Comments: This racquet is a perfect match for my type of game. I have a medium long swing and this racquet seems perfect for that type of player. I am in my 50s, and the description on this site was on the money. I played two solid hours with The Yonex RDS 003 and had no elbow, shoulder or arm soreness afterward. Groundstrokes actually improved as did my serve. Love the racquet!
From: John, Sebastian, Fla, USA. 6/10
Gamma TNT2, 59lbs

Comments: After having my sister buy me an older YONEX model, RQS-11, I am finally switching back to RDS-003. It's more stable, powerful, and consistent. You won't be bullied by your opponents slice and dice, serves and spins, with this racquet you dictate the points and have them taste the dose of their one medicine; in triple folds. I'll have my sister buy me this racquet again here in Tennis Warehouse.
From: Leo Yonzon, QC, Philippines. 06/10
String type and tension: Toalson Ultimate Polyster, 58 lbs
Headsize: MP

Comments: Hey tennis warehouse and tennis players! I'm back with a new review, and new everything! Groundstrokes: It perfectly fits tennis warehouse's description--you could take a reasonably large cut at the ball, and consistently hit deep and penetrating shots in the court. It is definitely a maneuverable frame as well thanks to it's easy to use user-friendly weight. Very solid groundstrokes, and lots of power and pop--it is a very forgiving frame, and is an absolute blast to play with, singles, or doubles. Extremely solid. I also loved the sound of making contact with this racquet. Volleys: Just like above--volleys were absolutely solid. It is a great doubles stick as well, and I cannot fathom how much this racquet is a must demo, or worth a try. Maneuverable, and very powerful. Serves: Serves were very maneuverable as well, and I always got excellent spins and placement every time. Power came easy, and everything was just so so solid. Unbelievably solid. I was able to keep serves deep and hit to all corners. Serve returns: My absolute favorite shot with this stick. I was able to consistently pop returns deep into the court, and even hit return winners often. Even blocking back big serves was a piece of cake, as returns landed deep and into the corners. Overall... [1 being worst, 10 being best] Groundstrokes: 9/10 - Volleys: 9/10 - Serves: 9/10 - Serve returns: 9/10 - Power: 9/10 - Stability: 8/10 - Comfort: 9/10 - Slice: 9/10 - Topspin: 9/10 - Maneuverability: 9/10 - Control: 8/10 - Touch/feel: 7/10 - Overall: 9/10

Comments: I just got this racquet today and it plays amazing. My ground strokes and serve improved immensely, but I do have to say it took a while to reel the flat serve and groundstrokes in, but after about twenty minutes of play it was amazing. I suggest getting this racquet if you enjoy hitting a variety of strokes like i do because it enhances your shots.
From: Trent, Pennsylvania. 4/10
String type and tension: tension 62 Wilson nxt 18

Comments: This is horrible! It is true that my serve felt a lot better, but this thing is incapable of a decent groundstroke or volley. This stick makes me want to punch a wall.
From: Pat, Federal Way, WA, USA, 04/10
String type and tension: Babolat pro hurricane, 57lbs

Comments: I love this racquet, now I can see why Zheng Jie made it to the Semifinals of Wimbledon and Aussie Open. She is a Great Yonex player. My style is flat shots, 2 handed backhand all around and this racquet has made my backhand a threat. Even my one handed backhand has become a threat. Because of this racquet I'm considered the top seed for my tennis team as well as a threat for the next tournament I'm playing in @ Stanford this Memorial day. My serves are getting more kick and the passing shots I've been hitting are 2nd to none these days. Please anyone demo this racquet and you will see what you can do with great practice
From: Nathan, Santa Clara, CA 03/10
String type and tension: Unique Big Hitter Blue 17 @60 but looking at 62 or even 65

Comments: I tried this racquet today and noticed a solid feel on all of my shots. Forehands went in with some nice pace and backhands took some dialing in but once I got used to it they were very consistent. Quite comfortable at net and produced some nice overheads. Well worth a try for the price.
From: Mike, Seattle, WA, USA, 01/10
String type and tension: demo

Comments: Have owned this for about a year. My go to stick is the Rqis2tour but sometimes I will hit with this. It feels very stiff as compared to the 2tour. That translates into crisp volleys; feels great at the net. Ok from the baseline...a lot of power; it feels like a bludgeon from the back of the court, whereas I would prefer a scalpel.
From: BG, Los Angeles, CA, USA, 01/10
String type and tension: Luxilon big banger in the main; syngut cross

