Kirschbaum Super Smash Spiky 17L (1.20) String Customer feedback

Comments: For the guys that are having arm issues, it's all technique, because take into consideration that this is a first generation poly. No need to string above 55lbs. Most pros don't even string that high with polys. Therefore I don't understand why you would string this over 60lbs, or with any other polys of that sort. I've been playing with this string for a long time and it absolutely plays great at 48/45 lbs. Understand that polys need to slide to produce spin and power for such stuff strings, and if your not a 4.5 and above, don't use polys. It serves you no purpose whatsoever except for the hype of getting more spin. For the attributes of this string, it plays well for the price. String movement of the normal 10-15 hours of its lifespan is great, and it snaps back into place fairly well. Touch is somewhat great for a first generation poly. Spin in the other hand is as good as any other poly on the market except for textured or shaped polys. The bite is great, pretty comparable to that of Lux Big Banger without the excessive pop. Overall, a great string for your 4.5 and up player.
From: Joseph, 1/13

Comments:I have played with this string for a whole week and I seem to be improving my shots all around the court. I hate playing doubles since I am a singles player, but lately with this string, I have been playing like a pro. They give me more control with a lot of spin. I usually put my own power so I recommend this to anyone with his or her own power. I string it at 62 and my racquet is a K-Factor 16x18. It keeps the tension very good.
From: Carlos, Palmdale, CA USA. 12/08

Comments: I have tried these strings for about 10 hours already. I use heavy topspin in my game, as well as heavy slice. I am disappointed by the spin potential and the power of these strings, I double fault a lot because I don't get the top spin I was able to generate with Big Banger alu rough. Kirschbaum Super Smash Spiky does not deliver the promise of increased spin potential and bite, and when it comes to heavy topspin, I know what I am talking about. I strung my racquet at 55lbs.
From: Pierre, San Diego, CA, USA, 01/07

Comments: I bought a reel of this and its great it feels better though when strung loose (plus the spiky part is more noticeable) also quite easy to string with as far as polys go if your getting it off of a reel but the packages are normal for polys.
From: Cameron, Seminole, FL, USA. 11/06

Comments: I tried this string in my Volkl and after playing with it for about an hour my arm started hurting. I have never had arm problems before so I changed strings immediately and my arm does not hurt anymore. These strings offer NO FEEL and are very stiff. It is like hitting with a board. I don't recommend these strings at all.
From: Tracy, Little Rock, AR, USA. 9/06

Comments: Great string for players looking for a little extra spin in their game. I use this string on my Head Flexpoint Instinct and it is great. I use the combination of the string and the racquet to produce heavy topspin to get myself into net and execute the volleys. Also, the Spiky is good for kick and slice serves. Overall this is a great string.
From: Eric, Mechanicsville, VA 04/06

Comments: Have played with this string and recently switched to Smash Honey to test difference. What I like about Spiky is the spin you can get on the ball without too much effort and the durability it gives. Plus, the strings don't move! And that amazed me at first, but it has to do with the little filaments that grab each other on the string bed. They never notch! Harder to string than some other brands but worth it. If you look to get a spin brand that is durable, doesn't notch, at a good price, Spiky is for you.
From: Matt, Marietta/GA/USA 07/05

Comments: This string lasts very long and it loses quite a bit of tension. It's very annoying when your shots keep sailing long and the strings aren't breaking. Also, the textured surface gets smoothened by topspin in just a few hours. It played quite well when fresh though.
From: Derek, San Francisco, California, USA. 04/05

Comments: This string is fabulous, but is too stiff to for my taste. It has no feel.
From: Basit, Albertslund, Copenhagen, Denmark. 11/03

Comments: This string plays well when strung tight on the Babolat Pure Control. I'm getting good spin and decent feel, and the string is lasting better than synthetic gut. I also tried the thicker gauge, which performed solidly, but the thinner gauge is much easier to string (though neither is easy). I'd recommend it for this racquet.
From: Jeff, Atlanta, GA, USA. 4/03

Comments: A guy who plays the satellites recommended I try this string during a recent business/pleasure trip to Europe. I was a little skeptical at first of polyester, but after stringing it up (which I must add was not the easiest task), I was almost shocked with the feel and playability of the 17 gauge. It felt and played as well or better than a lot of the synthetics out there. Durability wise, a set of 1.20 Spiky, will usually last me around ten hours before they break or begin to lose tension (versus 1-2 hours for 15L Wilson NXT). I would definitely recommend Kirschbaum strings to frequent string breakers who don't want to resort to a Kevlar Hybrid.
From: Buster, Inglewood, CA, USA 8/01

Comments:I highly recommend Kirschbaum Super Smash Spiky String for extreme topspin players or string breakers. I'm a 5.0 level baseliner from Germany and I've been playing Kirschbaum Strings for 6 years. They are really popular in Europe. But the 1.30 is just too strong. I prefer the 1.20 (17) gauge. It is kind of thin but it lasts at least 1.5 hours longer. Kirschbaum is the best string manufacturer I know and I've tested nearly everything.
From: Jens Jose, Bischoffen, Germany 1/00