Comments: I bought this racquet for my daughter as a beginner and she loves it! Will likely purchase another Prince possibly just like this one! Made a world of difference in her game!
From: Connie, 10/14

Comments: I bought this sight unseen because it seemed like a great deal at $99 and I thought it might be a good replacement for my previous racquet, the Volkl PB8. I wish I had demoed it. I'm a 4.0 and was looking for something with a bit more control and plow through. Unfortunately, this stick has a very muffled, almost numb feel, and it has way too much power -- so many shots that would ordinarily go in sailed over the baseline. Someone else accurately described it as a "trampoline effect." My hope was that I could replace the rubber grommets with the hard plastic ones that were mentioned in the TW review. But it turns out that review is outdated and now only the rubber grommets are available. I'm looking for something with more control, better feel and, given that I have a shoulder injury, probably something a bit more maneuverable (closer to 11 oz or less rather than 11.3). I certainly welcome any suggestions.

Comments: I've been using the O3 White for more than six years. Very comfortable stick that's good from beginner to advanced players. Like any racquet, finding a string that works for your game is as important as the racquet itself (for me it is Lux Big Banger 18 at 53 lbs). I am more of a baseline player that likes to hit deep, topspin balls. I sometimes struggle because of the lower swing weight and also the slower swing speed this racquet has, it takes more to put enough pace on the ball and thus I have to plan more strategy-wise to hit a winner. I wish it's a little heavier to give me more plow through for my single handed backhand, also more pop for the serve. However, with a proper setup this racquet offers enough power, decent spin, precise control, and great soft and responsive feel. I started playing tennis with this racquet and I think it's a wonderful learner's racquet that you can really progress with. Overall, the O3 White is a very balanced stick that's comfortable and forgiving, I'll recommend this racquet for people who enjoy serious tennis but don't play very aggressively.

Comments: I just demoed the Prince 03 White vs. the Prince Hornet Hybrid, Dunlop Bio 600 Tour, and the Head Speed Elite. The goal was to get a good racquet for my soon to be 14 year old for high school tennis. She previously had been using a Prince Spectrum Hybrid with too large of a grip. She liked the White the best, which surprised me because it was one of the heavier ones. Out of the 4, I felt it hit the best. I was pleasantly surprised by the stability, solid feel, and the spin production. Only thing I thought could have been better was the ease of changing the ball direction and touch shots. This is a matter of frame flex and I for one like a very soft racquet. I'm sticking with my Prince EXO3. I had expected the White to be like the old Prince Shark since they were both Sharapova racquets, but this is far better. I'd say it is in between a player's racquet and a tweener. Best for those who like to drive the ball from the baseline with consistency and power.

Comments: No racquet I know of solves the dilemma of being a nice "players" racquet with lots of pop but also exceptionally arm friendly, the way the 03 White does. Works really well for every aspect of the game, never causes any discomfort, love the feel that's at once somewhat isolated and cushy but with enough feel to play nice touch shots. Gives you what all the Prince "Black" series racquets gave you but without the sore elbow.

Comments: Just got this racquet the other day. Take my review with a grain of salt, because I am just learning how to play. This is my first nice racquet. It seems to provide plenty of power, which makes it tempting to make a short stroke at the ball, but if I follow through then I get a great result. For just learning how to play, I think that this racquet gives me the power I need to work on my form. I am very happy with this purchase, and would recommend it.
From: Masson, 8/12
String type and tension: Tecnifibre NRG2 @ 58 lbs

Comments: This is an update to my earlier comment. Apparently I got the re-issue version of this racquet. The stock numbers are 10.6oz unstrung, 12.8in balance point, and a swingweight of 290. After a month with this racquet (roughly 65 hours of playtime), I fiddled around with string tension/lead tape and settled in nicely with Big Banger ALU Power 16L strung at 63lbs (prestretched and broken in tension at 59lbs), lead tape at the top of the grip to bring the weight up to 11 7/8 oz with the balance point at 12 3/4 and swingweght of roughly 295. The thing now plays like a dream. This reissue comes with the soft grommet installed. Between that and a string dampener you really only get feedback when hittig outside the sweetspot. It takes getting used to but after a while it's kind of nice. This new version of the O3W has such a wide, stiff frame that if you are the type of player that provides his/her own power you will really need to do whatever you can to reduce what this thing provides because it really has a lot for a 100 sq. in head. I adore the amount of spin generated by this racquet/string setup. Forehands (semi- western) drop in on the baseline like bombs. My two handed backhand goes exactly where I want it. Give yourself a little extra room on slice serves. Mine are moving about 1-2 feet more than they used to. My kickers are bouncing alot higher now as well. With the added weight, volleys/drop shots are effortles. The lower swingweight makes this O3W reissue so maneuverable that I can hit overhead backhands all day and when playing doubles, I can stand right on top of the net with no fear. All in all, this racquet plays extremely well with little adjustments needed.
From: Stanley, 6/12
String type: Luxilon Big Banger ALU Power 16L

Comments: I bought this after my old Prince Air-O broke. After 1-200 serves and groundstrokes going long I decided to add 8g of overgrip and enough lead at the top of the handle to bring the racquet up to 11 5/8. This brought it to 4 points headlight and lowered the swing weight to about 275, effectively reducing the tremendous power this racquet produces while increasing maneuverability. The racquet plays extremely well now even though the feel when hit on the sweetspot is almost nonexistent. You do feel mishits but the racquet is so comfortable they don't affect mood too much. Spin is very easy to generate even with the factory installed strings.
From: Stanley, 6/12

Comments: I played with this stick and what struck me most was the lack of feel and control. I just thought with all this string movement and large o ports there is no way I can ever be consistent with this stick. But it is not all bad, because next I realized how comfy and spiny the o ports make this stick. I never felt my elbow once and that is good for me. That being said if you want some feel and control, look elsewhere, you won't get that from Prince o ports sticks. But if like an inexpensive racquet with a smooth ride and lots of unpredictable power and spin, look no further!
From: Nate, 11/11

