Pro Penn Marathon Regular Duty Tennis Balls 24 Can Case Customer feedback

Comments: I'm not a fan of these balls. I've been playing competitive tennis for 35 years and have used many balls for practice and in tournaments. The Marathon ball feels like it's slightly larger in diameter compared to the Wilson US Open ball or the regular Penn or Wilson balls. The felt cover is dense and it feels like the rubber underneath is extra thick. The balls also feel harder and heavier out of the tube than any I've every played with. The sound coming off the strings with this ball is also strange. Heavy feeling and oddly quiet on good contact. Perhaps with the Marathon name they are supposed to be a long lasting practice ball instead of a tournament ball. I will not buy them again.

Comments: I agree with the comment below. My tennis partner brought a can of these balls for our match on clay and even as we warmed up, I immediately noticed the difference. These balls were livelier than what we've been playing with and remained consistent throughout our three hour match. The balls held up extremely well and were still firm when we finished. Think I've found my new clay court ball!
From: AJK, 7/15

Comments: I discovered this ball this summer and I played on a clay court with it. For me, it is an excellent tennis ball, with very nice bounce and good plow through. I highly recommend this tennis ball for clay courts. For indoor season I will try the extra duty version.
From: Gilles, 9/12