Comments:
From:

Comments: I played with the Ozone Pro Tour for the first time today, and loved it! The added weight provided a much more stable feel to my forehand and backhand strokes. Coming from a 10.7 oz. Hybrid Hornet,(Great Racquet),the ozone pro provided more confidence when taking full swings. The ozone pro tour's 18x20 string bed surprisingly allows for spin. Overall, I had a very easy transition, moving from a tweener racquet to this players racquet.
From: Ben, Florence, AL, USA 08/09
String type and tension: Forten Hybrid
Headsize:100 sq. in

Comments: I have been playing with the graphite classic oversize for 20 years and I'm looking for a similar racquet with control but more power. I tried different brands and the Ozone Pro Tour is the best one I tried. Any advice for changing racquets to one of the new Prince??
From: Rafael, Ithaca, NY. 7/09

Comments: I've been demoing racquets for the last month, trying to switch from the O3 Tour Mid. I demoed this one for about 2 weeks, and at first I was almost convinced that this was the perfect racquet. The 100 square inch head also turned me off a bit. I was able to get a lot of action on my forehand and kick serves, but it felt a bit too flexible and lacked control. The feel at net was shaky at best, and returns were an absolute joke...you can't really swing at anything that's coming with pace. In all the feel was okay...just a little soft to be advertised solely as a player's frame. The Midsize was a much better racquet...without the 5 extra square inches.
From: Anonymous, NC, USA. 7/09
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane 16g Mains 61, Babolat super fine play crosses, 61
NTRP Rating: College player

Comments: I've been demoing racquet for the last month, trying to switch from the O3 tour Mid. I demoed this one for about 2 weeks, and at first I was almost convinced that this was the perfect racquet, but then realized that this racquet loses tension...FAST. This led to balls completely catapulting off of the strings...especially against balls that were coming quick. The 100 square inch head also turned me off a bit...I was able to get a lot of action on my forehand and kick serves, but it felt a bit too flexible and lacked control. The feel at net was shaky at best, and returns were an absolute joke...you can't really swing at anything that's coming with pace. In all the feel was okay...just a little soft to be advertised solely as a player's frame. The Midsize was a much better racket...without the 5 extra square inches.
From: anon. NC, USA 07/09
NTRP Rating: College player

Comments: Wow. I switched to this racquet from the Ozone Tour. I had leaded my ozone tours up to 12.0 ounces then I tried this version and I fell in love. I immediately bought four of them. My problem with the Ozone Tour was that I was breaking strings too fast with the open pattern and I never found the secret to hitting flat. With this racquet, I can still rip it with topspin or put it away with a flat winner. I have noticed more pace on my groundstrokes and the 18x20 gives it a better feel compared to the 16x18. Perfect weight balance as well.
From: Anon. Norcal 06/09
String type and tension: Signum Pro Poly Megaforce 1.29 @ 58

Comments: I've never been much of a Prince fan but I have to say this is an excellent racket. I'm a high school junior that plays 1st on my team and I've tried a bunch of different rackets including K95, Prestige MP, Prestige Pro, K90, EXO Graphite, aerogel 100, aerogel 200, both kblades, and pretty much every other popular players racket out there. Out of all of them, this one swings nice and light which lets me whip through my shots, but also has a good amount of stability because of the 18x20 string pattern. It also allows for a great deal of spin unlike other 18x20s and I hit a great skidding backhand slice with it. Itís nice and easy on the arm and has a huge sweet spot. The plow through isn't great (compared to a k90 or heavier racket), but I can still flatten out the ball very well. Definitely a good racket to try if you like lighter swinging players rackets.
From: Ben, Wilmington, DE, USA, 05/09
String type and tension: Tecnifibre X-1 Biphase 62lbs

Comments: I tried the Rebel and the Speedport Black and Tour, but none compares to the Prince Ozone Pro Tour. Its has great feel, and up at the net, it's like a magician. On my groundstrokes, I can generate some fast racquet head speed with the 12.1 ounces. Definitely a great racquet to get.
From: Victor, Tampa, FL, USA. 3/09
String type and tension: Tecnifibre Pro Red Code 58lbs
NTRP Rating:5.0

Comments:I AM sponsored by Prince and have the new Rebel in my bag and that is the frame you want. The Ozone Pro Tour is good but the new Rebel has flex like the "old school" frames and balanced just right for all shots.
From: Kevin, Los Angeles, CA. 1/09
String type and tension:VS Babolat 72
NTRP Rating: Open