Comments: I used the White 03 racquet yesterday for the first time. I loved it right away. My shots were going deep with very good control. Low shots were going over the net. The racquet feels solid, and I didn't have to swing as hard. I lowered the tension, which helps. My old racquet was strung much higher, shots were short, and I had to swing much harder. After looking at the specs and viewing customer reviews, I decided on this racquet. I was a little apprehensive because I didn't demo it, but now I'm very happy with the racquet and would highly recommend it.
From: Angela, 9/11
String type and tension: Wilson NXT 17, 58 lbs

Comments: I bought my 2003 back on Thanksgiving Day last year. I'd been struggling with some other racquets for 18 months after returning to the sport after more than 20 years off. They instantly helped my forehand, which I credit mostly to the Prince grip that I built my game on a hundred years ago with the Pro (replacing the legendary Jack Kramer Auto). I'm no expert after such a long hiatus from the game, but this is a very good racquet, especially when you factor in the price. A nice helping of power with plenty of control. Soft on the arm, maybe lacking a little in feel, but I've never had the best hands. I did lose a little on my serve, but I also cut the weight by 1/2 an ounce over my previous stick. And now I don't get fatigued if I have to play 2 tough sets with lots of deuce games on my serve. After 8 months with these racquets, I really like them but don't love them. Currently have them at 54 with Luxilon Savage. I'm not a big hitter, 2 handed backhand, topspin forehand, and will slice off both wings. An all courter when I'm playing well.
From: Kirk, 9/11
String type and tension: Luxilon Savage at 54 lbs
NTRP Rating: 4-4.5

Comments: I've used many racquets in the past two years but keep coming back to the 03 White. Loved the EXO3 Black as well but it killed my elbow; I feel I have virtually the same performance with the White in a much more arm friendly specification. The racquet has a terrific solid but dampened feel, power to burn with good control, serves lights-out (I don't serve big with most racquets but get some cheap points on serve with this one.) Vastly superior to the EXO3 White, a lighter stiffer frame that suffers much loss of control compared to this one.
From: Archie, 7/11
String type and tension: Beast XP 16, 58 lbs.

Comments: I switched to O3 Original White a couple of months ago and have seen a lot of improvement in my game. I don't have to over swing to get power on ground strokes. I had been using a Prince Diablo Tour Mid. Serves are solid and net play has improved. Caution- Before using the O3 White, I had never experienced elbow problems. I am currently having to take some time off due to moderate pain in elbow. Would not recommend to anyone with worries about tennis elbow.
NTRP Rating: low 4.0

Comments: Great racquet if you know how to use it. It took me quite some practice before I mastered the feel of this racquet. This racquet definitely favors "hard and flat hitters". For some reason, the stiffness of the frame makes it more comfortable for me to hit flat shots. Hitting top spin shots with this racquet is good, but still, I really don't feel like the racquet is suitable for spin shots. The only criticism I had is that, the muted feeling is giving me lots of troubles. I can't find the feel for drop shots and drop volleys.
From: Cresanne. 5/11
String type and tension: Prince Let R' Rip @ 60 lbs

Comments: This racquet is great! I recently got one and it is all I ever wanted and more. It is great for groundstrokes and serves, but stability is a minor issue. I highly recommend this racquet!
From: Richard. 03/11
String type and tension: Tecnifibre Red Code 16

Comments: Long time 85sq in. User that wanted the benefits of the newer tech. This frame fills the need for a new racket. It has more power, lighter overall by a couple of ounces, but after adjusting by shortening up the stokes everything fell into place! More power and my serve has increased to a real weapon. Volleys are easier to hit and place for winners.
From: Mark, Columbus, OH, USA, 09/10
String type and tension: Prince lightning 60

Comments: This is an EXCELLENT racket. I was looking for a little more pop for my groundies and serve, and this provided it. It's light, but plays with a little more power than my previous Prince racket, but still gives plenty of control. Highly recommended for the all-court player.
From: Emily, St. Charles, MO, USA, 08/10
String type and tension: Prince Synthetic 17, 60lbs
Headsize: Mid

Comments: I love this racquet! Great for players looking for a lighter racquet, but all the perks of a heavier one. Easy to swing and gets great control. It has a lot of pop on serves. I would highly recommend this racquet for anyone with a rating of 3.5-5.0.
From: Ricky, USA. 03/10
String type and tension: Tecnifibre Red Code Tension 58
Headsize: 100in.

Comments: I LOVE THIS RACQUET!! I used to have an ncode n4 oversize and wanted to switch to something smaller. This racquet is perfect for that. I had to make the decision between this one and the white speedport but this one is so much better better sweetspot, more power and much better control. I have a semi-western forehand and flat backhand this racquet gave me more power and control. I mainly bought it b/c my favorite WTA player endorsed it but once I got used to it and change the strings to Tecnifibre pro black code (100% polyester) I loved it even more, great racquet at a great price.. a must for all advance players who are looking for a fast swing, power and control.
From: Aj, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 03/10
String type and tension: Tecnifibre Black code 16
Headsize:100sq

Comments: Wow, this racket is definitely one of a kind! Although, it's been out for quite sometime now, it can still hold up with the very best of them. I recently got the O3 White last week, played with it once, with the worst strings known to man, but still managed to be very satisfied with the results. However, my serve is absolutely terrible so far but it's been like that for a while so maybe that's something I have to work on. I previously used a Microgel Extreme Pro and I still have it for a back-up until I buy another O3 White. I am quite feisty on the court and I literally get every thing back and this rackets is definitely helping my game changed into a more aggressive counter-puncher before college season starts. Great racket, don't demo, BUY it!
From: Tommy, Dublin, OH, USA, 09/09
String type and tension: Luxilon Alu Power, 60 lbs

