Comments: This racquet has been my favorite for the past 7 years. I go through 1-2 03 Reds a year and always keep 4 on hand. I consider myself an all-around player and need a racquet to fit my needs. The sweet spot is large and great for my baseline game. The racquet's maneuverability at net is excellent for touch and solid volleys and overheads are a cinch! It is very light so I don't feel I get as much power on my 1st serve as with other racquets. NTRP Rating 4.0

Comments: This racquet is excellent for a 3.0 to 4.0 level aggressive baseliner who likes to come to the net once in a while to change it up. Also this racquet is extraordinary in doubles due to the headlight balance. If you fit this description, and want to improve your game, this is the racquet for you. The one thing that I can knock about this racquet is when I was on the defensive or when I was playing a heavier hitter. The racquet fluttered just a bit in these situations, but when I was on the offensive, I had surprising consistency with my shots. This is also a great racquet for a 4.5 or 5.0 player to keep as a backup in your bag. A great racquet to bring out when encountering a counterpuncher. I highly recommend this racquet. I am a 13 year old, and my racquet of choice is the Babolat AeroPro Drive GT. This one has less plowthrough than my APD and I found myself lengthening my strokes, but I quickly made the adjustment, I could easily play a tournament with the O3 Red. If you are looking for a playable all around racquet right out of the box, stop looking!
From: Sam, 1/14

Comments: I purchased the O3 Red three months ago. I have an aggressive baseliner style of play, using a lot of power and spin. This racquet doubled it and added amazing control in the process. The extra .25 inches gives that extra pop to my serves. In my opinion, it added more mphs to my serve as well. I recommend this racquet to anyone who is looking to virtually double their skill level with little effort.
From: Kody, 10/13

Comments: I've tried all the racquets, and this Original 03 Red racquet is really fun to play with. It does everything well and is easy on the arm. Add some weight and it hits even a heavier ball, if you need it. Otherwise, let her rip! I better buy several more. Prince should bring this one back as a "classic!"
String type: Head Sonic Pro mains / Wilson Sensation crosses

Comments: This is one of the first racquets I bought about 4 years ago as a raw beginner without any proper coaching. In the past 12 months I have had extensive coaching and my game has improved. I am using a Babolat at present. The strings on my Babolat broke at one practice session and I decided to dig out the Prince while the Babolat was being restrung. I am so glad I did. The revisit to the Prince was excellent and I am only now appreciating how good this racquet is. I love the weight, balance and power. The stiffness encourages me to swing at a moderate pace. Great sweetspot. I am considering relegating the Babolat as my back up racquet.
String tension: 55lbs

Comments: Just purchased the Prince O3 Red last week and used it today in my weekly doubles match. It took no time at all to adjust. Serves were solid, good access to spin, but the thing I liked best was the maneuverability. The mid-plus 105 head size along with the weight and balance of the racquet improved my net game immediately. I was able to play more aggressively trusting that I could get the head into the correct position quickly. Won all 3 sets today after losing all 3 last week with my old racquet. Very satisfied with the purchase, service, and quick delivery.

Comments: I am a player that has been playing since I was a teenager and I found this racquet excellent for my game. I am an all-court player and it fits every part of my game. It is powerful and I use the Tecnifibre X-one Biphase red string. It was recommended to me by Mark (Tennis Warehouse) and I am very glad he did. It changed my game for the better. I like this racquet very much and hope to continue playing with it for awhile before I reluctantly switch to a smaller head size. It plays great and I am enjoying it a great deal. Anyone who wants a powerful player development racquet will enjoy it.
From: Rina, 10/11
String type and tension: Tecnifbre X-One Biphase at 57 lbs

Comments: I was a little worried when I decided to buy this racquet, because I hadn't switched racquets in awhile, but going to the 03 Red was probably the best thing I have done. I generate so much more spin with this racquet then the one I used before, and my serves are great now.
From: Bradley. 5/11
String type and tension: Babolat RPM Blast 16 @ 57 lbs

