Prince Ozone Tour Racquets Customer feedback

Comments: This racquet has not as much as power as others, but its control and its ability of spin outweighs that disadvantage. I use a medium swing and it took awhile to switch to this racquet, but once I did I was able to hit fast ground strokes, volleys, as well as hit 65 mph serves every time for my second serve.

Comments: What a great racquet! I'm coming to this from a Triple Threat Graphite Oversize, and although Prince calls them both an "800" on their power level scale, this one seems to have a lot more pop, especially on ground strokes. Perhaps that's because of the larger ports and more string movement. This racquet is lighter than the Triple Threat Graphite and I was worried it might not be as stable, but I haven't found that to be a problem. This is also more of an even balance than the head-light Triple Threat Graphite, and that seems to make a difference. The Ozone Tour is very stable at the net and from the baseline, with nice plow-through on groundstrokes. The sweet spot does seem a bit smaller than the 107 square inch Graphite, but as long as you hit the sweet spot the combination of spin, power and stability are impressive. I'd recommend this to anyone who prefers a player's frame, regardless of NTRP level.
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour 17, 55 lbs.

Comments:I have been playing with this since it came out. I was playing with Head Radicals before, which were great when I played everyday in college. I love it. I have demoed others and can't seem to find anything better. I have a fast, long swing with a lot of topspin anyway, so this works out well for me as it allows me to really swing through the ball. Though I will say since it does allow for more swing speed, sometimes I do have to slow my swing down a bit or the ball will fly. It's easy to maneuver and well balanced, and has a lot of pop and control on volleys, overheads, and serves. I play a lot of mixed and ladies doubles with hard hitters and I don't have a problem getting it up and ready when my opponents drill the ball to me at the net. Haven't had any arm pain with it. Hope they never quit making this racquet! One piece of advice, string it a pound or two heavier than you normally do because it loosens up pretty quick.
From: Alison, 8/11
String type and tension: Tecnifibre 17 & 18g

Comments: I've been playing with this racquet for about a month now and I am really enjoying it. As long as I swing through the ball I can create tremendous spin and power and am blowing my opponents away. However, on off days when my confidence is low and I'm just trying to push the ball back into play to extend rallies, I have major control issues and my game completely falls apart. This is the first players racquet I've used and I'm really enjoying it as I think my level of play has gone up a couple of notches due to the increased power, spin and depth compared to my old Prince TT Warrior MP 97.
From: Jared, 8/11
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger ALU Rough

Comments: First thing when I hit with this racquet is the dampened feeling when I hit the ball. It will take time to adjust to the feeling, but overall, it provides great spin, control, and feels easy to whip through the ball with the O3 ports.
From: Josh, 7/11
String type and tension: Babolat RPM Blast, 59 lbs
NTRP Rating: 3.5-4.0

Comments: This is a great control racquet. I find that the O ports increase the sweet spot size, therefore is easier to play than other player's racquets. Very fast at the net. Stable for returning hard serves. Excellent comfort. I used a ProKennex Ki5 and this one is comparable for TE problems.
From: Rene. 5/11
String type and tension: Topspin and prince synthetic gut @ 57 lbs

Comments: Comments:Just received the order. Interestingly enough, the weight is only 10.9 oz. All the discussions I have been reading about this racquet, not one of them mentioned a 10.9 oz of this Ozone Tour. Well, I will find it out how it feels after playing.
From: DD, Chicago, IL, USA. 5/11
String type and tension: Solinco Tour Bite 16
(The unstrung weight is 10.9 ounces, whereas the the strung weight is 11.5 ounces, as listed on Tennis Warehouse -TW Staff)

Comments: This is arm friendly and great for top spin. It handles well on volleys and my elbow brace is no longer needed. Excellent price for such quality.
From: J, OR, USA. 4/11
String type and tension: 58-60lbs

Comments: One of the best racquets I have ever bought. My serves are faster then when I used the Pure Drive GT. I also have more spin then the Aero Pro Drive I used to have. Great racquet overall.
From: Kalvin, Union City, CA, USA, 01/11
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger Original 58lbs
NTRP Rating: 4.0+

