Comments: I love this racquet and have used it for a couple of years. It's give amazing spin/power and is very consistent. This is one of the best racquets I've tried. I also used the AeroPro Drive GT and found this has a little better control, spin and power. I entirely recommend this racquet.
From: Hershil, 11/12
String type: Luxilon 4G 16L mains / Wilson Natural Gut 16g crosses

Comments: Wilson found a niche for the BLX Pro Open since consumer feedback is remarkably consistant. I am a senior player whose shoulder/wrist could not handle the 70 RA of the Babolat Pure Drive GT. The power/control for the BLX Pro Open is similar to the PD, with a little less juice but easier on the body. With grip tape and strings my Pro Open is 11 5/8 oz., 7 pts HL, and about 321 swing weight. I added 4 grams of lead tape to the 3/9 o'clock positions and the racquet is 11 5/8 oz., 6 1/2 pts HL, and about 324 swing weight. Sweet!
From: Jose, 9/12
String type: Tecnifibre NRG2 18g

Comments: I demo'ed this racquet and liked it. My coach uses it. I picked the Pro Tour over it not due to performance but do to my playing style. I wanted a heavy racquet, so I got the Pro Tour but I'm not knocking this racquet at all great power, spin, and control. It's incredibly easy to swing and power is generated rather effortlessly. Great Stick

Comments: I love this racquet! After switching from the Head Liquidmetal 4, I'm very ecstatic. This racquet offers great power and spin. I was going to get the Babolat Aeropro Team GT, but once I demoed this I changed my mind. It's great!
From: Elizabeth, 12/11
String type: Volkl Cyclone
Headsize: 100 sq. in.

Comments: Having demoed this racquet, I still don't know what tension the Wilson NXT 16 was strung at. I loved it and wonder what Tennis Warehouse strings their racquets at. I will order it exactly as the demo only with NXT Tour.
String type and tension: Wilson NXT
(Mike, we string our demos at mid plus two. So the Wilson BLX Pro Open is strung at 60 lbs.-TW Staff)

Comments: This is a very solid, versatile racquet. I have been demoing everything under the sun for the last two years and have finally settled on this, switching from the Babolat Pure Drive. The frame is more forgiving and flexible than the Pure Drive, and I find that after adding some lead tape at 3 and 9 o'clock and the handle, I get the plow through that I need. I bought the Wilson BLX Pro as well, and really like the feel and precision of it, but the pro open has such amazing spin potential that I can generate angles from all over the court without sacrificing much in stability. I highly recommend this for all court players who want a combination of touch, spin and stability.
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger ALU Rough, 55 lbs

Comments: Demoed this racket alongside the BLX Blade 98, BLX Tour, and the BLX Surge. By far this is the best for my game. I tend to overhit, and this racket kept me in check while still allowing me to deliver the shots I needed. Very easy to swing and is very comfortable.

Comments: After a long hiatus from tennis, getting back to form and function started with an education of all the latest racquet and string technologies. Demos galore, and settling, if it can be called that, on the BLX Pro Open. No arm/shoulder pain with this one, but I did have to search out string/tension combinations that gave me exactly what I wanted. Out of the box with NXT Tour at or above 55 lbs was simply not that playable without over-thinking every shot. Reducing the tension and selecting "softer" feel strings and combinations is the way to go. Once happy with power, all the rest falls into place. Wilson needs help on grip technology, but all the rest is ready to go!
From: CR, 10/11
String type and tension: Natural gut, 54 lbs

Comments: I am an all around/spin type of player. I tried about 10 racquets which brought me to the Dunlop 500 Tour and this one. I like the Wilson Pro Open better in maneuverability and feel but it missed a bit of power (due to the lack of weight in the tip) that the Dunlop 500 Tour does have. So I experimented a bit with lead tape at different positions. Final conclusion: with 4 grams of lead at 3 and 4 grams at 9 o'clock you got yourself a perfect racquet.

Comments: I'm 13 years old and all I have to say is that this is a great racquet. The minute I got it I knew I was gonna play better than normal. My serve is now better with it and always deep in the box. I'm able to crush shots without thinking that it's gonna go out. My backhand slices are way better. I love this racquet, hope to get more for high school.
From: TK, 9/11
String type and tension: Babolat RPM Blast 16 at 56 lbs

Comments: I used to use a Babolat AeroPro Drive Cortex, but it didn't have enough feel to it. With the Wilson BLX Pro Open, I have both feel and power. It needs tight strings to stay in control though, thus the 55 pounds tension on my Luxilon ALU Rough. Any less and maybe I won't have as much control. With the 55 pounds tension, almost any shot I make stays in. It's great on ground-strokes, great at volleys. Average on serves. I love it. I want to get another one.
From: Vic, 9/11
String type and tension: Luxilon ALU Rough

