Gamma TNT2 18 Natural String Customer feedback

Comments: This string has great spin potential and a good amount of control BUT there are 2 major problems. The first is that after 1 hour (if you play top spin) the string movement is incredible, you will look at your racquet and find huge gaps. But the main problem is the durability one of my rackets broke after 30 minutes.
From: Tom Punch, England. 04/09

Comments: I used this string in a hybrid w/Luxilon ALU, and it was amazing. It has great playability and great control. Durability is an issue. I am 11 years old and broke the string in 2 1/2 weeks. If you have a big swing it will probably last you about 4 hours.

Comments: This string is very good for control and pace. I can hit deep shots with the forehand and backhand. I play with the Wilson nCode nVision racquet with the string @ 63lbs. I can hit angle shots and volley lobs. The strings also allow for pretty decent pace on the serve and good overheads. I'm a 4.0 player and would recommend the string for control, pace and decent spin.
From: Rick, Suwanee, GA, United States. 9/08

Comments: Gamma TNT2 18 is a decent string, but it is too dead to me. It does not have enough pop. I string my racquets at 65lbs and have a big swing. After a few hours of play the string busted in two places on one shot. It has bad durability, bad feel, and okay playability.
From: Andy, CA, USA. 1/04

Comments: I used to use gut, but when the price jumped from $35 to $55, I switched to Gamma TNT 18. To me, it plays almost like gut, but it is a lot less expensive. Since I string my racquets now, I save even more. Yes, the durability (the lack of it) is a problem, but string savers definitely help. I also found that all string savers are not created equal. I highly recommend Babolat even though it is a bit more expensive than others, because it protects the string better (perhaps it has smoother edges), it does not fall off, and it is easy to install.
From: Ken, Bethlehem, PA. USA 8/02

Comments: The Gamma TNT 18 Natural string has great feel but durability is a problem for topspin players. I tend to recommend it to better lady players. String savers are best placed along the top 3 crosses as this is where the mains tend to break in modern rackets (mis-hits of course) rather than at the center. Try this, it has doubled the life of my strings.
From: Toby, England 8/02

Comments: Gamma TNT 18 Natural has amazing bite and feel. All my shots were very crisp with a soft feel. This string added a new dimension to my serves: a kick serve that really kicks. The only draw back was the durability. It only lasted about 3 hours of play -it broke on an off-center shot. (I am a 3.5 NTRL level baseliner using a Prince Graphite 110 racquet strung at 67lbs.)
From: Vu, Columbus, OH. USA 7/02

Comments: Voted the second most playable synthetic gut string in the USRSA annual survey 2 years in a row, this string plays better than you would imagine. The only drawback is the durability, try using stringsavers from Gamma to extend life. The super thin design allows tons of spin and incredible feel. The best part is the string is low in cost so you can restring each racquet once a month without paying tons of money. Try it once and I guarantee you'll be hooked like me. Guaranteed!
From: Steve, Warren, MI, USA 1/02