Comments: I'm a former NCAA DIV I player and club pro. I've played with all of the following sticks: POGs, PS 85, Pro Staff Classic 6.1, Donnay Pro One Int'l mids, Babolat Pure Storm Tours, and many others... this stick by far is the most comfortable that I've used over the last 20 years. I tried it with the rubber grommets and a multi syn gut (Tecnifibre X- One Biphase 18g) around 50 lbs., and there was no vibration at all, however the feel was quite muted for my taste. So, I replaced the rubber grommets with the hard nylon ones, threw in a full co-poly (Tourna big hitter @ 60 lbs) in one stick and a full multi (Prince syn gut multi@ 55 lbs.) in another. Wow- the poly firms this stick up and offers crisp responsive shots. I liked the multi also, however the tension didn't hold as well and after about 2 hours the ball would fly on me. Because this stick is so flexible, as an instructor and a stringer, I would recommend either a poly or a multi strung near 60 lbs. Obviously the poly will hold the tension much better. This stick is soft, with little or no vibration at all. I've suffered with elbow problems my entire career and this stick is very forgiving. Remember, it is a true player's stick and you will have to provide your own power, however with a clean, long swing, you will be rewarded. Great feel on those volleys and drop shots, and plenty of plow for your groundies. Serves and overheads seem to be effortless due to the O ports. The racquet just seems to swing faster than my POGs. This is truly a very nice offering from Prince.
From: Lofty, Philadelphia, PA, USA, 01/11
String type and tension: Tourna Big Hitter 17g @ 60 lbs.
Headsize: 100 sq. inches
NTRP Rating: 5.5 - 6.0

Comments: Very disappointed in this racquet and Prince's line the past few years. I was expecting a player's racquet with at least 8 pts headlight and lower swingweight. Instead the racquet is even weighted and hard to swing through with no feel. There is a lot of hype about the new Prince EXO3 Tour coming out in Jan 2011 but I was told it has the same specs. The Rebel and ignite are tree trunks. No wonder Prince is falling behind Wilson and Head. I'll keep using my Prince Graphite 90's until Prince gets a clue.
From: Brett, Atlanta, GA, USA, 12/10
String type and tension: Prince Syn Gut Duraflex

Comments: Great Racket!! I like the way it is slightly heavier on the top part for more power!! You can really feel when you hit a good shot...very maneuverable! Overall a great racket for play!!
From: PJ, 12/10
Headsize: mid---100in.sq.

Comments: I have the pro tour, which is just slightly different because it has the 18x20 pattern. Honestly, this is an awesome racquet for maximizing spin potential, even with the mp version. Groundstrokes, slices, and kick serves are above the best I have ever done with a single racquet. However, it is powerless but offers good control in return. So for those who can already generate their own power and are just looking for some control...the ozone pro tour is what you need!
From: Justin, San Jose, CA, USA, 12/10
String type and tension: Babolat RPM, 58 lbs.

Comments:I have nicknamed this racket "butter". It is great, has a solid and soft feel. I've tried tons of rackets, but keep coming back to this one. I use a little lead tape at 10 and 2 to give a little more pop. The only problem is I wish it came in the same specs but in a 18x20 pattern so the strings would not break as quick. Even with a poly string aggressive hitting will break the strings too quickly. Hmmm ... wait, how about the new Dunlop 200.
From: Steve, LA, USA, 11/10
String type and tension: Wilson Enduro Pro

Comments: I bought these frames hoping to get a larger sweet spot. The sweet spot is generous as it should be for a 100sqin head size racquet, but no more than other popular frames. The frame plays unique in the since that it feels lighter than it is, but is still relatively stable. The thin beam makes for nice slice and the open string pattern makes it a spin machine. Gives a muted and low powered feel that I like. Ultimately it felt too big and too light going from a 93sqin 12oz frame. If the specs are within your preferred range, it is a A- frame.
From: TW User: Aggietex08, Montgomery
String type and tension: RC/Signum PPP @ 58/54lbs

