Prince Tour 100 (16x18) Racquets Customer feedback

Comments: After developing arm issues with Babolat frames, I switched to this racquet and couldn't be happier. I have a full bed of Volkl Cyclone (a poly) strung at 45 lbs and not only have my arm issues gone away, but my game has risen. I get spin and depth. My serve has more power and more kick. If you have had any type of arm issues you have to try this stick!

Comments: Amazing. This is a potencial gem. Ultra comfortable because of its flex, balance and O-ports. It is also pretty stable for a sub 11 ounce racquet. I almost forgot the great spin. After some more weight and strung with NXT string it plays like a monster. 4.5 NTRP.

Comments: Agree on the fact that this racquet is for anyone with elbow issues. Set it up with a thin multi like NXT, it plays like a dream, with enough pop and never lack of spin. Have not tried hybrid combo. I suspect it will play well. But I have tried full poly at 50 lbs and I could feel some tingling sensation in my arms. There is actually no advantage switching to poly with this racquet except that it is more durable. Nothing like a good old graphite with lots of modern crisp feel.

Comments: The Prince Tour 100 is nothing short of spectacular. I'm a 4.5 player, and I've played with several racquets over the past 20 years, usually "players racquets" (like the Wilson 6.1, Dunlop 300g, etc.). My two most recent racquets were the Babolat Storm and Wilson PS (the one with spin technology). The Prince Tour 100, in my opinion, surpasses all of these racquets in pretty much every category. It's a little more powerful that most other players racquets, much more comfortable, and just as stable. Where it really shines, however, is in its generous sweetspot. Maybe it's my age, but I feel like I hit more ball just outside of the sweetspot than I used to, and the Tour 100 is much more forgiving than any other racquet I've used. Very highly recommended

Comments: I have now had a chance to thoroughly test the new Prince Tour 100 16x18. As I said earlier, the feel is very similar to the EXO model. This new model is slightly stiffer, giving it slightly better directional control. Switching from the EXO to the Tour requires no effort what so ever. Some players have commented that the Tour is not very powerful on the serve. I rely on good technique in order to get power. Just look at the top players technique. I am a previous top 10 sectional player and coach both international and nationally ranked players and they serve very hard due to the frequency of their practice and their technique. Stiffer racquets will help you on the power side, but good technique is really the key to a good and effective serve. The Tour is really nice when it comes to spin and control. I also love volleying with this stick, there is just so much feel. Sometimes I make a lot of drop shots just because making them with the Tour just feels so good. For me this is the perfect all-court stick. Smashes snd slices are also good with this stick, you just need the right strings to get the most out of it. I have been testing it with the Prince Synthetic Gut with Duraflex 16 guage, which is not my regular string. This is my stick of choice now. When playing on slow European clay this stick is just so comfortable and easy to hold long rallies with. When attacking you can really swing through your shots with confidence. I normally use a multi in this racquet and will soon be replacing the present string with some Technifibre threads (XR-1). This stick works great with a poly or a hybrid, just a great stick. This frame is designed for the player who uses the entire court. This is also the best stick for players with arm issues. If the feel seems a little too mute then just give it a couple of weeks and I think you will be pleasantly surprised how sweet this piece of art will perform.
From: Hayward, 8/14

Comments: Great racquet. I just started testing it but after having previously played with the EXO3 100, I feel that the feel is very similar. This model is slightly stiffer than the EXO model but stll very flexible and comfortable. I will do a full update on the results of my test later.
From: Hayward, 7/14

Comments: Absolutely love this racquet -- it's great from the baseline and so comfortable. I would recommend this if you supply your own power. It has really helped my game, now I just need another one for backup.
From: JC, 5/14

Comments: Having come from long time success with both the Wilson Blade 98 and AeroPro Drive racquets I started to unfortunately develop some shoulder tendinitis either from the stiff frames and polys or the combination that I'm approaching my mid-30s. If I wanted to keep playing with the frequency and level I play I had to makes some changes. After some research and recommendations from my coach who plays the 18x20 version the Tour line from Prince came on to my radar. I decided to try the 16x18 for the additional spin and power which suits my style of play. I took the plunge and ordered a pair and after a small adjustment period I'm so glad I made the switch -- never have I found a racquet to be this flexi and comfortable with still the perfect amount of controlled power, spin and with a thin beam classic feel designed for modern strokes. With gut mains and Lux 4G crosses I'm happy to report I can play for hours, multiple days in a row and not have a single shoulder pain or dead arm feel afterwards like I would with the previous racquets. My level of play also increased not just because of the racquet but for the fact I can swing out without fear of the pain later and the consistency of having a fresh arm each time out. Thank you Prince for this amazing frame -- the matching pair I ordered from TW was perfectly matched to the gram and I plan on stocking up! If you struggle with any pain at all or just looking for the antidote to the stiff racquets that are so popular these days do yourself a favor and order one with gut mains and poly cross and spend some time with it -- you won't look back!

Comments: I just purchased the Prince Tour 100 16x18 and played with the frame for a few hitting sessions. The racquet is very low powered and the balls near the top of the frame feel dead and boardy. The ball feel is horrible and it's very hard to gauge your shots. I strung the racquet with a multi at 57 lbs and the sweetspot felt small and unpredictable. You have to swing very hard to generate any depth on your shots. I am a 4.5 baseline that has tried many player's frames such as the Prestige, Pro Staff, Prof Staff Classic, Volkl C10 Pro and the Head Classic. The Prince Tour is not in the classic frame category. I will stay with the Boris Becker Delta Core London whicht is much more user friendly. Overall, I am quite disappointed with this frame.
From: Ken, 5/14

Comments: This racquet is quite an improvement over the original EXO3 16x18. The original was so flexy that the upper hoop was completely dead and the head had a bad fluttering effect when hitting slightly off center. These problems are gone and what remains is pure ball striking perfection. Still very soft and low-powered, but now the lead tape fixes are no longer required. To Robert who commented first, you should lose the poly string with your shoulder issues. Try a multi or natural gut in the mid 50s.

Comments: Coming off a rotator cuff injury (no surgery) -- all I have been doing is hitting grounders with a friend for the past few months once a week. No serving at all until another friend told me about this one with its flex rating. The flex is awesome the weight is perfect but the all poly strings even though it's recommended I may try a different setup. Still a little tightness in the shoulder but I have been using it now for a month and I can serve again. Not back at 100% but this one will get me back. This racquet does it all extremely well and will improves your game as well it is deadly accurate.
From: Robert, 2/14