Comments:I can generate good spin with this racquet considering it's 18x20. But I find it hard to flatten out balls with this stick. It's not as stable and solid as I expected (not that bad either, just good enough) especially when blocking fast/heavy balls. It also didn't give me good feel on the volleys. Serve and slice are pretty average.
From: Helaz, 9/11
String type and tension: Poly, 58 lbs

Comments: I have tried probably more than 20 racquets and really liked this one. I liked it better for singles. Groundstrokes are very nice and my serve was much better than my previous head-heavy Wilson Hyper Hammer racquets. This one added more weight and is head-light so serves and groundstrokes are much better. For doubles, I would like a little more pop so I'm currently tweaking with string tension and lead tape at 3 and 9 o'clock. When I first added the lead tape it was a little heavier than I wanted so I decreased the amount of tape and am still working out the little kinks. I get many more serves in with this racquet than previously. I tried to go heavier with the BLX Pro Tour but I had much less power with that racquet and had trouble with a 2 handed backhand as that racquet was heavier than I was used to. I don't think the Gosen is the ideal string choice - but I'll keep testing some other string and see which one works and I strung the first time a little tight at 61 lbs but will tweak that also.
String type and tension: Gosen OG Micro at 61 lbs
NTRP Rating: 4.5-5.0

Comments: This Wilson BLX Pro Open is a nice racquet. It has good feel and touch. Groundstrokes have a little more speed on them. Volleying is good also with more touch and direction. Serves are better, the spin is good. This racquet is also good for playing doubles even though the racquet weighs 11.0 ounces. This racquet is worth a trying and a keeper for me.
From: Greg, 8/11
String type and tension: Wilson Hollow Core Pro 17g

Comments: This racquet just works for me. I switched from a Dunlop Biomimetic 500 Tour which is a very good racquet but this just feels right. My forehand is better. I now have an improving two handed backhand. I have just the right blend of power and control with spin to spare. I will be playing this one for a while. A great racquet for the developing player.
String type and tension: Black Venom 16L at 55lbs

Comments: I previously played with the Head Prestige midplus Microgel and this racquet just offers so much spin! The thing that I miss so much with my old prestige is the solid feel of hitting flatter shots. Volleys with the prestige were more crisp giving me a better feel of the ball. Off the baseline this racquet was very powerful. My spin production in my opinion went up to almost double, but my ability to put away shots with this racquet was somewhat reduced. For me a baseliner would love the consistency he/she can get from this racquet. Although, it's not as solid and crisp as I would want, but it really helped my game from the baseline. I would however love it if TW were able to give us a review with their playtesters to see if my opinions were correct given that this is a best seller.
From: Rafael. 06/11

Comments: I rented and tried about 18 different racquets over the course of a couple of months before randomly picking this one up. I don't remember why, but I know I never received a suggestion to try it. The second I started hitting with it I knew it was the one. I played with it for a week where I won 3 matches, including beating my friend 6-1, 6-1 who I rarely beat in 2 sets. I bought it the next week and my game has only continued to improve. I can't recommend this racquet enough, and I can't see myself straying from the Wilson Pro line of racquets.

Comments: Used to have an old nCode. I don't even remember the last time I heard someone talk about them. Anyway, I needed a new racquet, and my coach recommended this one. Dang, was this a good choice. I like how it feels like an equal weight throughout the entire racquet, rather than it being head or grip heavy. I get really nice topspin off it. I couldn't be happier with this choice. I am on varsity, and I don't really see that many players using it. Don't know why. If you want a really nice, equal weighted, topspin friendly racquet, this is the one for you.
From: Nick. 6/11

Comments: I've enjoyed playing with Yonex tennis racquets for the past decade, but when a friend of mine let me try his new Wilson BLX Pro Open, I didn't want to give it back, this racquet is excellent. One of the first things I noticed was how beautiful the paint job was, it has a clean design that won't make you dizzy, it's a polished paint job that isn't bright orange or blood red. I was pleasantly surprised at how heavy the racquet felt. I was expecting it to feel much lighter since I use to racquets that weigh 11.5+ oz. I've read some of the comments about how the racquet could use some lead tape, I agree, but I'd also add that this racquet is no pushover and does not twist even when volleying hard hit balls. The racquet is very responsive and allows you to adjust the amount of spin you apply to the ball. I think one reason for this is because unlike many Wilson racquets this one is easier to swing, and does not have that "bulky" feeling that non-Wilson fans can't stand. By-the-way, if anyone is interested, the Wison Surge is a perfect example of a Wilson racquet that's hard to swing and feels bulky. The BLX Pro Open will outperform the Babolat Pure Drive, because it has a flat beam, it's easier to swing, it has easier access to spin, and is a couple of more points head light. I don't think it will outperform the KBlade 98, which, if I were going to purchase new racquets, would be the racquet I would demo against the BLX Pro Open. In summary, regardless of the person's level of play, they could purchase this racquet without demoing it and know they are not wasting their money, and with the cofidence of knowing their not making a bad choice. Nice job, Wilson!

