Prince Tour 98 ESP Racquets Customer feedback

Comments: The spin is incredible, and incredibly consistent. It takes practice to use, but when controlled properly with a flick of the wrist, it forces opponents way behind the baseline and makes low-percentage shots high-percentage. The racquet is flexible with a low swingweight and surprisingly good control. The flexibility gives a dampened feel, the swingweight allows easy power to use with the spin (although lead tape can be added for more swingweight), and the control allows for aggressive shot-making. The racquet is great for an aggressive baseliner, and I highly recommend giving it a try.
From: Jackson, 7/14

Comments: Overall, this racquet is very good for all parts of the game. But the most impressive point is spin! As it has a low stiffness, it is comfortable and produces low power, great control, and is very fast. It may be too light for someone but it is easy to add weight, no doubt. Volleying is good but you may need to adjust because the feel is a bit weird feeling because of the extremely open string pattern. Serves are also great if you want to add spin to make your opponent feel uncomfortable on return. Service returns are also great because of its stability and comfort. Finally, this stick should be tried at least if you want to try a midplus size, flexible (arm-friendly), great control, low power, quite light weight, fast swing and extreme spin potential! I switched from a Yonex Vcore 100S as it is too stiff and too much power for me.
From: Halo, 4/14

Comments: Of all the ESP racquets Prince offers, this has the most all around playability. Having said that, it's all relative to your game and swing speed. Prince has divided all their equipment by power level, the harder you swing/better timing the lower power you need. So this racquet is designed for a 4.0 and up player. Like most modern racquets it's got a lot of advanced technology (open stings, double bridge and composite construction). Playing with this stick now for several months. As with all the ESP line there is more string movement, but the racquet is less stiff then the others. Unfortunately, string breakage is a problem. I've talked to Prince and they recommend a 15 gauge string and no shaped strings as they rub too much against each other. I have found this to be the case. My string of choice now is Ashway Kevalar 17 and Prince contour 15. I also purchased two additional racquets and started doing my own stringing because of frequent tension loss/breakage. This is a case of the string technology has not caught up with the racquet technology yet.

Comments: I really wanted to not like this racquet so I could stay with my Volkl PB 10 Mid. However, the more I use it, the more I'm finding that it suits my game. Forehand wise, with my stoke, it's great with the open string pattern for the added spin. I was actually expecting huge amounts of extra spin, but it really wasn't that much more. at least, it didn't seem that way. My one handed backhand is my favorite stroke, and I absolutely love the feel with the PB 10 Mid. With this racquet though, this is the worst feeling shot even though my shots do have that added margin. Slice backhands were also very blech, to give it a technical term. I don't know if it's the lower swing weight or what, but I felt as if I had to really swing faster. When it is swung fast enough, movement of the ball is excellent. Actually, in all shots, I felt i couldn't slow down my swing to really take advantage of what the racquet had to offer. I guess I would categorize this in the touch and feel section. Of course, definitely not as much feel as the Volkl but it offered enough. The feel of the racquet wasn't as smooth, even with the softer flex, but it also translated into poorer execution of angled and touch shots. At the same time, I think the racquet allows for safer shots then. To me, it translates into more control from the stringbed versus having control from the smaller frame -- this is something that is completely subjective to each person. Volleys were fine. nothing to report there. I added a leather grip, and this helped to add to a more head light racquet. The handle itself is definitely more rectangular, which i like, and is also very similar to Volkls in that way. it does have that weird whistling sound, but it's pretty whatever. I think this stick as actually very unattractive looking. However, to each their own. Lastly, the shot that really forces me to use this racquet more is the serve. Definitely easier to swing through and allows for safer serves with some spin, especially in a match situation. Overall, if you're used to the PB 10 Mid and looking to get something with a little larger headsize, I'd recommend at least demoing this guy.
From: Ian, 4/14