Comments: I'm gonna be sponsored by Prince, and I need to know if this racquet is a good choice. I'm an aggressive, baseliner player who likes to hit deep and with some power. Is this a good racquet for me? Please answer back.
From: Pedro, Mexico. 12/08
String type and tension: Luxilon, 56 pounds

Comments: I demoed eight different racquets, and the Prince Ozone Pro Tour was by far my favorite of the bunch. I was playing with an O3 Tour MP before deciding on the Ozone Pro Tour. The Ozone Pro Tour is far more stable and a bit more powerful. Even though it is an 18x20 racquet, it generates plenty of spin for me. It has excellent control, and hitting penetrating volleys is a piece of cake. Serves were fine. It feels a bit more stiff than the O3 Tour but is still very comfortable. It has a different feel than the O3, too, but that is not a bad thing. It just may take awhile to get used to. The only downside I can see with this racquet is that it is a tad hefty and may wear you out after awhile if you are not very strong. The deal-breaker for me was when one of my friends I was playing against told me I was hitting very heavy balls and then demanded that I not buy the racquet. =]
From: Justin, Florida, USA. 12/08

Comments: I'd like to take back my earlier negative comments about this racket. I initially found the frame a little 'dead' and sluggish, but have since experimented with other multifilament strings and dropped the tension to 55 lbs. and am really enjoying the difference from my first session...balls are landing deeper and more penetrating than my holy grail Microgel Prestige..only downside is it is a tad heavy but I'm getting used to it and it has now become my weapon of choice..my apologies, Prince, good racket after all!
From: Jeff, Orlando, FL. 11/08
String type and tension: Tecnifibre NRG mains, Luxilon alu power crosses at 55 lbs
NTRP Rating:5.0

Comments: I really wanted to like this racket, the spec's looked great as did some of the comments, but it was a disappointing hitting session. Very "dead" off the bed; soft but absolutely no power. Thought my arm was going to break with the effort. Stick with the Microgel Prestige's, now thatís a racket!
From: Jeff, Orlando, FL, USA, 11/08
String type and tension: Babolat Hybrid Tour 56 lbs.

Comments: I was currently using the Aero Pro Drive and I could not keep the ball on the court. I switched to the Ozone Pro Tour and it has made a huge difference in my play. I swing hard and with this racket I have found my consistency again. My serves are harder and have more spin and net play is very comfortable, unlike the Aero Pro Drive. Groundstrokes are accurate with power. Glad I switched. Better than every other racket I demoed including others by Prince.
From: Robert, Pittsburgh, pa, USA. 11/08
String type and tension:Asterisk / 60

Comments: At first, I really enjoyed playing with this racquet, but after a while it starts to really work on your elbow and shoulder. I wouldn't recommend stringing it at a high/on the limit tension if you're a power hitter. The ports help swing speed, but when the racquet meets the ball, there's trouble. Especially when you accidentally hit the frame. It feels like a needle goes up your arm. All in all, the racquet is great for control and volleying, but that is it in my opinion. I am now switching over to trying some of the Yonex racquets.
From: Parker, Midland, NC. 10/08

Comments: The pro tour is great, but for me, the headsize is too big. I managed to buy a couple of Ozone tour midsize (95) and I cannot but recommend them. The last couple of years I have tested at least 10 different racquets, but never found one that could match the confidence I get from my Head Prestige classic Mid racquets. The Ozone Tour Midsize, which is about as heavy as the pro tour (325g unstrung), a little more head light, and with a slightly more open string pattern (16-20), is by far the best racquet I have ever played - almost as good control as my Prestige classics, but with more access to spin and a little bit more power. I cannot understand why it is not sold in the US and in some parts of the EU.
From: Christian, Sweden, 10/08

Comments: I never thought I would find a racket that could replace the Original Graphite Mid. If there is such a racket, though, this is the one. I'm very impressed with the Ozone Pro Tour. I do wish the headsize was 93 instead of 100, but perhaps 100 is what makes it so sweet. I bought two of these Pro Tours, and am happy I did. I just had one of them strung with a full ALU BB setup at 48 pounds -- wow, very nice! Finally, I think I've found my new setup.
From: Mat, DC. 9/08
String type and tension: full Luxilon ALU BB setup (48 pounds)

Comments: The Pro Tour is great, but provides too much power and too little control for tournament players who are used to play with mid sized racquets (I used to play with a Head Prestige classic mid).
From: Christian, Sweden. 9/08
String type and tension:55

