Comments: After wearing the discontinued K-Swiss Preventor (with the great support strap) for several years and then the Prince Viper IV, V and now the VI, I am a little disappointed with the VI's. I need great support due to ankle problems, and I feel that I lost a little of that support when I started wearing the VI's. I've worn them about three weeks, and I have not had any ankle problems but I don't feel as snug and stable as I did with the V's. Now, I am thinking about trying the K-Swiss Ultrascender Mid which appears to have good support and stability.
From: Terry, 8/12

Comments: If you are looking at these, it is likely because you need a mid like I do. I've tried on other the few other mids on the market, like the K-Swiss Ultrascendor and Monfils, and they didn't fit my feet the way that Vipers do. I've worn the Viper IV, V & now the VI, and can't tell much difference from the V and VI, other than looks (I like the VI better). So, if you need a mid, and the NFS last works for you, these are great.

Comments: Dave, you are likely suffering from plantar fasciitis. I use the Viper II as my practice and training shoe, as if is more stable and with it comes the increased weight. I have used the Viper V as my match shoe as it is lighter. I tried the scream hi top many years ago and found it too cushy and it gave me terrible Achilles tendonitis. Now I'm pulling the trigger on the VI in hopes it will perform as well as the V in match play.
From: Dave, 2/12

Comments: Stability, ankle support, comfort, traction, and quality are all excellent on both the Prince Viper V Mid and the Prince Viper VI Mid. Cushioning is average but good. I remove original insole and put in an aftermarket insole. I have worn all the VIPER MID shoes, I, II, III, IV, V, and now the VI. For me, the VIPER V MID and the VIPER VI MID are clearly the best overall VIPER MID shoes of them all, especially the quality of the upper. My feet: medium width, medium arch, somewhat supinated). Sizing on the VI is identical to the V.
From: Allen, 1/12

Comments: I've loved the Viper line with a NFS for years, and used the Viper II until changing to the Viper VI 3 weeks ago. I've had a bruised heel since the second time I played tennis in the Viper VI shoes, and I've never had that problem with the Viper II shoes. When I look at the insole ("sock liner"), I find that the gel shock layers in the Viper II have been replaced with a plain foam grid in the Viper VI. I'm moving the Viper II liner to the Viper VI shoes, to see if that helps them, but I won't be buying Viper VI again. I'm sure the shoe is slightly lighter, but it's taken me two weeks to play again, and my heel still hurts. I'm sorry to say that I don't recommend the "upgrade"!
From: Dave, 1/12