Comments: I had been playing with a Wilson nTour Two and was enjoying it for the most part - groundstrokes were very solid. Strangely though, as time went on I found that my serve, rather than improving, was actually getting worse with that racquet. I suspected some of this may have been due to the lack of spin I was getting with the 16x20 string pattern (my swing doesn't generate a ton of spin). I saw that TW considered this a comparable frame and the specs suggested as much. Since it had a 16x18 pattern which offered the potential for increased spin, I decided to give it a shot. At first I wasn't that impressed. It felt very light and stiff, almost tinny. Once I started playing with it, however, my opinion of the racquet changed immediately. I was getting effortless spin, control was excellent and even with the poly string that was in the demo (I usually play with Tecnifibre NRG or Wilson NXT) I found the racquet to be very comfortable. Despite the low static weight the balance of the racquet allowed it to stand up to heavy hitting. I have not had a problem with generating power with this racquet. Hitting with depth is effortless. It might not have the pop of a Pure Drive, but if you value control over power, you'll be pleased. I got hooked on the racquet and wound up buying it. So far I've been quite happy with the purchase.
From: Joe, Memphis, TN, USA, 09/10
String type and tension: Luxilon TiMO 18G @ 54lbs

Comments: This racquet is great! I thought it was going to be a big change because I went from a 110in to this 95in, but I transitioned swiftly and easily. I've always had a fast swing so on my 110in I was a monster with power, but I've always thought I needed more control. This racquet gave me just that and the good part? I can still hit very deep, always keeping my opponent behind the baseline. My serve became A LOT stronger and I feel as if I could place it anywhere I want. Placement is so easy using this racquet. Just to clarify though, I bought this racquet from a friend and it had tape at the 9 and 3 o' clock locations.
From: Brian, New York, USA, 08/10

Comments: I'd like to just start off by saying that I love this racket, for me groundstrokes were on point, perfect. Volleys were crisp, unfortunately for me serves were lacking; I just couldn't get it right, trust me I'll fix that. It's probably just me anyway, overall superb racket.
From: Chris, NJ, USA, 06/10

Comments: Have been using this racquet for 7 months now and it is FANTASTIC! I am able to put spin on my shots and angle them with great accuracy. It is low on power but great on spin. When Prince said "it's all in the ports" they're not lying. It took me about 3 weeks to adjust to this racquet but now, I am playing fiercely. I just bought another one of this racquet.
From: Victor, CA, USA. 5/10
String type and tension: Babolat pro hurricane 17, 58lb
NTRP Rating: Open

Comments: Awesome stick. I added a full ounce of weight in the handle, then 1/2 ounce on the head at 10 & 2 o'clock. Voila! Cub turns into a lion. Tons of heft through the shot without the hefty swing rate. The ignite team is already stiff and solid, so torque and discomfort is barely noticed. To me, all this needed was customized weight. Hitting the ball in the upper center of this stick creates sick spin. I've got no problem with power. Control is unreal. A "sleeper" stick that will leave your opponents thinking what hit them!
From: Mark, Glendale, CA 03/10
String type and tension: poly, 50 lbs
NTRP Rating: open

Comments: I will start off by being forward and say that I love this racket. I find that it has the control that I need to feel comfortable enough to hit through the ball with no worries. I play with a full western and have no problems switching out of it to a semi-western to flatten out the ball. The feel of the racket as it rests in my hand makes me feel as if I can swing the racket with little worries of the losing control. I switched from the EXO 3 Rebel Team to the EXO 3 Ignite Teams. Both great rackets, I just prefer a little more control over power. My playing style is a serve and volley, but if I have to fend from the base line there are no issues. I prefer a pro blend string over a poly or a synthetic. I have tried them all in this racket and I can play with them all. Great racket keep up the great job Prince.
From: Doug, Abilene, TX, USA, 02/10
String type and tension: Prince Pro-Blend or Hybrid Spin 3D/synthetic
Headsize: 95 sq. in
NTRP Rating: 5.0-5.5 (depends on the day)

Comments: Let's mention these frames: Original Graphite 93, Diablo mid, TT Warrior and TT Rebel - as you combine these rackets and "add a bit of weight to your liking", you have the new IGNITE TEAM. Stiff enough to "plow" through the ball, control and precision to move your opponent at will, a savior into the 3rd set (depending on how you weigh the racket) - the IGNITE team is a complete, customizable racket that will code-named "Damage Incorporated" by your opponents. Two of my three rackets are strung at 12.6 oz, and my third is 12 flat in case I have to go a third. Yes, 50+ years old and still swinging away. In the open's.
From: Mark Asder, Los Angeles 02/10
String type and tension: Dunlop Explosive Mains/Gosen SuperPoly Comfort 62/58
NTRP Rating: Open