Comments: Was looking for a lighter frame. Have played the 03 Shark Hybrid Mid for a couple of years but the racket is not spin friendly. The Red 03 is stiffer, lighter, faster and generates a lot more spin. Not as powerful as the 1100 rating indicates but still pretty good. Not as big a serve as the Shark Hybrid but still OK. More accurate than the Shark Hybrid. Bottom line: I prefer the O3 Red to the Shark Hybrid Mid.
From: Jethro, SC, USA, 01/11
String type and tension: Pre-strung w/Prince something or other

Comments: Great overall frame in all areas. More stable than most 23-25mm beam frames. Read the Tennis Warehouse review, it is quite accurate. No wonder this is still selling after having been out for 5 years. (I have tried all the new "O" frames that have come along. The originals, O3 Silver, Blue, and Red are still the best.)
From: Roger, Orange, CA, USA, 11/10
String type and tension: Wilson Sensation 16 @ 52

Comments: 45-year-old male player used 85 sq in. PS's forever. This summer and fall I was beginning to see how the new technology has helped rackets. Unfortunately it was while the ball was blowing by me! Hesitantly, I researched tried the original 03 white 100 and the 03 red 105's. Being able to hit a one or two-handed backhand (lucky I guess), I started using the new rackets and honed my two hander and in less than two weeks, I acclimated to the new frames! I'm going with the o3 Red, 1/4 in. helps on serves and on the backhands. My game now has more power and more room for error at the same time. This isn't a beginner racket. It will play for the big boys and girls too. String tension is important, don't give up. Try going up or down a couple of lbs. or trying a different type of string. Believe it!
From: Mark, Columbus, OH, USA, 10/10
String type and tension: Tecnifibre Pro Red Code 16g 60lbs

Comments: I found this racquet okay. It does not have that much power. Spins and serves are good but the power just made me sad.
From: John, Unites States. 09/10

Comments: I got the Prince 03 red, and have been hitting with it for a few weeks now. I decided to give my opinion on here. I switched from a players racket (Gamma Air Carbon tournament 9.0). I am a baseliner with an extreme western grip and a 1 hand backhand. Things I like- the racket has very nice power and excellent spin potential. The racket is very maneuverable and you can take big, fast cuts at the ball. The sweet spot is large and forgiving you can miss hit the ball and sill get some zip on it. Things I dislike- the racket is too light! That's a personal preference, but lead tape is a lifesaver. To better explain the problem is not stability, this racket is very stable for how light it is. The problem is I can't get the weight behind my serves that I would like, but lead tape did fix that right up. The large sweet spot did not come without disadvantages, that and the built in dampening made me feel like the frame lacks some touch and feel. Sometimes I hit the ball and even though it feels the same in my hand but the result on the ball is different. I put Babolat RPM Blast strings (a stiffer poly string) at a higher tension and that has helped a little. Not too much but my shots feel more crisp, which I like. Overall, this is definitely a good racket to take out for a demo if you don't want to spend 200 bucks on a racket. Beginner and intermediate players will love this racket from the start. High level intermediate and advanced players will need to play around with lead tape, strings and tensions to get it where it works for you but the controllable power and spin potential make this racket a very good buy.
From: John, Vail, CO, USA, 08/10

Comments: The Prince O3 Red is the best racquet I have ever owned. I look forward to my second one although it gets scuffed up really easily. I highly recommend this Prince for intermediate players.
From: Patrick, Jackson, MI, USA, 07/10
Headsize: 105 sq in

Comments: I'd been considering one of these to replace the Wilson N3 I use currently. A couple guys at my club were raving about them. On a recent trip to California I saw one at a good price and bought it. Big disappointment. Feels like a lump of wood. No touch at all. So I'm going back to my N3s.
From: Tony, Oxford, Oxfordshire, England, 06/10
String type and tension: Standard as sold with the racquet.