Comments: I just got through hitting with this stick on the ball machine. It feels really good in the hand and is extremely maneuverable. The racquet really stood out in volleys and serves. My only complaint is I wish it was just a little bit heavier which I'm sure is a common complaint. I usually don't like fooling around with lead tape but I might make an exception here considering how good the racquet felt in my hand. I feel like spin potential would be pretty good once I get my own string setup in it.
From: Andrew, Wilmington, NC, USA. 5/11
String type and tension: Wilson Hollowcore

Comments: This stick is a best seller for a reason. It's a solid no-nonsense frame that fits a lot of players, both men and women. Julia George's (WTA) forehand with her BLX Pro Open is a flat out weapon. This is a solid frame for anyone at the 4.0/4.5 level. Every 3.5 to 4.5 player who hits with one of my BLX Pro Opens comments how solid this frame is. There are plenty of Pure Drive GT former owners who will tell you the BLX Pro Open is a better match for their game. I'm one of those guys. The PDGT is an arm killer with an RDC of 70. The Pro Open measures 65 on the RDC, so it's stiff, just not as stiff as the Pure Drive GT+. It's still a little light at 11.1 strung, so a little lead at 3&9 and a heavier leather grip are all you need to customize this frame. The Wilson BLX Pro Open offers plenty of power, but most importantly, it offers controlled power. I spent six months demoing frames and went through a dozen of them. The usual suspects including the Babolat PDGT, PDGT+, Head Extreme Pro (my 2nd choice in frames), Head Radical MP, Prince EXO3 White and Black, Yonex RDiS 200, Boris Becker London. If you're a very strong 3.5 that beats many 4.0s, or if your a 4.0/4.5 and think you might like a Babolat Pure Drive GT, consider the Pro Open BLX. Yeah, the paintjob is lacking, but the frame is solid. I'm a happy owner of four of these frames now. Every time I walk on the court, I have complete faith in this frame to do the job.

Comments: I play with the Head Youtek Prestige MP, was looking for something lighter, comfortable with more power and an open string pattern. I just went by the specs and bought this. This is an amazing stick, lighter, powerful, solid and immensely comfortable with no compromise on control. Serves are great, strokes are powerful and spin is great. The only problem that I'm having and adjusting to is slice. The light feeling was nasty with slice in the beginning, but I'm getting over it. This Wilson stick is so comfortable and has wonderful control. I simply loved it.
From: Obaid, Marlboro, NJ, USA. 4/1
String type and tension: Bablat XCel Power 17 @ 56lbs.

Comments: I really enjoyed this racquet. It's light enough to whip around quickly to generate topspin, slice or drive the ball flat and deep. Solid at the net as well as on serve.
However, it is on the light side and would need some lead tape for me to use it. No shot feels heavy enough, precise enough, especially on serve. I could generate much more speed and spin with other racquets with the same effort.
As a reference I demoed this along side the AeroPro Drive GT and every ball that came off the APDGT was heavier and had more pace due to it's extra weight and stiffness. I couldn't swing the Babolat as fast but I was rewarded more when I did.
A more user-friendly version of the APDGT, less stiff and lighter. If you need to beef it up to get similar power then some lead should do the trick.
From: Hoosierbr on the TT boards, So. CA, USA, 03/11

Comments: I tested four racquets together: (1) The Dunlop Biomimetic 600, (2) the Babolat AeroPro Team GT, (3) the Volkl Power Bridge 5, and (4) the Wilson BLX Pro Open.
I'm a light-bodied player that needs help generating his power from a stick. This stick was exactly what I was looking for. The Volkl helped a lot too, but this blx pro open gave me a strong, sturdy, comfortable feel that made me confident.
Despite its strong ability to drive deep, I found it easy to slice and do drop shots as well. Generating racquet head speed for serves was a little difficult, but I got used to it and now I let the racquet do the work for me and focus more on placement.
Between the four sticks (listed above) I went with the Wilson BLX Pro Open. It's basically exactly what I - as a singles base- liner who doesn't have a lot of personal strength - was looking for.
From: Sterling, Cedar City, UT, USA, 03/11
NTRP Rating: 3.0-3.5

