Comments: Brought 4 sets in the Nov 2013. (I am just giving a late comment as I am shopping strings again on TW today). The 1st set broke during stringing. 2nd set just broke when the racquet stood against a wall before any play. 3rd set broke in the fist play when a shot hit to the area near to the upper knot. I also noticed bigger difference on colors of these Titan strings than other brands I used (Bablat, Klip, Pacific). I didn't bother TW for a refund just because I don't know I can do it. I don't have any issues on other brands. The tension was less than 57 lb. (I never set a tension higher than that for any strings on my Gamma Electronic machine). You get for what you paid. And these Titan strings are even worse than the old saying.
From: Chang, 4/14

Comments: Man what a steal this string is! I strung this gut up to 66 pounds with no problem whatsoever and it performs better than Klip or Pacific in my opinion. Great value!

Comments: I used this on my mains with Tecnifibre X1 Bi-Phase 17 on the crosses and it played very well-powerful and fairly durable and, the best part, the pain in my shoulder has gone away. I had my wife's racket strung with all Titan gut and, before I told her what it was strung with, she told me how great it played and good it felt. My stringer has not complained about any great difficulties although I did tell him up front that perhaps it was a bit soft and some had broken it during stringing. I think for hybrid stringing or for someone who doesn't hit the crap out of the ball, it should be great.
From: Robert, Austin, TX, USA, 09/10

Comments: Just strung 16 gauge half set in mains with poly crosses. Strung with no problems, plays great -- nice pop and feel.
From: Dudley, Ocean Twp, NJ, USA, 06/10

Comments: You get what you pay for. While relatively inexpensive for a set of natural gut, my first reactions were that the string was very dry and brittle. A few stringing tips: -Don't pre-stretch the string like usual. If you have a dry set it can easily damage the string. -Adjust your clamps prior. Titan is VERY easily broken and often is a result of a clamp damaging the string. - String is VERY shear sensitive, when tying starting knots, lower your tension a bit for the formation. -String is prone to unravel due to the poor coating holding it together. This is the most likely cause of popping. Be sure to avoid twisting and weaving too fast in the crosses. Run the string through the grommet holes first Pro/cons -Unfortunately the packaging is plastic and not well sealed at all allowing moisture in if humid and drying out if left to store. -Diameter of the string is pretty consistent throughout the sets I've used there aren't any noticeable fluctuations. -Upon opening a new set there are a few flaws, knicks and bumps in the string but they don't necessarily affect playability. -"coating," if you could call it that, seems to be very sparse. If one isn't very careful stringing it's easily damaged. -Playability is ok, It's not VS but it's certainly better than any synthetic I've ever played with. - responsive - If strung and stored properly it holds up pretty well.
From: Anthony, Jericho, NY, USA, 09/09

Comments: This is actually a very good string. I have strung 4 of my frames w/this string as main only. It's very solid, crisp, and responsive. There are some imperfections on the surface, but that's it. The only problem I have w/this string is that...it is not sealed! Titan tends to hole punch the shelve hanger hole right in the middle of the package. Thus expose the string to air. TW had replaced once for me; however, the packages were still exposed. My future orders have the same results, but I'm far too impatient to wait 1.5 weeks for replacement. This is a good string, excellent priced, but must be used quickly before it dries up.
From: Jack, MD, USA. 08/09

Comments: Ordered from TW and broke while stringing. TW replaced it. It broke again while stringing. If you read in the forum, you'll find people having the same issue. I won't buy it again.
From: G., Burlingame, California. 9/08

Comments: I used to be a relatively flat hitter and these lasted me quite nicely for 3 months but now I hit with more topspin and recommend using string savers with it just to get a little more for your money, by the way it won't break on your stringer if you're careful with it and don't let it get kinks in it, I strung mine at 65 lbs.

