Wilson Pro Staff 95 Racquet Customer feedback

Comments: Our local pro shop got this one in yesterday and they allowed me to take it out for a spin. I was one of the first to review the BLX Pro Staff 95 a few years ago so I thought I should do this one as well. I'm not sure there is much to distinguish this one (the new Wilson Pro Staff 95) from the somewhat older BLX Pro Staff 95. There is by specification a little different swing weight (new is 308 and the old is 306). The new one is made from Graphite, Kevlar and Basalt and the older one is just the BLX. I was really hoping that this newer version would be an upgrade from the original 6.0 95 -- perhaps 11.9 oz rather than 12.2, 18 or 17.5mm in a straight beam pattern rather than the 19mm in the 6.0 along with the same string pattern. But there just isn't that much difference from the BLX Pro Staff 95 of a few years ago other than the aesthetics of paint. On the court, I couldn't tell any real difference. The weight felt the same, the stroke preparation and ball hitting capability didn't really feel different at all. The set up for both was 4 3/8 grip, string was Babolat RPM 17g with a Babolat dampener and 3 grams of lead tape at the 3 and 9pm locations (PWS bumps). It's a nice stick. It feels good in my hand. But, so does the BLX Pro Staff 95. Why pay $209 when you can still buy the older one for $129 (as of today anyway). If you've got unlimited funds and tennis is your only vice (which describes all of us on this site, right?) then you can certainly spend your money any way you see fit. For the rest of us that have the tennis addiction but need our money to go slightly further -- then just buy the older stick while it lasts. You might look slightly outdated but the stick will play the same. I'm still holding out hope that they bring out an updated version of the Pro Staff 6.0 95 racquet someday. Skill level: 4.5 Style of play: eastern forehand and one handed backhand.

Wilson Pro Staff 95 Racquet - Where to go from here