Comments: Hey again everyone, and TW. Back with another review for the ever so popular O3 White. The reason why I bought this frame was because I have had constant recurring wrist and shoulder problems due to playing with heavier racquets. I bought this frame believing it would be arm friendly, swing friendly, and simply solid-it ended up being all three. Groundstrokes: They were so easy to hit, I felt like I could go on all day, and keep balls in, and deep, without fear of over-hitting. This racquet is very comfortable and stays in your hands well. It has great pop for people who may need it, or seek it. It also has a good 16x19 string pattern to help add some spin; it wasn't that hard to produce. However, it was much easier hitting flat with this frame, and it was more comfortable hitting flat. The only problem is that sometimes I felt like all needed to hold back if I wanted to force a winner, so don't go for too much when you play with this frame. Volleys: Volleys had a good solid amount of punch to them, not so extraordinary, but not so average. I enjoyed playing doubles with it as this frame was very maneuverable at net, lightweight, easy to use for fast exchanges, and it has great stability, so it won't twist or move around in your hand. I loved how comfortable and solid my volleys felt. Serves: Serving takes a little bit of time to get used to, but it gave me a killer slice serve out wide, and down the T. I liked serving with the O3 White very much in singles and doubles. Spin was pretty easy to produce, and you did not have to put in all of your might to get a super serve in. Serve returns: I liked returning with the O3 White because again-it was very stable in my hands. I could take a good cut at a ball and still keep it in, and deep. This frame is a real joy to hit with, and it's great for people who want a little umph put into their game, without any problems-long swings, short swings, medium-it doesn't matter, I played around with the string tension to find it to be quite a versatile frame. Adding lead tape to this frame to match specs of the Speedport Pro White made this racquet so much fun to hit with, as well.
Overall... [1 being worst, 10 being best]
Topspin: 7/10
Maneuverability: 9/10
Control: 7/10
Touch/feel: 7/10
Overall: 8/10

Comments: This is the most amazing racquet ever! It gives me so much power it's unbelievable! Down the line shots are awesome! Great control too! Make sure to string with Lightning XX! A must have!!
From: Kristian, Weatherford, Texas, USA 07/09
String type and tension: Prince Lightning XX @ 62 lbs
Headsize: 100 in

Comments: This racquet was my first racquet and it's great! I've had it for almost 3 years - my guard has broke and a bit disappointed with the paint job. I would run the racquet over the net and the black paint would come off but, I love the sweetspot and it makes serving heaven. It's a great racquet for anyone! It also has a balanced weight, which means both power and control. I'm guessing that's why people are so happy with the amount of spin being put on. It's an ideal racquet for all! This racquet has helped my touch - I can now hit drop shots of the baseline consistently almost like a winner :)
From: Hanna, Australia. 06/09
String type and tension: pacific poly/syn hybrid 65pounds

Comments: This is an excellent racquet, but don't get it just because Maria Sharapova endorses it. In fact, the one that Maria Sharapova uses is a modified version of this one, with a different string pattern and a slightly elongated length (the one she actually uses is marketed only in Japan by Prince as O3 XF Lite). I say that because this racquet is not a beginner's racquet. It has a solid weight and a swing weight, and it's a stiff racquet, meaning if you're a beginner who chose this just because you thought Maria looked sassy with it, you're in for some developing troubles in strokes. With that said, it is a very solid piece of work. It's stiff, so when you smash the ball right in the center, you can definitely feel the "splat" as the ball goes shooting off. The response you feel is great, due to its stiffness, although if you're one for tennis elbow problems, definitely stay away from this one. Serves are excellent, although I think having an extended length would've benefited it more. Volleys can be slightly dangerous if you're off-time, but if you're a well-trained player (say high school level), it shouldn't be a problem.

Comments: I am a high school player, I played with the turbo sharks...and I loved the solid felling of hitting backhands forehands and serves. I use a semi-western grip on my forehand, however the more spin I tried to produce with the shark the tougher it got to generate it. This led to a torn rotator-cuff tendon... however I decided to buy a new racquet so I bought the o3 white, but I stepped on the court I felt that the racquet and I belonged it was just amazing! It is my favorite racquet ever! The sweetspot is awesome, the control is my favorite, and the groundstrokes are just extraordinary!!! I generate tons of spin and I don't overuse my shoulder. I am just in love with this racquet!!!
From: Ben, Laredo, TX. United States. 04/09
String type and tension: string..anything but Babolat conquest tension 62lbs

Comments: I fell in love with this racket when I first received it because of how beautiful it looks but I didn't demo this racket. So when I first played, I was hitting bad. But you just need to experiment with different types of string to suit your style. Me, I prefer strings with spin over power. Planning on buying another one because it's that good!
From: Calvin, Milwaukee, WI, USA 4/09
Headsize: 100 in

Comments: This racquet is great. I've been switching between this one and the black speedport, and I keep coming back. Yes, this is a good racquet for serving and volleying, but keep in mind a lot of players on the tour who use this are able to hit winners without going for the volley. I personally love to rush into the net, but when I'm not feeling as confident, I can easily defend myself on the baseline. The reason I wanted to switch was because I felt that I couldn't control anything with this, but after a few months of lessons and team season, I found how I can get over.
From: Anon, USA. 3/09
String type and tension: Babolat Xcel @ 62

Comments: I still absolutely love this racquet! I started playing with it over a year ago when I was a 3.0 player. It has a solid feel and I have a lot of control with my shots. I then got the Pro White when I wanted a back up racquet and although I have additional power with the Pro White, I gave up some of the control I have with the O3 White. I'm glad to see the price drop - I'm buying another one!
From: Robin,: South Carolina. 3/09
String type and tension: Gamma 16 gauge professional spin

Comments: I loved this racquet. I still do but it's not the best for control or server. But you can generate power with it all in all a good racquet.
From: Josh, J-Ville, FL, USA. 2/09
String type and tension: Gamma 61 lbs

Comments: The best 4.5 hacker's stick ever made. As a 60-year-old 4.5 I've tried then all. Was coming off shoulder problems and was concerned about the high power rating of this racquet. No worries. Easier on the arm but with similar power and more control compared to a Babolat Pure Drive/Head Extreme/Dunlop 500 Tour. Immediately improved my 1 handed topspin backhand and spin serve. Adjust string set up for more control if required.
From: Jose, Bradenton, Fl. USA. 2/09
String type and tension: Mains: Head Fibergel Power 17g. Crosses: Prince Synthetic Gut/Duraflex 17g. Both strung at 58 lbs.

