Gosen Polylon 17 Yellow Customer feedback

Comments: I string my Wilson Classic ProStaff 4.2 si 95 at 55 lbs with a hybrid of this string on the mains with Gosen Protuff nylon in the crosses at 55 lbs. I liked the Protuff nylon but it locks up too quickly. I get very nice power and control and playability with this set up. There is a break-in period though for these strings but after it breaks-in, these strings play really well with crisp power. Spin is okay but I'm developing my strokes for doubles so I'm flattening out my strokes for power anyway. I'm a 4.0 doubles player. I won't say that these are the best poly strings I have ever played with but for the price it is the best. I still like the Wilson Spin Cycle for my match plays because of the enhanced ball bite which gives me extra control and spin, but the Polylon is a great backup string I use for practice. It is softer than the Wilson, but I just wish it had a little better ball bite.
From: Franklin, 11/14

Comments: I have been using Polylon 17 for several years now in a Wilson BLX Tour 90 (Federer). My NTRP rating is 5.0-5.5 and I'm a former competitive player. Currently, I average about 2-3x/week with very hard-hitting players. These strings are extremely long-lasting, much to my surprise considering how thin they are (17 g). For reference, I usually break 16g Syn Gut in about 2 weeks. So far, my current string job has lasted about 2 months and I may get another month. Incredible playability with durability that rivals the old Prince Kevlar hybrids (remember Problend?). And at a price point below 5$, you can't ask for more.
From: Rahul, 6/14

Comments: I've tried this string in many different combinations and found similar results throughout. This string produces significantly more spin and a soft poly feel. It plays extremely well for the first 15-20 minutes than quickly dies and feels like a rubberband. While hitting serves with a hopper, the string becomes noticeably dead by about 100-120 serves. There is great appeal with the price but at the end of the day, I don't feel that it's worth it. I'm 39 years old and a 5.0 rated player, former D1 player, and a stringer for 20+ years.
From: Joel, 4/14

Comments: OK string, but very stiff and hard to string. Good spin and tension mantanince but too dead for me.
From: Ertem, 3/14

Comments: Very durable, low powered poly at a great price point. Black is more muted feeling but gives great spin and feel. I strung this for a guy who was chewing up other strings in days and now he is getting weeks out of the string. It is lower powered so may need to drop tension a few lbs but it does lose tension after first hour or so of hitting with full stringbed. So if you can live with the break in period that is a little harsh, tension will be fine. It doesn't have the pop of RPM but spin is similar and durability is a little better. But at a fourth of price of RPM, cant go wrong with it. I highly recommend it.
From: CF, 3/14

Comments: I am a solid 5.0 player and have tried many strings, and I will tell you that this string is awesome. One of the top NCAA players I coach at times recommended it to me and I intially laughed at it! I tried it and now I love it. Yes it looses tension fast, but for a few matches or for practice, it is perfect! It is my main string, but sometimes I combine it with RPM balst. If you are looking for a very comfortable string that is cheap, this is a good one to try. If you are a good player, dont listen to what some bad comments say here. Trust me you will not regret it!
From: Fernando, 1/14

Comments: Probably one of the best polys on the market based on performance and price point. It is very soft so my elbow does not hurt. I have elbow issues, so I am sensitive to harsh polys. I strung it at 53 lbs on a Head Youtek IG Radical Midplus. It has good control and spin.

Comments: I've been using this string for years and it has nice pop, topspin and it doesn't break. I do have lots of control but be carefull, don't let it touch the water, if it rains, it loses a lot of tension. I recomend this string for the main and a Syn Gut for the crosses if you have a mid-speed swing but I am using my Head speed MP 18-20 full poly 50 lbs. and it is very very good.
From: A.J., 6/13

Comments: Strung this on a Wilson nTour at 55-60lbs. You need solid contact and racquet speed for these strings. They are incredibly stiff and will kill your elbow if you aren't regularly hitting the sweet spot. I think a 5.0+ player can handle these strings. On my good days, these strings are the best, but playing average or below, feels like I need herculean strength. Overall, I would recommend to advanced players with full strokes.
From: MP, 5/13

Comments: I have used ALU Power Rough for many years, I gave Polylon a try as I wanted some more pop (haven't been happy with any hybrids) and a thinner gage poly might do the trick. I've been hitting heavily with it for two days and absolutely love it. I love the extra pop and spin. My 2 handed backhand is finally doing some damage. Slice is slicier, top spin forehands and serves have more action on them. If I have to restring every week to maintain this, it will be worth it.
From: Ben, 2/13

Comments: I've used this for several years on the mains or crosses, but on mains especially where it will pocket nicely. I use a soft type in the crosses like Gosen Sheep or Gosen SP (now called Polyquest) at less then 50 pounds tension. It's extremely economical. I restring often and get great performance.

Comments: I have been using this string for over a year now, and I absolutely love it! I used to pop Babolat polys in weeks, and when I tried these strings (mainly for the price) I was pleasantly surprised. They last me at least a month of intense hitting (10-12 hours a week), and they have an amazing and genuine polyester feel. If you are a big hitter spending a lot on strings, I highly recommend you give them a try. And if you don't like them, its only $3!

Comments: I have been using these strings for the past couple months. The strings play well, good spin, can hit deep, decent control, but the feel of the string is horrid. When I used it with my Wilson BLX Tidal Wave, it didn't bother me too much, but when I switched to an AeroPro it started to bug me a lot. Also the string power dies after a couple of days, but the strings do not break. I would recommend this string to a person that strings their own racquets but has a tight budget. (I strung at various tensions all with very similar results)
From: Aaron, 7/12

Gosen Polylon 17 Yellow - Where to go from here

All Strings
Gosen Polyester - Control, Durability & Spin
Best Values (Price vs Performance)
Low Cost String Sets