Comments: This is an additional update from my previous posting. I played with the Ozone Tour frame for 2 weeks and I am disappointed. This racquet has no power at all. You must swing extremely hard to get any depth on the ball (not arm friendly). The sweetspot is extremely small and there were times that the ball would fly when I did swing hard. I am sorry to say that I will not switch to this frame my old faithful C10 Pro's that weigh in excess of 12.5 ounces. I am convinced after trying some of the newer frames that I can't play with a frame that weighs less than 12.5 ounces.
From: Ken, Brooklyn, NY, USA, 10/10
String type and tension: Tecnifibre NRG @ 60lbs

Comments: I have been playing tennis for a little over 20 years and I am now in my early 40's. I have played with most of the player's frames, i.e. Prestige, Pro Staff Original, 6.1, C10 Pro, Becker 11 Midplus, Youtek Prestige Pro, Head Classic Midplus. The Ozone Tour is the first Prince racquet I have played with. I have to say that technology has really come a long way with the new frames. The materials are much stronger and the sweetspot in the Ozone Tour is spectacular. I am able to generate tremendous racquet speed compared to the other frames that I've used in the past. While I am use to a frame with a swingweight of 335+, there was only a minor adjustment on the groundstrokes. Serving with this frame was excellent, good pace and spin. However, I have had some elbow and shoulder problems within the last couple of years. I don't know how my arm will hold up with this frame. I will play with the Ozone for a couple of weeks before I part with my old C10 Pros. If there are no arm problems, I'll purchase another Ozone Tour. Kudos to Prince on making such a great player's frame!
From: Ken, Brooklyn, NY, USA
String type and tension: Tecnifibre NRG 16 @ 60LBS
NTRP Rating:4.5

Comments: This is a good racquet. It needs a lot of follow through and it has a nice feel. It does not have the biggest sweet spot but a very nice balance. This has great topspin and every shot lands near the baseline. I am very impressed. I prefer the slightly bigger O3 Tour version over the smaller version, 95 inch Ozone Tour MS.
From: Gordon, Wellington, NZ, 10/10

Comments: Wow I love this frame. I loved it when it was in stock form with a polyester. It's very whippy and lots of spin compared to what I used to use, which was Tecnifibre. If you're seeking spin and power, try this frame out right away. For the commenter below me, Totor, to solve the precision issue I put on a leather grip. It adds a tad more weight and it plows through most balls now.
From: Jay, NJ, USA. 07/10
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger Original or Luxilon Adrenaline @ 51/48lbs.

Comments: This frame is much like a very good reliable friend. Tons of swing albeit light, lot of tolerance, lot of power, hyper maneuverable, slice backhand are delicious because of the frame lateral holes which enhance the penetration. Very very very easy to play. By far the easiest frame to play in my opinion. Perhaps one weak point: precision not comparable to some other frames, but this is quite acceptable. Not the Ferrari that is Wilson BLX 6.1 Tour or Prince Graphite 100, but says always present, no matter if you are at the top or at the bottom. A very good choice.
From: Totor, Paris, France. 07/10
String type and tension: 27

Comments: WOW!! This racquet is my soul-mate. I have been looking for a racquet that had a forgiving sweetspot a thin beam that was flexible and didn't have so much power that I would hit out if I really took a cut at the ball. I came to the conclusion that this is what I needed after playing with the Prince warrior TT Mid plus. The Babolat Aero Pro Drive (original not cortex or GT) and the Dunlop Aerogel 200 (original not 4D.) All of these were great racquets but didn't fit me. This racquet has the best balance of feel power and forgiveness that I've ever felt. I couldn't believe the stability for a racquet with holes in it it's pretty incredible. The feel is outstanding touch shots volleys and drop volleys were a snap. I can't believe the shots I've been placing the control is great. Serves were great and I couldn't believe the control on 1st serves that I was getting and the spin and pace to spare. This is my new racquet and I'll be getting a couple more of these just to be safe.
From: Dallas, Sonoma County, California. 6/10
String type and tension: Solinco Tour Bite 55lbs mains and Vanquish 58 Crosses.