Comments: Amazing racquet. I have excellent control, power, placement, and spin. Absolutely the best racquet I have ever played with. Has made my game so much better!
From: matt, north carolina, usa. 1/09

Comments:I used this racquet for about two years and I loved it from the start. I gave it to my coach to string and he strung it far too low. In the mean time, I demoed the Aerogel 200 and I love it. Overall, this is a great racquet and I would say it is worth the demo. I know a lot of girls who play with this and it has improved their game from day one. I give it 7/10.
From: Pat, Gorham. 12/08

Comments: I transitioned from the Shark longbody to this racquet. Everyone says that it gives me more pace on the groundies and volleys. It is a bit head heavier than the Shark longbody so you cannot be late, this is especially true against big hitters. I added lead tape for stability, and spent sometime tuning the racquet to make me feel comfortable. I think this racquet has improved my game a bit.
From: chris, san jose, ca. 11/08
String type and tension: Babolat pro hurricane/fine play 56/59

Comments: This is the greatest tennis racquet I have never seen and had. It has so much power and control and this is what I want for so many years (9 years) and now I have become the best player in my school and my club!!!!!
From: Harry, New Zealand. 9/08

Comments: It gives great power on serve and volley. HOWEVER, too much power and too little control. The balls that I was hitting went everywhere. But, if you try to put extra effort on more spin, you can prevent extreme popping and keep your stroke powerful and nice.
From: Cho, Ann Arbor, Michigan. 8/08
String type and tension: DEMO

Comments: This racquet is great for the serve and volley. I just recently started incorporating this into my game and it has been great ever since. The Prince O3 White has the perfect blend of power and control in all aspects of the game. I would recommend this racquet for players who hit from the baseline and also to those who live at the net. The light weight of the racquet allows for great pace from the baseline as well as easy volleying. Definitely one of the most versatile racquets that I have played with so far.
From: Andrew, NC, USA. 8/08
String type and tension: Wilson Natural Gut @ 64

Comments: I love this racquet! it gives me so much power! It is awesome! It is the best racquet I have ever used! I used to play with the Flexpoint Radical Team racquet, but this one is way better. If you are looking for a racquet demo, this one!
From: Skyler, CA. 7/08

Comments: I love this racquet. I have very flat strokes, and this stick helps me keep the ball over the net, and my serve is almost perfect. I use flat strokes because I'm not the fastest in the world, so I need a racquet that gives me the advantage, and this racquet do its job good. One thing, though, my volleys aren't the best with this stick. I miss a little more power at the net, but otherwise I love it. I loved it so much, I bought two of the Prince O3 White.
From: Aleksander, Norway. 7/08
String type and tension: Wilson NXT 17

Comments: The racket was great at first but just felt too powerful over time. I would call it a 'tweener racket. If you are an aggressive player I wouldn't recommend this one but the O3 Tour would be better. Overall this racket is still my favourite out of the rest I have used, including the Babolat AeroPro Drive because it gives so much spin that it is like no other racket, but if you don't work the topspin heavily your shots will definitely sail pass the baseline. Serves with this racket are phenomenal; they are very accurate and powerful and have therefore boosted my confidence whilst serving. Also for a 100 square inch frame the sweetspot feels very large and you nearly always hit it. It's worth demoing racket for the recreational/club players.
From: tim, uk. 5/08

Comments: I found this racket a very solid choice for a players seeking for a power from baseline shots. I have played with this for year now, and I'm about to switch to Prince O3 Speedport Pro White because I have a long and fast swing on my forehand and I'm looking for little more control. If you have a medium length swing and You are looking for maximizing power from baseline and service and also expecting a players racket level of control. But if you have fast and long swing you should think about Speedport Pro White because of its added weight (310g unstrung) and tighter stringbed.
From: Lucas, Katowice, Poland, 07/08
String type and tension: 59 lbs

Comments: This racquet is very spin friendly, as well as arm friendly. I can see the ball kicking towards my opponent at his side of the court. One thing though, don't use multifilament string as the power would be way over the roof, especially for players who like to hit high balls with plenty of topspin. When the racquet was restrung at a higher tension, my high shots (1.3-1.8m) were mostly well deep inside the court, still with plenty of spin, causing the balls to dive into the court. Flat services are also a lot more consistent at 63 lbs, as 50% of my first serves were in, compared to 20% at 56 lbs. Very comfortable stick as well for any type of shot, even frame shots could somehow sail into my opponent's court.
From: John, Singapore, 07/08

Comments: I've been using the Prince 03 White for over a year. I picked up this racquet over the Babolat Pure Drives mainly because of the added control. On the other hand, the 03 White can boost the serves and groundstrokes. Over time, however, I developed faster and bigger swings. My racquet suddenly became too powerful. I switched to polyester strings to regain the control on my shots.
From: Bobby. 6/08
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger @60 lbs
Headsize: 100 inches

Comments: This stick is amazing. I've played with heaps and heaps of demos, but this one has the perfect blend of power and control. The 16/19 string pattern allows easy access to spin, yet the O-ports still give you sustained power and dwell time if you hit through the ball. If you want a Prince, this is the one you should get hands down, it's the best prince for a 4.0+ player. (oh and it looks great too!)
From: Anika, Boston, Massachusetts, USA. 6/08
String type and tension: Wilson NXT 18- 50lbs

