Babolat Pure Strike Tour Racquets Customer feedback

Comments: I demoed this racquet and really enjoyed it, or so I thought. After I bought the Pure Strike Tour and used it for a few weeks I could not take it anymore. My first serve suffered, off center hits were very unforgiving, and I couldn't generate the spin I wanted. I decided to switch to the APD and it is amazing -- newer isn't always better. Babolat did it right with the APD. Of course, the paint job on the Pure Strike Tour is the best out there, but the performance didn't do it for me!
From: Stello, 9/14

Comments: I had been hitting with a Prestige Classic Mid for the past two summers in the hopes of building up arm and wrist strength as well as forcing myself to swing with better form etc. I finially decided I wanted to see if all the work had really paid off, so I went to a racquet club to test out a few racquets, once I got my hands on this stick I didn't want to let go. It had close to the buttery feel my mid had when I hit the sweet spot, which is saying quite a lot, but on top of that it had quite a bit more power, forgiveness, and maneuverability than the prestige. It also had much more spin potential which is what I was looking for because of the difficulty I had creating any on my backhand with the prestige. I ended up going with this stick over the Head Extreme Pro, which was also a great racquet, just didn't have the crispness that the strike tour had, especially on the flat penetrating shots. Overall, very impressed by Babolat with this racquet, paint job is slick but naturally I dropped it in my first game with it and now theres a couple chips missing, go figure.
From: Kevin, 8/14

Comments: This is the best 18x20 racquet I've ever used it's like a modern/better ProTour 630. Few racquets play better then the specs suggest, but this is one of the rare ones. Other then the high swing weight and lowish balance, no stick has given me the confidence to swing as free and just rip a ball yet plant it where ever I want. This is like no Babolat I've ever tried and I'm going to stock up on this gem!
From: DH, 8/14

Comments: I have moved from the Pure Drive Roddick to this. It is the best Babolat frame ever. An excellent mix of power and control. Amazing slices.

Comments: After reading all the great reviews, I decided to not spend any "demo" time and move immediately to purchase. These frames are simply sublime. Like a sports car, they demand attention, but the payout is nothing I have seen/felt/experienced before. It's precise on every shot. Volleys, slices, backhands and kick serves are shots where I saw an immediate upgrade. Babolat (to me) was always a brand of racquets that were too stiff for my 45 year old arm, but there are no signs of tennis elbow with this frame, and I am cracking on my forehands and flat serves. I had my tennis pro string one with gut mains and RPM Blast on the crosses, and the other with Black Widow. When I'm feeling like taking a big bite out of the ball, and the conditions are dry, the Black Widow pattern suits me fine, and when I want to focus on control above all else, the hybrid job does the job. Try this racquet; you'll love it! I'm a 4.5 on a good day.
From: Arne, 6/14

Comments: I demoed this frame alongside the Yonex V-Core Tour G and the new Graphene Head Radical. It was a toss-up between this frame and the Yonex Tour G. The Tour G had better direction with slices. But I opted out for the power I get with this stick. I was never a fan of Babolat before they made this frame, I find their frames to feel hollow. But I'm glad I tried this one; the great combo of control and power made me switch. I bought 3 of these immediately.
From: Frankie, 6/14

Comments: I demod this stick for a day. Very stable against hard, spin hitters. If you are strong and have a problem returning balls against hard hitting guys, you have to try this thing. You can flaten any ball you want. My one-handed backhand is amazing with this one. Directional control is great. First serve was great. Second serve kick was not as high as with the Nadal stick, but still decent. Amazing access to spin with a dense pattern. I was amazed with the generous sweet spot for a dense patern stringed with a poly. If you are strong and have flat strokes, this stick will be a night mare for your opponents.
From: Pete, 6/14

Comments: I've been using this racquet since the beginning of this year, I am quite happy with them. They feel like the heavy version of Wilson Blade 98. The racquets have many advantages, however, there are three major problems with them in my opinion. Firstly, the heavy swingweight made me feel tired after 2 sets. Secondly, because of the balance of the racquets, I hit the ball in the net more often, so I have to adjust my swing style a little bit. Thirdly, I have troubles with my volley with this racquet. However, this racquet is a good attempt by Babolat and they are quite successful in terms of the feel, paint job of the racquets.
From: Tao, 6/14

Comments: Great racquet! Perfect mix between power and control. Excellent stability. Best frame in the market!
From: Alexandre, 5/14

Comments: After reading up and demoing this racquet extensively, my analysis for this racquet is that, depending on your intensity level, you do need to be strong to handle this racquet.
From: SL, 4/14

Comments: This racquet is a dream, smooth as silk and slices through the ball like a hot knife through butter! Ladies, don't be intimidated by this racquet.
From: SLK, 4/14

Comments: This is a great racquet. I have been playing with the Slazenger Pro Braided and I like it but I thought I would demo some newer racquets. So I tried this with the Pure Control Tour, the Djokovic Head Speed Pro, and the Volkl Power Bridge. I couldn't let go of this Pure Strike. Everything about it seemed perfect to me. The serve got the lowest score in the TW review but I serve great with it and I don't feel like it should have a lower score on serve. If I had to pick a standout feature though it would be the directional control. I will say you need a healthy arm and you need to be pumped up and ready to play hard with this one. If you are you will be rewarded. I bought one and got the free Babolat Pro Hurricane string at 58 lbs and I like it, but the racquet recommends RPM Blast/Xcel and it probably would play a little better than the Hurricane.