Comments: This racquet really stands out. The very thin beam, along with the 03 holes, make probably the easiest swinging, because of the minimal wind resistance, stick on the market. I would suggest adding about 10 grams or so the the 10/2 position on the racquet to bring the swingweight up to 350-360.
From: Jon, GA 02/10
NTRP Rating:4.0

Comments: I was so disappointed after I first played with my Ozone Tour sticks, but after I used Luxilon string and changed the rubber grommets with the nylon ones, they were completely different racquets. Very good spin, and plenty of power from the baseline. I didn't like the way it volleys though. The service is very good, flat or slice. It also didn't felt secure on return shots. Ferrero is still playing with this stick, and I wonder if it's a customized one. I'll keep the Ozone Tour sticks, but I'll demo the new Head Youtek Prestige Pro or MP, maybe it's better than the Microgel Prestige MP that I tested before buying the Ozones Tour. The MG Prestige MP was an incredible racquet, but lacked on spin and rallies, (due to the 20x18 string), but was perfect for volley and return. I hope the open string 16x19 of a Youtek Prestige Pro will be good for me
From: Kevo, Bucharest, Romania, 01/10
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger Original 57/55 lbs

Comments: Great racquet if you have solid strokes and can generate your own pace. Like everyone has been saying, unbelievable topspin. In response to the string breaking issues, I've had the racquet for about 4 months and have restrung the racquet 4 times but that's normal for me. All of the break have happened in the stringbed and not anywhere near the frame or o-port edges. So for me, no problems on string durability because of the frame.
From: Ho, Richmond, VA 12/09
String type and tension: Topspin Cyberflash Blue 1.30, 58lbs

Comments: This is one sick stick. I am on a demo team for one of the local tennis chains and I have hit with virtually every one of the newer racquets (weighing more than 11 oz. strung) from Adidas, Babolat, Dunlop, Head, Prince, Wilson, Yonex and this is the hands down winner. I credit this racquet for elevating me from a 4.0 to a 4.5 player and my son from a 4.5 to a 5.0 player. I have dubbed this the "Goldilocks" racquet -- not too heavy, not too light; not too power oriented, not too control oriented; not too baseline oriented, not too volley oriented; not too stiff, not too much flex; not too spin oriented, not too flat oriented; perfect balance and quite easy on the arm. No, this one is just right!
From: Steve, Atlanta, GA, USA 08/09
String type and tension: Prince Synthetic Gut Duraflex 17 55lbs.

Comments: Very nice frame, enough power and control with a cushioned response. Struggling a bit on the slice department, which seems to float a bit. Kick serves are great with this racket. Highly recommended for those who want to upgrade to a better/advance racket. Need to be careful in matching the frame with strings though. Currently just switch to Big Banger Spin. Had a few hits and pretty happy. Generate a lot of spin and power & control.
From: Marcus F, Malaysia 08/09
String type and tension: Luxilon BB Alu Power Spin 55lbs

Comments: I bought this racket a while ago and I have been using it for a month I really like the feel of it and it is really well balanced as well. I think it's good if you are used to playing a more powerful game. Really enjoy playing with it.
From: Daniyal, Pakistan 07/09
String type and tension: Prince syn. w/d.flex at 60

Comments: Yeah I bought this racket two weeks ago and at first it felt great with added spin and head speed with more power from the racket itself. After two weeks of playing matches with it, I found out a lot of my forehand shots were going out long and wide due to the added power of the racket. I hit with long full swings. I found out it's because of that replaceable dampener at the throat and also with my string tension as well.. so now I have replace that bottom dampener with the plastic piece and lower my string tension at 57-58 lb.. now My forehand topspin are hit with more control and spin...
From: Chou Vang, Minnesota, mn, usa. 04/09
String type and tension: Prince syn gut 16g@ 62
Headsize: 100sq inch

Comments: I've had this racquet for about a year now. It is amazing, very easy to hit with I am a grinder and this racquet makes it easy to stay in rallies. Serves are great, especially kickers and slice. Very easy to generate spin with. Overall it is a great racquet.
From: joe, houston, tx, usa. 4/09
String type and tension: Pacific at 60 lbs.

Comments: I tried one of my friends' Ozone racquets and it was the worst I've ever hit with. I don't know if it was just the strings or what, but every ball came off the racquet with a dead, flat feel, and I didn't have any pace or control with my shots.
From: Doug, Fl, USA. 3/09

Comments: I have played with this racket for 9 months now. It is a very good player's frame and with the open string pattern is great for 4.0-4.5 players who hit heavy spin. I have tried many strings combos and what works for me is high quality multifilament. Also, make sure you use the "stiffer" throat insert that comes with the racket, not the default rubber one. Makes a huge difference, it made the racket go from dead to crisp for me.
From: Eduardod, Parkland, FL. 3/09
String type and tension: Babolat Excel 16, 63lbs.

