Signum Pro Poly-Speed Spin 16 1.28 660 Reel Customer feedback

Comments: This is good string. It is very stiff and therefore a bear to string. To help keep from grooving the mains, I weaved it through one row ahead and pulled it tight without having it in the last grommet hole. Then after tightening the string a row back, I put the string through the hole and pulled it all the way through. That prevented the grooving and made it a little easier to string. I put it in one of my son's high school teammates and he loves it. He is a serious string breaker and it is lasting about three times as long as anything else he has used. Great spin production and power. Price point is nice as well.
From: Chip, 3/13

Comments: When I first put this in my racquet and hit with it, I almost cut it out after the first hour. It seemed harsh and unforgiving and did not pocket the ball well or help with spin production. I did have it in a hybrid set up with a soft multi and I felt like I could not even get the ball past the service line without swinging harder than I wanted to. I strung it at 56 lbs in my Wilson NCode Pro Open MP. After hitting the hour and putting the racquet down, the strings settled in. They have proven to be above average strings. I guess the tension has dropped enough now. I still don't like the 16 gauge, but they are now doing what I wanted them to do when I bought them.
From: CF, 8/12

Comments: String popped after ten hits, literally. Nightmare to string, super stiff, however, if you are willing to put in work, or have someone else string your racquet, it might be great string for spin. Hint if you are stringing, use wax or something to ease the friction, I didn't, which likely caused the sting to break after 10 strokes. BE CAREFUL.
From: Stan, Chicago, Illinois, USA. 7/10

Comments: Dunno if it's "triangle shape" but it's definitely grooved or ridged. Anyway, it plays great. Lots of spin, really able to put some bite on the serves and if you don't string it up too tight it actually has a lot of feel. I recommend getting a real and playing with the tensions. I play once or twice a week with it, seems to hold tension fairly well, definitely better than any of the multifilaments. I use it for the mains with some garbage Prince string for the crosses. When the crosses start to look really ragged I know it's time to change everything but I have yet to break it. I'm sold.
From: Bill, Charlotte, NC, USA. 4/10

Comments: The spin is quite good but I'm not sure that it is really better than a good 17gauge string. The non- smooth surface bites into the cross strings pretty hard and causes fairly quick string breakage. I only got 5-6 sets of doubles out of it. Good string, but it doesn't seem to last.
From: Jack, Lynchburg, VA USA 01/10
NTRP 3.5

Comments: This is my new string. Over the last three months, I have tried various polys such as Big Banger, Klip Hardcore, Babolat Pro Hurricane....to name a few, even textured kevlar. While these strings all provided more spin and durability than synthetic gut, not one of the dozen or so that I tried could even hold a candle to this string. Sometimes I feel like a magician with the spin I am able to generate. I use a racquet with a tight string pattern (for control) but swing a heavy topspin stroke, so i needed something to help compensate for the lack of spin generated by the tight pattern. This string did it. It practically shaves the hair right off the ball. It is no where near as rigid as Big Banger or Pro Hurricane, and has a feel closer to synthetic, if you string it lower. For years I have strung at 68lbs (3 over max) with synthetic, and after playing with many polys and finally this one i string 56lbs mains and 56lbs cross with synthetic. i have a ton of power and the spin to control it. The is a cross section view of this string on stringforum.net (under string database) which clearly shows the gear shape of the string.
From: Jeff, state college, pa, usa. 4/08

Comments: I found the string to be the same color and looks the same as poly plasma, but after playing with it I liked it. It plays a lot like big banger. The performance drops after about 10 sets but the string still looks new. Overall, I will continue to use it.
From: Ryan, Brisbane, Australia. 10/06

Comments: This string is awesome! I use it with my Prince Diablo XP strung at 60lbs. Great spin, which suits well with my extreme western grip. Also, the string might be stiff at first, but you get used to it. I haven't broken this string yet, but the tension gets loosened easily. I get mine restrung every month, playing everyday of course. Overall great spin string.
From: Eric, Mechanicsville, VA. USA. 9/06

Comments: I agree to disagree with saying the description of this string is wrong. It is a textured string, and may not be completely round, but it isn't the triangle or even box shape that it claims in the description. The string is great though. I strung it up at 53lbs in my Babolat Pure Storm and I got great pop from it. Good control and plenty of power. My shots dropped in a lot too from the extra spin I received. It also helped out my second serve a lot. It is worth a try for such a cheap price for a poly.
From: Grant, KC, MO, USA 05/06