Comments: I've been playing with the old Pro Staff 6.1 Classic since 1998, I love this racquet, but yesterday, after feel lot of pain in my arm, I changed my racquets for the Pro Open. I'm very surprised with the result; this frame is very solid and has a great balance between power and control. I never wanted to change my old racquets, but my arm was suffering a lot with the Pro Staff 6.1 Classic, and after playing 1 hour, the worst problem was my serve, due the pain in my arm, my serve stopped working. I recommend this racquet.
From: Joao Francisco, 01/11

Comments: I am an aggressive USTA 3.5, 62 years young. I demoed over 20 rackets from TW, bought 3 different ones and finally found this stick. It immediately had the crispiness, control and power I was looking for. The ball pocketing is great, I now have bought three after 3 months and have moved down in tension and added 6 grams to head and 6 grams to handle for my final customizations as I do with all my rackets. This is the best stick I have had in years.
From: Fred, Columbus, OH, USA, 01/11
String type and tension: Luxilon Timo 18 Main at 35/ Klip Nat Gut 40

Comments: So there seems to be this battle going on between those using The BLX Pro Open and those using the Pure Drive GT and not about the racquets attributes or detriments. Both are good sticks. The Pro Open is a much better all around racquet with superior feel possibly suited for the player with more developed technique whereas the PD is more powerful with less control and a better match for baseliner with less developed technique. I own both and have them strung with same string and tension for an accurate comparison. I don't know how the PO compares to the Aero Pro Drive GT personally, but I do know 2 solid 5.0's who prefer the PO to the APD GT as well.
From: Steve, USA, 12/10

Comments: This is a great frame that is very similar to the Aeropro Drive GT in playing characteristics only it is a slight bit lighter. In fact this is the closest thing IMO to the Aeropro Drive GT out of the all the rackets I demoed, including the Pure Drive GT. Spin potential is high, power is medium-high, there is a nice feeling of control, and shot variety just comes easy. Weight and balance work well for both doubles and singles, and there is plenty of room for weight customization.
The only thing I didn't like about this frame is the Basalt. Basalt has a sort of deadening and stiffening feel that I don't really like much. This made the frame feel a bit stiffer and harsher than the Aeropro Drive GT imo, even thought the Wilson has a more flexible rating. I got a better, more comfortable feel for the Aeropro Drive GT and I didn't need to add as much lead tape to bring the racket up to my preferred weight range. Otherwise I really liked this frame. If there were just a plain graphite version with the same specs I'd be all over it. If you're looking for a slightly lighter version of the Aeropro Drive GT or just have some weird thing against Babolat then you should really give this one a try. Nice looking cosmetics too.
From: Anon, SoCal, 12/10

Comments: I may have been crazy to demo this racquet but on paper it is similar (head size, balance, etc.) to two other racquets I demoed, the Head YOUTek Radical MP and the Babolat AeroDrive Pro GT. I did not like the feel of this racquet. It was dense, thick, very unbalanced, very head-heavy, and it didn't generate much feel. I guess my comparison "on paper" was not the best.
From: Pat, NJ, USA, 12/10
String type and tension: Wilson Hollow Core Pro 17 String
NTRP Rating: 3.5-4.0

Comments: A friend and I went on a Racquet Quest over the summer and demoed more than a dozen sticks. �We both ended up getting this one. �For my money, it's perfect for the enthusiast who wants a racquet that offers a lot of control, but isn't ready (or doesn't want) a full-on player's frame. It's an excellent all-around racquet. �Even strung at 60lbs, it generates plenty of pop and/or spin on serve when I do my part; is very maneuverable at net for good volleying; and hits well from all over the court whether you're going for power, placement, spin, whatever. The weight is easily manageable and offers a fast swing speed with sufficient, if not overwhelming, plow-through. I felt more comfortable taking bigger swings at the ball with this racquet than most others. With tension at 60lbs, my shots still go deep and stay inside the baseline better than my not perfect technique allowed with some other racquets. The Pro Open has a better feel than similar Babolats. And, let's be honest, this is basically Wilson's version of a Babolat. Although, my friend and I both felt that the Pure Storm GT has an even better feel and offers more control. �But despite the PSGT's wonderful soft touch, we were more consistent with the Pro Open and enjoyed its forgiving nature.
From: CL, Portland, OR, USA, 12/10
String type and tension: Bab. RPM Blast 17 mains (60)/Wilson Hollowcore 16 crosses (60)
NTRP Rating: strong 3.0/weak 3.5

