Tourna Grip Overgrip XL 10 Grip Reel Customer feedback

Comments: I've played with this grip for around 20 hours with fast swing top spins. After seeing the wear I changed/flipped the surface of the same grip. When this wears I will re-wrap the same grip but with the other end of it. This way it will become more durable. This is definitely the best grip I've tried, and will continue using it and will see.
From: Denys, 8/12

Comments: Best grip ever!
From: Brooks, 8/12

Comments: I am a bit disappointed with this grip for a few reasons. First of all, the beginning was not cut on a diagonal. Secondly, there is no sticky part at the beginning. Third, the XL size is not long enough for my size 4 handle. Fourth, the grip feels dry and not tacky. This is why I prefer my old Yonex SuperGrap.
From: Richard, 7/12

Comments: This grip is super durable and absorbs A TON! My hands aren't slippery with this grip at all, and I would totally reccomend it to people that sweat a lot and want an absorbent overgrip that lasts a long time.
From: Cheryl, 6/12

Comments: This is a very nice overgrip. It it very absorbent. The more you sweat, the more they stick to your hand. I never slipped while I was playing with those. However, if you are not sweating a lot, the feel of the grip is very dry, and some people might not like it. Durability is not very good, you have to switch it every 3-4 hours of play (one time I changed it after 2 hours). When it's used, you really feel a drop in absorbency. Use it over a leather grip, it's the must for feeling.
From: Elbaz, 6/12

Comments: This is a great grip. If you sweat a lot it this grip will really help.
From: Jake, 11/11

Comments: This is a terrible grip. I used it three times and it is falling apart everywhere. I would not recommend it if you hate switching grips often. Also I didn't feel a huge difference in helping with sweat. I can see why people would say it helps them with sweat but it is not such big of a difference that it overshadows the terrible features of this grip. Going back to the Yonex Super Grap.

Comments: I can't play without this overgrip. I sweat a lot and it doesn't let me ever lose my grip. In fact it feels even better when I'm sweating. I love the feel not tacky or too much cushion just a great feel! I highly recommend this over grip. It just feels right.
From: Carlos. 6/11

Comments: The best over-grip I have tried. My hands sweat profusely and most grips I tried slipped easily and left me frustrated. Then I tried this and it was great. The first time using I did get blisters but after that have never gotten since. The racquet never slips in my hand even when it is drenched in sweat, if anything it grips more firm. As other reviewers have said, it does not last long. I replace my grip once per month on my main racquet. Otherwise, great over-grip and have recommended it to friends and would to anyone I meet with problems with slipping grips.
From: Scott, NM, US, 09/10

Comments: In hot balmy climates this works beter than the more high tech ones (Gamma, Babolat, Prince). Used it for about 2 matches and replace it. Not pretty!
From: Jeff, Cayman Islands, 08/10

Comments: I live in the desert and am a big sweater anyway and these overgrips are amazing. I have been using Babolat VS originals for the past couple years, but every time summer comes around I find after about an hour the racket wanting to fly out of my hand. I put the Tournagrip on and the problem is solved. I miss the tack and softness of the VS, but like that I have completely forgotten about racket launching. I do have change it a bit more often, but that is a small distraction compared to being able to hold onto the racket.
From: Kurt, Ridgecrest, CA, USA, 06/10

Comments: I use this grip on my 2nd backup racquet (primary is a Babolat Aeropro drive gt, back up is Aeropro Drive Cortex, 2nd backup is Aerostorm). I like the blue grip on that racquet, and I originally used a babolat grip for it, but it lost it's grip really quick. I heard a lot of good things about Tourna Grip, so I decided to try it. I love it. But the standard length was too short so I switched to the XL and it's perfect. It really doesn't slip very much. After about 19 games or so I have to switch it out.
From: Chris, Redlands, CA, USA. 06/10

Comments: Not only is this my favorite grip to use, it's the only grip I can use. All others give me blisters with their increased tackiness. In an ideal world these grips would last longer and be longer (in length), but I'm just glad that there is one grip that doesn't give me blisters, so I am able to play tennis. Dunno what I would ever do if this company went out of business or changed their formula, but they seem to be pretty reliable. Even the xl version is considerably shorter than many other overgrips, but there's still just enough room for both my hands with my 2-handed backhand.
From: Alex, Portland, Maine, U.S.A. 01/10

Comments: I will never buy this overgrips again. I only used it for 2 hours and I got blister right away (base of my index finger). It feels rough, like fine sandpaper.
From: charles, vancouver, bc, canada. 7/09

Comments: In my opinion this is the best grip out there. It's tacky but not TOO tacky. It absorbs sweat well too and still works in rainy conditions. (Yes I have played in the rain before.) The only downfall to this grip is that it's not that durable. I go through about one to two a week, but it's not an expensive grip so the durability isn't that big of a factor.
From: Justin, Conover, NC, USA. 05/09

