Comments: I used this string at 52lbs in my BLX Tour 90 racquet and it lasted only for 10 hours to 15 hours of play. I like the feel, ball sound, power level and spin -- but durability is poor. Both times the mains broke around 12 o'clock while returning serve. After trying it twice, I am ready to switch over to a hybrid set on my racquet. It lasts longer on my Head Prestige Mid due to the denser 18x20 string pattern. I also have it on my BLX Six One 95 with 16x18 pattern. I will review it after I use it until it breaks. My expectations are low at this stage. I think 16 gauge will be more durable but you lose much of the feel. I am a 4.0 senior player with mostly flat strokes with some spin on serves.
From: Dushyant, 11/13

Comments: A demo on a Wilson 6.1 BLX that I was playing with happened to be strung with a full set of sensation 17g and after about 10 minutes of serving they snapped at 11:30 on the frame from an off center hit. I'm going to be honest and advise against heavy hitters from using this string. It's simply too prone to breaking than say poly strings. It does have a decent feel but not much durability to say the least.

Comments: I've been trying out multifilaments as crosses for a year now and this is the winner. Two reasons: the sheath lasts (every other type has disintegrated too quickly, IMO), it's slightly more crisp than the others. It still plays like a multifilament but not too soft. Oh yeah, the price is nice. I use Prince O3 and EXO3 White racquets strung at 60 lbs for touch in a hybrid with Tourna Poly Blue Rough 17g. I'm a 3.5 player who's just developing powerful spinning ground strokes. I cover the court and play both singles and doubles.
From: Martin. 6/11

Comments: I've only used this string for a day, so I can't comment on durability. Let me just say though that I love this in a hybrid. I used these as my cross strings and used Luxilon ALU Power for my mains. Best combo I've ever used. I strung it up to 60lbs on my HEAD Speed 16x19. AWESOME. My kick serve was nonreturnable today. I will comment later to say how what I think of this string in the long run.
From: Peter, Aurora. 5/11

Comments: Strung this with my K6-1 at 56lbs, which is one lb above mid. Good touch and easy on the arm due to the elasticity, but too bouncy for me, and the ball tends to go long, also hard to control. Not sure if I should try again at 57/58 lbs. Durability is average, at 56lbs, the string starts to move around a lot after 4 hours, and the ball flies everywhere and it was unplayable. Not sure it will last longer or shorter at a higher tension.
From: Szutao, San Jose, CA. 4/10

Comments: This is really a great string. If you know what to use it with. 1st tried it out with Babo Pro H 52lbs main and this on the crosses at 57. Felt really good for two hours, but as soon as the outer wrap frays it will snap( There was no wear on the mains at all). So I tried it with Wilson Enduro Tour ( a bit stiffer than BPH) And it lasted for a good 11 hours. Just remember that this is a really soft string, so string it with its self or a soft poly will just cause it to rub and move around alot. If you string it with a stiffer main they this string really is nice
From: Zach, New Mexico 03/10

Comments: This string is ok. Although it is one of the best "value" strings you can buy, it is only that. A value string. If you truly want some great strings order babolat natural gut or xcel premium in the crosses and wilson nxt in the mains
From: Edward (4.0) 11/09

Comments: I play this string in my n 6.1 strung at 58 lbs. It offers excellent feel and control. It also generates good pace at the right tension. This is an excellent string for players who like a lot of feel. I am planning to combine with a soft poly as well. The price is great for what you get. The only downside might be durability. I play at 4.0 level and would suggest a test drive for anyone who wants a decent string at a great price.