Comments: Awesome racquet. I had a friend use it a few times and he was impressed enough to buy one. I like the trampoline effect of hitting the balls during the rally. The response and feel is impeccable. This is my go to racquet. The serves take a little time to get used to. My serve placement has improved since I started using this racquet. The volleys are crisp if they are executed correctly. My return game has gone up 2 levels since I used this racquet because you can put great spin and placement on your groundies when you need to. Backhand and forehand slices are a little tougher with this one. Those are my work in progress shots. Overall 4 of 5 stars on this racquet.
From: Ron David, Anchorage, Alaska 01/10
String type and tension: Luxilon mains, Gosen crosses tension 60 lbs.
Headsize:100 in

Comments: I have had the Yonex RDS 003 for about 2 months now, playing at least once a week. I'm a 3.5 middle age player who need a more comfortable stick that doesn't hurt my elbow (switching from NCode Tour and Liquidmetal Fire). I also need a little help in the power area. With that said, I feel Yonex RDS 003 meets all my needs, and I'm very please with it. The only thing I'm sort of pissed is that I paid $129 just two months ago, and now it is selling at $89. So, I'm going to buy another one, not a big deal. The TW review is accuracy, and I love watching Tiffani. Overall, the Yonex helps my serve, forehand, and touch/drop volley. I'm still having fun and getting more out of it every time I play. I recommend one to demo it to see if it is your cup of tea. Thanks for reading.
From: Victor, USA 01/10
String type and tension: Gamma Pro @ 60
Headsize: Midplus

Comments: I have owned the previous RDS003 model, and now the RDS003 2008 model as well, and can say that it is a tough racquet to shake - I keep going back to it. It offers excellent lift, spin, power and control and is very arm friendly. The maneuverability of the racquet is good, allowing a big full swing at the ball to generate lots of racquet head speed and spin as desired. The racquet does everything reasonably well, and literally feels like an extension of my arm on strokes, making it easy to build confidence in executing my strokes. The extra length is not noticeable, and offers just enough extra pop and reach. The flex of the racquet is firm, but not stiff, allowing just the right amount of dwell time on the string bed to get lift on low shots and allowing the user to plow through the ball and accelerate the racquet on the ball during the swing -- very synchronized in my opinion. This is a versatile racquet, and will likely improve any player's game level. Good job Yonex. Offers more power than the RDS001 and RDS002 for those looking for a bit more pop. Much better racquet than the new S-Fit 1, which totally misses the mark for performance and a versatile player's stick.
From: Gary, Houston, Texas 01/10
String type and tension: Tecnifibre X-1 Bi-phase @ 61#
NTRP Rating: 4.5+

Comments: I play for my high school's varsity tennis team, and this is the most incredible racquet I have ever owned. I recently demoed it and bought it immediately after I returned the demo. This racquet gives me the utmost control, has good power, and is outstanding on volleys. My serving was a little off when I very first started using it but straightened out after a day or two of playing with it. Before I bought this racquet I was using a Wilson nCode. After I made the switch my overall game improved tenfold. With this racquet I'm able place my shots beautifully and use a variety of spins with much success. Overall and outstanding, comfortable, and responsive racquet that I'd highly recommend.
From: Adam, Chicago, Illinois, USA. 12/09
String type and tension: Klip Venom (17) / 61
Headsize: 100 square inches
NTRP Rating: 4.0-4.5

Comments: This racquet is the bomb! It is beautiful on the serves, volleys, overheads, and groundstrokes. It has the perfect blend of control and power. :D
From: Brian, Temecula, CA, USA 11/09
String type and tension: 62

Comments: This is the best racquet I have ever owned! I have used Prince, Head, Wilson, and Slazenger over the years and finally decided to try Yonex after thinking about switching to them for awhile. I am glad I finally did! I feel I am more consistent in every aspect of my game. I seem to be getting more out of my serve, have greater touch on my volleys, and my drops are just plain nasty, and I have more control than ever on my groundstrokes. I had it strung first with TNT2 Tour 16g - 62 lbs and thought it was great, just switched to Tecnifibre X-one Bi-phase 17g 62 lbs and it is even better than it was before. Unless something comes out to completely wow me, I am Yonex for life! Can't wait to start tweaking the tension to see what else I can get out of it
From: Matt, USA. 10/09

Comments: I bought this racquet after not having played for 5 years. My previous racquet was the Yonex RD Ti 80. I am a longtime Yonex user, but have played with Wilson (Hammer 6.2 and Hammer Titanium 5.6), Head (Radical), and Prince (Response). Though I am used to more hefty racquets, this racquet was exactly what I needed to get back to where I was. I used to be a baseline counterpuncher with a 2-handed backhand. Now that I have begun to play again, I play doubles more than singles. My game is different than it used to be, but this racquet is very good all around. It creates easy access to spin, is very maneuverable at net, and fairly stable. My serves were actually quite good with this as well. The only weakness I would say is when I had to hit against 4.0-4.5 players who hit with big topspin. The lightness of the racquet made it a bit unstable in rallies to keep up with the big boys. It's a tweener racquet that I think could be good for a wide variety of players.
From: Ryan, Washington, DC, USA. 08/09
String type and tension: 62 lbs
Headsize: 100sq in