Comments: I played with this racquet for two years and I loved the time I had with it. I just switched to the Yonex rds 003 because I felt that the added length suited my serve much more. I noticed that I simply did not have the same reach and pop while serving with this racquet. At times, I also felt that it had too much power for me, but this can be changed with increasing tension. I loved this racquet so much that I even considered customizing my frames, but it was way too expensive. I hope Prince releases a Sharapova version of this racquet. I know has modified her model by adding length, weight, etc. and I would definitely want to try it out.
From: Jordan, USA, 04/08
String type and tension: 55 lbs

Comments: O3 White is a very comfortable stick even with a full poly job. The port holes and soft grommets really help create a soft hit. I recommend this racquet to anyone with arm problems. For even a softer feel, try multifilament strings. Power is there when you need it. It really isn't as powerful as others describe it to be. Control is almost pinpoint. My serves got some extra zip to them. Most importantly, the racquet has a nice weight so you can bang it with the best baseliners. I am a racquet junkie, and I think this will be my racquet for a long while.
From: Howard S., Rockville, MD. 3/08
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Ace @ 56lbs.

Comments: I have been playing tennis for 6 years and have always used oversize, lightweight racquets. This is my first "heavy," 100 sq. inch headsize racquet, and I am surprised at how much I am liking it. It definitely took some getting used to, especially with serves and overheads, due to the difference in weight and head light balance. I thought I would miss the oversize head and power of volleys at the net, being a doubles player, but this racquet has plenty of pop and a surprisingly large sweetspot. It also feels very solid when returning against a hard hitter. I am definitely glad I made the switch to more of a player's racquet.
From: Judy, Michigan. 3/08
String type and tension: Prince Sweet Perfection 17g - 56 lbs.

Comments: This is great. You just cannot get lazy with this racquet or else you're in trouble. For instance, you can't take one giant step to a ball that lands in the center, you have to take like 4-5 small ones, or else it will soar out.

Comments: I've already commented, but I must add something. For all of the complaints that this racquet has little control, all you need to do is add more spin yourself. That way, you will have an aggressive spin shot. P.S. I love to hit shots that land high above my head because with this racquet you can swing hard down on them. I did that too a 12th grader, and he was blown away by the power.
From: Jacob, Bakersfield, CA. 2/08

Comments: This racquet is great! If you are a player looking for some pop, this is a racquet for you. I already had enough pop because of my big body, but this racquet helps a lot. If you're on the run, you can hit some shots you never thought you could get in. This is a very, very nice racket from the baseline for aggressive-fast swing hitters. Also coming into the net for put-away volleys is a breeze. Flat down the middle serves are remarkable with very good placement, and second spin second serves are really good, as long as you get the toss right and actually hit it. Because if you don't hit through, it may go out. So all I have to say is this racquet will give you a big advantage if you hit aggressively.
From: Jacob, CA, USA. 2/08
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger ALU Power @ 56/Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour @ 60

Comments: This racquet is light enough to be maneuverable for volleys. It is not so overpowered that hitting out makes everything sail, unlike some racquets these days. I am able to use a variety of spins with it, and I still have enough power (with some topspin). I had a Wilson control-style racquet that was discontinued, and I was pleasantly surprised when I demoed this one. The racquet is stable, and does not make me sore. I have already been runner-up or consolation round winner in tournaments at my level with it. So far it has held up very well.
From: Jeff, Santa Fe, NM. 1/08
String type and tension: Synthetic gut 17, 62 lbs.

Comments: This racquet has a lot of pop. It also gives a lot of control in the groundstrokes. My groundstrokes almost never go out anymore. It also gives pop and control in the serve and the volley. This is a great racquet.
From: Jonathan, Utah, US. 1/08
String type and tension: Prince Lightning XX 16 @ 58
Headsize: 100 in.

Comments: My friend has this racket so I tried it out couple times, and I couldn't get used to it. It has a lot of pop and power, but I have a hard time controlling it and keeping it in play. I think this racquet is better suited to people who have flatter stroke.
From: Matthew, CA, US. 1/08

Comments: This racquet is pretty sweet. It has a solid feel, and the headsize of 100 is always a comfortable fit. Spin serves are beautiful, especially the kick/topspin serves; the flat serves, however, felt a bit sporadic, and I rarely hit with any consistency. Perhaps this was because of lack of ability, but when I switched to the Prince Shark (the one without o-ports), I began to hit faster and more accurate flat serves. The control is also great, and you do not forfeit much pop; i.e. the groundstrokes were beastly. I have moved on from this racquet, thus I believe it is more for 3.0-4.0 tennis players. All in all I give this racquet a 90 out of 100.
From: Ricky, Austin, Texas, USA. 12/07
NTRP Rating: 4.0-4.5 (Self-rated)

Comments: Pretty decent racquet. I've been playing with it for half-a-year and I have to say it hasn't failed me. There are some times though where I feel like I'm not getting the power I want out of it, but then again it may be just me. I'm a big baseline player, and this racquet was reliable for it. In the end, great racquet.
From: Michelle, TX. 12/07
String type and tension: Prince Lightning XX 16

Comments: This is a gorgeous racquet. It looks incredible, and, I admit, that's what initially sold me on this racquet. But the performance sealed it. Even with Wilson Sensation, which I've never been fond of, this is a great stick. Very different from my FP Radical. Much more feel and touch. I'm looking forward to seeing how it feels with maybe some Babolat or Luxilon string.

