Prince Tournament Poly 16 String Reel Customer feedback

Comments: Durable but hard on the arm and provides no power. I assumed this was replacing Prince Poly (great string) but this one is not close. Avoid if you're looking for a comfortable, high performance string.
From: Don, 2/14

Comments: I strung a full bed of this in a Prince TT Scream. I have been trying low tensions and strung the mains at 40 lbs and the crosses at 35 lbs. I found it played okay but was surprised that it was hard on the wrist and arm even at those tensions. My current thinking is that if I string a low-power racquet (Scream) loosely with a poly I should be able to swing hard and big. So far that has been the case with all the polys. Now I'm looking for that combination that saves my wrist and elbow which have both suffered over the years. My intent is to string my second Scream with the Prince Poly in the mains and syn gut in the crosses. I have about 8 hours on the full bed poly. It looks durable. Control and power are both decent.

Comments: I strung this in a hybrid for a customer who wanted a white poly, and he loved it. I ended up trying it and now I know why. It's not as harsh as other polys I've tried, it doesn't have sharp edges that notch or cut into the nylon cross strings, and once the tension relaxes it truly cups the ball. There really is no such thing as a soft poly, but this comes about as close as you can get.

Comments: I don't know if Prince Poly 16 is the best string but in my case, the results were very good. I play with a Six.One Tour BLX at 60 pounds. In spite of the fact I hit the ball very hard, the strings have never broken. I usually change them each month because the string tension gradually diminishes.
From: Ruben, Rosario, Santa Fe, Argentina, 10/10

Comments: Love this string! Helps me get the control I need for my game, very arm-friendly as are most of the strings I play with, but this one stands out to me. Even though it looks plain, don't let that take away about how much playability this string has to offer. You can really get the ball deep and place it where you want it with precision and accuracy. Best bang for your buck. Great job, Prince.

Comments: I string for a few coaches and some recreational players. Some people have no clue about string, so I put this on for its durability. I had a coach ask me to put on the least expensive string. He plays 6 days each week. I strung his racquet 3 months ago... and he's very content with this string.
From: Steve, Murrieta, CA. 9/09

Comments: This is a great poly string. It's very durable, has great ball bite and much more comfortable feeling than other polys. If you want to hit a lot of spin, this string is a good choice too. I strung on my Wilson KSix-One Tour 90 at 53 pounds.
From: Korn, Chonburi, Thailand. 5/08

Comments: I string the main with this string at 70lb and the cross with Wilson sensation at 75lb for my Prince Graphite and feel great when playing baseline with a lot of control and power. I think the trick is to string the cross with a softer string at a high tension, even though my Wilson Sensation wears out much quicker than this string.
From: Jason, New York, NY, USA, 09/07

Comments: At first this string felt great and had great bite for a 16. But after about 15 hours it started to lose too much tension, and now it is almost unplayable. Once the strings started to move around, I started to spray shots. I guess it's durable, but does that matter when you only get a few good hours from the strings? It was strung on a Pro Kennex Core No.6 at 62 pounds.
From: Martin, CA, USA. 5/07

Prince Tournament Poly 16 String Reel - Where to go from here

Prince Reels
Best Values (Price vs Performance)
Reels of Polyester Tennis String