Comments: I got two of these racquets and my game improved with more control and power on my strokes. My tennis partners agreed that my ball comes heavier and with more spin. I recommend this racquet but you will need to strength in your arm to avoid fatigue/injury on forearm or shoulder while serving. Also people might have to get used to the "MUTE" sound while hitting, but it can be adjusted by changing the anti-vibrating ports. General Personal Grade = 8.9/10
From: Mario, Mty, NL, Mexico. 2/09
String type and tension: Hybrid: Prince Synthetic with Prince Poly (62LBS)

Comments: Great racquet overall. I could generate tons of spin easily with this racquet. One thing I wasn't too impressed with was the feel of the racquet. Of course, everyone already knows that the ozones and 03s have little feel. Even though it weighs 11.5 ounces, I thought it was really stable throughout hard hitting rallies. The slice was very impressive, as good as, if not better than my old racquet, the K Six One Tour 90. My three favorite shots are my down the line backhand, serve and down the line forehand, I felt really comfortable hitting these shots with this racquet. Only thing I wasn't comfortable with was the dropshots and finesse shots, because of the lack of feel, it was hard to execute but doable.
From: Anonymous, San Ramon, CA. 1/09
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger Original 16 at 61lbs

Comments: I tried the Ozone Pro Tour first, but too heavy for me to handle midcourt & net. Not so with this one. It's just light enough for me and great at the baseline. I've never used a racquet as easy to punch a slice forehand with.
From: Wesley, keystone hts, fla. 1/09

Comments: Great racquet. Tried a lot of racquets (Wilson, Head, Yonex, Dunlop, other Prince racquets, Babolat). They were all either too light, too heavy or had the wrong balance (you can of course customize any racquet to make it a killer). This racquet probably is a bit heavier than most other racquets I have tested, but that does not matter at all since the balance is perfect for me - I can still use my wrist during hitting without effort. I also strung at low tension (53 lbs) and will go even lower next time. Conclusion: excellent power, great control, amazing top spin and great on serves.
From: Stein, Norway. 11/08
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger ALU Power 16L String, 53 lbs.

Comments: I have been using the Prince Diablo MP since the beginning and love it, however, I have noticed over the years that I needed something with a little more punch (especially competing against younger generations). The Ozone Tour has answered my needs as I have more power without giving up the control I was accustomed to in the Diablo. The Ozone Tour was a little too powerful, so to remedy that, I string the Ozone Tour at 58#, as opposed to 51# for the Diablo.
From: Mike, Kona, HI, USA, 11/08
String type and tension: Tecnifibre NRG2 17G @ 58#

Comments: Been playing with the Ozone Tour (Tour Pro too heavy) for 6 months and although a great racket, did not have the power I needed to play with the big hitters. I played with the Bandit 110 (loved it) for about 6 years until I got tennis elbow, and had to find a smaller size racket that had some give. Although, I felt I could hit every shot in the book with the Ozone Tour, I started to recognize that since I couldn't swing all-out (tennis elbow), my shots would not penetrate deep in the court, thus allowing the opponents to track everything down. Good spin with the racket, especially looping topspin or aggressive slice, but noticed in doubles the difficulty in blocking returns past the net person or putting away volleys during a point (off-center hits would come off dead). Being an aggressive doubles player I felt I never could dominate a point, or rip a shot by anyone. Strings do break quickly, so had to go to poly strings (not good for tennis elbow) or 15 gauge. I absolutely loved the ability to carve shots at the service line and approaches seemed easy to hit, along with great touch. Sharp angled passing shots never felt better. The lack of power seemed to be evident when stretching for a wide shot or hitting a defensive shot, tended to see a lot of balls go in the net. My serve went in a lot, but did not have much kick or pace. If my style was to have long aggressive swings, this racket would have suited me better. Recently switched to the 105 Prince Ozone Seven, and really like it. Has a lot more power, bigger sweetspot, and great control on every shot, except aggressive slice shots that seem to sail, thus I may have to fine tune the string tension.
From: Paul, Minneapolis, MN, USA, 10/08
String type and tension: Toalson Leoina 66, 15L
Headsize: 100 si
NTRP Rating: 4.5/5.0