Comments:I used to play with the O3 Black and thought it was a great racket, but I always was too afraid to hit through the ball. When I got this racket, I felt like I had to hit hard otherwise the ball wouldn't go anywhere. It is very solid though and great for serves, but I guess I'm just not strong enough to handle the weight. I think the ozone tour is more suitable for my game.
From: Bob, New York, NY, USA, 09/08
String type and tension: 57lbs

Comments: This is just a beautiful racket. I swing big, so I'm usually looking for spin and control. I used to play with the O3 Tour, and I loved the spin and the stability on off center shots, but it lacked feel and control. This racket has the perfect balance of touch, spin, and stability for someone with an all around game. You can take good strokes from the baseline with pinpoint accuracy and it's stable and crisp when you come in to volley. I also have arm problems with certain rackets and have had no issues with this one. One caveat, though. I originally strung this at 55lbs and loved it, but thought with such great control I could probably drop the tension a little for more power. Huge mistake. It played like a completely different racket at 52lbs, lost feel, lost spin, things weren't just out, they were homers, no control at the net either. Restrung it to 56lbs and it's back to perfect. I've had a lot of rackets, but I've never seen one change so radically depending on the tension.
From: Chuck, Los Angeles, CA, USA. 9/08
String type and tension: Topspin Cyberflash 1.25/synthetic gut crosses @56lbs

Comments: The "pop" from this racket's string bed is simply amazing. You get so much power from the 18x20, 12 oz. frame. Yet, the spin potential is even greater. Great racket for slices, kick serves, and even flat bombs.
From: Vijay, Bloomfield, MI, USA, 08/08
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger 125, 62
Headsize: 100 in2

Comments: This racquet is fantastic, it has a big sweetspot and has a good mix of power and control. Although I know that comments are falsely positive, but some people might fall for it. This is a first racquet after a long time that I am happy with. Highly recommended.
From: Mike, LA, CA. 8/08

Comments: I used to use the NXG 100, but this is way nicer. Good balance over the NXG makes it seem lighter to swing. Spin is by far its strong point, and it is easy to hit it hard with good control. Many times I thought it was going out but it drops near baseline. Serves are a gem with lighter swing weight and spin again a big plus. I've been using it for 2 weeks, but so far it is my first choice racket. Low powered which is what all players sticks are about. Go get one.
From: Dean, UK. 8/08
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger 56lb

Comments: After being overseas and not being able to play tennis for awhile, when I came back I determined it was time for a new racket. So I went looking, and checked this out. The racket was light, probably due to the extra muscle I gained. I was able to get good topspin on my shots and really come through with my 2-handed backhand, and I had great control over my slice. I was able to keep my strong serve up with this racket too.
From: Matt, USA! 8/08
String type and tension: 57

Comments: I must agree with the fellow who wrote his feedback on 06/2008, Michael of Sunnyvale. We have used prince racquets since 2000, so we know about Prince racquets, having been loyal ever since. The racquet is a good consistent performer for a top senior junior or ITF future players working their way toward the ATP ranks. It offers most importantly control, spin and stabilty with aggressive hitters around the court. That's important, to know you can swing out and the ball will stay in play, the tighter string pattern is a blessing, and also string wear and string alignment has improved a lot. So we just restring when our ERT 300 tennis computer tells us so. Before we were always breaking string, and struggling with the string alignment, on the regular Ozone Tour. But the quality control is missing in regards to specs as advertised, we know Prince racquets, and they should do a better job!, no excuse! The racquet fully dressed with overgrip, vibration dampner is 360grams +- 3 grams. Since my son has 5 racquets, we always match them for swing weight, weight and balance. 3 racquets were pretty close +- 3 to 4 grams, but the other 2 were 12-15 grams off, that's way too much, and shouldn't be. The paint job is much better than before, but still needs work, the shared strings holes we had to ream them all with an awl and a stick of Akempucky, because when stringing them brand new, it is a problem with the tie off holes for the mains and crosses, but we fixed it and no more problems. The racquet feels solid and enjoyable, still working on the proper tension which for a solid big hitter should be around 59lbs to 62 lbs on the mains. Overall, we feel were on the right track after having played and used the Precision Equip, Hornet, More, Diablo, Original Tour, Hybrid Tour, and lately the Speedport Tour and the Ozone Tour, so we can feel a positive difference in the right direction. But definitely the quality control on specs and paint has to be fixed, so the racquet can live up to its real potential for top end junior and ATP players.
From: Nicholas, Panama City, Panama. 7/08
String type and tension:prince hybrid tour silver 17g / syngut 16g dura flex, 61 Mains/63 crosses
Headsize:100 sq.in.