Comments: Best overgrip hands down. This works great in hot weather and is amazingly absorbent. I have tried many other overgrips but have found none that equal this one. It is not the most durable grip, as I go through about 2 per week, but it is definitely worth the buy.
From: Dante, St. Paul, MN, USA. 04/09

Comments: This is the best overgrip for hot weather, but if you play in a colder place I recommend Yonex Super Grap. Tourna Grips are extremely comfortable.
From: pepe, Acapulco, mexico. 2/09

Comments: This is a very nice grip, but it doesn't last very long. I change my grip about every two weeks. If you have a lot of money, this is a fantastic grip for you.
From: Dave, Clovis, CA, USA. 12/08

Comments: This is the best grip in the world. The Tourna Grip II is ok, but it's just like the other expensive overgrips. If you like extra tack, go for Tourna Grip II although it can give you blisters. I tried the three best grips in the world, and this was the best. The three best are Tourna Grip Original, Tourna Grip II (tacky version), and Yonex Supergrap. Yonex Supergrap is an excellent grip, although it is a little bit too tacky for me. The more you sweat with Yonex Supergrap, the tackier it gets. Tourna Original stays nice and comfortable until it wears out. It doesn't wear out soooo quickly, but after every 7-10 hours you play you should change it. I change it about every 5 hours because I have a lot of them and it's fun putting on a new grip!
From: Maurice, Key Biscayne, Florida, US. 9/08

Comments: This grip is the best in the world, best I have ever tried. I tried the Wilson tacky, but it was very bad. In two days it was very slippery.You should try this grip; it is awesome. It absorbs your hand's sweat. And I like the color. A lot of pros use the Tourna Grip original. I recommend the Tourna Grip for everyone.
From: Ivan, bradenton, fl, usa. 8/08

Comments: Great grip but doesn't last very long at all. Remember Sampras used to change his grip every few games!
From: Amar, UK. 6/08

Comments: The best (and only) overgrip I have ever used. Before I tried this I was not able to hold my racket at all when I started sweating. It would slip when I swung, but with tourna grip you don't have to worry about it. My only gripe with this is that it only lasts me two playing sessions since I sweat so much. For $10 though you can get a pack of 10, so that's 20 playing sessions for me - well worth the money. For anyone complaining about it being too short, get the XL version.
From: Kenny, South Burlington, VT, USA, 06/08

Comments: I love this grip; it's one of the only grips I use. I like the dry feel and I don't agree with whoever says it's not durable. If you wrap it nicely and evenly it will last a long time.
From: Amanda, Elizabethtown, KY. 3/08

Comments: Great stuff! It fit the long handle on my nCode and stays on great. It used to give me awful calluses/blisters, but some moisturizer every few days helps a lot. If the blisters are way too bad for you, I suggest Gamma gauze wrap. It's comfortable and tacky.

Comments: I play high school varsity tennis and this grip is by far the best each and every match. Even though it has a bit of a durability problem the grip itself is unsurpassed. The grip is so cheap that you can buy a roll and replace it every 2 weeks or so. I've tried another Wilson overgrip which didn't absorb or have the nearly the same tacky feel as tourna grip. Hands down the best overgrip on the market.
From: Mike, NJ, U.S.A. 04/06

Comments: I have gotten so many people using this grip, I don't even remember anymore. I love this grip, although I don't sweat myself, many chronic sweaters have thanked me for suggesting them this grip. Almost all my friends that borrow my racquet say, "This grip feels nice" I really like this grip, it does fray but it lasts long enough for me. Even when the colour becomes really dark and it's starting to fray it's quite usable although I've never been that stingy. I love tourna. Oh I have one complaint... even the XL is so short... seriously just give us an extra 3 inchs... all other grips have plenty to spare except tourna!
From: Anonymous 10/1
USA

Comments: I don't know how people can play with this grip (including Pete Sampras). I don't like this grip at all. I am a 4.5 player and swing pretty hard. The racquet seems to turn when I hit the ball and the grip doesn't last, only one to two sets and the grip turn into newspaper. I like Wilson Pro grip or Yonex Super Grap. Recently I ordered Luxilon grip, all seems very good compared to this grip. Pete Sampras retired and I think this grip should be retired also.
From: KC, Oakland, CA, USA. 9/05

Comments: Tourna-Grip is the only grip that works when it gets wet with sweat. Everything else, Yonex Super Grap, Wilson Pro Grip, etc, slip in your hand when they get wet. With Tourna-Grip, you can still hold onto the racket when its hot, humid and WET. No, it doesn't last forever, but grips that do last a long time slip when they get really wet. If you don't have any money, buy something else, but don't expect the same performance as Tourna-Grip.
From:Brad City, State, Country: Atlanta, GA, USA

