Wilson Pro Staff 95S Racquet Customer feedback

Comments: I just demo'd this racquet. First thing I noticed is how quickly it moves through the air, making it possible to meet the ball earlier. With it I have more options of shots to hit, more top, and can crush medium high balls flat inside the baseline. It has a plush feel, very forgiving feel. Serves kick high and I can hit hard and flat as well. Placement is superb. I feel I can make use of every lesson I've ever had with this racquet.
From: Lorenzo, 4/14

Comments: Excellent racquet. My friend bought one of these and strung MSV Hex at 55 lbs. I played with it myself and enjoyed the excess spin. It takes a little getting used to, but after that the racket feels heavenly. Very easy to knife those slices. I particularly felt the effect of this racket even more while playing against it. All the balls for dropping just inside baseline and I had hard time returning them. My friend kept running me around. However, just a word of caution -- the strings broke after one session. Better to use thicker (15 or 16) gauge strings. Cant wait to try 15 gauge wilson ripspin on this and test the durability.
From: Vishal, 4/14

Comments: I hit with semi-western grip. After making too many unforced errors with Pro Staff 90, I switched to Aero Pro drive for 3 years. Most of my opponents would loose the point if they go into a clean baseline to baseline rally with me but in any other pattern I felt lost. Now that I have a Pro Staff 95S I feel I am in total control of my game. I started to use short angles with pace and with less fear of missing the area. I better now how much pace and spin the ball has and where the ball is going. I dont feel shocked from loss of energy when I smash the ball after a serve or a groundstroke. I feel calmer and conscious. When the ball is close to the net I know all options are open to me with a lot less fear of messing the situation up. Even when I cant hit a good volley the ball stays low with this racquet. Yes, it occasionaly felt wobbly but it changed nothing from the shot. If you like to play with top, under and side spin mostly then I think this would be the right choice and the perfect weight.
From: Yigit, 3/14

Comments: I have been using the KFactor Six One Tour 90 for many years and switched to this racquet a few weeks ago. In comparing with the Six One Tour, this racquet obviously generates less power but in exchange for more spin on both my forehand and backhand. The feeling of hitting is not as 'crispy' as the Six One Tour but still comfortable enough. Not sure how other players feel, it seems that it has a clean feel on spin. I use Razor Code 18 for both my racquets.
From: Vinchi, 3/14

Comments: I just hit with this string pattern one time but when I did I felt balls would fly out when trying to flatten balls out. I hit with lots of topspin too but like to flatten out when the opportunity presents itself. 16x15 just seems not to work with wanting to flatten out balls. 16x18 even is tough. I will give it a real go again after these posts and check it out.
From: Russ, 3/14

Comments: I wrote a review on this stick once before, but now I have played with it more. I am a 5.0 spin oriented player. It has great spin but feels wobbly compared to my 90 with added weight. I added a small bit of weight in the throat, buttcap, handle and end of the head. The frame already feels more stable. I'm hitting more spin and power with the added weight. Serving is a dream. My kick serve was already my go-to serve but now it's better than ever. My only complaint remains that the off the wall weight is too low (but that may just be my preference).
From: Connor, 3/14

Comments: Such a great stick. I'm a user of the regular PS95 (2012 version) and just demoed the 95S this week. It's very similar to the regular 95 and has that great Pro Staff feel. The difference, however, is that the racquet feels a little more lively. My balls were going deeper and I could really hit out on it without worrying about the ball going long. Serves were great, especially the kick serve, which was jumping up a lot. My one complaint is that slice tends to float a little bit too much, but still can be sharp if you hit it right. I also think that it is ridiculous that this racquet costs $219. Over all, it is an amazing stick and I am contemplating the idea of switching to it.

Comments: This is my second racquet. The spin this racquet produces is crazy. I can place the ball deep in the court without worry the ball getting out! From my first hit, I can tell the feel is incredible. I expect more power, however spin technology made up the loss on power. Overall, I am very satisfied with this racquet. I play with Babolat RPM Blast 58 lbs.
From: Vincent, 2/14