Comments: This racquet is fantastic. I've been playing with the Prince O3 Tour for a couple of years. The one gripe I've had with the Prince O3 Tour, it wasn't hefty enough. I saw the specs of the Ozone Pro Tour, and I thought I'd buy it flat out, not even demo the thing, just buy it. I just went with my gut. The "dense string pattern" was a bit of a concern because a lot of my shot rely on spin. When I got the racquet I strung it with Signum Pro Poly Plasma at 62lbs and I put the hardened throat grommet in. Right of the bat when I was hitting with this thing, it's one solid racquet. Huge improvement over the O3 Tour. It has more feel than the O3 Tour, shot were more penetrating, and it was very maneuverable. I was able to generate a lot of top spin and slice to my surprise, despite the 18 x 20 string pattern. I was still able to get plenty of kick on my serves if not a bit more but, the one downside I experienced I wasn't generating as much heat with my first serves. Great racquet overall; lots of control, spin, heft, and very maneuverable. A definite racquet to demo.
From: Nick, Renton, WA. 6/08
String type and tension: Signum Pro Poly Plasma 62lbs
Headsize: Midplus

Comments: Just purchased a couple of Ozone Pro Tours from TW after trying and playing with racquets from other major mfgs -- Babolat, Wilson, Yonex etc. Will put the OPT to the test in tournament play. The extra weight of the ProTour adds stability and generates good consistent depth on the ball. The racquet is also surprisingly agile/quick for the weight at net and on returns (weighs in at about 357g or 12.6oz after string and over-grip). However, the quality control of Prince is below average. Paint is inconsistent. Some holes were plugged when stringing. But more importantly, the weight and balance of the racquets were inconsistent. For example, the spec unstrung weight on the ProTour is 328g but I received one that was 315g (within 5g of the lighter Pro version!). A few grams out of spec is acceptable, but almost half an ounce out of spec is unsatisfactory (it's wasting my time, money and effort yes, I will return the out of spec racquet). If the Prince O port design didn’t offer the benefits, which it does, I wouldn't put up with the poor-poor Prince quality control. (Which in the end is saying something quite positive about the racquet).
From: Michael, Sunnyvale, CA, USA, 06/08

Comments: Demoed this frame two times just to make sure I wasn't dreaming about how good it plays. I wasn't dreaming, it is the real deal. I usually play with the HPS 6.1 95 or the later ncode version, but this frame has them beat hands down. For starters the sweet spot is huge, the swing weight is much easier and my serve is on fuego. Dial up your favorite hybrid and you won't believe what happens to your game, can you say "overdrive"?
From: Chris, Walnut Creek, CA, USA, 06/08
String type and tension: Topspin Cyberflash 17 X PSG 16

Comments:Just cracked my RDS001 mp and decided to look for a heavier stick. After demoing for a solid month I decided on the Ozone Pro Tour; it was a perfect blend of control, power, weight and maneuverability. I have always had some trouble at net but this stick made it seem so easy, had the pop if I needed it an the feel was superior to any other O3 I have tried. Spin was surprisingly great and easy to generate keeping even my hardest hit groundies in. Now the two major selling points for me with the Pro, Stability and Consistency; no matter how hard a shot was hit at me the Pro was never budged or pushed around, and when long rallies kicked in I had no problems hitting the ball down the line or cross over and over again, the Sweetspot is huge. If you have accomplished strokes and like some added weight behind your shots, the Prince Ozone Pro Tour is a must demo.
From: Daniel, Mililani, HI, USA, 05/08
String type and tension: Prince Lightning @ 56lb
Headsize: MP 100 sq"

Comments: This racquet does not perform as well for me as the Volkl or Vantage racquet I am currently hitting with. I could not hit any of the strokes, volley, or serve as well.
From: David, NV, USA, 05/08
String type and tension: Tecnifibre X-1 Biphase 17g 58 lbs.

