Comments: I enjoyed the two previous Viper versions to the VI for my wide forefoot feet. I have gone through two pairs a year for the past three years. They were more comfortable than the VI. The VI feels slightly narrower in the toe box and there is also a stitch on the inner side of the toe box area that bites into my foot which makes tennis painful after 30 minutes. It also feels stiffer due to the large plastic logo on the tongue.
From: Jay, 2/13

Comments: Disappointed with this shoe. After 1 month of wear, the eyelets have torn on the left shoe and starting to on the right. The shoe doesn't have the soft leather feel like other Prince shoes, and the model previous to this, had. More of a hard plastic feel. Not impressed. Love the fit and toe box. Seeing if Prince will return/replace. Going back to K-Swiss.
From: TGS, 8/12

Comments: I am a senior player with very flat feet so over-pronate. I was wearing the K-Swiss Stabilor, which is a great shoe but a little too narrow in the toebox for me. So I bought a pair of Viper VIs. The toebox is roomy enough, but I am disappointed in the shoe. It is not very well cushioned. Most importantly, Prince has extended the tongue and sewn in a large & stiff plastic logo at the top of it, which cut into my lower leg, leaving me bleeding (& sore) in under two sets. That logo probably is not so effective when partially covered in blood.
From: Alan, 3/12

Comments: Stability, ankle support, comfort, traction, and quality are all excellent on both the Prince Viper V Mid and the Prince Viper VI Mid. Cushioning is average but good. I remove original insole and put in an aftermarket insole. I have worn all the VIPER MID shoes, I, II, III, IV, V, and now the VI. For me, the VIPER V MID and the VIPER VI MID are clearly the best overall VIPER MID shoes of them all, especially the quality of the upper. My feet: medium width, medium arch, somewhat supinated). Sizing on the VI is identical to the V.
From: Allen. 1/12

Comments: These are not as wide as prior NFS shoes. I have been an enthusiastic Prince customer for many years, and in the past could always depend on the NFS line to give a good roomy fit in the forefoot, and lots of toe room. In recent years, I've been disappointed as they cut back the NFS line from several models to only one. Now the only model left fits nothing like the NFS of the past. Too narrow. In fact, I'd say it's no wider than your typical non-NFS shoe made by anybody. I can't wear the Viper VI; it is much narrower in the forefoot than the Viper V (I still have a pair to compare).I am sad that Prince didn't stick to the natural foot shape idea. I used to really like their shoes, but now they don't make anything for a wide foot.
From: Bob, 12/11