Comments: I've used it twice. It's a relatively durable string, but it tends to break while stringing it. I'd rather spend more money for Klip Legend or Babolat VS.
From: Keith, Troy, AL, US. 7/08

Comments: I'm on my third racquet with this, in hybrids. In the first, I used the Titan as crosses in a K Blade Team. I've strung gut for years, but the weaving (in a tight pattern) was detrimental to the gut. It felt good, just looked horrible! Since then, I've used it as a main string, in my teaching racquet, with SPPP or CyberFlash. The "coating" survives being a main MUCH better, and plays wonderfully! I'll stick to using this as a main string, and pay more for Babolat or Klip Armour in my crosses. As a main string I'm getting 20 hrs or more out of this (for about $10 a pop)! A nice bargain that lasts (in the mains). Thanks, Titan
From: Jim, Peoria, IL, USA, 07/08

Comments: Good string, a little "dry" and not very comfortable, is very powerful, his advantage is what costs much less than the Babolat version and plays like it very much.
From: Richard, Torino, Italy. 7/08

Comments: I had no problem stringing with Titan on my entry level drop weight stringer. Played as well as Klip or Babolat for the first set or two, but seems to lose tension very quickly and frays quickly. In the end I think it will be more expensive due to more frequent stringing. I'll stick with Babloat Tonic.
From: Ian, Virginia. 5/08

Comments: I wanted to confirm what a few other players on here have written about this string. I've read about how careful you have to be with Titan and how because of the price you get what you pay for. The last natural gut I strung and played with was Klip, and I can say that Titan was as good or better. I found it a little easier to string, wasn't quite as stiff and very easy to work with. I don't think I'd dare string this with my old stringer, but since I've upgraded to a better stand-up stringer, it made stringing a breeze. I used it for the mains of my hybrid with PSG 17 on the crosses. Great feel and power, very easy on the arm. I had some mild tennis elbow last year, so I string this on the lower end of my Dunlop M-fil 300 58lbs. I expect it to lose tension now that I'm into my fifth hour, but that's OK because I want to see how the control holds up when the tension sinks, my guess is it'll be fine. I do play with moderate amount of spin and lots of bite on my slice so yes the fraying is certainly noteworthy, but the fraying will happen with higher priced gut. This string was really a pleasant surprise.
From: Paul, Miami, FLorida, USA. 11/07

Comments: Just a great string. I used it in my mains with Prince Syn. Gut Duraflex crosses, and it's just a great combo. You shouldn't have a problem with braking if your stringer does it right. My 15-year-old friend did it for me, and I've used these strings for about 10 hours with little fraying, but they do lose tension pretty quickly so string tighter or pre-stretch them before you string. You'll get good power, bite, and feel. It's just an all around great value. However, if you hit with lots of spin like full western players, watch out because it probably won't last long. I changed my grip and hit full western for a few minutes and that did most of the fraying and tension loss.
From: Shawn, USA. 11/07

Comments: Great gut, IMO just as good as the rest. It is very soft and makes any poly main have a good trampoline effect and yet still have great control because of the ball pocketing from the gut. Great find TW, keep stocking up!
From: Jay, 04/07

Comments: This string is OK... I ordered the 16 gauge but it looks more like 17... The 15 probably looks and plays more like a 16. There is nothing special about the string. The feel is similar to BDE rally, but it does not have a lot of power and doesn't really give the nice ball-pocketing feel that a gut string should. My regular is the Babolat Tonic gut... will stick to it from now on. The Babolat performs so well and is a very powerful string (what a gut should be!), it produces a very heavy flat ball, as well as gives plenty of spin if needed. For the money, the Tonic is a much better value.
From: Don, Yardley, PA, USA, 01/07

Comments: Seems like I was another one of the unlucky ones. This seemed to string fine, then the next day, before I had a chance to play with it, I noticed it had snapped overnight. I was wondering if I was the only one, but after reading some of the comments here, apparently not. Not worth the cheap price if you're taking a gamble on whether it will break even before you hit a ball with it...
From: John, Lebanon, PA, USA. 12/06