Comments: I really don't think this should be called "Sensation." I had my O3 White strung with this at 64, and I hated it. It's no good; I get no pop or liveliness. I know I strung it really tight, but I was told it was going to lose tension. I really wanted something great. This was not it. Leave this string in the warehouse.
From: Alex, The Woodlands, TX, USA. 12/07

Comments: This is a GREAT string, but using a hybrid with BB rough made me break these strings in 45 mins. Not durable and it's not exactly cheap. I would pay a few bucks more for NXT Tours because they have at least 5 times more durable than these. It is a great spin in terms of power and feel. Just not durable and I mean NOT Durable at all if your a 4.5+ hitter.
From: Terrence, NJ, USA, 06/07

Comments: In my Wilson nCode 6.1 95, it's not as soft or comfortable a feel as Dunlop's mFil Tour 17/Comfort Max 17 or Prince's Sweet Perfection 17. It feels rougher to the touch and therefore has more spin potential, especially for backhand slice shots. I play relatively flat so it should hold up in normal play. Also, I find it's a powerful string, so do string at a higher tension if you want more control (i.e. 58 lbs). Will definitely buy these again!
From: Thomas, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. 5/07

Comments: I had my racquet strung with this and I think it plays well but it breaks fast, I broke mine after 30 minutes of play at 58 pounds and then I broke some again after 2 hours of play I recommend the Gosen
From: Brent, Snohomish, WA, USA. 3/07

Comments: Not as soft as other multi-filaments such as Head Fibergel, Babolat Attraction but none-the-less a very responsive string with excellent bite. I've used it successfully in all sorts of different makes of rackets. Itís been around for a while now and can be bought cheaply but in my opinion one of Wilson's originals and still one of the best!
From: Pete, London, UK. 1/07

Comments: I've used this string for the past year. As I've improved and hit with more and more spin, the string began breaking faster and faster. I get around 10 hours of play with the string before it snaps. I recommend using this for the crosses and a more durable string, like polyester, for the mains. Overall, the string has a comfortable feel, but so-so durability. The Wilson Sensation should appeal to intermediate players. I am a 4.5 player on my high school varsity team and an all court player. Definitely give the string a try.
From: Tim, Fountain Valley, California, USA 04/06

Comments: Great string for the price. In my mind, Wilson Sensation 17 plays better than Gamma TNT2 17, and it's also cheaper. A very good bite on the ball is produced, and as a 5.0 hard-hitting player, having good topsin for groundstrokes and the second serve is crucial. The string lasts around 8-12 hours of playtime for me, but because it's not expensive, that is plenty. I like to play without too muted a feel, so I string my TT Warriors at 62 lbs. with this string. All in all, a great string that beats several of its higher-priced counterparts in terms of playability.
From: Nate, Boston, MA, USA. 07/04

Comments: I strung my Dunlop 400G with this at 58 pounds. It took a few sets to let the strings settle in, but now I love it. It gets great bite on the ball and allows me to generate a lot more topspin. It really works well with my 4.0 baseline game. If it is even modestly durable, this is my new string of choice.
From: Leonid, Seattle, WA, USA. 4/04

Comments: One of the good value strings. Price is right but the performance is just average. It's soft but too much so. Reasonable feel and power makes it a good choice for an all court game style. Durability is about average and tension loss is relatively quick compared to other multifilament strings. It you like comfort string and fresh stringing, this will be your good choice due to its relative low price among the multifilament strings. You can restring every 3-4 sets if it lasts.
From: Jeffrey, San Jose, CA, USA. 11/03

Comments: This string lasted an hour because I strung it at 75 lbs. I could not get a good feel for it because it broke so quickly. I recommend Tecnifibre E-Matrix if you want a multifilament string that is cheap and fairly durable.
From: Tuan, Houston, TX, USA. 11/03

Comments: This string offers crisp volleys but for a multi-filament, it is surprisingly not very forgiving. Baseline shots require extra effort and lacks that extra pop.
From: Norm, Vancouver, BC. Canada 12/02

Comments: VERY lively string. Good control and great POWER. Didn't last that long though. Have since tried thicker versions of the same string, and they have lasted longer while not giving up much of the liveliness.
From: Scott, New York, U.S. 04/99
Skill level: 4.0
Strung at 55 lbs.

Comments: Feels so good in volleys, serves, but the resistence isn't good for me, and I have shoulder problems using this string. I bought 2 sets in the middle of August, last broke one week ago.
From: Oscar from Mexico (11/98). Playing style: groundstrokes, volleys. Strung at 63 lbs.

125' Mini Reels
Wilson Reels
SAVE BIG with Wilson Sensation Mini Reels!