Comments: Just got mine last week. So it's been a thrill to play with. Spin generation on the racquet has been unbelievable. The sweet spot, compared to other sticks in its class, is a lot larger. May think about purchasing another soon.
From: Pat, Palos Verdes, CA, USA, 11/10
String type and tension: Head 16g 58lbs

Comments: About 4 months ago I purchased a PDGT as sort of an alternative to my Wilson BLX Pro Open (purchased 3 months before the PDGT). About a month before the purchase of the BLX Pro Open I demoed both racquets extensively and chose the BLX PO, but there were 2 things about the PDGT that compelled me to buy it as well 3 months later and those 2 "things" were the power and hype. After trying and trying to fall in love with the PDGT I eventually went back to the PO as it is just a much better all around racquet with about 85 - 90% the power of the PDGT. If you are looking for feel, control and directional capability go with the PO but if you lack arm strength or are small in stature you may be better suited for the PDGT. Don't get swept up in the paint job and hype like I did. Demo both sticks with an open mind as looks can be very deceiving.
From: Guy, Nashville, TN, 10/10
String type and tension: Wilson Enduro Poly (55)/Gamma Live Wire (55)
Headsize: 100sqi

Comments: I am twelve and have played with this stick for just over about 4 months and I am still loving it. Solid feel, and a good heavier stick is all I want. I get more than just that. A lot of control and spin. Its also easy to swing even though, well I'm sort of small. Good choice for in my opinion, anyone.
From: Noah, Madison, WI, USA, 10/10

Comments: I really do love this racquet! I'm 5. 10" and weigh 165 lbs, so at 11.1oz strung, I thought the racquet was a bit to light and lacking plow through. I added 2grams of lead at 3 and 9 o'clock for a total of 4grams. Then, I added 8g of lead to the handle and covered with a Gamma white overgrip (5g) for a total of 17g of weight. Now the racquet is a solid 11.7oz HL with tournament weight. Very stable, and powerful! Good spins, and "heavy" groundies are easily hit with this one. Good at the net. Good for returning serves. I would recommend using a full poly, or co-poly hybrid set with this one because the extra mass makes the racquet very powerful. But, it's also very stable. It is able to handle powerful shots from your opponents.
From: Alex, Houston, TX. 09/10
String type and tension: Babolat RPM Blast 16 M @57 lbs, Wilson K-Gut 16 X @59 lbs
Headsize: 100 sq.in

Comments: I chose this stick thinking to my elbow and I was right. It's easy to play every stroke, comfortable, great control, too much power so you need to spin a little to put the ball in the court. I have an old pro staff 95 (what a beauty, if I can play with, there was no chance for another stick). I can say this is the right stick for me (for now), and if someone wants a players stick without the + weight should give a chance to the blx pro open.
From: Alessandro, 09/10
String type and tension: 22/24 kg

Comments: Of all the racquets that I'd call "power midplus" types currently marketed, this one affords me the most confidence at midcourt when I want to drive a ball deep into the corner. Too hard to keep the ball consistently in play with the competitor racquets from Prince and Babolat. Exceptionally comfortable, very maneuverable, very good control, ample power. Racquets barely over 11 ounces don't tend to have serious plow out of the box, so I've added some lead directly over the PWS bulges with excellent effect. I've noticed I double fault less with this racquet than the competitors; I think the absence of string ports or woofers, or whatever, just gives a more consistent response off the strings.
From: Diablo, NJ, USA, 08/10
String type and tension: Weisscannon Silverstring, 58 lbs.

Comments: Excellent racquet and excellent feel. Great control at net. Add Babolat natural gut VS to get the best of the racquet.
From: Patrick, 08/10
String type and tension: Babolat nat gut VS 17. 54 lbs

Comments: I've just recently demoed two rackets the Babolat pure storm GT and This BLX Pro open and I've got to say I really liked the Babolat pure storm GT better but I decided to go with the Pro Open because of the feel, spin, and pace was different and felt very solid. One thing that you should think about before buying this racket is are you ready to start over and change some things in your game, because this racket was nothing like my k factor k seven and it has tons of power and a lot of getting use to.
From: Scott, BP, MN, USA, 07/10
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane 59lb

