Wilson Steam 96 Racquet Customer feedback

Comments: I love the Wilson Tour line of racquets -- H, N, K and BLX are all great, and play similarly (even the H, though the balance is different) -- so I was expecting the Steam 96 to be an awesome update to it. I know it's not officially a Tour, but the specs are the same, and Petra (as well as Kei) played with it. However, upon first playing with it, it took me about 2 minutes to think "oh no, I am going to have to sell this. I cannot play with it." I did get more used to it the second time playing with it, but when the string broke, I went back to my N Tour and it was happy. I am honestly not sure what it is about the Steam 96, others on here say it's the stiffness, and that sounds about right -- but it's a real bummer that it doesn't play like the Tours. It's an absolutely beautiful racquet, though!
From: Nick, 3/15

Comments: I don't understand why this racquet was given low scores by Tennis Warehouse. I actually like this stick very much. I hit better forehands and serves with this racquet than with any of the Blades. I guess I have to say that all reviews are to be taken with a grain of salt. To each his own. I string it with Dunlop Black Widow 17G (mains) at 47-52 lbs and Wilson Synthetic Gut 17G (cross) at 51-56lbs. I am a 4.5 player.
From: Jonathan, 2/15

Comments: I tried this racquet yesterday. My current stick is the white/orange BLX Tour. There is a big difference between the two racquets. The Steam 96 swings more heavily. It is also stiffer than the Tour BLX. If you want a stiffer, more powerful version of the BLX Tour, then buy the Steam 96. I did not notice any difference in the spin production though.
From: Abed, 7/14

Comments: There is nothing really special about this racquet. Everything, from groundies to serves, it is just so-so. Maybe one really needs ti be Petra-ish in order to play well with this stick.
From: Oliver, 7/14

Comments: I agree with Chaz. I am 4.5 player and tried this racquet for a few times but it was not up to the Davenport/Henin model standards. Don't know why Wilson decided to drop the most popular racquet in the women's pro game from a few years ago. I hope Wilson should come back to the Davenport/Henin model standards.
From: Dursun, 1/14

Comments: I'm a 4.5 player and tried this racquet for 2 months at 2-3 times per week. I am putting both racquets I just bought up for sale because of the small sweet spot and poor feel.
From: Dennis, 12/13

Comments: I demod this thinking it would be an update to the BLX Tour, but it was not up to the Davenport/Henin model standards. Don't know why Wilson decided to drop the most popular racquet in the women's pro game from a few years ago.
From: Chaz, 10/13

Comments: This racquet is sick! I've never played with a stick that made me feel like I had to write a review, but this one deserved it. I've played with the old KFactor 6.1 and the Prince EXO Graphite 93 and I wanted something slightly lighter and a little more forgiving and this is the one. Plenty of plow through from the baseline, serves big, and volleys like a mid size. I'm a club pro in his early 30's, and this will be my racquet of choice for the time being. Nice job Wilson!
From: Brandon, 5/13

Comments: This is not a good racquet for players with arm problems. Players of the tour series may find this racquet to be very stiff. I think Wilson should have made this more flexible.
From: Shane, 5/13

Comments: Wilson should have made this racquet more flexible. It feels similar to the BLX Tour. But this is too stiff and it hurt my arm after only one hour of play. Wilson shouldn't have messed around with the specs of a very good racquet. I'm still gonna be using the BLX Tour. I'm a 4.5 player who hits flat off both wings much like Lindsay Davenport, only shorter.
From: Jamie, 3/13