Prince Tour 98 Racquets Customer feedback

Comments: I am a 4.5 level all-court player initially bought this racquet for my son who loved it and wanted me to test it, too. Played with it for 3 hours as a try. Strung at 55 lbs with a synthetic gut. Wow! I absolutely loved it. It took me few minutes to adjust but once I got use to it performed great. What I liked: topspin groundstrokes, soft touch of volleys, controlled drop shots with a backspin, overheads. Serves were powerful enough and well controlled. Maneuverability was amazing. Extremely arm friendly and after 3 hours of play arm didn't hurt at all. Disliked: At times frame felt a little too soft at the impact. Overall, I would strongly recommend this racquet to any player who likes soft touch with great control, good spin and arm friendly racquets.
From: Ash, 4/16

Comments: As a college athlete, I was looking for a racquet that would offer pace and forgiveness, but also be arm friendly for the long hours spent on court. Loved the racquet. Feels pretty smooth and the plush response from it as the ball contacts the strings -- it is fantastic. I could rave about this racquet forever. From the groundstrokes I feel plenty of pace and control. Volleys were smooth as long as you keep a firm grip. Serves are great for the control and available pace. I string my racquet at 55-57 lbs, sometimes full poly, other times blending it with synthetic gut. My mains are Ruff Code from Technifibre and the crosses are Poly Code (Technifibre).
From: Antoine, 3/16

Comments: Got my brother one to start off and learn with. It is a good weight for starting out and should be able to stay with him for a while. I took it out for a test drive on serve and found it very accurate/consistent on the first ball. I slammed 4/4 first serves on my first hit with it and the power was there. I had no issues timing my swing coming from the classic Response 97 and I was matching the pace of my Response (but the shot probably wasn't as heavy). I actually was expecting more power but found it relatively tame and just allowed me to just go after it. At impact, it actually felt pretty firm, again I was expecting a more cushioned feel as I also have an EXO3 Tour as my back up. Overall just a plug and play type of racquet.
From: Anonymous, 3/16

Comments: I previously tried out the EXO3 Rebel 98 but I gave up on that frame too quickly due to feeling it was too flexy and lacked a bit of stability. After researching how heavy the pro racquets really are, I gave this updated version a try. Final setup is 352 grams, balance 33 cm and strung with a Prince black poly (1.35) 16 gauge at about 52 lbs. Very pleased with everything. Stability, spin, maneuverability, control and pop all there. It's soft but not mushy with the added weight. I've never had a frame that produced so much spin without breaking strings regularly. The Prince poly should get credit for this too. Great bargain! The best racquets seem to have traits that compliment each other. The slightly thicker beam and springy EXO3 stringbed are tamed by a soft flex. I also love the marraige between the spin friendly 16 mains and control oriented 20 crosses.

Comments: I bought 3 of these racquets, and all I can say is wow! If you are looking for an easy on the arm racquet with great control and plenty of power, then you have found it. I tried so many different racquets, and had mixed results. This one has got it all.
From: George, 11/15

Comments: I just picked up 2 of these, I have been playing with the Rebel 98. I would have to disagree with the prior comment, it feels very different from the Rebel in my opinion, it is much more reminicent of the Dunlop Bio M3.0 in feel the previous version has a different feel. I am not at all saying the previous version is better, just different. As with any frame the string combination can make a world of difference, and since I used the same set up, Volkl Cyclone tour 17 with Volkl syn gut 17 at 45/60 lbs. I was surprised how different it felt to me.
From: Ron, 9/15

Comments: Love this racquet. I own a Rebel 98, and this new-name-same-racquet plays identically, and has a more durable finish as a bonus (the Rebel 98 finish chips like no racquet I've ever owned, but didn't affect play). I got it to give me two in the bag and let me make the Rebel 98 a backup. I strung it with 17g Weiss Cannon Silverstring at 55 lbs. I like the setup better than the Rebel 98 with Head Sonic Pro strings, though honestly I can't say if that is actually due to the string or simply that it is fresh. Both strings are softer polys, and I expected similar results -- which I'm getting -- though reviews say the Silverstring holds tension especially well. We'll see. I'm in my mid 50's, 3.5-4.0 level, 6'4" and play with a big serve and a mix of heavy topspin and hard flat shots to change pace and go for winners. The Tour 98 is supremely comfortable and has mid-low power so I can swing the heck out of it, generate spin and still keep the ball in. I originally tried the Rebel 98 (again, idential weight, balance, size, shape, swingweight, power-level, etc as this newer Tour 98) with multifilament strings because I was working through a wrist issue at the time. Do not string this racquet with multis. Sure, it was comfortable, but too comfortable -- soft and aloof. I couldn't keep the ball in. I found myself dialing back power, losing spin, changing my game to accommodate the racquet (strings, actually). Not happy. Head Sonic Pro poly strings transformed the racquet, was 90% as comfortable as the multi, and delivered what this racquet is designed to do. It's a mid-pack weighted racquet, but it has no trouble dealing with power. I find it plenty stable. Spin with the poly string is awesome, arching however you want and kicking hard. I considered trying the open-pattern 16x16 version of the racquet, but honestly, I think it would crossover and exchange too much control for not much gain in spin. I love the racquet. My arm, muscles and tendons love the racquet. Wonderful all-around gamer with no weaknesses. But string it with a poly to see what it is capable of.