Comments: I am used to play with a KBlade Tour, which begins to be too demanding for me, and I want to switch to a lighter stick (I'm 49). I play an all round game w/1HBH and FH w/eastern grip). I like to finish points at net when possible and play some finesse shots from time to time. I'm looking for a stick that allows me a more modern game from the baseline w/a more closed grip (between eastern and semi W) and more topspin w/a fast swing. I demoed the BLX ProOpen twice. This is it! Good feel, good power. If you hit w/topspin the ball falls deep but lacks weight. You don't have to fear about long hitting. Take a cut and rip the ball! It's in. It's light so you can play all day long. BH slices are fine. But the best is at net. The stick is a part of your hand. When you find the adjustment, approach shots are good too. The only minus is w/the serve: the stick lacks a little weight on the serve (flat or kick), but placement is accurate. In my opinion, suitable to a variety of players. At lower NTRP levels, you get control. At higher levels, if you have a sound technique w/ample swing and want to finish points at net (or play doubles), this stick is for you if you accept a little drop in ball weight. For those who played w/KBT and want something lighter or those who played w/nSixTwo and want something heavier, this is for you! Personally, I put some lead here and there and I'm considering putting it in my bag
String type and tension: Luxilon Adrenaline

Comments: Extremely happy with frame. I finally gave up my old Prince CTS Synergy 28 110 size frames after 14 years and tried almost every demo for a few months before buying the Pro Open. I had more power and it was easier to hit solid groundstokes than with the Prince Graphite or Rebel. I was much more consistent hitting out with it, than with the Babolat frames. Groundstrokes with western grip felt great immediately with good spin and power likely from the open string pattern and 100 sq. inch frame. Took a few weeks to adjust to touch with volleys and slice.
From: LO, Dallas, TX, USA, 07/10
String type and tension: Luxilon/Wilson nxt56

Comments: I tried this racquet out today during a clinic at my local club. The first thing I noticed was the feel. Hitting drop shots or angled volleys were incredible. The flex of the racquet was perfect at 66. I also loved hitting slice and kick serves. You can really "feel" the ball when you strike it. I was hitting great groundstrokes, but where this racquet really shines is at the net. I was able to knock off volleys that usually I wouldn't be able to hit to save my life. This racquet is similar to the Babolat aeropro drive cortex, but this Wilson racquet has way better feel. Awesome racquet!!
From: Alex, USA. 07/10
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour @56 lbs.

Comments: Had a two hour demo hit and ordered one right away. More control here than pop but power is very adequate, perfect feel and flex, firm but plush hit, maybe the most stable 11 ounce racquet I've ever hit with -- didn't experience twisting even once, and I usually do feel off center torque with other lighter racquets. Plenty of spin, best tightrope slice I've ever hit with 11 ounces. Even without any added weight volleys felt secure and it was exceptionally maneuverable. Very easy on the arm, no elbow issues here. The only shortcoming is the low swingweight; this is no sledgehammer, but I plan to add some weight either on the shaft or both ends depending on how testing goes with both setups.
From: Gene, Houston, Tx. 5/10

Comments: I like the weight and with my medium swing can generate plenty of topspin in a rally from the baseline where I tend to stay. It seems to be very forgiving and I enjoy hitting with it. Confidence is way up in long rallies. Volleying felt no different to my old Prince hybrid shark. But the serve! My usual kick serve which I rely on a lot has disappeared completely. I used to enjoy seeing people think, hey I've got an easy return here, look at their racquet, and wonder what happened. Admittedly, my flat serve is a little better, but it does not offset what has happened to my kick serve and I'm on the backfoot a lot now on the return of my serve.
From: Dave, 05/10
String type and tension: As supplied

Comments: Wow this is an amazing racquet! I've had it for about a month and it's solid in all departments! Coming from a team racquet I wanted something a little heavier but not 12 oz. I play high school tennis and tournament play. I tried 2 Babolat racquets.. and there was way too much power. I like to generate my own power. All in all this was a really good racquet.

Comments: After purchasing this racquet it took awhile to get used to, but then had a nice feel of power and good control. A little harder to get extreme topspin with this stick but overall a solid racquet.
From: blaise, va, usa. 4/10

Comments: Interesting racquet. I use both an AeroPro Drive, and a Wilson Pro Staff, depending on my mood. When I first picked up this stick, it was so light and easy to use, that I loved hitting with it. However, when it came down to putting some meat into my ground strokes, it felt like a tin version of even the Aeropro. It lacks feel and accuracy. This stick is a great tweener, and I would think ideally suited for women, or just generally people with low power. Too much pop, too little plow through. That's the best analogy I can think of.. To conclude, I think this is a great racquet, but not anything that even resembles a players frame.. Enjoy!
From: Danny, U.S.A. 4/10

Comments: This is an OUTSTANDING racquet. Demoed for 2 weeks locally and bought one from TW - and it did include cover even though they said it would not. It is similar to the Pure Drive but feels easier to swing. Large sweetspot - solid on contact even when miss it. Perfect level of power with right string and tension (58 lbs for me). Good access to spin. I have 1 hand BH, hit topspin on both sides and I have never played better in my life than I have since I started playing with this racquet about a month ago. I attribute the improvement to this terrific racquet. Feels like it is an extension of my hand and arm. Thank you Wilson!
From: Marc, NJ, USA. 04/10
String type and tension: Tecnifibre Multifiliment 18g

