Prince Classic Response 97 Racquets Customer feedback

Comments: Great players racquet, maybe a bit too light. I'm used to playing with a POG Mid oversize and also Wilson Pro Staff 6.0. But the Response is quite suitable when I am playing doubles or when my arm is a bit tired. The Wilson Pro Staff and all my other Prince racquets (Oh yes! The CTS Approach, Precision, Synergy etc.) weigh a ton. And the Response is very headlight, so no regrets so far! My style of play: serve and volley player (nearly extinct type of play these days). And I strung it with Signum Pro Hyperion 1.24mm at 27 kgs.
From: Ton, 1/16

Comments: I love this racquet. I'm a 4.0 player and have been searching for the "perfect" racquet for years, and had resigned myself to playing my best tennis with old relics from the 80s, but then I picked one of these up used and couldn't be happier -- I ordered 2 more straight away. I've never been too particular about this, but I love the shape of the grip -- I have leather on it now, but it just feels good in the hand, I like the balance too, with a little lead at the tip. It's really made every aspect of my game better -- serve, forehand, backhand (slice and topspin -- one hander for both), overheads, lobs and volleys. Super solid, but easy to whip through the ball as needed. I feel like I can be more aggressive and still keep the ball in, which is always a plus. On top of it all, I like the super simple cosmetic -- nothing flashy -- just simple, but also elegant in its way. So happy!
From: Nick, 1/16

Comments: I think I only played one match with this when I first got it and then I had 10 hours of hitting the new racquet at a tennis camp weekend! The sweet spot feels large, plow through is great, and I'm really consistent with this racquet off the baseline or up at net. Lots and lots of net play at the camp and I was totally surprised that the racquets weight wasn't an issue for me. I'm a 3.5 and would highly recommend Tourna Big Hitter Silver 17's strung at 52 pounds. Note: I demo'd over 12 racquets before I settled on this one and even with the demo racquet I played one of the best games of my life against my perpetually difficult partner - it works for me that well! I only wish it was a little prettier. If Prince decided to offer it with an updated color scheme, I'd buy another.

Comments: You can't please everyone but I don't know why the Response doesn't. Actually, I do. It's not a lightweight racquet with flashy cosmetics and a big promotional budget behind it. But it is a joy to play with and a very good frame. For a certain sort of player (placement over power, all court type) you couldn't ask for more...especially at the price. So I am looking to scoop up all I can from dissatisfied and disgruntled players that don't seem to know what they want. Keep it up, guys.

Comments: Perfect! Playing with it strung with Signum Pro Tornado at 30 lbs! Fantastic performance! Thanks Prince!
From: Andre, 11/15

Comments: Love it! It is very playable and maneuverable through the swing. It feels compact but with a generous sweet spot.

Comments: This is one solid stick. Tons of weight behind shots. Great control. The stability of this racquet is truly impressive. I've never hit with a racquet that feels solid and soft at the same time. On groundstrokes, there is absolutely no stiff feeling. It's more of a stable feel. The weight isn't overbearing at all. Very easy to swing. Serves are great. Again, the weight alone is more than enough to serve bombs down the middle. If there are any downsides to this stick, I'd have to say that sometimes I miss the mark on the sweet spot. But I'm still adjusting to the headsize. Also depth was sort of inconsistent on some of my forehands from time to time. But I feel with more court time, I will be able to adjust that. All in all, a great stick. I'm still toying with string setups, but I think a hybrid would be great on it. (Gut on the mains, poly on the crosses). At this price, it's a steal.
From: Patrick, 11/15

Comments: Add a leather grip/overgrip, natural mains, ALU Rough cross strung at a low tension to unleash its beast mode. Excellent plow and control on all shots. Spin is outstanding.
From: JS, 10/15

Comments: I have been playing with the Classic Response 97 for five months now and enjoying it. Very confortable raquet all around the court. Excellent control and stability. With my personal customizations it weighs 370 grams and the balance point is at 32 cm. I can handle any kind of player with this configuration. Right now I'm using a hybrid but leaning towards a full bed of co-poly at higher tensions. Very satisfied, no arm issues. This raquet worked really well for me! Best raquet I have used for my game!
From: Cris, 9/15

Comments: I have been playing with the old Precision Response for more than 20 years. I posted my review of this frame about a year ago -- I was not impressed. My parting comment was that it would be interesting to see how this frame sells vs. the original Responses. I think the verdict is out. The frame now sells at a heavy discount of $69 which is close to what an original Response can be had for on eBay. So much for Prince's attempt reissue a classic. The previous model was around for years and still sells well. This model seems to be on its deathbed after one year.

Comments: I'm age 25, never competed in tournaments or matches, but I have taken several "advanced" tennis classes and I've played since 17 casually. Loved the control of this racquet not to mention how the handle balance point causes the swing speed to be incredibly fast. All in all, a pretty damn good racquet. I did feel like the sweet spot was decently large, however it was right at the center or closer to the handle, I personally like the sweet spot to be a little further out.
From: Ben, 7/15

Comments: I demo'd this racquet six months ago and commented that I liked it for numerous reasons but did not buy it because it was just slightly too heavy for me. Recently I learned that Tennis Warehouse will search out a lighter frame for a nominal fee. I ordered this frame last week and asked that it not weigh more than 11.7 ounces strung (normally it is 12.0 ounces) Bingo! The fine folks at Tennis Warehouse sent me a strung racquet that came in at 330 grams, a little under 11.7. Perfect! Thank you Tennis Warehouse.

Comments: Major plow though indeed! You may want to string this racquet at higher than the optimum tension (55 lbs), to compensate the "plow through power" to add more control. It is slightly too headlight in stock form, my shots tend to sail away just a bit. To remedy this, either replace the original grip tape with a lighter weight grip tape such as an overgrip or, just add a smidgen of lead tape at the head