Comments: Upon hitting this stick on the court, I just fell in love how it felt like hitting my old Dunlop 3Hundred M-Fil, but with more bite to the ball and controlled power. Since this stick has a low power rating, I found that since I have a long, fast swing, it definitely suited my style. The weight of the stick did feel a bit hefty to me (I'm not a big guy 5'7, 130 lbs), but I like the solid feel of it. The groundstrokes were superb. I'm a big fan of blasting a forehand on floating balls and this stick gave me the huge spin while I provide drive. Due to its low power, you would have to provide more of the umph to the hit, unless you decide on having a lower string tension. My backhands felt more controlled possibly due to the weight of the stick as well as stiffness. Volleying was another forte I found in this stick. It is able to take hard hits and return them easy. The low power also helped me control my shots whether it is putting it more deep into the court or dropping it short. I can't comment much on serving since I'm still working on it. Overall, this stick made me happy since I was looking for a racquet that can allow me to use my fast swings and provide my own power. For an open string pattern, it feels a lot like a closed string pattern. It feels great for an all-around stick.
From: Simon, California, USA 02/10
String type and tension: Gosen Poly @ 60lbs
NTRP Rating:3.5

Comments: * In my playtest I had a chance to tryout both the Babolat AeroStorm Tour and the Prince EXO3 Ignite Team. Therefore you will see a comparison of the two racquets throughout my review. *This is the 'bare necessities' version of my review. I plan to go into further detail when I have more time. Current Racquet: Gamma T-7, 4 1/2" grip, rubber band dampener, one overgrip, Tecnifibre Black Code 1.24mm @ 56 pounds, Babolat Addiction 1.30mm @ 58 pounds Style of Play: 4.0-4.5 all court player; full western forehand grip; two-handed backhand; heavy topspin and slice from both sides; medium length strokes; fast swing speed Specs of Racquets Prince EXO3 Ignite Team: Strung Weight = 314 grams, Length = 27 inches, Head Size = 96 square inches, 1 point head headlight, Swingweight = 330-335 (est.), Stiffness = 67 (est.), Width = 21mm, String Pattern = 16x18, grip = 4 3/8 inches Initial Impressions: Prince EXO3 Ignite Team: definitely lighter than the Aero Storm although very similar feel due to the balance, when picking it up I thought it felt head heavy but after measuring it I found it's about 1 point headlight, very open string pattern (POG mid like), very round looking head, width is perfect, nice long handle for my two handed backhand, very solid feeling racquet, sharp look to the racquet with the dark read and a 'crackle' look running from handle half way up the head, excellent feeling grip Groundstrokes: Prince EXO3 Ignite Team: Groundstrokes with the Prince were not as effective as those with the Babolat, although I was able to get incredible topspin with the Prince. The spin reminded me a great deal of the spin I used to get with the Prince Original Graphite Mid. Overall, the maneuverability of the racquet from all over the court is what caused the most problems for me when using this racquet. The comfort level was very low if I didn't find the sweetspot, and that area didn't seem very large. I just never found the rhythm with this racquet and had very little success when trying to find a groove when banging it out from the baseline. Serves: Prince EXO3 Ignite Team: I really loved second serves with this racquet...the kick on second serves was incredible but you really had to go after the serve with a lot of gusto in order to get the racquet head moving. The area of control was where this racquet suffered for me on serve. I'm not sure if it was the balance of the racquet or what, but the racquet seemed to play a lot longer than 27 inches. The Prince had a very awkward feel on serves when caused way too many double faults if I didn't consciously go after my serve. Volleys: Prince EXO3 Ignite Team: This racquet suffered from the same problems that the Babolat did: poor touch/feel, lack of comfort, and slow maneuverability. I did like the extra bit of pop this one gave compared to the Babolat but I still wouldn't say I liked coming to the net with this racquet. Again, it seemed this racquet played like a 27.5" racquet instead of a 27" racquet because of the balance. Service Returns: Prince EXO3 Ignite Team: Returns with the Prince were slightly better than those with the Babolat. At times it played very similar to the Babolat because I found myself very slow in getting the racquet into position on returns. However, unlike the Babolat, I found my best returns were when I went after heavy topspin off the backhand side. This return seemed to give my opponents the most trouble and me the most success. Still though, I wish the racquet were a bit more headlight in order to improve maneuverability.
From: Talk Tennis User Triple B

