Babolat Pure Strike Tour Racquets Customer feedback

Comments: Great racquet -- very stable because of the heft which allows for great control. You need to be strong to use this racquet. Especially if you are playing matches and playing for an extended period of time. Previous reviews I have read all have referenced the fact that it can overwhelm a weaker player. Without upper body, forearm, and shoulder strength you are going to go nowhere. Your forehand and serve and all aspects of your game will be weak if you can't handle this racquet. Basically if you aren't strong, don't use this racquet. When I serve and hit groundstrokes with this racquet, I am hitting hard and it's exactly what I like to see and feel. But then again I regularly work out and I am a young and strong player with a power game. I want to bring your attention to the poster below, "Spike", who is described as a 60 year old female: I'm extremely surprised that a 60 year old female can handle this racquet. Most of the testers are male and based on some reviews I've read, you need to be really strong to wield this consistently.

Comments: Awesome racquet! I have been playing with it for about 2 weeks. Yesterday, I tried hitting a few balls with my previous racquet and realized all over again how far superior the Babolat Pure Strike Tour is. Stability, solidity, control, and power. I have it strung with Gamma Professional 18 gauge at 57 lbs. I am a 4.0 female over 60 year old player with a one handed slice backhand and flat ball forehand.
From: Spike, 4/14

Comments: Better than any racquet I've ever used. I'm an old Head Prestige MP user for many years. This new Babolat Pure Strike Tour is far and away the best technology ever. The control is beyond description. I played with it the first time today. I found power on demand. I found control. Few balls sprayed long or wide. Everything was inside the lines and with brutal pace. Hard to find words to describe how awesome this racquet is.
From: BK, 4/14

Comments: This is an absolutely incredible racquet. Babolat hit this one out of the park. I've never really been a fan of Babolats they are way to stiff and overpowered. I was torn between keeping my wilson 6.1 95 18x20 or making the switch to this racquet. When I went on the court and played a match with the Pure Strike and immediately felt a better fit. The spin, control, and power are perfect for my game. I added a leather grip because I felt there was too much weight in the hoop. After adding the leather grip the racket is a gem. I have it strung with Luxilon 4G 16L at 57 lbs.
From: Kyle, 4/13

Comments: Best racquet! Better than the AeroPro and Pure Drive. Lots of control, power, and stability. Serves and groundstrokes are amazing.

Comments: Tremendous frame. Babolat nailed it with this one. I am a long term Wilson 6.1 user with long fast swings and found this frame absolutely perfect for my game. I will be making the switch to Babolat which I never thought I would. Outstanding control, feel, power and spin. Very easy on my arm as well. Strung with a multi at 60 lbs. Will probably try it with poly as eventually.
From: Dave, 3/14

Comments: I was using the Wilson Blade 93, but not any more! This is probably the best racquet on the market right now. It has given me extreme power to my shots, and when paired with the right combo of strings, it can be your opponent's worst nightmare. I use RPM Blast 16 in the mains at 60 lbs and Xcel 16 or Luxilon ALU Power Rough in the crosses, both at 58 lbs. It is a perfect combo!
From: Ronald, 3/14

Comments: I have played with it twice now and it has matched or increased every stroke in my arsenal. I have been using APD for a number of years and although it was great for spin it hurt my arm and wasnt great at flattening shots out to punch holes in opponents defense. The Tour has such a solid, muted feel I have left the xcel strings in rather than use poly like usual. It also looks incredible.
From: Tony, 3/14

Comments: A perfect balance between control and power. When paired with the right strings and the right tension (which in my case is Xcel 17 on the mains at 6 0lbs and RPM Bllast 17 in the crosses at 57 lbs), the racquet is amazing. For volleys I find it forgiving enough to boost confidence and for groundstrokes it is a reliable weapon. Before switching 2 weeks ago to this racquet, I had played with the K90 for the last 7 years. The final decision was between this racquet and Head YOUTEK Graphene Radical Pro. The Pure Strike tour won in the end.
From: Faisal, 3/14

Comments: I am currently using the Pure Storm (10.4) and tried both the 10.8 and the 11.3. With my fast and long swing strokes, the Pure Strike Tour provided the best results. Serves were faster, ground strokes (topspin, flat and slice) landed deeper with an increase in speed and spin, volleys were crisper, overheads were more lethal. I did notice that I have to work a little with this racquet on drop shots. Overall a much better racquet performance compared to the Pure Storm. After playing with the Tour for a few weeks, it was hard to switch back to the Storm (I kept shanking balls). I am definitely switching to this racquet. I am a 5.0 player and play both singles and doubles.
From: Nora, 2/14

Comments: Just finished a demo with this racquet and was very happy. Much more sturdy and forgiving than the standard 18x20 Pure Strike. Great on serves, forehand, and volleys at the net. Because of the swing weight, it made returns of serve very easy for just a quick return but still get depth on the ball. Only complaint was my one-handed back hand felt a little sluggish also due to the weight (but could be my poor form as well). I think this will be my next purchased racquet!
From: Preston, 2/14

Comments: By far the best frame you will ever hit with!
From: Aaron, 1/14

Comments: Great racquet! I've been playing with it for a few weeks now, first serve is a killer! Very stable, helps a lot with one-handed backhand and volleys. Still adjusting to the weight (used to play with a Pure Storm). Strung with Luxilon hybrid at 53 pounds. Cosmetics are just great!
From: Vitaliy, 1/14

Comments: Amazing frame. Control, power, and feel is all there. Also the paint job is just wonderful.

Comments: Hit a demo of this one for an hour last week and found it to be a great frame. Control is awesome, feel is great, power is always there on reserve as you can swing with such confidence. Was strung with Sonic Pro Poly, but comfort was good -- no arm pain. Better control than my Pure Storm and better pop than my Prestige Mid, what more can you ask for? Maybe 16x19 string pattern.
From: Mateo, 1/14