Comments: Best all around racquet that I have ever used bar none. Easier to use than the Babolat Pure Drive gt. More control than the Prince exo3 black.
From: BK San Jose Ca 03//10
String type and tension: Luxilon big banger alu power 55
NTRP Rating:4.0

Comments: Very good stick. Far superior to the Babolat Pure Drive GT. Good control, good pop, good weight, all over good. Highly recommended.
From: Anon, Louisville, KY, USA 03/10

Comments: Just got this stick a few days ago and all I can say is that it hits like a dream. Groundies feel amazing and the 100sqin headsize offers me some forgiveness. For people who use spin for control, this racquet offers you a lot of spin while basically allowing me to place my shots anywhere I wanted to in the court. The low swingweight let me generate my own pace because I have a longer backswing and it was maneuverable at the net. Serving was amazing allowing me to flatten out my shot and to get some kick on it during second serves. Basically an all around amazing stick and would recommend it. The recommended stringing tension is actually 53-63lbs.
From: M, US. 3/10
String type and tension: Luxilon BB power 16g/Tecnifibre biphase 16g 60/58
NTRP Rating:Competitive Junior

Comments: What a stick! I've been stubborn all these years, never giving up my original Babolat Pure Drive frames (probably 6-8 years old now??). Competitive player, 3/4 x's week, ground and pound, big first. Demo'd plenty of new sticks in the last 6 months. Didn't like the new Babo's, in my opinion too bulky and too drastic a change from their original ground breaking frames years ago (the one I've been using). This Wilson plays how I envisioned an updated (original) Babo Pure Drive should play like. Updated as in greater stability and power, and better net play and feel (contrary to some other reviews. I did think it was spin friendly, and def had some power to it. Serves well. Very maneuverable- yet great stability. I'm sold with the Wilson Pro Open BLX.
From: RyNo, Phoenix, AZ 02/10
String type and tension: hybrid

Comments: Awesome racket! I thought the cosmetic was a little strange but I got used to it. A good combination of pace spin and control. Serves were really good too. If your an aggressive baseliner who likes to attack with spin you should demo this one.
From: Jonathan Ross, CA 01/10
String type and tension:Demo
NTRP Rating: Competitive junior

Comments: I have been on a long demo stretch and have tried over 15 frames, including exo3 black, ignite team, apdc, apdgt, pstgt, psgt, pslgt, pdgt+, pdrgt, Gamma 320x, Volkl PB10 MPL, DNX9, Head RadPro, Speed 16x19 and Head YT Prestige MP and a few others, BUT never tested a Wilson. I have never been a big Wilson fan (always grew up a Prince boy back in late 80-early90s). Have been looking for a replacement of my beloved Prince Diablo MP. Now being 35yo, I have realized I need a slightly less demanding stick, both on static weight and SW. Still wanted something w/ control and some flex so I never really liked the 70+ stiff sticks--like the PD series.
So I decided to test out the BLX Pro Open as the specs seemed OK--def a little light, but could be easily modified with some lead. My demo was brand new from my local store and strung w/ fresh Wilson Hollow Core (horrible IMO). I put on my normal Supex OG and Sampras O damp. and it weighed right at 320g and hit the courts against a 5.0 buddy of mine.
Groundies are really nice with this stick. There is plenty of control and spin and flats are easy to come by. There was actually not as much power as I was expecting, which was really nice. My 1hb slice was effortless with this one--nice low and tight. Defensive shots were easy to come by with the 12.75"balance. Volleys were a little shaky and stability was also suspect as well. But for a fist hit--was impressed.
Decided I needed some more weight/stability so I added 8g to 3/9 bringing it to 328g and SW of around 330 (per TW customization page) and BOOM! Hit last night for 3hrs and had this stick and the new Youtek Prestige MP (nice stick but toooo demanding for long periods). What a HUGE difference! SO much more stability, spin, and pop. Volleys much better and my fh really came alive. Serve potential is definitely there too. It was cooler last night (45*) but you could tell this one has some pop on serves.
SO I am picking up 2 of these and I am going to be done for a LONG while with demoing (so sick of this process!) Going to string one with my normal Pacific Classic 16g/Topspin CyberRed 17g at 56/54 and the other poly/syn gut. With some lead (6-8g) this is a nice stick. I would compare it to a Pure Drive GT and/or APDC/GT, BUT with much more flex/forgiveness and more control/less pop.
From: KC, South Carolina, USA 01/10
String type and tension: Wilson Hollow Core 17g 58#
Headsize:100"
NTRP Rating:4.0+

