Wilson Pro Staff 90 Racquet Customer feedback

Comments: Just tested it with TWE (great program) with some poly (@38DT/I would prefer a hybrid). Specs are on paper the same as the BLX PS, but the leather is thinner, and the frame is 3g heavier which feels when you hold it. Also, the grip 4 seemed a bit larger than the BLX. If I buy one I would go for a 3. Among the initial review, I would be close to what K wrote expect on serve which I felt was very solid (poly impact?). Compared to previous version: The racquet is stiffer buy still buttery, more powerful for drilling, better to stab slices, less spinny and less lenght, less manouvrable, so you will net more often while on the move. To some extent it is a bit in the direction back of the K series, which I did not like so much in tube (pipetube feel). But with some great modern feel. My ample opinion more for a powerful baseliner than someone who goes to the net quite often like me. May be with some moding we can make it closer to the BLXPS and even better, with some time. Still compared to the 10s of racquet I have tested (Head, Pacific, Donnay, Dunlop etc.), it is among the best (very difficult to beat the Pro Staff lineage).
From: Denis, 4/14

Comments: This is a racquet is for a player 4.5 and up -- you need technique and strength. If you have it you will love it! Slices are very powerful and deep. This raquet is for the strong players who like to hit powerfully. The way I feel with this racquet is out of this world -- it can manage flat hit, slice, lots of spin. At the net you have the mass to stop a cannonball and get good depth. The serve feels very powerful and you can hit whatever shot you want. This is my raquet of choice -- I have 5 and play very well with them. I am 42 and play 5.0 to 5.5.

Comments: Was very curious to try this frame. Power was low, but had nice precision. Control was also very good. The sweet spot is small, so one have to be very precise. Overall this is my deal: I don't see any reason at all why anybody would want to use this racquet. The great Roger Federer no longer is using this spoon of a racquet with it's 90 square inch frame. He has gone up to a prototype that is 98 square inches, if I'm correct. Not a single pro is using a 90 square inches anymore. If 90 sq.in. racquets have become a liability to the pros and no longer are useful to them, what makes you think that this frame will improve your game? Even Pete Sampras who used the Wilson Pro Staff 85 said that he wished he had gone to a bigger head sized racquet later in his career. A tennis buddy of mine who used this frame switched to the Six.One 95 and loves it!
From: Van, 3/14

Comments: I hit with a demo of this racquet today from my local shop. It was strung with multi-filament and had no lead at the tip as I typically customize to. My impression was that the racquet is a bit crisper than the prior version. The ball seems to jump off the racquet a bit more. By comparison, my prior racquet felt a bit plusher, although in the long line of Pro Staffs, I wouldn't consider the prior version the plushiest (I'd say the one before that was). I believe that with customization and my standard poly for additional spin/control, this racquet would be good to have in my bag for a slightly different feel than the prior version I own. In general, the play is pretty similar but it comes down to preference. If you liked the K90 and the old black Pro Staff 90 Tour, you might like this one. I'm a 4.5 advanced player.
From: Frank, 2/14

Comments: Without lead tape: It has low power (compared to other tour 90's), nice sound off the racquet but no response felt (had a mushy feeling), less maneuverable than the BLX 90, super easy to chip the paint and expose graphite, good slice but not enough topspin, ball kept on slipping on strings, no depth on forehand or backhand compared to the BLX 90, more precision (on hitting in the sweet spot), accuracy and stability on backhand and forehand shots compare to the BLX 90 on volleys, but on groundstrokes the sweet spot felt underpowered. Terrible serves, with the BLX 90 I hit my serves around 100-110 mph, but I couldn't even reach 70 mph, hard to hit flat shots on serve, give a nice slow kicker on serves. With lead tape: 2g at the head, 4g at 9 and 3, with power pads at the throat (which adds weight without changing balance). Good depth on groundstrokes, volleys felt a lot more accurate, backhands had good power with extreme accuracy, serves got a little better (still spiny), sweet spot had more power, good touch, but I couldn't get rid of the terrible dead feel from the racquet. I hate amplifeel tech, if I wasn't looking I wouldn't be able to tell if I hit the ball or not, amplifeel blocks all type of vibration and feel. I might trade this in for a Pro Staff 85, noting beats the Pro Staff 85, it gives me more spin than the AeroPro Drive.
From: K, 2/14

Comments: I play with the Pro Staff 90 BLX. This newer version is a tad stiffer and a tad more power. I had a little more difficulty controlling shots and it didn't seem as forgiving as the BLX..
From: Ron, 1/14

Comments: Excellent racquet, with really solid feel and maneuverability. I've tried the previous version and just didn't like it, it felt too headlight and flimsy. This racquet, on the other hand, was a major improvement and had better stability on off center shots, the overall feel has also improved and felt much cleaner with less vibration but not dampened. It also felt slightly more maneuverable compared to the K90, as my one backhand didn't struggle as much with timing, yet still remained very stable. This racquet also felt very crisp and gave excellent pop even with softer strings. The quality has also improved as I weighed a couple in the shop and they only varied by +/- 2 to 3 grams. I highly recommend trying it out if you can handle the specs, especially if your a Tour 90 fan.

Comments: So I've been waiting for this stick for a while and I finally got to try it out. First off, this does not feel like the last iteration. The plow through that we know and love is back, but with the same level of spin as the BLX Pro Staff. Feel was not bad, yet not great, but the plow through power more than made up for it. I'd have to say it's one of my favorite tour 90s. You could almost say it's a mix the NCode Tour 90 and the KFactor Tour 90.
From: Brent, 1/14