Comments: I found the Stamina 17 to be very durable and quite good at holding tension although I thought it lost 'feel' very quickly. Each set I've had has, after one day's play, gone from 'crisp' to 'dull'. Basically, I'd call it an average, functional string with good durability and at a good price. Might be a reasonable choice for a string-breaker or a power player looking for a less expensive option, but for players who utilize a lot of touch and finesse it isn't the best choice.
From: Andrew, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 04/06

Comments: I just started using Stamina and so far I love the string. My Wilson H 6 is strung at 53 lbs and the response is remarkable. I get plenty for spin and a terrific feel on power shots.
From: Jim, Oak Ridge North, Texas USA 11/05

Comments: I've used Prince Synthetic Gut (original) for most of my life, but decided to try out Stamina. Honestly, I can't tell the difference between the two strings. They both have more of a crisp, as opposed to dampened feel. By the way, if you want a dampened and springy feeling synthetic string, try Babolat superfine play. Both the Prince and Wilson strings have relatively low power, but have good control and good access spin. I've only been playing with Stamina for a couple of weeks, so I can't comment on its durability yet. Overall, on a scale of 1 to 10, I'd rate Stamina about a 7, and the same rating for Prince Synthetic Gut. Superfine Play I'd rate a 5 or 6; as I said, dampened feel, but not great on control or spin.
From: Jimmy, Calif. 08/05

Comments: This string has NO STAMINA. I play on the high school team and these strings lasted me less than 8 hours. I play about two hours a day and I expected these strings to last about two weeks. Turns out it lasted 4 days. A nice performance string though, with pop and feel a tad better than other regular synthetic gut. Strung @ 60 lbs. on a Pro Staff 6.0 mid.
From: Derek, San Francisco, CA, USA. 04/05

Comments: Don't listen to Martin from Washington, D.C., he must have gotten a dud set of strings. I've been using these strings for a while and I'm a very solid 5.0 player and these strings last me much longer than just 1 hour.
From: Matt, San Antonio, TX, USA. 01/05

Comments: I'm a 5.0 player and I tried this string in Yonex RDX 500 Midplus (59/55lb tension). The playability is on scale 0-10 I would say 5, just ordinary strings. You get what you pay for. Durability is a different story. On scale 0-10 I'd rate this string -2. It lasted me exactly 1 hour while I played with my girlfriend. (Kirschbaum lasts around 6 hours in the same racquet). If you have enough money to restring your racquet after every game go ahead and try it, otherwise stay away.
From: Martin, Washington, DC, USA. 08/04

Comments: I'm a solid 5.0 player at age 28 hitting with the Pro Staff Original (85"), 1 oz lead weighting, frame strung at 70. I'm disappointed that Wilson discontinued the Performance Plus line of string since that was my mainstay. While the 17 gauge Stamina doesn't play with as much response/resiliency and touch as the 17 gauge Performance Plus nor the softness of the multifilament/coreless type string, it does provide significant ball bite and durability. Whereas Performance Plus lasted about 45 minutes to 1.5 hours on any given day, the Stamina 17 is lasting at least double that. I appreciate that since at about the 45 minute mark in a match (where I am "one" with the racket response) the older, softer Performance Plus popped. It's not that the Stamina handles deeper string notching along the mains, it's that the material is strictly harder. On occasion, I'd also snap the Performance Plus strings (4 or more at a time) on a solid overhead. I have yet to snap these on my more powerful encounters. I also wouldn't equate this string performance to a mushy, tasteless nylon. It's simply snappier in response than any simple monofilament nylon 66. I plan to stick with it.
From: Peter, Cleburne, TX, USA. 3/04