Comments: I just bought one of these abroad and I am quite disappointed. I currently use an Aero Pro Drive cortex and I was looking for a spare racquet, and while looking at the specs of the ozone tour, I thought they would play quite similar. I bought it without demoing it, based on reviews, and I quite regret my decision! The ozone tour feels so head heavy compared to the APD, I can't generate the same amount of power with this stick. Otherwise, the only shot I like with this racquet are the serves. Much more power and spin. Don't know if it's because of the O ports. But unless I serve 4 aces per game, I am not able to win with this stick. I don't know if the one I bought had a manufacturing defect, my only issue with it is the weight. It's supposed to be only 6 grams heavier than the APD, yet it feels as heavy as my Wilson PS classic! I'll have to weigh it to be sure.
From: Fred, 10/08
String type and tension: Pro Supex Big Ace @ 57lbs

Comments: Super control and topspin. Running toward the net, I am able to flick shots over the net with this racquet better than with any others I've demo'd or owned. Similar results with the forehand on the run-- this racquet simply makes it more likely to land IN! I purchased one, and it is exactly like the demo.
From: Josh, Beaverton, Oregon. 10/08
String type and tension: Prince Synthetic Gut Duraflex
NTRP Rating: Would be 3.5 - 4.0

Comments: I loved this racket. It has great feel with all of my shots. Especially my serve, which I have been having trouble with. Great choice and would recommend it for all types of tennis styles.
From: Brendon, Pueblo, Co. 9/08

Comments: First, I have to say it's a good racket. I play with it and I love it. Good balance, good weight, good stiffness, well suited for my big swing and heavy hitting with lot of spin. However, I'd like to point out a few points that may help people choosing or playing with this racket. First, vibration problem. Because of the frame is flexible and head light, I quite feel that my arm is taking lot of vibrations. Now there are 2 types of vibrations, strings vibrations and racket vibrations. Maybe we cannot do much for racquet vibrations but for string vibrations I solved the problem by putting vibration dampeners on the string. I recommend OTZ elastic bands. Me personally, I put five elastic bands on, three at the throat level and 2 at the head level. You don't have to put that much. But me, I just prefer a more muted and dampened and gentle response for my arm. The racquet becomes very comfortable to play especially if you hit it right at the center of percussion. The second problem is about string breaking as mentioned in one the previous feedback. Indeed, the string will be less durable. It won't break in the middle where the strings are rubbing on each other, but it will break on the side where the string makes contact with the O port. On each side of the racket, there is no grommet, so the string makes contact directly with the frame, and unfortunately, bad design from Prince, when the string goes around the frame, there is an edge there. Now taken into account that the string moves a lot around the O port, the string will rub on the edge of the O port and it's not long before it cuts there. It's a pity but I still love this racquet and prefer it to many others.
From: Hugo, London, UK. 9/08
String type and tension: 58lbs Babolat VS Team

Comments: Very very comfortable to hit with. Very easy to generate racket head speed and topspin. Ridiculous for kick serves. Flat serves pop pretty well too. Comfortable at the net, feels like an extension of your arm. Great racket in every category. One drawback, I can't blame things on my racket anymore.
From: James, Norwalk, IA, USA. 8/08
String type and tension: Luxilon ALU Rough 57 lbs

Comments: I just finished trying a demo of O3 Ozone Tour and Ozone Pro Tour. The Pro was slightly heavier. The extra weight was was a little too much for me. The lighter version's positives were on every shot especially the slice and my one-handed backhand. Don't know what it was but it felt like the racquet speed increased a lot. The slice felt awesome and I was whipping my one-handed backhand with ease. Gave me a totally new confidence level than my Price Diablo MP. My kick serve seemed to be kicking more with the new added racquet head speed. Could the "O" rings be helping? Probably. My forehand felt pretty good producing lots of topspin. The one big negative was the feel of the racquet. Just like the last version, it felt dampened too much. I use a dampener on my racquets but for this racquet I had to take it off to get some feel. Without the dampener it sounded dead still. But results were great. I guess I could get use to the feel. Note to Prince: get rid of that rubber grommet at the throat area.
From: Joel J., West New York, NJ. 7/08
String type and tension: Tecnifibre MultiFeel 17