Comments: I've been using a Wilson 90 for the last 15 years. I've honeymooned with various sticks, but i've always come back to my 90s. Well, the racquet that has made me finally move on is the 2014 Wilson Pro Staff 95S. This may be the best frame i've ever hit with. The only modifying I did was adding a leather grip and now it is perfection. So fast through the air with just enough plow through, wicked spin, crazy touch and feel -- the ball just explodes off the string bed. So maneuverable, the weight is ideal as I could change strokes on the fly. I could never do that with my K90. Exceptional topspin off both sides, this stick even retained the knife through butter backhand slice and I could easily flatten the ball out for insane winners. Talk about an extension of one's hand!! I could do whatever I wanted with the ball, with ease. I'm not sure about the folks who said it was too low powered, I found easy access to tons of power. It may be because I'm coming from my K90s. If you're a thin box beam 90 user or even a PS88 or PS85 user, you owe it to yourself to demo this amazing stick if you've ever flirted with the idea of moving up in racquet head size, check this stick out. The stick I purchased had Lux 4g in it at around 50 lbs. Just ordered two more strung with Volkl Cyclone 16g at 48 lbs. My usual specs unless I'm doing a VS gut/Lux hybrid. I'm a 5.0-5.5 player.
From: Nik, 2/14

Comments: I'm 4.0-4.5. It produces heavy topspin, and many times I think the ball is out, and stays in frequently. A few players commented that my ball has more spin, and it's harder to adjust. I can really take a full cut with confidence now. The kick serve has more bite, and serve with side spin curves out a little more. If you want to hit flat balls like old ProStaff, you are looking at a wrong racket. On the other hand, if you want to punish the ball with a lot of spin, this is the racquet. The lighter swing weight allows me to swing fast too. But it's not too light, and in a pinch, it has enough plow through to push the ball deep. My only complaint is that it's not easy to hit back spin with this. You really have to take pace off from slice or else it goes long easily. You have to adjust approach slice/volley shorter than before. You should own a stringing machine. The string would last half of your normal. I demoed before the purchase, and I broke the poly (Lux) from TW in a week.
From: Tai, 2/14

Comments: Very nice racquet. I'm a 4.5 all-court player with a one handed backhand and an eastern forehand. Love the box beam. I've added weight to it to get it around 345g. Very whippy. Not that much added topspin from the spin effect stuff, but when you combine the spin technology with how the frame is built and encourages you to swing then you'll probably end up with faster, loopier spin-producing strokes that will make a noticeable difference in the type of ball you hit. Doesn't really have the "classic" Pro Staff feel, however. Others perceive that it does, but I don't. It's just not as solid and substantial as that. It's also a string-eating monster. If you hit with a lot of spin and play against others who do, then you'll be having to restring more frequently than you have in your life. No kidding. Before you invest in this racquet you really need to consider how you feel about restringing so often. I string my own racquets and I've been using bargain nylon and co-poly for years, so at the moment I'm not bothered by the constant restringing, but you're situation might cause you to feel differently. Oh, the very open pattern makes stringing a breeze. You'll probably be setting record fast stringing times with this racquet. Once again, nice racquet. I transitioned easily from my Tour 90s to this racquet and I'm hitting the ball better than ever. I miss that classic Pro Staff feel, but there's no denying I'm striking the ball better than ever. If you're in the market for a replacement for the demanding Tour 90s, you should probably give this a demo. Now if only I can find a racquet that performs like this, but feels like a real Pro Staff, then my racquet search will be over. Maybe Wilson can fix that in the next few years.

Comments: I am a 5.0 player and I only tried it in a demo and the spin was amazing (54 lbs with Lux Savage black). I imagine with the very open string pattern, the string won't last too long. In my opinion, it is too light though (313g). It felt a little funny when I picked it up. That was probably due to me expecting a Pro Staff to be heavier. If I were to play with it, I would add a good deal of weight to it but that is just my preference. Great stick. Very clean, stable feel to it. Good acceleration/whip. If I were to make the switch, I would be concerned with string life but keep in mind, I'm saying that after using it as a demo and that's all.
From: Connor, 2/14

Comments: Love the feel and extra spin from this new Wilson frame. Can't keep strings in it though. I have tried Lux 4G and Alu Power Rough/natural gut strung at 58 lbs and the strings won't even last 50 minutes.
From: Rich, 1/14

Mark Boone
Wilson ProStaff
Wilson BLX
Wilson Amplifeel
Wilson Spin Effect Technology (S.E.T.)
Wilson Spin Effect Racquet Savings!
Wilson Tennis Racquets

Dunlop Biomimetic M2.0 Racquet
Head Graphene Prestige S Racquets
Prince Tour 98 ESP Racquets
Wilson Blade 98S Racquets
Wilson Six.One 95S Racquet
Yonex EZONE Ai 98 Racquets (Ivanovic)