Comments: I am very surprised TW gave this racquet an overall rating of just 78 and specially some opinions like "not enough stable against big hitters" make me laugh. Of course if you are at the pro level and need some more wight you can put some lead type but even in stock form Tour ESP is ultra playable frame, stable enough to resist 110 mph serves with ease. During the past month I've played many times against a 6.0 tournament player (friend of mine) and even his huge groundstrokes didn't push around this racquet at all. Other negative comments like "missing feel for touch shots" are pretty individual and could be solved very easy by replacing the original grip with leather grip as I did (this will increase stability, too). This racquet could be customized very easy according to your needs just in few minutes. The right choice of string and tension could make huge difference in the performance (basically this racquet is created for poly strings). You will never feel any harsh vibrations and your arm will be in perfect condition even after very long sessions. If you are looking for extremely forgiving racquet with huge amount of spin, mixed with right blend of stability, maneuverability, control and power, give this a try! I am a big fan of Volkl and during the past several years my racquet of choice is PB 10 Mid. I am addicted to it. After I demoed Prince Tour ESP I found that it's created with such rare combination of right specifications I've found in only a handful of racquets I've tested till today.
From: Fedex, 1/14

Comments: Fantastic racquet. Comfortable, forgiving, great for return of serves and groundstrokes. However I'm finding, unlike other racquets I've used, the strings (the ones provided with the racquet) lose tension pretty quickly, at which point it's a bit of a dead, lifeless, useless old thing.
From: Col, 1/14

Comments: The Prince Tour 98 ESP is an excellent racquet that gives me unparalleled access to spin! I am a 4.5 all court player who plays several times a week. I found great control, power and touch from this racquet. It does an excellent job of pocketing the ball, and is very arm friendly. However, the single greatest aspect is the access to spin -- from kickers, slices, topspin -- you ask for it, you get it from this great new racquet. The color combination is also very cool! Contrary to some reviews, string breakage is not a problem. I have been using Prince Tour polyester with no problem. I highly recommend this stick!

Comments: Fantastic new spin machine from Prince. Good control, great spin and plenty of power. The head light design makes it very quick at the net. Just be aware this stick is also a string eating machine. I strung with the identical setup as I have played with my Babolot Aeropro Drive for the last 2 years. I have never broke a string in my Aeropro, but with the new Tour ESP the strings were only lasting 2-3 hours, with one set lasting 45 minutes. These were 17 gauge strings and I am now experimenting with the same strings at 16 gauge. I must like the racquet, I am here to buy my third one.
From: Ken, 1/14

Comments: Well, I really wanted to like this racquet, given the very cool graphics and racquet design. Unfortunately, after about six hours of hitting, serving, and playing with the racquet, I started to develop a case of tennis elbow. This hasn't happened to me in a very long time, ever since I changed to the EXO3 Rebel 98, which I love. Stopped hitting with this new, "improved" version and started to feel better almost immediately. I think for me, the extra weight, plus the headlight configuration resulted in my increased number of mishits, vibrations, etc. which ultimately impacted my elbow. I have decided to stick with the Rebel 98 for now, although I do believe a number of people will really like this racquet. It's just not for me.
From: Andy, 12/13

Comments: My new racquet of choice. I love this "savage banana" and even love it more after a slight modification where I added eight 4 inch strips of lead under the bumper guard (four at 10 and four at 2). I counterbalanced that with an overgrip and now I have it at the perfect weight (about 343 grams) and balance (about 3 pts HL). I am able to handle really heavy balls when I am receiving and I can serve monsters when it's my turn to dish out the pain.
From: Juice, 12/13

Comments: Whoa! Power, spin and precision. Huge open string pattern still provides plenty of control, but ups the ante in power and spin. I'm using 17 gauge strings and after over 8 hours am expecting breakage, but there is none. I would rate this racquet 8.5/10. It's a serious stick for heavy hitters. Highly recommended.
From: Benny, 12/13

Comments: Are you kidding me? TW gave this a 78 overall? This is by far superior than the BLX Six One 95 in every category. Now this is a spin monster. Soft feel, good ball pocketing, great depth, great control. I'd give it a 90 out of 100. This surpasses the APD Babalot for ultimate playability in my book.
From: GS, 12/13

Comments: Awesome racquet!
From: Terry, 10/13

Andy Gerst
Mark Boone
Prince EXO3 Grommets
Prince Double Bridge
Prince ESP (Extreme String Pattern)
Prince Modern Player's Racquets
Prince Tennis Racquets
Spencer Boller

Babolat Pure Drive Roddick Racquets
Head Graphene Radical Pro Racquets
One Strings Spin Deeper 315g Racquet 14x19
Tecnifibre TFight 315 Ltd. TP ATP 16 Main Racquets
Wilson Blade 98 (16x19) Racquet
Yonex EZONE Ai 98 Racquets (Ivanovic)