Comments: I demo'd numerous racquets in order to find replacements for my old Prince CTS Approach 110's from way back (Just got back into the game this year after many years off). I found this racquet gave an incredibly forgiving feel, awesome topspin potential, also gave a very nice cut at slice backhands. The volleys feel very crisp, and I am especially impressed with how this racquet helps you "dig out" tough half-volleys mid-court and even at the baseline. It becomes very easy to redirect the ball with some nice power. Serves feel good as well. This is the most solid racquet I have played with for groundstroke feel. It becomes very simple to hit nice deep penetrating groundstrokes from either wing, often with incredible topspin. I felt this stick gave a better compromise on spin vs. control compared to the Ozone Pro Tour, which felt a little heavy and tougher to get the right amount of spin. This is a great racquet - very pleased.
From: Brian, Valencia, CA, USA, 07/08
String type and tension: Prince Topspin Plus 16 at 58lbs

Comments: Great for people who enjoy the ol' serve and volley, and it is very easy to generate pop at net. I am using Big Banger Original and am having an issue with generating the spin I am accustomed to in my Yonex RDS 001. Maybe it's due to the string pattern not being quite as open as the Yonex's. Either way, solid racket.
From: R Wild, ADKs, NY. 7/08
NTRP Rating: 4.5+

Comments: This racquet has fast pace on serves and had heavy topspin on groundstrokes. The volleys were a perfect feel the only thing that was bad was the control of the stick but the power is so good. I will be staying with this one for years to come.
From: Mason, Topeka, KS. 7/08
String type and tension: Prince Duraflex 17 at 58

Comments: Absolutely amazing. I have been looking for a new racquet that is a good fit for my all-court style. Over the past 8 months, I've had the opportunity to hit at least 10 different racquets from a wide variety of manufacturers. I found many sticks that felt good in my hand and were a significant step-up from my previous racquets, but none were as good a fit as the Ozone Tour. This racquet has great access to spin, allowing me to hit out when needed with the confidence that I'll be able to keep the ball in-bounds. I even found I could take a good cut at a half-volley and get great results. I love the heft of the racquet and noticed that it added punch to my serves and stability to groundstrokes. I also noticed that I could even get good pop while on the run and taking a "bail-out" slice at the ball to stay in the point. Players with short swings who prefer a racquet that provides a lot of power should look elsewhere. This racquet gives a bit of power to you but you are expected to swing and generate pace; control is the goal here. That said, I never felt like I had to overswing to get a good solid result. Volleys at the net are very good; the racquet again is quite stable but isn't quite as easy to whip around as lighter alternatives. Still, it is not a detriment at the net in anyway and the control allows great touch. I play a lot of doubles and noted that I had better touch than with my lighter racquets. The sweetspot isn't huge and people who want a very forgiving racquet will like other options a bit more. However, with the Ozone Tour, you are not punished for an off-center hit with this racquet as much as you are greatly rewarded with one that is proper. You can mishit and still get good results, however, you get a great result with a well-struck hit. I have read about string problems but have had absolutely no complaints at all. I may not bash as much as other players but I do hit solidly. I had a stretch of playing 28 out of 30 days with this racquet and had no breaks or other problems whatsoever. There are a great number of good racquets out there, but this was the best one I've found. If you crave control and spin and are in the habit of swinging through with a good follow-through, this is a must hit for you.
From: Mark, Madison, WI, USA. 5/08
String type and tension: Prince Recoil 16 @ 63lbs

Comments: A good racket for advanced players looking for a traditional feel and increased power. I have tried all kinds of rackets. On one end, you have the Pure Drive, which I find very hard to control when I want to take a big swing and am slightly late. On the other hand, rackets like Wilson KSix-One 95 lacks power unless you are extremely fit. This Ozone Tour seems to have found a good balance. The traditional feel probably comes from the flex and construction of the racket. I can really swing out and not be afraid to hit out. The weight is just right so you don't get tired quickly. I found the Recoil 16 was not very good for spin. I might play around with the strings.
From: Felipe, Singapore, 05/08
String type and tension: Prince Recoil 58 lbs