Comments: I switched from a prince to this racquet and my game has improved immensely. It's a little heavier than most racquets, but it produces a lot of power. My served improved a lot and my ground strokes seem to have much more spin. Playing at the net has to be by far the best part. It has great shape which makes it easy to move around. Overall, the best racquet I've played with!
From: Mitchell, Boone, IA, USA. 08/09

Comments:I have been using this racquet for three months now, I like the spin and power it produce, though I wish it would be lighter. Paint job may seem to chip very fast. Maybe I would try RQS11.
From: Leo Yonzon, Philippines. 04/09
String type and tension: Tecnifibre syngut 58 lbs

Comments: This stick is by far the best I have and used. I used a Prince Speedport Red and switched to the RDS 003. It took me 4 hours to get used to but, was all worth the time. The topspin lobs are hard to produce and same with slice lobs. It is better to stick to 1 to 4 feet over the net so you can get depth on your shots. Drop shots I would call "cheap" because it is easy and effective. The serve has a lot more spin and power from before. Dead accurate in all corners of the court. Overall I recommend this stick.
From: Christian
String type and tension: Prince TopSpin 15L String w/Duraflex

Comments:Switched from Prince 03 hornet hybrid (which is a great racket) to this racket hoping to get a tad bit more control. My tennis friends noticed the improvements in my serves. Flats seemed gained more pace and the topspin serves jump off the ground higher than before. Playing at the net is a joy with this racket. I think the Prince was a bit better racket for ground strokes. Or I just need more playing time with this racket to get used to. Overall, I am very pleased with this racket.
From: Matt, NJ. 1/09
String type and tension: Isospeed energy 16 @ 62 lbs
Headsize: MP

Comments: Extremely efficient racquet if stringed properly. My serve (specially the flat one) and volley have improved visually. It is nice to see that Japan made racquets (with its superior graphite) is making a comeback to this market. Great product!
From: Daniel, Sao Paulo, Brazil, 12/08
String type and tension: Babolat Natural Gut/Hurricane 60/58

Comments:Great racquet. I play an all-court game and this Yonex allows me to swing with confidence from the baseline and react quickly to reflex volleys. Serving with this stick is pure joy. I can place a flat serve anywhere I want and my topspin serve is very consistent and kicks like a bull. My results from using this racquet have gotten better as I adjust to the unique head shape and the extra .25 in length. Well worth the adjustment period and a fine crafted racquet. Actually made in Japan as oppossed to China. This racquet is well worth the price of admission.
From: Thomas, Tampa, Florida, USA. 12/08
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger ALU Power 16L, 55 lbs.

Comments: I just switched to this racket from Babolat Aeropro Cortex. I had shoulder surgery 4 months ago and thought I should change rackets. I have been hitting with this Yonex and love it. Seems softer on my arm and provides a little more power. Must string 62lbs or above for harder hitters. Nice stick can't wait to start hitting serves with this one. Still a few weeks away from that.
From: Eddie, Plan, TX, USA, 10/08
String type and tension: M: Babolat Hurricane X: Babolat XCel, 62lbs

Comments: This is a fantastic racquet. After switching from Wilson to Prince to Head and finally to Yonex, I consider this racquet the best of all the brands I tried. It has a square shape head that has different impact on the ball and delivers with accuracy. My groundstrokes have improved with this racquet and my overhead swing has been precise. I believe from switching to head heavy to head light has changed my playing skills. So far, I like my present mentioned racquet and will stick to Yonex brand.
From: Richard, Surrey, BC, Canada. 10/08
String type and tension: Gamma 16G at 60 psi
Headsize: 100 sq.in.