Comments: First racket I've personally owned. I'm very pleased with this racket. It covers up some of my mistakes, but also gives me enough feedback that I know what I did wrong. If I make a horrible swing I get the result I deserve. I would highly recommend this racket for new comers or someone returning to the game like myself.
From: Ray, KY, USA, 06/10

Comments: Very light and airy feel with this racquet. Didn't really suit me. Had trouble with both volleys and groundies. Not bad for serving, definitely offers spin. Might be OK with some lead tape, but didn't like the lack of feel.
From: Mark, Nanaimo, BC, Canada, 05/07
Headsize: MP
NTRP Rating: 4.0 - 4.5

Comments: This 03 red amazing! I am the top player in Jacksonville Florida, in boy's 12's, and the 03 red has helped me get the power I need but keep control.
From: Trey, Jacksonville, FL, USA, 04/07
NTRP Rating: 26th in FL for boy's 12's

Comments: I was using a Babolat Pure Drive for a year or so and it was pretty good, but I broke a string during a match and I was lent an 03 Red. It was so much better that I am considering switching to an 03 Red. I recommend this racquet to anyone who wants more control without sacrificing power.
From: John, New York City. 3/07

Comments: I have demoed a lot of racquets and read a lot of comments. One thing I have learned is there is a lot of good racquets on the market! You have to find the one that fits your playing style. And I have found it with the O3 RED!! I have the O3 SILVER and it is a great racquet also, but it has a lot of power. I had to keep reminding myself about the power. With the O3 RED I can swing away. This is a very lightweight racquet, and fast at the net. It has plenty of power and very good control and I feel like I can hit my shots with a lot more confidence. I'm 53 years old and I play with my 17 year old son a lot. When I first hit with this racquet and zipped a few shots passed him I heard him say “Where did that come from”. I love it!!! I'd definitely suggest demoing this racquet if a 'tweener racquet fit's your playing style.
From: Dennis, Burnsvill, USA. 3/07

Comments: I am a high school tennis player and this racquet is awesome. I am a freshman so I need some power to go against all those big dudes. I found that this racquet had a nice blend of power and spin. I found this by hitting a big first serve and then switching to a low slice serve which would spin in the direction of the fence on the side. The groundstrokes are excellent, but if I get too excited, then I occasionally might pop a ball out. My approach shot, serve, and volleys improved due to the O-ports, which helped with my swing speeds. I was playing a match when the strings broke and all I had left was my previous ncode six-two "skunk" and then I had to play with it. I hit a lot into the net, and felt that my swinging speed was lower. I'm not saying the ncode six-two is a bad racquet, it's just that it swings slower that the O3's and is a little too stiff for me which = to less power. On the volleys, they are nice sticks that can put away easily because of easy movement, and lightness, but have minimal response on the tap volleys and drop shots. The slices are a little different and need adaptation, but once you get it down, you can control your slice anywhere. SOO... this racquet has WAY MORE PROS than CONS. I would highly recommend using a good string like Luxilon or duraflex that would last a little longer because the string breaks a lot, and even more highly recommend getting 2 or more racquets.
From: Quang, San Jose, CA, USA, 03/07

Comments: Originally it gave me too much power but with 4 months it does well. I suggest NXT or NXT max because it gives good feel and at 63 tension it's great just worry about durability (that's why I sport two of them). GREAT on serves I felt a good control and feel but on off center volleys it was tough but good for this racquets expectations i.e. recommended.
From: Tushar, Edison, NJ, USA, 02/07
String type and tension: Wilson NXT 16L
NTRP Rating: 3.0-3.5

Comments: I demoed this racquet off a friend of mine and it was a bit poor at first but once I got used to it, it was the best racquet I had ever hit with. It was so good I traded my Wilson racquet for it. I found great depth on groundstrokes and hit slices and topspin so easily with the right amount of power. The serve was the thing that got me most, it was so easy to place and I started hitting harder towards the end of my hit out and still got it perfectly where I wanted it. Terrific racquet I would recommend for anyone!
From: Joey, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 01/07
String type and tension: Babolat

Comments: I was looking for a control oriented racquet and wasn't quite willing to settle for low power/high control racquets such as Wilson nblade or Prince Tour Diablo. So far I'm happy with this racquet and I'm able to hit the ball well. I'll wait a few more months for the price to drop and buy another one.
From: Aravind, Pewaukee, WI, USA. 12/06
String type and tension: Forten Nylon 16