Comments: Excellent racquet! Great mix of control and power. The Lightning xx strings work great with this racquet. I can hit flat or with heavy spin and it will land in, regardless of how hard I hit it. I would highly recommend it! Looks great as well.
From: Anon, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. 12/07
String type and tension: Prince Lightning XX, 53 lb.
NTRP Rating: 4.0-4.5

Comments: I loved this racquet from the moment I picked it up in August. Now I have two, and I just won a tournament with the new one I just purchased. It has a great mix of spin, control and power. I definitely recommend this racquet to all-around players who want to become five times better.
From: Jeffrey, Cleveland, Ohio, USA. 11/07
String type and tension: Synthetic gut 16

Comments: I have just purchased two of these racquets, and I will say that I am even playing better now than I was with my Prince Ozone Ones. I a now hitting the ball with more pace and my groundstrokes and serves, and volleys have really improved as well. I am no longer hitting my shots out or long. I really love the "pop" this racquet gives to each and every single shot I hit regardless of where I am positioned on the court. I play both singles and doubles, and I must admit that my game has really improved. This is now the racquet I will be playing with instead of my Prince Ozone Ones, which will be used as my backup racquets.
From: John, Panama City, FL, USA. 11/07
String type & tension: Prince Synthetic Gut 17g 62lbs
Headsize: MP

Comments: An excellent racquet for advanced players with a full fast swing. Generates good power and I find it suitable for my all-court style of play. Choose your strings carefully as touch and feel can vary greatly. It is a real player's racquet offering very good maneuverability, if you are a club first team player this could be the weapon of choice for you. Very solid and accurate on all types of serve. It is the best racquet I have played with. Highly recommended.
From: John, Tipperary, Ireland, 09/07
String type and tension: Prince gut. 60 lbs.
NTRP Rating: National veterans standard, qualified coach

Comments: I first I had some lightening 17 strings and the feel was unbearable. But then my team coach put some Isospeed tournament strings on and the feel is smooth and sleek. I would recommend this racquet for anyone with an all around game.
From: Thomas, NH, USA, 08/07
String type and tension: Isospeed tournament 56 pounds

Comments: This is a good doubles or faster swinging racquet for 3.0-4.0 levels and platform for higher levels or harder hitting. The most notable feature is the dampened feeling of the O-ports. It's very comfortable, but if you like lots of feedback, you may lack confidence in your shots. My slices tended to float a bit, but topspin was nice and predictable. Very maneuverable and stable for it's weight, just lacks a player's stick feel and mass.
From: Jose, Earth, 07/07
String type and tension: 16/17g synthetic, midrange

Comments: Not a bad stick, but I do not recommend it for players who really like to hit out. I found there was just too much power here for me. Like all of the O3 offerings I've tried, it has a great feel and good access to spin. When my first serve wasn't going way long, it was really smoking. But despite the good control and spin production, far too many of my shots were sailing long. The O3 Tour MP turned out to be the perfect fit for me. I recommend demoing both the O3 White and the O3 Tour. If your playing style allows you to harness the power of the White, this could be a great racquet. But for big hitters who don't want their racquet putting any extra juice on the ball, stay away from the O3 White and give the O3 Tour a try.
From: John, New York, NY, USA, 07/07

Comments: Love it. Good spin/control, great power/drive, and AWESOME serves! The balance and weight feels great. I'm glad I bought it! I also use the O3 red but it's going back in the bag.
From: Wes, La Costa, CA, USA. 6/07
String type and tension: Gamma Professional @ 60 Lbs

Comments: Before I purchased this racquet, I was an average player who played safe shots out of fear of hitting shots long. But after I bought the O3 White, my whole game improved. My once safe and short shots are now powerful shots right on the baseline. Now I play with confidence and strength because it doesn't matter how hard I hit with it, the ball will rarely go long. I definitely recommend this racquet for baseline players looking to improve every aspect of their game.
From: Thomas, UT, USA. 6/07

Comments: This racquet is really good and I bought it soon after demoing. It is really great for groundstrokes and serves and is decent for volleys. It gave good power but also had a lot of control. With this racquet it though it's important to use the right string otherwise the racket plays a lot differently. I felt spin generation was somewhat dependent on string choice. I'd recommend mainly for baseline players.
From: Alex, NJ, USA. 6/07
String type and tension: Gamma Professional @ 60 Lbs

Comments: I love this racket it is very forgiving. It does cause pain in the arm. That is why I decided to use the (k) six-one team. It is like this racket but Wilson and does not hurt your arm.
From: Miranda, 05/07

Comments: Great Racquet, a lot of control and has a decent amount of pop. Top-spin is a breeze with this racquet. I recommend it to any player who is looking for some extra spin and pop to their shots. Paul, SC, USA. 4/07
From:
String type and tension: Babolat Pure Drive 16 @ 53 Lbs

Comments: One word: Fantastic! Right weight (300g), good swingweight and incredible maneuverability. A generous sweetspot provides deep returns and volleys and helps great services. I found a nice blend of power and control. Slice and spin come easy. A very comfortable but serious stick for all players, that demands a full or moderate swing. Visconti, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil. 3/07
From:
String type and tension: Synthetic Gut or Rip Control @ 60 Lbs

Comments: Okay everyone out there listen to me! This racquet is divine! It is a must buy! My groundstrokes have improved immensely and my serve is incredible! If you are looking to improve your game and you want a great racquet, then by all means buy this one!
From: Nicholas, Saint Louis, MO, USA, 03/07
String type and tension: Prince Sweet Perfection 17g.- 58lbs
Headsize: MP

Comments: I was hitting the Wilson SixOne 95 for about a year. As a 13 year old it was getting too heavy and wasn't helping the development of my serve. I bought the o3 and was amazed at the serve speed and control on the serve. The power I got with racquet was amazing. I would definitely recommend this to any player that needs a faster swing on any shot and is looking for a little more power.
From: Knickerbocker, Northville, MI, USA, 03/07
String type and tension: Prince Lightning XX 57 lbs
Headsize: MP

Comments: I don't think enough has been said about the difference the choice of grommets makes for the O3 white. With the hard grommet, the string bed was lively and the racquet felt powerful. Control was pretty good despite the liveliness. With the soft grommet, the string bed was much dampened and the racquet less powerful. I thought control improved with the soft grommet. To me, the switch in grommets changed the racquet characteristics significantly -- it's as if I completely changed racquets. Overall, I'd have to recommend the hard grommet -- it made the racquet easier to swing from both sides and my serves more powerful.
From: Rafael, Fairfax, VA, USA, 03/07