Comments: Great racquet with amazing touch and feel. It's better than any other that I have hit with before. I'm planning on staying with this stick for years to come.
From: Josh, California. 5/08

Comments: This racquet does everything well but it really stands out on serves. The control, when serving, is extraordinary, slice serves, kickers and flat heat, it’s all here and the racquet does not hinder any one aspect of the service game. Controllable power! Stringbed is really forgiving, that would be my one fault with this stick, the feedback (feel) is not here, because of the forgiveness of this frame, and it’s hard to judge the sweetspot. Acceleration is great with forehands (especially shoe lace saves and taking the ball early); backhands are a dream one handed and two handed. Volleys are not so great, good, but not great, I found myself choking up on the handle to gain a little more control. The weight, balance and flex are superb, you don’t feel the weight or swingweight of the racquet until follow through is complete. No plow through here, but great stability, the majority of the weight seems to be concentrated from the 8 and 4 o’clock positions to the bottom of the throat or top of the grip (a plus in my opinion). All in all I am making the switch, I am willing to sacrifice my volleys and feel (only minor, still performs in these aspects) for all the benefits, definitely string with a soft multi or poly at 60-63lbs., also I preferred the nylon (hard plastic throat grommet) over the rubber one that comes stock in this frame, enhances the feel. PROS- Serves, forehands, backhands, drop shots. All done well with ample power, control and spin. CONS- Volleys and feel. It's good to have some stringbed feedback.
From: A.L., MD, USA, 05/08
String type and tension: Gamma professional @62lbs.
NTRP Rating: upper level intermediate

Comments: Great Racquet, lots of spin, lots of feel, very maneuverable, fast swing speed and some pop. Lots of touch as well. Very nice racquet, very stable as well.

Comments: First racquet in a long time that I have been happy with. Have previously used the Prestige Classic and the ncode 6.1. The weight, balance and stability are great. I hit some with college players, and this racquet can hold up to any pace. Improved both my touch and pace. The extra weight helped my serve and my shoulder. The 18 x 20 delivers plenty of spin. I tried the Tour MP as well. It is a good racquet, but lacked the feel and performance of the Pro Tour for me.
From: Mark, Fort Worth, TX, USA, 04/08

Comments: This is a very good racquet. That is, if you can handle the weight. Honestly I liked this racquet. I just couldn't handle the weight. I think I'm just going to the Ozone Tour and not the Pro Tour. This racquet wasn't bad. It was just too good for me.
From: Tin, Bay Point, CA, USA. 3/08

Comments: One word: incredible. Its blend of comfort and feel is unmatched. Match that with its control and maneuverability and this racquet is superior to most racquets (including good old Federer's racquet of choice). I was going to switch to the Fed racquet and was in the third day of demoing it when I picked up this racquet out of curiosity. Though I absolutely fell in love with the K-Factor racquet, the Prince racquet was so good that I immediately bought three! This racquet will up your ranking for sure! To quote the Bryan brothers, "I'm telling you, switch to those Prince racquets and good things will happen."
From: Bryan, Winston-salem, NC. 3/08
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour 16g
Headsize: Midplus

Comments: This racquet feels really nice. The sweetspot is big, and the comfort level is through the roof as with other O3 racquets, but it also means that the strings move a lot. Power and spin came naturally with a full stroke. Serves had some nice kick to it. When I was given a short ball, I was able to flatten out my stroke for a good powerful shot. No real complaints with this racquet; a solid player's frame from Prince.
From: Ronald, Kearny, NJ. 2/08
String type and tension: Prince Synthetic Gut Duraflex 16g

Comments: I bought this racquet in a 5/8 grip. Strung and with an overgrip it weighs in at 12.7 oz., compared to the O3TOUR Mid at 12.3, even though it was supposed to be only .1 oz.heavier. With a bigger headsize and slightly tighter string pattern, I thought it would give me a bigger sweetspot with similar control. But the weight was just too much, and it's also a little too powerful. Maneuverability is an issue at net. I'll stick with my old 95s.
From: Nelson, New York, NY, USA, 01/08
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour @ 60

Comments: I'm a Prince-sponsored player and just got some of these frames from them. I love the solid feel and predictable response, and the generous flex makes for some nice control and touch at the net. If you're planning to use this frame, be prepared to supply all of your own power, as the frame has a good amount of heft, typical of nearly all control-oriented frames.
From: Richard, Northern, NJ, USA, 01/08
String type and tension: Prince Recoil 16 @ 63 lbs.

Comments: This is a very good racquet for people seeking more power and spin. The racquet is great, but it should just come in a smaller headsize than 100 square inches.
From: Kevin, Pennsylvania, United States. 1/08