Comments: I love it! I am reading most of the other posts and thinking, "What can I add to these comments? Well there isn't much except for the downside of the racquet: too much topspin on the racquet pops the strings very quickly. Now you are probably thinking what's the racquet have to do with the strings breaking. That's a string issue. Well that's wrong because this racquet is beast with topspin. Topspin is amazing, crisp, everything. Now that said, I still am trying to find a good string so that I don't pop strings every few days when I am not a professional. It's only a hobby for me. $70 a week for strings is too much for a hobby. Oh well! I LOVE the racquet. If you like light racquets, definitely demo this one.
From: Matthew, White Plains, New York, USA! 4/08
String type and tension: Prince Synthetic SoftFlex at mid range
NTRP Rating: I don't think I am rated... just a student at high school :D

Comments: Wow this racquet is fun to hit with! Like others have said you need to be prepared and have consistent technique but when you do the opposition will be reeling and give you some soft balls to smack back at them. Solid feel and great plow through. Topspin and slice are crisp. Lots of power on serves when you have what it takes to swing it. I did have some trouble as I began to get tired but I am just going to work out more because this racquet is great. I hit hard but I am 50 and I would love to have had this racquet 25 years ago.
From: Steve, Clearwater, FL, USA, 04/08
String type and tension: Prince Recoil 56 lbs

Comments: This racquet offers loads of topspin; great feel at the net; it's still a bit quirky on serve, however, a few minor adjustments should fix that. What a nice racquet - low on power but big on spin - perfect! The Pro Tour was a bit too heavy for me -- I must be getting old. I am playing more doubles these days, I've decided to go with the Tour. Pick up the Pro version if you want to sit back on the baseline and whack the ball When I demo'd the Pro Tour, it was hard not to laugh because of the spin and speed it generated, but I found myself a little late at times and didn't like the feel at the net. The Tour will meet the needs of anyone who likes to hit plenty of topspin, but also needs control and feel at the net. So many racquets these days are huge on power but low on spin or nice off the baseline but weak off the volley/net. The Wilson Team racquets are close, but lack the topspin.
From: Kevin, Providence, RI, USA. 3/08
String type and tension: Prince Syn Gut/60#

Comments: I have two words for this frame: insane topspin! Like all 03 frames, don't expect a lot of tactile ball feedback or touch with this one (especially with poly), but the performance from the baseline is so good that this can be overlooked. The flexiness and low swing weight allow for big cuts at the ball, and the topspin that can be generated is great. Everything drops in. The frame has plenty of stability for flattening out the ball and blocking big serves, but topspin is where this frame shines. This is a nice option for players who like to camp out at or behind the baseline and hit heavy spin. Other than the lack of feel, the only other negative for is that this frame hasn't been the best for flat serving, most likely due to the flex.
From: Mike, Milwaukee, WI. 3/08
String type and tension: Topspin Cyberflash 17g, 60#

Comments: Nice addition the o3 line. I was never so much a Prince fan being a Babolat player but my coach gave me this to hit with today and it's the most solid prince out there. It still has that hollow feeling that I think all o3's give but a really solid stick to hit with.
From: Jack, Denver, CO, USA, 01/08
String type and tension: Prince Syn Gut 57 lbs

Comments: I tried out this frame at a Prince demo day at the PGA Tour Superstore in Atlanta. I have to say that I was intrigued to try it after seeing that Ferrero had switched to it. It felt great. I really nice cushioned response that still had ample feedback. Additionally, the fame had enough strength (I won't call it stiffness), perhaps a better word is rigidity, to give ample pop and to handle hart hit balls and to volley well. All in all, a fantastic combination of a frame the holds up well that has a cushioned response that still transmits a good amount of feedback to the player. I would say this racquet is most likely targeted at the Pure Drive crowd, but could be well-served in the hands of a variety of players. I think anyone could really play well with it.
From: Luke, Atlanta, GA, USA, 01/08
String type and tension: Prince string at mid-range

Prince Ozone Tour Racquets - Where to go from here