Comments: I have been using the Pure Drive 100 w/Cortex and have found it to be too heavy as often as I play. This Prince racquet is great from all areas of the court. I can play daily and not have the arm strain I had with the Babolat. For middle-aged players like me, this should be the racquet of choice.
From: Mike, Huntersville, NC, USA. 12/06
String type and tension: Prince Sweet Perfection 16 @ 60 lbs

Comments: I demoed this racquet today, just to try something new. I didn't expect to find such an impressive racquet. I got great angles and placement with this racquet like no other. I must say that it lacked on volleys, but it was made up for by the great serve consistency and added power. I recommend anyone wanting to switch from an oversize racquet to a midplus, to consider this racquet.
From: Ryan, Murphy, NC, USA, 12/06
String type and tension: Prince Lightning XX (Silver)
NTRP Rating: 4.5-5.0

Comments: This racquet is absolutely everything I like - has enough pop when you want it, and plenty of control across the string bed. The occasional off-center shot simply doesn't bother this racquet. It has tremendous feel, and can be "tuned" to your preferences simply by changing string type and tension. I liked the racquet a lot when I first played with synthetic gut, but flat love it with Luxilon in the frame. The strings simply do not move - it's amazing! All-court players in the 3.0-4.5 range can really enjoy this racquet, although bigger hitting baseliners will prefer the White or Tour models. Anyone who says they can't get spin with this racquet - I have to wonder what they're doing. Bottom line: This thing is confidence-inspiring. One final note: The Prince rep in my area informed me that the grips run about 1/16" small (and my hand agrees), so keep that in mind.
From: Scott, Indianapolis, IN, USA. 9/06
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger ALU @ 62 lbs
Headsize: Midplus

Comments: I used to play with the Liquidmetal Radical OS, which is a very solid & stable hitting racket, but after 2 sets the racket felt very heavy to swing. I demoed many rackets, looking for something lightweight with a solid sweetspot. I am a baseliner, and love hammering away from the line. When I came across the Prince O3 red, it was like a perfect match for my game and skill level. The racket is very light and complements a fast swing speed. What stood out the most about this racket is how much topspin it generates. I was able to pound the ball hard, yet keep it in play due to its topspin-friendly nature. The sweetspot is as advertised by Prince. Control was amazingly accurate. This is the best racket I have ever played with, and I wish I came across it sooner.
From: Nathan, Arcadia, CA, USA. 9/06
String type and tension: Prince Syn Gut 16 @ 62 lbs

Comments: The O3 Red was an excellent choice for me and my style of play. After demoing about a dozen racquets, I settled on this one. The thing I like best are the superb maneuverability I experience even though it's 105 sq inches. This is a very lightweight racquet compared to most player racquets out there, which took some getting used to. I've been able to vastly improve my serve pace and placement with this racquet, which was the deciding factor for me. You can dial in a lot of power with this racquet when needed, but likewise I've found it hard to dial down the power when needed as well. It is really important to find the right string and tension for your style of play with this racquet. I was playing with power-oriented strings and had a heck of a time keeping the ball from sailing on me. I've since replaced them with control oriented strings, which really helped tone down the power and kept my shots more in play. This racquet is an ideal choice for players looking for an ultra comfortable oversized players racquet that can produce plenty of zip when called upon.
From: Craig, Redmond, WA, USA. 9/06
String type and tension: Head RIP Control @ 63 lbs

Comments: I bought this racquet on a whim and was surprised how much fun this racquet was. It has power on demand and real smooth feel. The drawbacks are the weight, I just need to experiment with lead tape and bring it up so it's more stable against hard hitters. This is a racquet that would benefit with a hybrid or all poly string job, because the O ports create string movement. The O3 technology really works and this is definitely a player's stick with the right string job and lead tape.
From: Gino, New York, NY, USA. 9/06
String type and tension: Prince premier softflex 16L @ 64 lbs
Headsize: Midplus

Comments: This is the best racquet ever! I first demoed this when my frame broke on a cheesy racquet and I loved it from the moment I had it. I've tried the hybrid hornet and shark along with the white. This had the most power and I could generate a lot of spin. I get a lot of good pop on my serve and I'll only miss-hit a ball once or twice in a match thanks to the O ports. This racquet has improved my game a lot and it hasn't lost one match with me yet. This is the racquet for you.
From: Ian, Denver, Co 08/06
String type and tension: Wilson Sensation @ 54lbs