Comments: So much control! I immediately felt like I could put it anywhere I wanted it to go. You absolutely have to be strong and not afraid to swing hard. It feels very heavy after about two hours of playing but it is worth it for how well this racquet plays. I have won my first two college matches after switching from a Pure Drive 2013 to this racquet.
From: Zane, 4/14

Comments: Great racquet -- very stable because of the heft which allows for great control. You need to be strong to use this racquet. Especially if you are playing matches and playing for an extended period of time. Previous reviews I have read all have referenced the fact that it can overwhelm a weaker player. Without upper body, forearm, and shoulder strength you are going to go nowhere. Your forehand and serve and all aspects of your game will be weak if you can't handle this racquet. Basically if you aren't strong, don't use this racquet. When I serve and hit groundstrokes with this racquet, I am hitting hard and it's exactly what I like to see and feel. But then again I regularly work out and I am a young and strong player with a power game.

Comments: Awesome racquet! I have been playing with it for about 2 weeks. Yesterday, I tried hitting a few balls with my previous racquet and realized all over again how far superior the Babolat Pure Strike Tour is. Stability, solidity, control, and power. I have it strung with Gamma Professional 18 gauge at 57 lbs. I am a 4.0 female over 60 year old player with a one handed slice backhand and flat ball forehand.
From: Spike, 4/14

Comments: Better than any racquet I've ever used. I'm an old Head Prestige MP user for many years. This new Babolat Pure Strike Tour is far and away the best technology ever. The control is beyond description. I played with it the first time today. I found power on demand. I found control. Few balls sprayed long or wide. Everything was inside the lines and with brutal pace. Hard to find words to describe how awesome this racquet is.
From: BK, 4/14

Comments: This is an absolutely incredible racquet. Babolat hit this one out of the park. I've never really been a fan of Babolats they are way to stiff and overpowered. I was torn between keeping my wilson 6.1 95 18x20 or making the switch to this racquet. When I went on the court and played a match with the Pure Strike and immediately felt a better fit. The spin, control, and power are perfect for my game. I added a leather grip because I felt there was too much weight in the hoop. After adding the leather grip the racket is a gem. I have it strung with Luxilon 4G 16L at 57 lbs.
From: Kyle, 4/13

Comments: Best racquet! Better than the AeroPro and Pure Drive. Lots of control, power, and stability. Serves and groundstrokes are amazing.

Comments: Tremendous frame. Babolat nailed it with this one. I am a long term Wilson 6.1 user with long fast swings and found this frame absolutely perfect for my game. I will be making the switch to Babolat which I never thought I would. Outstanding control, feel, power and spin. Very easy on my arm as well. Strung with a multi at 60 lbs. Will probably try it with poly as eventually.
From: Dave, 3/14

Comments: I was using the Wilson Blade 93, but not any more! This is probably the best racquet on the market right now. It has given me extreme power to my shots, and when paired with the right combo of strings, it can be your opponent's worst nightmare. I use RPM Blast 16 in the mains at 60 lbs and Xcel 16 or Luxilon ALU Power Rough in the crosses, both at 58 lbs. It is a perfect combo!
From: Ronald, 3/14

Comments: I have played with it twice now and it has matched or increased every stroke in my arsenal. I have been using APD for a number of years and although it was great for spin it hurt my arm and wasnt great at flattening shots out to punch holes in opponents defense. The Tour has such a solid, muted feel I have left the xcel strings in rather than use poly like usual. It also looks incredible.
From: Tony, 3/14

Comments: A perfect balance between control and power. When paired with the right strings and the right tension (which in my case is Xcel 17 on the mains at 6 0lbs and RPM Bllast 17 in the crosses at 57 lbs), the racquet is amazing. For volleys I find it forgiving enough to boost confidence and for groundstrokes it is a reliable weapon. Before switching 2 weeks ago to this racquet, I had played with the K90 for the last 7 years. The final decision was between this racquet and Head YOUTEK Graphene Radical Pro. The Pure Strike tour won in the end.
From: Faisal, 3/14

Comments: I am currently using the Pure Storm (10.4) and tried both the 10.8 and the 11.3. With my fast and long swing strokes, the Pure Strike Tour provided the best results. Serves were faster, ground strokes (topspin, flat and slice) landed deeper with an increase in speed and spin, volleys were crisper, overheads were more lethal. I did notice that I have to work a little with this racquet on drop shots. Overall a much better racquet performance compared to the Pure Storm. After playing with the Tour for a few weeks, it was hard to switch back to the Storm (I kept shanking balls). I am definitely switching to this racquet. I am a 5.0 player and play both singles and doubles.
From: Nora, 2/14

Comments: Just finished a demo with this racquet and was very happy. Much more sturdy and forgiving than the standard 18x20 Pure Strike. Great on serves, forehand, and volleys at the net. Because of the swing weight, it made returns of serve very easy for just a quick return but still get depth on the ball. Only complaint was my one-handed back hand felt a little sluggish also due to the weight (but could be my poor form as well). I think this will be my next purchased racquet!
From: Preston, 2/14

Comments: By far the best frame you will ever hit with!
From: Aaron, 1/14

Comments: Great racquet! I've been playing with it for a few weeks now, first serve is a killer! Very stable, helps a lot with one-handed backhand and volleys. Still adjusting to the weight (used to play with a Pure Storm). Strung with Luxilon hybrid at 53 pounds. Cosmetics are just great!
From: Vitaliy, 1/14

Comments: Amazing frame. Control, power, and feel is all there. Also the paint job is just wonderful.

Comments: Hit a demo of this one for an hour last week and found it to be a great frame. Control is awesome, feel is great, power is always there on reserve as you can swing with such confidence. Was strung with Sonic Pro Poly, but comfort was good -- no arm pain. Better control than my Pure Storm and better pop than my Prestige Mid, what more can you ask for? Maybe 16x19 string pattern.
From: Mateo, 1/14