Wilson Pro Staff 100LS Spin Racquet Customer feedback

Comments: Crisp and solid feel. Very fast through the hitting zone. Not mushy like some of the Babolots! Strung it with Babolot Pro Hurricane Tour 17 at 56 lbs.
From: Phil, 7/14

Comments: This is an amazing stick that is exactly as described under the description. The spin is sheer madness and control is exceptional. The kick serve will kick higher, further, and be pretty loaded. For people who hit flat, maybe it won't work as well --but for players who love to hit with all sorts of spin, it's sublime. I literally saw my balls curve beyond the reach of my opponents and continue to skid further away after the bounce. One obvious thing you need to deal with with this stick is that the mains cut real fast. Heavy spinners can expect it to cut through in two to three sets unless you use thicker strings.
From: Young, 6/14

Comments: I demoed five racquets and I think I just found my next racquet. To sum it up, if you want a lot of spin - - then this is it. I've alway been challenged with the kick serve and this racquet definitely helped. The ball feel and control are also good. Since there is no perfect racquet, this one will let you know of any stroke imperfections. I also found the ball had a tendency to fly off -- maybe because of the string pattern, so I tried a higher tension. I suggest you demo this racquet before buying.

Comments: I have the PS 100LS with RipSpin at mid-tension. I tried a variety of racquets before settling in on this. I'm a 3-3.5 player playing both singles and doubles in league. My reaction is that this racquet is excellent for my level and style of play. It hits solid and is very forgiving. There is very little vibration, but one feels the ball contact and leave the strings. Control is great with the Rip Spin strings. I get some extra lift on forehands which I adjusted to, but slice backhands are beautifully flat with lots of backspin. So, for an intermediate player, I think the 100LS is a great stick -- nice control. lots of top spin for taking big cuts at the ball, safely, and it has a great comfortable feel. No complaints by me, I would recommend anyone looking at a PS for the first time to give it a try.
From: Stan, 5/14

Comments: I bought this racquet because I'm 54 and was playing with the 90 Pro Staff. I feel I need a bigger racquet, so I bought this one. Pros: Backhand, serve and return of serve. Cons: I had a hard time controlling my forehand. Also, I got less spin than the 90. I really felt duped by Wilson on this one. I need a racquet with good stability and more power.
From: Tim, 4/14

Comments: Who in the right mind would buy this racquet?! It is awful. No control whatsoever and it hurts my arm because I can swing way too freely. String pattern gives me spin, but even with RPM Blast, I still can't find control. Do not buy this racquet!
From: Nicholas, 4/14

Comments: Was playing with a 10 year old Head Liquidmetal Instinct and a 20 year old original Volkl V1 and decided I was overdue for a new racquet. I'm in my early sixties and play 3.5 doubles on clay so I wanted to try spin racquets to keep serves and ground strokes in the court but also wanted controllable volleys. Demoed the Volkl V1 Pro, Prince Tour 100 T ESP, Head Graphene Radical Pro and S, and Graphene Instinct S, Babolat AeroPro Lite and Wilson ProStaff 100 L. With most of these I could hit anything off the ground and bring it down in the court, the lighter the better. But I also found most either to powerful or too unstable for volleying. The Wilson ProStaff 100 LS gave me just the balance I was looking for: less power than some of the others but I would rather have to swing faster to get depth than have to cut back to keep the ball in the court. The way it volleys really sold me, solid and precise on all but really hard hit balls, and at my level that is only about 10% of what I have to deal with. I'm hitting decent hard spin serves right now, still need to try to hit flat. Finally, coming from the Volkl "comfort" racquet, the Wilson has been okay on my arm. I followed Wilson's recommendation and strung with Luxilon 4G. Process took a while but I am very happy with the Wilson PS 100 LS.

Comments: I got rid of my Blade 93 because I felt that I needed more spin to my game. I looked for racquets that are known for spin and I decided to chose this one. Big Mistake! First of all, the head size and the open string pattern make it extremely difficult to control my shots. My serve definitely had more spin and power to it, but I felt that I could swing too freely due to its light weight. Definitely not the racquet for me. Even though this is switching to more modern styles of play, I would definitely recommend the older Six One Prostaff 95. I now am using the Blade 98 S with RPM Blast 17 in the mains and Xcel 17 in the crosses.

Comments: It's a real Pro Staff! That, in a nutshell, is the bottom line despite misgivings among the purists about the large headsize. It looks a bit clunky as compared to the 90/95 but most certainly has the classic PS feel. The feel on impact is the most plush (for want of a better word) I've ever felt on a racquet and I've had more than a few. Swinging through the air -- a lot more mobile than expected (again compared to the 90/95) due to the light weight but there was slight torsional instablity that was cured with 4 grams of lead tape each at 3 and 9 o'clock. Interesting to see ruled markings at those positions on the frame, almost as if Wilson expected people to lead tape there. No issues with groundies and serves, I grew up on the PS range until age/slowness necessitated a switch to various Babolat Pure Drives. From the first hit, I was at home and I wondered why I left. A comment on the spin technology: I hit very flat so I can really feel the difference of the string pattern. I complemented this with a spin-friendly string (Toalson Rencon Devil Spin 17g) and when dialed in, it feels out of this world, literally. That said, it takes a bit of getting used to in terms of slight trampoline effect (controllable) and slices still need a bit of work. I'm a big fan of this technology so happy to learn to adjust. All in, a most excellent addition to the PS line for ageing warriors. I'll be looking to get a second frame soon.
From: D, 2/14

Standard Length Tweener Tennis Racquets
Wilson ProStaff
Wilson BLX
Wilson Amplifeel
Wilson Spin Effect Technology (S.E.T.)
Wilson Tennis Racquets

Babolat AeroPro Lite Racquets
One Strings Spin Deeper 300g Racquet 14x19
Prince Tour 100T ESP Racquets
Prince Warrior 100L ESP Racquets
Tecnifibre TFight 295 MP Racquets
Yonex EZONE Ai Lite Racquets (Lime)