Comments: I bought the o3 because I have arthritis in my elbow and it helped incredibly. It hits the ball so smoothly, like slicing through butter. However, I find I have better control and better power with my old Dunlop 700g. To each his own!! But this is still a nice racket.
From: Dana, Franklin, TN USA 08/06
String type and tension: gut 63

Comments: When I first started hitting with the racquet, I liked it a lot since it had potential power. After about 4 months, I noticed that the racquet lacked spin, so I had to change from my semi-western to western in order to provide more topspin. For winners, I switch to semi-western and hit it very close to the net. If I don't hit it near the net, the ball will most likely go out. Also, this racquet isn't dampened that well, so rubber bands or extra dampeners are recommended. Paint chips seem to be easily formed so watch out! For players that do not put as much topspin, do not get this racquet unless you decide to change your game. The sweet zone mentioned in this racquet is not as big as Prince has stated, but the trampoline effect makes the racquet feel like it's sweetspot is almost the entire racquet. For strings, I seriously recommend using the Luxilon Big Banger to prevent string movement, to hold tension (O3s lose tension fast), and for longer durability.
From: Jack, CA, USA 08/06
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Bangers Original @ 62/Gosen PolyIce 16 @ 64
Headsize: Midplus

Comments: I have used this racquet for almost one year. I move from a Wilson Hammer as I wanted more control. On the plus side, this racquet does have more control and consistency. On the downside is the lack of any power. I tried adding some weight, but it only marginally helped the power. I have now moved back to the Wilson Hammer.
From: Ian, Harrisburg, PA, USA 06/06

Comments: I play at a 4.0-4.5 level and I found the 03 Red has too much power whenever I tried to hit a winner. I also felt that I couldn't get the ball where I wanted at net sometimes.
From: Tim, Joliet, IL, USA 05/06

Comments: I have had the racquet for about 5 months and the frame cracked all the way through. I sent back to prince and they would not return it because they said it was normal wear and tear. I have never heard of a frame cracking because of normal wear and tear in my life. So I moved on to the Wilson nblade, which is just as good.
From: Andrew, San Diego, CA, USA 05/06

Comments: After trying the O3 Silver I thought it fit me well after a few hours of play and getting acquainted with the power level and my own power. After using this racquet today I've decided this is more for me. I don't have to tone down my power with this racquet and I immediately was hitting powerful forehands at my own pace that landed easily in the court. The spin on this racquet is great along with the strings (Luxilon Big Banger Ace 18g), which I'm sure helped along with it. My two-handed backhand is easier to hit and even more powerful with more spin with this racquet. The racquet is also very easy for me to control and place my shot. Highly recommended if you can create your own power and love to hit topspin.
From: Rob, La Plata, MD, USA 5/11
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger Ace 18g @ 60lbs

Comments: I was immediately impressed with the racquet. It has plenty of power and very good control and I feel like I can hit my shots with a lot more confidence. I can hit slice shots and it is like the ball has a gyro on it. I have had racquets that cause me problems with my elbow but the O3 Red is absolutely vibration free. It is almost effortless to put a lot of pace on the ball and have the control you need to keep it in.
From: Larry, Simi Valley CA USA 04/06
String type and tension: Prince Sweet Perfection 16 String 60Lb
Headsize: 105 sq. in

