings did move a lot. I like this string and will continue to use it.
From: Ed, Okinawa Japan 05/06

Comments: I was using the TNT fusion 16g, but tried this 19g. I have noticed an increase in my already heavy topspin game. My backhand slice no longer floats. I have noticed an increase in my control also. The downs are that the strings to tend to move a lot and I have lost just a bit of power (almost unnoticeable).
From: Martin, Abilene, TX

Comments: Up to this point I have been using a hybrid of hurricane 17g on the mains and Prince synthetic gut w/Duraflex 16g as my crosses at 55lbs. These strings are better by far. The spin it generates is crazy and control and power are all very good. One thing that I have to criticize about this string is the movement, it moves A LOT.
From: Lawrence Yang, Placentia, CA USA 05/06

Comments: Have been playing with a Yonex Ti-80 strung with Big Banger Alu Power Rough 18g Mains @ 62lbs and Babolat XCel Premium 16g Crosses: I still find that I'm easily knocking the ball way out of the court - even with LOTS of top-spin. But today I've had the racquet restrung with TNT Fusion Plus 19g @ 58lbs: what a difference - thought I had lots of topspin before - now it's ferocious! Every shot skims the top of the net, lands in the court and bounces with a kick. The strings do sound very tinny but what the hell - gotta love the result. The strings do move quite a bit, but I guess that's bound to happen with 95 kgs behind the racquet! Will be interesting to see how long they last. One thing's for sure - I'm buying more.
From: David, Auckland, New Zealand 04/06

Comments: Just recently switched to this string. All I can say is amazing! So much spin! I would like a bit more touch at net, but this string is still far better than anything else I've ever used.
From: Thaddeus, Ohio 02/06

Comments: Strung the 19g mains at 52lbs and the crosses at 58lbs in my nSix-One 16x18. Great feel, great spin, and low string movement, and this setup is very low-powered. Overall, each of my shots became more consistent, especially the serve. Volleys somehow seemed easier to hit as well.
From: Ty, Knoxville, TN, USA 01/06

Comments: I have been playing with this string for 2 years now and have tried other 19 gauge strings as well. Being a heavy hitter, this string is the BEST I have ever played with. I can now actually get topspin on the ball and keep it in play. I can almost hit the ball as hard as I want to. If you are not a heavy hitter, it may not be the string for you, for you need to provide your own power. Strung at 65lbs I have never broken a string, only replace them when they start to fray or start to loosen. I buy 4 packs at a time because I love the 19 gauge both on my stays and cross strings. This is the best out there, and I have tried others. This string has allowed me to go from a 4.0 with flashes of 4.5 consistency, to a 4.5 player with a 70% winning record.
From: Mike, Littleton, CO, USA. 8/05

Comments: Love this string so much, durability, spin, feel and power is just awesome. My one-handed backhand and top spin forehand shots improved dramatically. The serve is ok if you have good technique, I am pretty sure this string will hold up for most advanced players, definitely recommended just bought eight of these.
From: Kevin, Sammamish, WA USA 05/05

Comments: Super string. Love it so much. Gave me tons of spin. So far been very durable, 20 hours of play and goes strong. Highly recommended.
From: Leon, CT, USA. 03/05

Comments: This is one of the best strings I have used. I do a lot of topspin with my forehand and backhand, and this string suits me well. I tried the Gamma Extreme Spin 19, it's suitable, but I still prefer the Gamma TNT 2 Fusion Plus 19. I recommend to anyone out there who loves to hit hard and does a lot of topspin. Have fun playing tennis!
From: Bunty, Lawrenceville, GA, USA. 02/05

Comments: This is heaven's best gift to tennis since the extreme spin 19. Bites and lasts what feel too!
From: Kent, Hercules, CA, USA. 08/04

Comments: I've been playing with Gamma TNT Extreme Spin 19 for about three years until Gamma discontinued it. Anyway, I really like this string. They combine the spin & control of the Extreme Spin mains with the comfort and pop of the 17 gauge synthetic gut (or whatever it is) crosses. I tried stringing one frame with Extreme Spin 19 mains and Tecnifibre NRG2 18 (another string I really like) crosses, but it didn't work as well as these.
From: Ian, Knoxville, TN, USA. 4/04