Comments: Not recommended for inexperienced home stringers, but with any stringer who has strung gut for a while, this string is a great bargain. Has the same great feel as other companies second grade, but a much better price. Comparable to BDE Rally, or VS Tonic. Had a few bad experiences with all 2nd grade guts, but if you don't want to chance that, spend the money and get first grade gut.
From: Ziggy, Los Angeles, CA, USA. 12/06

Comments: These are the worst strings I have ever purchased. I have been using BDE 16 gauge for years and they never disappointed me. Friends introduced me to try the Titan so I bought two sets each of Titan Natural Gut 16 and 17. I had the 16 gauge stung at 61 and it's durable but no touch at all. Put the 17 at 61 and the first set broke without playing. I give the second set a try and this time last a little longer, 1 day! I will never buy the Titan again.
From: Y.C., San Francisco, CA, USA, 11/06

Comments: Great value. Not as durable as VS or Legend, but can't beat the price. Use it with NXT 16 crosses at 58lbs main, 56 lbs cross on a PS 85.
From: Jan, Seattle, WA, USA. 10/06

Comments: Economical choice. I use it solely on my mains, with TF Multi-feel on the crosses. A lot more bite with great touch. For the price it can't be beat.
From: John, Tyler, TX, USA. 9/06

Comments: Although it is prone to breakage, if you are very gentle with it, you should be able to string it at relatively high tensions without a problem. Once it is in, it is a decent gut. For advanced players it lasts about a week or 10 hours playing time.
From: Basith Awan, Slough, England 07/06

Comments: I bought this string a few days ago and found how brilliant it was. Of course I had heard about how delicate it was during stringing so I had it done professionally and they are the best strings ever! I NEVER REALIZED HOW MUCH DIFFERENCE NATURAL GUT MAKES! They really give great power. Although a little delicate, a FANTASTIC VALUE!
From: David, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 06/06

Comments: Strung Titan 15L mains @ 58lbs and Wilson Supreme 17 @ 57lbs crosses on a Volkl V1 Classic. It is a lot easier to string just the mains with Gut and using the synthetic on the crosses cut the cost down. Good pop and control with this combo and the strings did not move before breaking. It has also been easier on my wrist than the synthetic strings I've tried recently. Give this combo a try.
From: David, Costa Mesa, CA, USA 05/06

Comments: I strung this with my Yonex Rdx 500 Mid. Many people judge this string before actually trying it. This string does tend to break while stringing, but if you take it to a pro stringer, chances are that it will not break. Aside from that, the playability is similar to all the other natural guts, but what makes this string special is that its extremely cheap.
From: Brian, CA 04/06

Comments: Plays firm and crisp - similar to Klip Legend. I've had it in my Yonex RDX 500 MP for about a month now and it's still going strong. Maintains tension very well. Offers some nice pop, but I'm going to try and find a softer gut like Bow Brand. I tried Titan after Bow Brand raised their prices. I'm going to try BDE next.
From: Eddie, Dallas, TX, USA. 11/05

Comments: Strung some up on my Prince 03 tour at 62lbs. Good quality, great playability, lots of power, will probably string a little tighter next time around. Can't comment on durability yet but after 2 solid hours of pounding the ball, no signs of fraying and little movement. So far, so good. It's not VS, but for the price, this is a great deal!
From: Basil, Boston, MA, USA. 10/05

Comments: Fantastic string for the money. Plays as well as BDE and Klip Legend. I ordered three sets and have been impressed with the quality - looks very clear with very little animal fat or imperfections. Right now these strings are lasting me about 4 weeks of play - I play 3-4 times a week at the 5.5 level. I use Titan in my Yonex RD Ti 80 at 65lbs and it's a great set up.
From: Jim, Redwood, CA, USA. 10/05

Comments: Decent string if used in the crosses, especially in combination w/ poly-type strings. I found it difficult to string due to many imperfections. I think advanced players will break it in about a week.
From: I.G., San Diego, CA, USA. 10/05

Comments: I have strung hundreds of sets of gut since purchasing my first machine in 1974, and this is the first set I've ever broken on the machine. Would strongly suggest one of the other discount brands like BDE in 16 gauge.
From: Phil, Des Moines, IA, USA. 10/05