Prince O3 Hybrid Shark Oversize Racquets Customer feedback

Comments: Ever since i switched from the TT Bandit, my top spin and backhand have improved significantly. Very good racket.
From: Jesse, 3/12

Comments: I have played with the previous Shark without the O ports, and loved it. The frame eventually cracked. Since then, I have gone through two new ones with O ports. The enamel within the ports has cracked and broken my strings. This has happened on both racquets in the space of five months.
From: Vanessa, Colorado, USA. 09/10
String type and tension: Big Banger Ace 18, around 60

Comments: I agree with most of the positive comments on here, so I won't reiterate those. However, I'll point out a glaring negative. The Hybrid Shark OS has frame integrity issues. The first one I owned met demise when it cracked at 10 o'clock. Giving it the benefit of the doubt, I bought another and just yesterday it too cracked (3 days after the warranty expired) in the same place. I should mention that I'm not hard on my racquets. There are times when it hits the court (unintentionally) due to low volleys and such, but that type of thing is common and any racquet should be durable enough to endure that type of thing. I've owned a Hybrid Hornet OS for nearly 4 years and it's still going strong despite the occasional contact with the plexipave. I doubt I'll be giving the Shark another try.
From: Neil, Winnipeg, MB, Canada. 06/10

Comments: After switching to this beauty from my Wilson I have moved up the kingscourt tennis rankings and love being #1 on the tour. Power, precision and spin it has it all for intermediate players.
From: Markus, Kingston, On, Canada 03/10
String type and tension:Wilson Reaction...57 lbs
Headsize:Oversize

Comments: I made the mistake of trading my Prince Shark Midplus racquets for two of the oversized. I've had tennis elbow ever since switching and I have never had that before. My main complaint has been the elbow and not being able to keep the ball in the court, even when trying to hit heavy top. The Midplus has much better control, no arm problems and plenty of power. Unfortunately, nobody has the Midplus these days but luckily for me, I'm getting mine back and selling the oversized Sharks. Or maybe I'll save them for when my strokes get shorter... If anyone has switched from the Shark MP to one of the newer Prince racquets and found one comparable, please post your comments and recommendations. My MPs won't last forever and I know technology does keep improving.
From: Don, Glendale, Arizona, USA 01/10
String type and tension: Gamma Syn Gut at midrange

Comments: This one I just can't be aggressive with. Volleys are good, but that's about it. It just feels all wrong. The Head Liquidmetal 4 is cheaper and sooo much better, except maybe in the control category.
From: Derek, Monmouth Beach, NJ. 11/09

Comments: An amazing racket for beginner to advanced. I fell in love with the easy topspin. I now have 4!
From: William, Dallas, TX, USA, 10/09

Comments: I have used this racquet since it first came out and paid $189. I have since tried to replace this racquet with newer models, (Speedport Silver, Speedport Gold and the Speedport Black Long Body) and still keep going back to the shark. The best racquet I have ever used by far. I now have 4 of them.
From: bob, St. Louis, MO, USA. 10/09

Comments:A pleasant surprise! It's great that racquet companies insist on constantly updating their models, therefore making racquets like this "obsolete" and priced to get rid of. Not one of the O3s, Ozones, or new models hit better than this racquet. No need to spend more money...the Hybrid Shark will give the 3.5-4.5 player (which is 90% of us) all he/she needs. Solid performance on all shots. You provide the talent, the racquet will respond!

Comments: I seemed to be able to generate a lot of power and spin with this racquet. On a scale of 1-10 I would give this racquet an 8, I think it is really good for the price.
From: aaron, chapel hill, NC, USA. 7/09

Comments: On a scale of 1 to 10, I would give this racquet a 6. Power is good but not overstated. Control is good but not great. Volleys are crisp and solid. Overheads are crisp and solid. Serve is pretty good. Spin potential is a little weak. My biggest complaint is that I find the racquet to be sluggish. It seems like I have to work too hard to generate spin. The racquet also seems a little slow during a fast pace doubles exchange at the net. All in all, this is a serviceable but not outstanding racquet. PS I do not like the Babolat Hurricane strings. They trampoline too much and are hard to control.
From: Jethro, SC, USA. 06/09
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour 17 @ 60 lbs

Comments: This was my first racket I ever had and I still have it somewhere. The strings move a lot because of O ports and sometimes that annoys me. There is TONS of power -- compared to mid size player's rackets, a simple tap will launch it pretty well. It really is a good racket for a weaker player who wants to add a bit of power. There is really some nice pop to it. After this racket, I preceded to the Wilson ncode ntour. Then I got a Yonex RDS 001, which I have fallen in love with. If you think this racquet has too much power, try a 100 head size.

