Signum Pro Tornado 18 (1.17) String Reel Customer feedback

Comments: I am a high state ranked 3.5 tournament level player with an all court style of tennis. I have been stringing racquets for several years and have tried many strings and string combinations. The qualities I desire in string include: arm friendly, spin friendly, not too powerful, lasts at least 12-16 hours of play between stringing, maintains tension reasonably well, and does not slide or move around too much (I despise fussing with my strings between points). I have yet to find a full bed of anything that meets all those qualities and thus have experimented with many hybrid combinations over the years. The advantage of hybrid combinations is you can combine qualities of string to achieve the overall desired result in your racquet. The challenge with hybrid stringing is finding string combinations that relax and lose tension in a similar fashion and strings that do not cut into each resulting in early string breakage. The combination that best suit my needs is a soft co-poly on the mains and gut on the crosses. I have tried many combinations and used MSV Co-Focus (mains) with Klip Pro Armour Gut in the crosses for a few years. Last year I started using Signum Pro Tornado 18 gauge in place of the 17 gauge Hex Co-Focus. The Pro Tornado is absolutely board like when used by itself or in combination with other hard strings, however, when combined with Gut the qualities of both strings seem to meld very well. Compared to Hex Co-Focus the Pro-Tornado holds tension better and spin is excellent. 18 gauge Tornado will outlast 17 gauge Co- Focus and spin is better. I think the gauge of string impacts spin more than surface type. The Tornado is not as arm friendly as Co-Focus but when combined with gut has been arm friendly for me. The 18 gauge Tornado will also outlast the gut and I am consistently getting 16 hours of usage between stringing before the gut frays and then breaks. The contoured surface of the Tornado seems to "grip" the gut very well and does move at all when string tension is tight and starts moving a reasonably small amount as the tension declines. All in all, I think Signum Pro Tornado by itself is similar to other hard stiff strings and used as a full bed should be limited to only the biggest hitters with healthy elbows who are plagued with string breakage. However, when used in combination with gut it seems to make a nice hybrid that is reasonably consistent, durable, spin friendly, and arm friendly.
From: Kent, 12/16

Comments: Best strings I have ever played with! They give the most spin due to its rough texture. Only comparable to Solinco Tour Bite. Downside of the textured string is it's decreased durability. Breaks faster than most poly strings. Would recommend a thicker gauge size for those who want more longevity in their string life.
From: Revanth, 7/16

Comments: I really had high hopes for this string. I know people who sing its praises all day long. I strung it up at 55 lbs, mainly due to the elastic nature of this string. It is one of the stretchiest polys I've strung in a long time. However, as elastic as the string was on the stringer, the string plays unbelievable boardy. I haven't played with such an uncomfortable string ever! Power is anemic. Spin was only decent. Touch/drop volleys were good though but that may be because of the extremely low power of this string. Lower tensions may work better with this string.

Comments: This was my string of choice for about a year. Great spin in a hybrid with NXT. Nice control and awesome pop. The tension seemed to drop from 57 to 47 lbs in a month, so explaining the extra pop. May want to try a full bed as it was arm friendly. I'm a 3.5 NTRP league player. I like to play big kick serves and topspin forehand. Playing with a Prestige MP.
From: Gabe, 2/15

Comments: This string is absolutely amazing! Best control string ever. I played with Evo Focus Hex and thought I like it until I tried the Signum. The control and spin with the Signum is fantastic. I recently tried Dunlop Black Widow hex string to see how it compares, and I had to cut it out of my racquet after 2 matches because it pales in comparison to the Signum. Try it and you'll love it!

Comments: I've played with the 1.29 for about half a year, then tried the 1.17. This by far was the best choice for me! Not only did I have better feel but more power and spin as well! I actually don't mind that it only takes me 4 to 6 hours to break this string (1.17) because it snaps before the pattern is worn out. To me this means it plays a lot better through the whole life of the string. I tend to break strings fast because I hit hard with heavy spin. Most of the time I string at 51 lbs. I play with the Babolat Pure Drive.