Comments: Due to the specs of the racquets, one who likes to generate a lot of racquet head speed will appreciate this racquet. That allowed one to easily take good cuts at the ball or take balls successfully late in defensive postures. Though the ball seems to zip through the court, lack of heavy ball was noticeable. After some target adjustment, depth of the ball was easily found and spin shots to create acute angles were produced with much success. Again the specs of the racquet allowed an increase in racquet head speed and maneuverability. This allowed serve pronation to be easily executed. Spins and slice serves were a delight, but again a heavy ball was noticeably lacking. Flat serves lacked some zip but accuracy due to the light racquet heft made up for it. Maneuverability seems the right word for this racquet. Those with slow hands will surely enjoy this racquet at net, as the lack of head heft and static weight made the racquet very responsive to fast acting shots at net. The racquet is light and would be a good intermediate and advanced doubles racquet of choice. Though the racquet may find itself lacking heavy produced shots, the control of the racquet will allow for better defensive. I would again suggest these racquets to intermediate players who rely a lot on defense.
From: TT Username: Sup2Dresq
Racquet of Choice: Tecnifibre 320 VO2 Max

Comments: Personally this frame has too much power for me. I had to slow down my swing considerably to control the ball. Forehand: tons of power. I could not generate the topspin that I am used to creating. The balance was almost even. I was able to hit my cross court approach shots on the forehand side very well. Other than that I really had to shorten and slow my swing down. Backhand: This actually helped my backhand. The frame being less demanding was good for me. I could just concentrate on good contact and swing smooth. The result was better than usual. I still could not generate the topspin that I would have liked to. My flat serve was great, definitely added a some MPH. My kick serve did not have the same bite that I am used to hitting. When I play I generally hit 95% kick serves and 5% flat so I was not satisfied with this for my serve. This is where this racket ultimately failed for me. I love to serve and volley, priding myself on being a good volleyer. But that was it. I had no touch. No control on my control volleys. All I was able to do well was solid deep volleys. Short angles, no control. The few positives definitely did not out way the negatives. I would never buy this racket for myself. There is a market for it, just not with me.
From: TT Username: Jefferson
Racquet of Choice: Wilson Kblade Tour

Comments:This racquet has a low swingweight and is very maneuverable. Spin generation off both sides is excellent, and my 1HBH slice stays low with some nice bite. The low SW made slicing feel a little off, but the results were not much different than my normal racquet. Depth took a bit to dial in, but soon I found my range and was hitting steady deep topspin. This was a very comfortable racquet to hit with. Against a bit more pace, I did feel the low SW, but overall a nice hit. This was interesting to serve with. I felt like I was able to generate good pace, and moderate spin, but my serving was actually a little less productive than with my normal racquet. I enjoyed the feel of the ball off the strings on volleys, but I did not feel like I got a lot control. I also felt a little pushed around against pace with my volleys, more so than groundies. Oddly enough, the light weight seemed to benefit this racquet on returns. The racquet was easy to get into position, and stayed firm against harder serves. Overall, I enjoyed this racquet. It feels comfortable spec wise for me, and similar enough to many racquets that I use or have owned.
From: TT Username: Shell
Racquet of Choice: Wilson NCode NTour 2

Comments: Because of the light weight, I had to slow down and wait on the ball, but once I got the timing right, it was pretty nice. Baseline forehands felt pretty solid for the most part and my 2HbH was also pretty satisfying. I struggled with the light weight a lot and the racquet felt like I really had to use a lot of wrist to get topspin. The frame is very maneuverable and cuts through the air very fast. This is where the lack of weight and plow through hurt me most. If I hit a hard volley off center it went nowhere. I really had to watch and try and hit the ball near the center or the volley would have no punch to it. I had no real complaints with this racquet, but it also didn't really stand out in away way. Seems like a good all around racquet for someone who plays both doubles and singles. Comfort seemed pretty good, but I felt some vibrations on some off center hits. It was SO MUCH lighter than what I normally use, it's tough for me to give an adequate review.
From: TT Username: Jack B1
Racquet of Choice: Head Youtek Radical or Babolat Pure Storm Tour

Comments: I am used to playing with KBT. This has too much power for me. It did feel solid on both wings. I was able to generate an ample amount of topspin. I generally hit a very heavy forehand, this was not as heavy as usual. But the power was there. When I went after it, the ball exploded off the racket. If you are a player who has a full but medium swing, this is a good stick for you.
From: TT Username: Jefferson