Pacific X Feel Pro 95 Racquets Customer feedback

Comments: I had the chance to finally play with the racquet yesterday for about an hour. Just to give some brief history, I am a 3.5-4.0, serve and volleyer playing singles and doubles equally. I came from a completely opposite racquet -- the Dunlop Maxply McEnroe (graphite). That racquet was a box beam, much stiffer and a slightly bigger headsize. I played with this racquet for 5 years and could have played with it for another 5 but half of the fun of tennis is changing racquets (sometimes). I purchased the Pacifics without demoing them which is probably not advisable but having used a Fischer for 10 years (vacuum pro 90) out of the entire current line, these specs matched up to more my preference. I wasn't really looking to change racquets but I got a great deal on them and just pulled the trigger. The first thing I noticed after 10 minutes of warm up was how low powered these racquets are which has been mentioned in the past. It is probably the most control oriented racquet I have ever played with but the pace on my shots were significantly less than with my previous racquets. Volleys seemed exceptionally well considering the fact that this racquet is quite maneuverable in the air. Accuracy on the serve was better than normal but again, I lacked the pace that I have had in the past. My favorite shot with the racquet was the backhand slice. I had these racquets strung with my previous set-up which was Volkl synthetic gut (17g) at 52 lbs. I contribute the lack of power with these racquets a lot to the strings and tension that I was using (not to mention my form is not as advanced as other highly skilled players who can generate their own power). I thought this would be a good starting point as I was comfortable with this with my Dunlop's but obviously different racquets react differently even if you use the same set-up. Overall, I really like the racquet. I think once I find a string set-up that will give me more power, the like will turn into love with this frame. one thing that I will certainly do differently moving forward will be to try a higher tension. I know that the lower the tension, the more power you get, but for some reason 52 lbs on this frame just felt too mushy. Possibly I will try full poly to see if that will make a significant difference. So my final assessment is that this a great comfortable frame. I think it is more suited for an advanced player who generates their own power and someone that plays more of a net game than strictly a baseline player. If I was a strict baseline player like most these days just trading topspin shots from the back court, it probably would not be my first choice of a stick. Even at 11.9 ounces strung, it seems like it could get pushed around against really hard hitters. The only way to truly know if this stick is for you is to take it out for a test drive and see for yourself.
From: Lambert, 3/14

Comments: A smooth playing solid racquet that can sometimes feel a little unforgiving in the hoop, as it is of triangular design (as opposed to the box beam), which makes it play a bit firmer. Great racquet for somebody with precise strokes and perfect technique who can supply all their own power. Excellent build quality.

Comments: Perhaps the most mid-like accuracy one can get from a mid plus. This is a demanding frame, more so than a Prestige MP, but it is also softer on the arm and rewards shotmaking. Easily customizable and good for those looking for a classic frame feel with modern day spin capabilities too. It is an improvement over the Fischer M Comp, (which I also have) in that it is a solider and has a more muted feeling (in a good way). You can really feel the ball and its a dwell time. Pacific is doing great things for discerning players. Looks killer too, but this really is only for those with developed strokes. String this just a tad lower than you think you should.

Comments: I would recommend this racquet if you are looking for something that gives you lots of control and spin potential without harming your shoulder or your elbow. I did not find this to be underpowered at all, maybe because I use it with a multi at 54 lbs. Actually, liked it a lot when serving and volleying too. No dislikes at all. I will order one or two more.
From: Tapatio, 11/11
String type and tension: Pro Supex Maxim Touch, 54 lbs

Comments: I recently demoed this racquet and I now have mixed feelings about it. The top spin I could generate with it on my groundstrokes and serve were amazing. Some of my kick serves were reaching 6ft high. My slice shots however, were floating and I had a hard time adjusting them to this racquet, specially on my service returns. This racquet feels much lighter than it actually is because of the way it is balanced. This Pacific seems less stable on returning some heavy shots from the net and baseline than other heavy racquets in the same category. It is a very soft racquet and very comfortable on the arm. The main concern for me was that I had to swing and accelerate my arm much more to generate power than with other player racquets. I would definitely recommend demoing it.
From: PFulvio, 8/11
String type and tension: 57 lbs

Comments: First impression off the bat is that this stick is very underpowered. I had trouble getting depth with it. Angles and touch shots, though, were very obtainable. I do think this racquet creates a lot of spin, as it's very whippy for its weight, and because of the fairly flexy feel of the stick. Overall a pretty comfortable racquet, except off center shots felt jarring to my arm and created stability issues. I would personally add some lead tape to the 10 and 2 o'clock positions to help sure up stability and add some power. End of the day this racquet is super at control, spin and touch, but it's just a tad too underpowered for my game right now, plus I like a stiffer frame, so I'll have to pass.
From: Eric, USA. 4/11
String type and tension: Pacific Poly Force 16L @ 53 lbs
NTRP Rating: 4.0 all-court

Comments: I haven't hit with the later racquets from Fischer, but I own an M-Speed Pro No. 1 105 (black, red and green) and the X Feel Pro 95 feels very much from that lineage. Its impact response has that signature Fischer smooth-but-crisp feel to it, even with a full poly string job. In fact, its smoothness and comfort made the full poly not only tolerable to me, but actually fun to play with. (I could even hit very nice touch drop shots; there was good feedback to the hand.) TW measured stiffness at 61; seems right to me. There was no noticeable bump or dip in the flex profile -- on big shots, you could feel the frame flex, but it flexed smoothly (not too much, just enough to give excellent control), and there was no undue softness in the upper part of the hoop. I found the whole hoop very stable and predictable; there were no hot or cold spots on the stringbed. Volleys were no problemo. Overall, the racquet felt all of a piece. And I imagine that a wide range of players will find it a solid, predictable partner that does what you and your game ask of it, smoothly and with excellent feel and touch. My only reservation: The price seems high. Still, if these specs match what your looking for, it's very much worth a demo.
From: Keifers, CA, USA, 3/11