Comments: In process of demoing new racquets as my 15 year old son liked my Volkl Cat 4 so much it's now his. I like to serve and volley being 6'3" and what I like about the Cat 4 is the my lefty serve has a lot of weight and pop and the smooth dampened feeling of the racquet, but in my opinion at the expense of touch and some control. This week it's demo time with the O3Red, Yonex 300 SuperMid, Head Flexpoint 4 and Wilson NPro. The Head just felt too lite for me and had that tingy vibration feel on some shots. The Yonex was great from the baseline on both topspin and slice shots, with excellent pace and control, especially my forehand which has been a weakness of mine. Also like the shape and look of the racquet. It didn't seem as maneuverable at net as some of the others and not near the power on serve as the Cat 4.The Wilson NPro surprised me a little with the lowest power rating, yet my serves had decent pace (not Cat 4 pace, but better than Yonex) and the smaller head allowed me to place shots with good control and decent power. It is causing me to reconsider what type of racquet I may be best suited for. Not sure how I would fare in third set as am used to low to mid 10 ounce racquets and I'm in my fifties now. Which leaves the O3 Red. I agree with TW review that this racquet does everything well. It looks good and feels great in the hand. What a comfortable racquet. I would rate the Yonex slightly better on baseline groundies, but whether at the net or baseline, topspin or slice, the O3 Red was impressive and gave me confidence. The only reason I'm still undecided is that my serve is one of my strong points and I need every easy point I can get. I could not generate enough pop and weight on serve with the O3 (O3 and Wilson were distant second to Cat 4) to overpower my playing partner as I can with the Cat 4.
From: Mike, Fort Worth, TX USA 03/06

Comments: This racquet plays well. I can generate lots of spin off the ground and on serves while hitting with pace. The slice is harder for me to control for some reason, but as I get use to the racquet I'm getting more control. I demo'd eight to ten racquet and chose the O3 Red. I like a dampened feel which the O3 Red has; and, the vibration control of the design is superior to anything else I demo'd. I battle tennis elbow at times so the vibration control helps tremendously. My only complaint is keeping string in the racquet. I started with TNT 16 @ 60 that lasted less than three hours of PT. Wilson NXT 15 @ 56 felt too stiff. I've played with Luxilon Big Banger 16 before, which has great durability but is hard on the arm. I'd like feel with durability, but so would most people. I've settled in on Luxilon Ace on the mains and Wilson NXT on the crosses. I'm getting 15 to 18 hours of PT with good feel of shots and it's easy on the arm.
From: Ron, Houston, TX USA 03/06

Comments: Prince O3 Red is an excellent racquet, I'm using it since December 2005 and the results are incredible: super-fast serves and smashes, great volleys, powerful backhand, forehand, great sweetspot thanks O3 Ports and the best maneuverability. Before this racquet I used Head LiquidMetal Fire (A very good racquet) but I wanted more maneuverability, so now I play with Prince O3 Red. I have a sensitive elbow (and I hit the ball hard), because of that I use light weight and balanced racquet. The Prince O3 Red is the solution for me, I feel great with my new racquet. I recommend this racquet for advanced players who want to improve the game: You will be faster and stronger. For the strong players who hit the ball too hard is good for them to put some weight in the bottom of the racquet or try the Prince O3 Tour Oversize. In the tennis court now I can do everything that I want thanks to my Prince O3 Red :-)
From: David, Santiago, Chile 03/06

Comments: I just bought this racquet a few weeks ago and I found it out to be very handy in so many situations like service, ground strokes, slice, etc. The feeling I get from it when hitting a ground stroke is surely comfortable. I love serving with this racquet as it gives quite a lot control and power. I love this racquet so much, so if you are wondering if you should buy it or not, trust me - buy and use it and you'll love it!!
From: Isara, Thailand 03/06

Comments: I'm am a 25 year old Tournament Level player and I think the Prince O3 Red is an excellent racquet. I'm using this racquet model since December 2005 and the results are incredible: super-fast serves, great volleys, powerful backhand and forehand. This Racquet has great maneuverability and big sweetspot zone thanks to O3 Ports. Before this racket I used Head Liquidmetal Fire (a very good racket) but I wanted more maneuverability, so now I'm playing with the Prince O3 Red. I have a sensitive elbow (and I hit the ball hard), because of that I use lightweight and balanced rackets. The Prince O3 Red is the perfect racquet for me, now I feel great with it. I recommend this racket for advanced players who want to improve their game. You will be faster and stronger player with Prince O3 Red. For the strong players who hit the ball too hard is good for them to put some weight in the bottom of the racquet or try the Prince O3 Tour Midplus. In the tennis court now I can do everything that I want thanks to my Prince O3 Red. I play right-handed, with a one-handed backhand.
From: David, Santiago, Chile. 3/06
String Type & tension: Prince Premier SoftFlex @ 58lbs.

Prince O3 Tennis Racquets