Comments: This racquet was great. When hitting ground strokes I felt in control on every shot, the balls go where I wanted it to go with lots of power. Volley was awesome, I didn't even feel the racquet in my hand when I volley because of its maneuverability, but the power was low which returned the ball short. However, the serves was just AWFUL, no power at all. With my previous racquet, I can hit around 90-100 mph. Now with Ignite team, my serves feel like 40-60mph. I would recommend for people that hit a lot of balls long.
From: Theodore, CA, USA 02/10
String type and tension:prince synthetic gut 16 duraflex (55lbs)

Comments: This frame lacks power in my opinion. I just couldn't get the hang of it. It had so much control and no power, that I found myself doing all the work. I would recommend the EXO Rebel instead.
From: Evan, East Meadow, NY, USA 01/10

Comments: Despite the open pattern and high tech features,this is a very low powered racquet,likely a result of low weight and smallish head size. The good control and maneuverability are not worth sacrificing power in my opinion.
From: Mel, White Plains, NY 01/10
tring type and tension: Syn Gut 16 at 58
NTRP Rating: Unrated

Comments: Excellent control on the groundstrokes; it has pinpoint accuracy. The ball will go the direction where it was swung. It was very easy to generate racquet head speed and very easy to hit flat forehands. However, the lightweight has its drawback. It has very little balance to me. Although the groundstrokes wasn't my taste as in lack of balance, the serves were outstanding! Kick serve; it takes some pace off, but still extremely easy to serve with. This racquet has less power than Speed Port Tour. It also has faster swing speed. It is not quite easy for me to generate topspin. It was asking me to hit flatter and hard. Honestly, not exactly impressed by this frame.
From: TT Username: The_Question
Racquet of Choice: Wilson K6.1 Tour

Comments: I like the Ignite Team because it does everything well and seems to fit my game. I was worried about the 95 inch headsize being too small but I haven't mishit anymore than when i played with a 100inch head! This racquet handles very well and the combination of control and power is its best attribute. Spin is easy to produce and I don't have to worry about balls flying when I take a good swing. For me I just feel very confident with this stick in my hand whether serving, volleying, groundstrokes or overheads. Don't let the 95 sq inch head scare you away, give this one a chance and you will be pleasantly surprised by its consistent performance!
From: Barry, SJ, CA, USA. 12/09

Comments: AMAZING racquet!!! I have it on demo right now!! I love it! I get so much power and control off of it! Volleying is very solid! Very recommended!! I love it so much I'm getting 3 of them!
From: Kristian, weatherford, tx, US. 12/09
String type and tension: Wilson nxt 16g

Comments: Initially it felt like a brick to me, but when I tried it a second time after setting it aside for a few weeks, it felt pretty good. Maybe it was just the strings loosening up a little bit. It's a solid racquet, and a good choice for someone who wants the feel of a player's frame, but with less overall weight, much like the Rebel Team. The weight and balance don't really suit me. It's At 10.4 ounces unstrung, it's quite light, and to compensate, they had to move more weight toward the head, making it pretty close to even balance. I prefer a heavier racquet that's much more head light, like the regular Ignite, although that one is a little too hefty. Too bad they don't make one in between.
From: anon. 12/09

Comments: I demoed both open and close holes racquets. The one with closed holes has very good touch and feel on serve and volley and it is very spin friendly.However it took me a few hours to get use to hitting at the baseline due to the stiffness of it but it is very stable. The opened holes is a much softer feel and easy to hit from the baseline. So I went for the closed holes and love it. Just for your info. Both demo racquet came with the same factory strings so the only thing different are the holes.
From: B, Vancouner, BC, Canada 11/09
String type and tension: Babolat VS TEAM 17 Main/Luxilon Ace 18 at 55 lbs
NTRP Rating: 3.5 Singles Player and Mixed Doubles Player

Comments: What impressed me most was the muted thwack on contact and the stability. What lingered in my mind was the weight of the racquet. So I switched to the Team 95 without trying it!!! Most comments of reviewers are pretty accurate. However, individual feel and response to this racquet is going to be greatly "colored" by one's forearm and back strength. Having graduated from a Head that was a good 2+o.z. lighter, you have to "find" that strike-zone in front of you on forehands to control depth of shot. On the backhand side you can get away with a lot more low/ high slice and take the balls more in line with your body, if you have to. Take big, easy swings and plow through on ground strokes to enjoy this racquet. Stability on serves can be greatly improved, however one has to relearn the mechanics of the serve if one is "graduating" from a lighter, head-heavy racquet as you have to rediscover the strike-zone for max power and sweetness! Have to accelerate through contact. Significant improvement in variety and direction of spin on serves can be realized. Reaction time for rapid volleys at the net can be diminished if you lack sufficient forearm & upper body strength. A perfect excuse to hit the weight room or grab some free weights or you can get flat out quick! Generally happy with it. Can't wait to beef up a bit while getting the "hang" of the stick and improve play quality.
From: G-Dog, WBF, MI, USA. 10/09
String type and tension: Mains- Tecnifibre NRG2 & Xes - Prince Soft Flex; 60 psi both ways.