Comments: My only complaint about this product is that it did not wrap around the entire handle. I have a prince Michael Chang Graphite Longbody which is 28" long with a longer handle and this overgrip stopped short 3/4" from the top of the handle. When I use a Prince Duratac overgrip it exceeds the length of my handle by an extra inch and a half - that's with overlaps! With this product I had to do away with overlapping and it was still short! Other than that it's ok.
From: Charles, Seattle, WA, USA. 7/05

Comments: This is by far the best overgrip I have used. For all of you doubters, just ask Andy Roddick what he thinks
From: Deron, Jamiaca, Queens, NYC, USA. 03/05

Comments:I love this grip! It is so durable and amazingly absorbent. Another thing I love about this grip is it doesn't have the little sticky rectangle on the bottom so it doesn't mess up the bottom of your grip.
From: Max Walther, Aptos, CA, USA. 02/05

Comments: I love this grip! I had problems where my racquet would turn in my hand, so I had no control. I went out and bought Tourna Grip. The next day I had no problem with the racquet turning in my hand, and it provided a better feel. I would definitely recommend this grip.
From: Seth, WV, USA. 9/04

Comments: This may not be the fanciest or most attractive grip on the market, nor is it the most tacky, or durable, but in my opinion it is the best. I have chronic hand sweat problems and have found that this is the only grip that enables me to always grip my racquet. If you like a cushy plush grip, this is not the grip for you. If your hands sweat to the point where your racquet flies out of your hand, this grip is heavenly.
From: David, USA. 8/04

Comments: I would not recommend this grip. It does not last very long and feels too rough. I would prefer either Yonex Super Grap, Gamma Supreme, or Wilson Pro Grip. They all last a lot longer and feel nicer.
From: Alex, Gladstone, Michigan, USA. 7/04

Comments: I don't see what the big fuss is about over Tourna grip. The grip is the most durable grip but I feel that the grip is still good. I have used the Yonex grip and the Wilson grip and I can assure you that the grips are better but only for a period of time. I don't know about others but I like to keep my grips on for at least a good 2-3 weeks. I feel that Tourna grips is the only grip that allows your hand to feel the same comfort through out its use. Also, in my opinion the grip actually feels better when used.
From: Gupta, Naperville, Il, USA

Comments: Tourna Grip is a very good grip, very comfortable, and is very absorbent, but it lasts less than a week. That's the major problem of Tourna Grip
From: Jose, Portugal. 5/04

Comments: Personally, I do not know why people find Tourna Grip so good. I am a varsity tennis player, and every time I use this grip, I find that I have to change it every 3 days or so. Do not buy this grip, buy Yonex Super Grap, it lasts longer, is tackier, and better overall.
From: Fred. 5/04

Comments: This is a very good grip, which absorbs sweat very well. I highly recommended it. However, the durability of the grip isn't superb.
From: John, Vancuver, British Columbia, Canada. 5/04

Comments: Tournagrip is grip is by far the best, but it has no durability. It comes off in about a week or so. If you buy this grip, get the pack with at least 20 grips or more.
From: Blake, Tuscaloosa, AL, USA. 3/04

Comments: I don't find the grip that fantastic. After using it for three times (each session I played was for three hours) the grip was totally soaked and changed to a darker blue thanks to all my sweat. But, the grip is really good to hold, and it has a nice feel to it.
From: David, Australia. 2/04

Comments: This is a great grip. I strongly recommend this grip to anyone whose hand is always slipping off the racquet. Put this overgrip on your racquet and you won't have any more problems.
From: Martin, Birmingham, AL, USA. 2/04

Comments: I just love this grip. It is comfortable and stays dry no matter what. The durability is somewhat of an issue, though. At one point I gave this grip up because of the durability. I tried many different overgrips and replacement grips. I had to come back to this one. It is the best on the market, even in cold weather.
From: Matt, NC, USA. 1/04

Comments: This grip feels pretty good. One day at practice I needed a new grip, and my coach put this one on for me. I fell in love with it. However, just after an hour of hitting, the grip started shredding badly. I may have gotten a defective one, but I hate its durability. I would not buy this grip.
From: Larry, Los Angeles, CA, USA. 1/04

Comments: I tried a lot of different overgrips and Tourna is the best, especially in hot weather!
From: Max, Hadera, ISRAEL. 1/04

Comments: Like they say, a classic never goes out of style. This grip will stand up to or surpass any of the fancier and more expensive overgrips out there. If the pros have been using it for years, there's got to be something good about it. In my experience, there are overgrips that will last longer but you'll sacrifice performance. If TournaGrip can improve it's durability, it'll put the rest of them out of business.
From: Gil, Burbank, CA, USA. 12/03

Comments: I have been using Tourna Grip my whole life and I have tried all the others. They don�t stand a chance against Tourna Grip. It works really well if you sweat a lot. Also, it is really cheap, but they last about a week.
From: Jimmy, Port Saint Lucie, FL, USA. 12/03