Kirschbaum Touch Multifiber 17 (1.25) Reel Customer feedback

Comments: I broke my playing arm at the elbow and once I started playing again had to change to a flexible frame and soft string. I playtested a load of multifillaments claiming to have "gut like" feel. Most don't. But this one does. It is very soft. Even Babolat Xcel jars the arm and feels tinny compared to this. I use the 1.25 gauge and can't recommend it enough. It's a real surprise and has good pop and keeps tension well. I use Prince Exo3 Rebel Team 98 and string at 55 lbs.
From: Louis, 3/14

Comments: I have a Babolat Pure Drive Roddick GT Plus that was strung with Kirschbaum 17 Touch Multifibre 1.25 at a pure 50 lbs. At first the control and pop was real nice even though the strings move around a lot, but turn the racket over, hit, and they go back. However, after two weeks the strings have lost tension and feel dead. I serve fairly hard and with spin. The feel is just not the same as when it was first strung and the pop is harder to come by.
From: A.D., San Francisco, CA, USA, 03/11

Comments: Great strings, holds tension well, easy to string, has decent power, and soft on the arm. I would rate this as one of the top 3 multifilament strings out on the market. The only downside is it is not as crisp as X-one Biphase or Xcel Power.
From: Tai, SF, CA, USA. 5/10

Comments: For 12 years I have been a Laserfibre fan (Supreme, Phenom, etc.)and then Head FXP Power, Tecnifibre X-One BiPhase, Klip Excellerator and others. Now really like this KB Touch MF. Truly amazing tension hold, quite soft feel, quite good control. Wish it came in a 17L or 18. Going to try co-poly Kirschbaum Competition and Pro Line 2 next. Kirschbaum seems like a high quality line.
From: HEC, Long Beach, CA, USA. 1/09

Comments:Strung this string in my Bab Aeropro at 64lbs. The string was easy on the arm and soft... no pop on serve but ok on the groundies. The problem was the string moved from day one and I was constantly telling my opponent not to serve while I had to straighten my strings after every point. Then finally after 3 sets and 1 hour of training they popped right in the middle. I don't know if it was a bad string job or it was the strings but I won't be using them again.
From: Anon. Hollywood, Fl. 1/09

Comments: Great string to go along with Kirschbaum's Spiky 17G. I string anywhere from 61-63lb. and play with a Dunlop Aerogel 200G. I both teach with this string setup as well as play, and the string holds its tension very well and the playability of the 17 is great. If you have not tried Spiky, you should try a pack of it as well as the Touch Multifiber and you ought to have some fun with your kick serve and superb control on your stringbed.
From: David, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA. 2/08

Comments: Great string. It's soft and has plenty of control. After trying so many strings, I think I'll stick with this one. It's in a Yonex RDS 002 Tour at 57 lb. Compared to Wilson NXT Tour 17, this string feels softer. The feel is similar to Klip Venom, but slightly crisper and more powerful. I've only played for 4 hours with it, so I can't comment on durability, but I very rarely break strings anyways. Hopefully it holds tension as well as NXT Tour.
From: Mike, NYC, NY. 12/07