Solinco Barb Wire 16 String Customer feedback

Comments: I'm a 5.0 player and find this string to have zero pop, especially on the first serve. Great control string but feels spongy when strung at 55 lbs. Better strings are Genesis Typhoon or Luxilon if you want bite and pop. Currently using ProKennex Ki PSE (12.9 oz.) which plays great with a co-polymer string. Just get the right one.
From: Nick, 2/14

Comments: A string that grabs the ball superbly. It feels like you can set it up many ways, and hit almost any shot, really fun to experiment with. My favorite so far has been to hybrid it with a soft multi in the crosses with a hefty frame and push heavy spin on the rise.

Comments: Love this string! I like to try lots of strings and had been using hybrids (Gut/Synthetic Gut) to calm down a case of tennis elbow that would not go away. Tried this on a whim, since I had not hit any co-poly's in a while and never tried Solinco. Wow! My serve was wicked,tons of spin/bite and deep in box consistently. It is springy on groundstrokes as it pockets really well but if you keep your head down and drive through the shot - it is perfect and won't launch on you. It is very arm friendly as my elbow felt great after a 3 set match. I may never switch.
From: Tracy, 12/11

Comments: This is a great string. It gives lots of spin and power. I use a Yonex RDS 001 Mid strung at 58 lbs. It's a comfortable string, or at least to me it is. It plays like Luxilon ALU Big Banger Rough. I take long strokes and tend to have a lot of spin and pace. It is a very good product.
From: Kao, 8/11

Comments: This string is great for hitting lots of spin but hitting flat shots turned out to be bad. When I hit a flat drive there is a weird ping sound it makes. The string plays like a spring and it is very wired. It did not work to well for me but others may like it. Somewhat stiff the first time but loosens up to be spring-like.

Comments: I agree with the below poster that YES, this string LACKS POWER. However, that's a GREAT THING for me! I strung it up in my Prince EXO3 Tour Lite and really like how I can hit the ball hard with spin or flat and it just seems to stay in the court no matter what. No air balls for this string! So for some it might be dead but for me I like it. I haven't decided if I like the Tour Bite better or not. Still playing with it.
From: Shea, Homeland, CA, USA. 5/11

Comments: I knew is was going to be trouble right after I opened the package, it literally SPRUNG open when I cut the tie. It's REALLY wiry. I expected more spin due to the sharp edges but, this was not the case. This string has ZERO pop, feels really dead and I strung it 4 lbs lower than my usual tension to gain some power back, but that didn't help much. (Note to the string makers, you aren't going to get much more spin if you don't have power, and this string has none.) I have tried many many different strings, and I prefer a firmer feeling poly, but this just is the opposite, it's not soft and its not firm, it's just DEAD. It felt like there was a rubberband tied to my racquet pulling it backwards, when I hit. RPM Blast has more spin than this string because it can sling shot the ball off the string bed, and the proper swing path will give the spin, Barb Wire, cannot do that. For what it's worth, Tour Bite is WAY better. You could theoretically call this a control string, but if you string it in a control racquet, your balls will land short, so you will have to make really loopy shots to get depth, in which case I would just step in, take your ball on the rise, and crush it.
From: Jim, UCLA, California. 5/11

Comments: I love this string on the mains and on the crosses I put Prince syn gut with Duraflex on my IG Speed 18/20 strung at 63 lbs. I love the string. I get a lot of spin, and it lasts me about 2 weeks tops before it pops or before it loses too much tension.
From: Emanuel Rafai, Portland, Oregon, USA. 4/11