Comments: If you don't have enough power and pop with Babolat pure Drive and if shark MP is too heavy for you, then this your racquet.
From: Fawzan, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, 02/07
String type and tension: Signum pro poly plasma 17L (1.18)

Comments: The head size is probably the right one for me, but the best part is the effortless swings when playing with this racket. Out of nowhere I can pull one power-packed forehand or an insane sidespin slice. However, the highest note for this racket is the serve. Serving with this stick requires little input and you get huge results! The strings do matter! It took me months to get the right combination and I think I've found it!
From: Patel, Tempe, AZ, USA. 2/07
String type and tension: Luxilon ALU Power @ 56 lbs

Comments: This racquet has so much power and little control. I had to string the o3 white with pro hurricane well beyond the recommended tension to get control over groundstrokes. I would not recommend this racquet.
From: Mike, PA, USA. 2/07
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane @ 68 lbs

Comments: The O3 white is a very good racquet. Very crisp and controlled volleys, along with having good access to spin. From the baseline this racquet is a dream, especially for me because I play with a lot of topspin. The only issue I have with the O3 white is that I had a hard time hitting flat serves with it, but, all of my other serves came easily with it so I suppose it isn't the end of the world.
From: Brent, MI, USA. 1/07
String type and tension: Prince Syn Gut @ 62 lbs

Comments: The O3 is the best racquet I have ever played with. Seeing as how I'm a teen and hear great reports from up to 78 year olds I think I will stick with it. This racquet will improve your power shots. Overall on a scale from 1 to 10 I would give it a 9.5. If you can't decide which racquet to use I would most definitely go with the O3 white.
String type and tension: syn gut

Comments: This racquet is pretty sweet. I switched from a Wilson n-code n6 to the o3 white about 5 months ago. I immediately felt a difference in stability from the 100 sq in frame compared to the n6's 95 sq inch. Shots hit near the top of the head feel comfortably stable; the n6 was lacking. I modified my n6 to be head balanced and used the same string on both racquets yet I prefer the o3 when it comes to control, swing speed, and stability. I strongly recommend this stick for improving baseliners with almost solid strokes.
From: Paul, Virginia beach, VA, USA, 01/07
String type and tension: Polyester 16 @ 60

Comments: This is definitely the best racquet I have ever used. It gives you great spin and control. While at the same time it gave a lot more power, especially on my serve. This is the perfect racquet for me and I am a aggressive baseliner. Ever since I got this racquet I moved into the top ten ranking for Ohio. I would recommend it to everyone who is serious about tennis.
From: Stu, OH, USA. 1/07
String type and tension: 58 lbs

Comments: It's a good racquet from the baseline. Serves and groundstrokes were penetrating. The thing that kept me from getting this racquet were the volleys. They just didn't feel right for me. I recommend this racquet to any baseliner that ends points quickly with they're penetrating groundstrokes.
From: Ryan, Murphy, NC, USA, 01/07
String type and tension: Prince Lightning XX @62 lbs

Comments: Perfect! I couldn't describe it in any other way! Every shot I hit was absolutely magnificent. I came from a 115 sq. in. racquet to this 100 sq. in. because I was looking for more control. I definitely found it! I've used almost 36 "top-notch" racquets (varying from the n6.1, Prostaff 6.0, nblade, Dunlop 200, Tecnifibre, pure drive, etc...) so far looking for that perfect blend of power, control, and comfort and the Prince O3 White by far surpasses all of them. I can hit all my shots with confidence, especially hitting a power forehand. I can rip at the ball without having to see if its going in or not cause 95% of the time it does. But another thing where racquet is different is the serve. I've been playing with it for about 5 days so far and I can't seem to get my power serve in, but my slice serve is amazing! I rip at the ball and it stays low and curves like no other with unsurpassed speed! My slice serve with this racquet is almost as fast as my power serves with my former racquet. I'm still a little shaky on buying one because $200 is still a lot for me.
From: Ronak, Tempe, AZ, USA, 01/07
String type and tension: Prince Duraflex or XX lightning @ 60lbs

Comments: I love using Prince O3 White! It really helped my tennis game. I can hit harder now without worrying that the ball is going to go out! I initially got the racquet just because Sharapova uses it, but now I love it! I highly recommend this to anyone looking for more power and control.
From: Freddie, Mt. Clemens, MI, USA. 12/06
String type and tension: Babolat @ 61 lbs

Comments: This is truly a great racquet. It adds more than enough spin, and it is quite stable for being 10.5 ounces or so. Serving with this racquet was a dream. Flat, slice, and kick serves were on the mark. My kick serves make the racquet "whistle" when I swing. Maybe it is with the holes and racquet speed. The only thing I did not like about this racquet is how dampened it is. There is almost no response from hitting a hard shot.
From: Eric, Stockbridge, GA, USA, 11/06
String type and tension: 62 lbs
Headsize: Midplus

Comments: This is the best racquet I've ever played with. So many balls that are even miss-hit fall well inside the line. It gives you great pop on serves, and groundstrokes are blistering. The harder you hit the ball the more it DOESN'T spray long. Can hit winners from any where on the court. It is very user friendly. Recommend to players of all levels.
From:Junior, Atlanta, GA, USA, 11/06
String type and tension: Gamma Live Wire XP/ Babolat Pro Hurricance Hybrid (64/62)
NTRP Rating: 4.0 - 4.5

Comments: For years, I have been skeptical about the supposed advantages new technology provides to one's game. However, I recently switched to the 03 White and can't say enough good things about this racquet. It is very forgiving, nicely combines control and power and is easy on the elbow. Suddenly I seem to be easily making shots I previously found challenging. I have played tennis for 50 years -- I am 62 -- and frankly didn't expect much improvement in my game at this stage of my life. What a pleasant surprise I've received from the 03 White.
From: Eldon, Washington, D.C., USA. 11/06
String type and tension: Prince Synthetic Gut @ 62 lbs