Comments: I've played with Yonex all my life and the RDS003 is probably the best I had. Groundstrokes accuracy is really good especially for double-handed backhand. Comfy grip and easy to switch midpoint, good control at the net and fantastic top spin capabilities. Being only 5'7 I need to produce the best serve I can every time and with the RDS my first serve percentage has greatly improved. I'd recommend this racket to anyone any time. Cheers!
From: Miguel, London, England, UK, 10/08
String type and tension: Synthetic 62lbs

Comments: This is a best racquet I have ever played with. It plays much better than Babolat AeroPro Drive Cortex. It has great power and control, and a lot of topspin and great at the net. Go, Yonex.
From: Tommy, USA. 8/08
String type and tension: BB tours 16g

Comments: If you want the perfect balance of power and control, I highly recommend this racket, with its large sweet spot, it's still forgiving for those off center hits. I love it, we were definitely made for each other.
From: Keith, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. 8/08
String type and tension: Wilson Natural Gut (mains) Luxilon Alu Power Rough (cross) 61 lbs.
Headsize:100 Sq Inch

Comments: I have already left a feedback down there when it was strung at 60lbs. I cut up the strings and Strung it at 65lbs. Holy Tennis! The racquet is amazing. For control freaks like me, string it tight. Really tight. It feels amazing at 65lbs.
From: Rodney, Chicago, IL. 8/08
String type and tension: Gamma Live Wire (Mains) SYn GUt(Cross) 65lbs

Comments: I just demo'd this racquet and it was an all around great racquet. The weight is just enough to make it stable and also light enough for maneuverability, also the headlight balance makes it easy to generate good swing speeds. This racquet has really good control and I found that I was hitting a lot of balls deep in the court just inside the baseline, serving is also great with the added length and power. I really liked the long length of the grip because this allowed me to hit two-handed backhands with ease because my top hand wasn't searching for space on the grip. This racquet performs great and it has a nice quality feel to it.
From: Anon, USA. 7/08

Comments: Racquet has very good control for the amount of power it produces. Upon reading the marketing review, this was supposed to feel similar to the 001 with a "little" more pop. Let me tell you it's a lot more pop and it's hard to get used to. But the racquet is by far the MOST comfortable racquet ever. No vibrations on mishits. It's amazing. If your looking for a very comfy racquet with decent control and lots of power, this is it.
From: Rodney, Chicago, IL, USA. 7/08
String type and tension: Prince Lightning XX 60 lbs.

Comments: Originally I bought this racket to replace my Babolat Pure Drive Standard w/cortex. At first I didn't like the way it played and felt that it was too powerful. Originally it was strung with synthetic gut at 60 lbs. However, I changed the strings to a Luxilon/Isospeed hybrid and now it plays like a charm. I believe now that the Yonex RDS003 is indeed the perfect 'tweener racket. It has plenty of pop, works great on serves and decent on volleys, and is very well constructed with a very beautiful and noticeable paint job. I highly recommend this racket for anyone who wants to improve their game without going too heavy and too underpowered with a player's racket. The other rackets I own are a Dunlop M-Fil 200 plus and the Babolat I mentioned above, two rackets that are similar and just as good if strung correctly. Good luck!
From: Mike, Las Vegas, NV, U.S. 7/08
String type and tension: Luxilon Rough 16L mains/Isospeed Pro crosses (52/55 lbs.)
Headsize: 100 sq. in.

Comments: I tried this racquet against the Head Microgel Extreme and Wilson K Factor Open. I was most impressed with the consistency and pop on the RDS serve. I was getting one flat serve in after another. Kick serves do have some nice jump on them as well due to the longer racquet length I guess. Groundstrokes were comfortable and was able to get some nice racquet head speed through the ball. Very nice racquet indeed.
From: Ray, Chicago, Il. 7/08
Headsize: 100 sq. in.

Comments: I really liked this racquet. I've been using the Pure Drive Roddick for around a year or so and just decided to look for a racquet that's a bit easier to handle. I'm having a great time with the RDS 003! Although I did not hit as hard as with the PDR, I hit deeper consistently. Compared to the PDR, they both gave lots of spin, but I felt it was easier to produce spin on the RDS 003 while keeping the balls in deep. Drop shots were definitely easier than with the PDR. Try it out.
From: Xiu, San Jose, CA, USA, 06/08

Comments: This is one incredible racquet! I've demoed more than a dozen sticks in this range looking for a racquet light enough for a 40-year-old to generate whip, but without sacrificing stability. I had used 03s and Speedports for about a year, enjoying their feel on impact and volleys, but they seemed a bit lacking in accuracy. The Microgel Extreme is a good stick, but the RDS 003 can do it all. Groundstrokes are continually deep into the court with pace, and as accurate as any racquet I've tried. Volleys have a good stable feel. Half volleys are easy to control and change direction on, even with a one-handed backhand. Stability on blocking heavy shots is as good as I've found in this weight class of racquet. Serving, it has great control and a decent amount of pop. It promotes confidence when serving, especially on second serves. What I feel shines the most on the RDS is the touch it has. Drop shots are just plain evil with this. The touch and placement on drop volleys, lobs and topspin lobs are absolutely freakish. On top of all this, the racquet has a great feel and sound on impact. Definitely worth trying.
From: Robert, Atlanta, GA. 2/08