Comments: I am presently using the prince black longbody and it's doing the job for me, however with all the complaints about the frames breaking and the fact that the frame is being discontinued, I felt the need to start looking for something else. My pro told me to try the ignite 95 team. I haven't hit with a racquet head this small since the eighties! I thought for sure I'd miss the sweet spot a lot, but to my surprise it played a lot bigger than it looked. It feels a bit more powerful then the black and definitely more deadly. Weight and balance seem similar, I can place my serves better and get the ball deeper from baseline to baseline. I'm an all-court player not afraid to serve and volley, grind it from the baseline or counter- punch. This frame is comfy and accurate, I'd recommend it to anyone with the desire to improve their game.
From: Frank, NOLA USA 9/09
String type and tension: Dunlop syn
NTRP Rating: 3.0-3.5

Comments: I was presently surprised when I demoed this recently. It does not really play how others have described it. I found it quite maneuverable and not really that heavy at all. Its major strength for me was the serve. I hit some of the best slice serves I have ever hit with even more power without very much effort. As someone who hits a slice backhand quite often, though, I thought the width of the stick was a weakness of the racket.
From: Ryan 09/09
String type and tension: Washington, D.C.

Comments:I've been trying to replace my Precision Response 660 MP for the better part of a decade. They are hard to find and, sadly, all of them are in the 'previously owned' category (ie various states of wear). The Precision Response for my money is one of the best spin, touch, and control racquets produced for the creative all court player. In the past two weeks, have played with the lighter Team version of the Ignite, with Ports, and have found it to be a very easy, impressive hit. Definitely crisper/stiffer (67 vs. 64) than the Precision Response, which adds some pop and maybe loses a little on more delicate touch and drop shots. It provides excellent targeting and good, not great spin courtesy of its open string pattern. The combination of power, spin and touch proved, however, satisfying for my slice and dice, control-oriented game. Have put a little lead tape at 3&9 and 2&10 to slow down my swing and extend the sweet spot to the upper hoop. Have not tried the Ignite Team with the string insert option and would be curious how it plays in comparison. Maybe someone who's tried both could report? I've tried the regular Ignite with string inserts and personally found the frame too stiff. To make a long story short(er), just bought the Team version and put in VHS 16 gut @60 (mains) and m2 plus Luxilon 16 @ 57 in the crosses. Very interested to see whether this will improve feel without losing control versus the syn gut demo. As a lover of old time Prince frames, think Prince is on to something with its EXO technology. The Ignite team with ports is one smooth, accurate, and maneuverable operator.
From: Michael, Vancouver, BC, Canada, 08/09
String type and tension: Prince Syn Gut 58
NTRP Rating: 4.5-5.0

Comments: Like the feel a lot better than the EXO3 Rebel. It's a great racquet overall, really happy with it.
From: Joel. 7/09
String type and tension: Wilson Sensation 16 59

Comments: Had this stick out at the same time as the Ignite 95. Definitely a nice frame. There is a lot of control and the racquet just seemed more forgiving than the Ignite without sacrificing too much pop compared to the standard Ignite. Sweet spot seemed larger, not at all like a 95 inch frame. I was generating less topspin with the team version though. This is a very nice racquet, just not perfect for me. My wife absolutely loved it though (and the Rebel Team).
From: Tyler, Whitehouse, NJ, USA. 07/09
String type and tension: Prince demo (I think 16ga synthetic gut)

Comments: Before using this racquet I used a Yonex, which was okay but the main problems I had with it was all the power I was generating was from my own strength and I wasn't getting much spin on the ball. This racquet took care of both of these problems. I find myself hitting much more solid shots all around the court primarily from the service line back. I can generate much more spin on the ball also which has helped the ball stay in play when I'm hitting the balls harder. Part of this is because of the technology that Prince developed making the sweet spot larger. The racquet also has a very nice feel to it making it possible to hit better shots from all around the court. My only complaints about it are that at the net it is a little tough to get used to. This racquet is weighted differently than my Yonex so the feel at the net is different. With my Yonex the weight was in the handle primarily and this Prince the weight is more evenly distributed. I guess I'll just get used to it, but if you're looking for something heavier, the other version of this racquet is a little heavier so that might be another option. Overall this is a solid racquet especially from the baseline. I hope this helps some of you.
From: Justin, Illinois, United States. 6/09