Comments: I had previously been using the Wilson nCode 95, and I just recently switched to the 03 White. I love the pop and also the power. I have a fast swing speed and this racquet is perfect for me. The spin isn't that great on it, but it is good enough for me. I am also mostly a baseline player so it fits my profile pretty well.
From: Chris, Saginaw, MI, USA. 11/06
String type and tension: 61 lbs

Comments: I got this racquet a little while ago and though it took some time getting used to, I absolutely love it. It has a beautiful frame and it plays so well. I get lots of power with lots of spin, and plenty of control. I was using for awhile the Head Intelligence IS.6 and I am so glad I switched. I love this racquet and really recommend it for everyone.
From: Max, Charlotte, NC, USA. 11/06

Comments: Great looking racquet with amazing power—that's right POWER! I was amazed how much I could get out of with this racquet and it's only 100 sq. in. I find it very comparable to the Babolat Pure Drive OS, but a nice, traditional weighty and stable feel. The biggest problems I faced with this racquet is: number one, the strings constantly moved and by my second set I just stopped caring (surprisingly, it didn't affect my game as much as I thought it would) and number two, hitting long was inescapable. For some reason, a good percentage (more than usual) of my groundstrokes were out and it didn't "feel" like they were going to go long (I can usually "sense"/judge where my shot is going to go by the sound it makes hitting the ball and the feel itself). That's why I compared it with the Babolat PD OS, but the Babolat is much lighter. A big plus with the Prince O3 White is that it is EXTREMELY stable when hitting almost any shot. One problem I faced with lighter racquets is that when a heavy topspin came to me or a power flat groundstroke, my racquet would "wobble" a bit when I returned it. Overall, great racquet to play with if your great with your control and depth, but its not the right racquet for those who feel soreness in their arm after the second set due to the weight. Definitely an awesome racquet.
From: Ronak, Tempe, AZ, USA. 11/06
String type and tension: Prince Syn Gut @ 58 lbs

Comments: Greatest racquet ever! It is so forgiving when hitting outside the center area that you can't help but loving it. Even though it is not listed as a top-spin generator, it can be done. Great power and control with Poly Plasma 1.18mm (17L) at 58 pounds. Moreover, the feel of the racquet is amazing. At the net feels light and quick and volleys are real easy with it. Finally, the best feature is that it seems to be hard hit out of baseline with this racquet. It is so forgiving in this aspect that I have to love it.
From: Jesus, Fort Worth, TX, USA. 11/16

Comments: I gave an early report of this racquet when I first bought it - mostly positive. I can say after a few more months that my elbow is doing well, the extra pop is nice on the serve and groundstrokes, but I had more trouble with control, slice and touch. I don't know if it's because the racquet is half an ounce heavier than what I am use to or something to do with the structure of the racquet. Sadly, my coaches may be right and I am now searching for a racquet with a little bit less power but with more control.
From: Elaine, Richmond, Canada

Comments: The White may be the single racquet that best combines the virtues of power and comfort in the current marketplace. It also has the most solid ball-contact feel of any racquet under 11.5 ounces that I've ever used. It is a superb stick. Problems? Not many. Directional control is very good but DEPTH control is not as good as some other racquets in its class; string motion in the O-holes seems to vary a bit at times and I didn't always feel I knew how far my shot would travel. No racquet in this weight class has a lot of "plow" and this one too can use a bit more weight in the head; the grommetless head guard comes off easily enough and there are places under it to add some lead. All in all a very good racquet.
From: Mike, Montclair, NJ, USA. 11/06
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger Original @ 58 lbs

Comments: I demoed this racquet for 2 weeks and had to have it. I have been a Prince fan for years and found that this is the best racquet made for my game. I hit hard with a ton of topspin, under spin and slice. The Demo came with a thicker gauge string but when I got my own O3 White from TW I strung it with Gamma Infinity 18 Natural @62lbs. WOW!! This racquet has everything a heavy hitter would want. The ability to swing away without praying the ball will stay in play. Serves are great on this racquet as well. It took about 2 hours to get use to the smaller head size (from 110 to 100) but after about 2 hours of play with it I fell in love with it. Highly recommended for a 3.0+ heavy hitter that loves to rip the cover off the ball!
From: Terry, Leominster, MA, USA. 10/06
String type and tension: Gamma Infinity 18 @ 62 lbs

Comments: This racquet is so much better than my shark. It gave me the power/control I've been looking for. Serves were very controllable but its hard to keep it in since it gives it some spin just need to learn to adjust. Going for a topspin serve I found a lot of pace, almost as fast as my 1st serve. Volleys were maneuverable enough for me. Slices sometimes just floated a bit too high. I played with the Hard Throat Grommet.
From: Damian, CA, USA. 10/06
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane 16 @ 60 lbs

Comments: I have been playing tennis since age 11 to 17 then started again at 24. This racquet has been a big help, in the power department as well as accuracy (don't know what everyone else is saying about it lacking accuracy). This racquet had a huge sweet spot, that can't be missed, returns are easy and stability is impressive for a light racquet. The power is quite scary, but it's the overall performance that is impressive, there is nothing this stick finds difficult, that's saying something.
From: Omer, Bristol, UK

Comments: This is one great racquet and for me it's the big deal! I currently switched from the Volkl Tour 9 V- Engine 16/19 and to me it has just the right weight and balance enabling me to hit with lots of power and pinpoint accuracy. Everything works on this frame, no weak shot so far. You see, I am totally impressed and can't await to experience with it a lot more. Thanks a lot Prince, great job!
From: Rene, Bonn, Germany. 10/06
String type and tension: Signum Pro Poly Megaforce/Isospeed Control @ 60 lbs.

Prince O3 Tennis Racquets