Comments: My stringer broke one of my frames a month ago. I took another racquet to him and he grabbed me, pulled me close and whispered "I'm gonna make it right with you." I said, "hey guy, what the heck." You should have seen his eyes. He was sitting on a gold mine and was about to let me in. "I've got a special string for you," he whispered and winked. He strung my racquet with 19g TNT Fusion, and I discovered what the Chinese ancients mean when they say, "bang like firecracker." I have never hit with such heavy spin. I won't ever play with anything else. This string has opened doors for me. Every shot I hit comes down in the court. The ball rotation is unreal. Most players out there think 19g is too thin, but they're wrong. The durability is out of this world, and you're talking to someone who shreds through 16g kevlar like it was dental floss. Just try this string once.
From: Crawford, Lake Placid, NY, USA. 1/04

Comments: Professional stringers tend to break it. Likely, it has less than usual stretchiness. Unusual stringing precautions are indicated. Compared to cheap syn gut (Babolat $4 string), it has 10% better feel, 10% better spin control, 5% more power. Playing comments from 3.5 and 4.0 players. Tested on C10 Pro Volkl MP 61lbs and Head Ti.Radical OS 68lbs. It substantially transmits shock to the arm and elbow. Persons with injuries should use lower tension or softer string. It does not lose tension or move in the first 6 hours of use. After that, the mains wander with every topspin shot, but less than syn gut. It lasts as long as syn gut16 on these racquets with the given tensions. A Gamma Rep told me in July 2003 that they no longer make TNT Fusion Plus 19, but that TNT Ruff is a good replacement for it.
From: Grant, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA. 7/03

Comments: This is great string. Made especially for players who appreciate a backhand slice offensive. The spin is unbelievable for both backhand and forehand topspin players.
From: Antonio, Curitiba, Parana, Brazil. 7/03

Comments: Just used the TNT Fusion Plus (64 lbs) on my MITT 97 racquet and I cannot agree with the comments posted. The string did not last very long for me, actually it was far below average what I would get out of a Gamma Marathon. Now, this might have something to do with the very open string pattern of this MITT racquet. The playability is fine, but since the stamina is not that good, I will not use it again. Back to Gamma Marathon.
From: Rudolf Straat, Lake Forest, CA. USA

Comments: All I can say is that this is an all around great string. I am a fairly frequent string breaker and I have been looking for a string that gives me both playability, and durability. I found it with the TNT Fusion 19g. Almost every string I tried that promised durability always sacrificed playability and vice versa. This string was exceptional with both. I will definitely keep purchasing this string until I find a better string for the price. (Which is pretty tough I would think)
From: Robert, Vancouver, WA. USA 10/02

Comments: I am 18 and I have been playing for about 4 years now. I have gone through many racquets and many strings. After breaking my strings last week I decided to give these strings a try. I got my racquet back yesterday and from the first swing I had with the racquet I could notice so much difference. I had more control and incredible spin. The feel of every shot was so much better than my regular old strings. I am going to stick with these strings for a while. I feel like this impressive performance is going to be an asset to my game this season.
From: David, Marshall, TX. USA 10/02

Comments: The Gamma TNT Fusion Plus 19 is a fabulous string! Great pop, control, spin, feel and durability too! I've tried so many sets of string with only a slight difference between them. They're all pretty good for a few sets, then start to loss some aspect of playability or pop. NOT THIS STRING. It's great from set #1.
From: Kevin, Summerfield, NC. USA 6/02

Comments:I have used TNT Fusion Plus 19 in Hawaii and North Carolina. I became the number one rated 3.5 player (USTA/HPTA) in the state of Hawaii with this string. It combines feel and durability. What a combo at a great price.
From: Heisler, Camden, NC. USA 4/02

Comments: Great playability. Being a consistent string breaker every 2-3 sets, this a durable yet lively string. I have used Prince ProBlend for many years; the Gamma Gut Fusion 19 has much more pop and feel.
From: Andy, Pittsburgh, PA. USA 6/01

Comments: This is a great hybrid string. Unlike other hybrids, it gives you better feel and control. It is also a great string for frequent string breakers. It has good feel and touch. I have been using the Ti.radical for a year now, and haven't found a string yet that matches it.
From: Drew, Ft.Worth, TX. USA 6/01