Comments: Amazing Racquet! The feel is amazing. When I bought this racquet my game elevated. I just bought another one.
From: Will, Papillion, NE. 4/09

Comments: Overall, this is a really great racquet. At first, it was a bit heavier than my Wilson, but the weight difference was barely noticeable soon after playing. My shots were a lot more powerful and my strokes, I noticed, were much more controlled. I am in love with the tackiness of the grip, but after a few months it was hard to grasp and easily slip out of my hand. The grip is now better, and I haven't changed grips- whether the reason was the product or my own fault, I don't know. I would recommend this racquet to beginner and intermediate players. When I received this racquet two years ago, I was stepping up from my $30 Wal-Mart Wilson and of course, noticed a huge change. Now that I'm becoming more advanced and more of an intermediate player, I'm searching for a newer racquet. But it truly is a great racquet!
From: Taylor, Owensboro, Kentucky. 1/09

Comments: Very nice racquet, have been using for one year now. I'm 14 years old and owning everyone. I recommend this racquet to anyone who likes a bit of spin, power and control, good all around racquet.
From: Connor, Tucson, AZ. 12/08

Comments: An overall very good across all categories. It packs power but not so much; it possesses good control but not great for big swings. I can serve big flat serve or kick/slice on 2nd serve but not the best among all. It's efficient on return of first serves and be used offensively on second. Volley is easy with good depth and speed but not excellent (due to lacking of mass for stability). But if you only can use one racket to do it all well, this is of one of your top choices. I like the cushioned feel but somehow it dampened the ball feel a little too much for me. Again, it is way better than Wilson Trad/N series with insulation at the shaft. I found the best result comes with short take back but fully extend and follow through. You get both control and power when rallying with hard hitter. It's my choice for single game. It is worthy to give it a try by giving the low purchase price now. I am interested in trying Ozone 4 which has similar spec but with O3 holes on the sides too! But after trying 3 different O3 racquets, I think Hybrid is better than full O3 for better feel and control.
From: Jeffrey, San Jose, CA. 9/08
String type and tension: Wilson Sensation Supreme 17

Comments: I played with my Hybrid Shark last night for the first time and noticed a definite improvement in all of my shots. I'm very happy with the development of this racket. I had a Wilson Hammer before this and it had a little too much power. The prince is much more spin friendly and the control is very natural.
From: Mike, Seattle, WA. 7/08

Comments: Very smooth racquet. I switched from the Babolat Pure Drive Roddick. I have improve my one-handed backhand because the Prince is lighter and is easier to swing with it. Also I can serve better with less effort. The Babolats feel like you are hitting with a stone if you compare them to the Hybrid Shark. This is an excellent racquet for the price you pay. I am going to order another one.
From: Seby. 7/08

Comments: This frame has the advantages of control and just enough pop to make it great for an all-court player. It hits with control off the ground, volleys great, and is maneuverable. The 10.8 oz. weight (includes some lead tape I added) is just perfect. It can block back hard services nicely, and has great control if you swing out. As with all racquets, string tension is critical. I find the Shark plays better in the lower range of tension, which allows the racquet to provide it's potential, which it does beautifully, with control and not the dreaded trampoline effect loose strings might provide. I played with the Babolat Pure Drive 110 and loved it, but this racquet allows me to transfer my opponent's power back to him with control, without having to swing as hard as I would have to with the Babolat. The feel on impact is slightly cushioned (of course that does depend on the strings and their tension) and the Shark is friendly on the arm. Give it a try. At TW's price of $79.95, it's a way better buy than any of the current $200. Speedport and Ozone models.
From: Bill, Huntington, NY, USA, 07/08
String type and tension: Klipper Titanium 900, 57 lbs.

Comments: Great Racquet! It has great power, durability, spin, control, and feels great!
From: Diego, Jacksonville, FL, USA, 07/08
String type and tension: Prince Recoil-Midtension
Headsize: Oversize

Comments: Strengths are power and maneuverability. Excellent on volleys. I recently switched from the Babolat Pure Drive 107 Cortex. This racquet seems lighter although the weight is similar. Strung with Tecnifibre NRG2, which really enhances the touch.
From: Bob, Dix Hills, NY, USA, 07/08
String type and tension: Tecnifibre NRG2, 58 lbs.

Comments: Great racket! Been playing with mostly 98 in2 (Dunlop m-fil 300) and similar rackets and wasnít sure about the 110 size but itís good big sweet spot, good power and maneuverability. I demoed many rackets before selecting the hybrid shark. I hit topspin and find that Wilson enduro-pro is a good string combination long life but still soft & forgiving (in this frame). Iíve had the racket ~9 months and play once per week. The racket has recently developed a rattle some debris inside the frame. Yet to see if that can be fixed.
From: Henry, Madison, AL, USA, 06/08
String type and tension: Wilson EnduroPro

Comments: Great racquet for intermediate to advanced players, it has great control and precision one bad thing is that strings move rather a lot but definitely it's an excellent racquet.
From: Antonio, Salinas, CA, USA, 06/08
Headsize: OS

Comments: This racquet has lived up to all my expectations. My confidence and play have improved since I made the purchase. I have noticed improvement in both my serve and groundstrokes. I notice that I am hitting the ball deeper and with more topspin. I would recommend this racquet to anyone. One negative is that the strings move a lot due to the O ports, but the sweetspot is awesome!
From: Andy, Calera, AL, USA. 6/08
String type and tension: Wilson 60 lbs.

Comments: Firstly. Wow! I love this racquet. I had a lesson today with a college coach, and he put me through some hard drills and rallies. This racquet faced all the challenges and more! The weight of this racquet is good for almost anyone, and I really noticed my backhand improve greatly.This racquet seems perfect at the net, and I noticed my serve seem to speed up a little. On the Prince scale of power it said 1025 and compared to my old Airlaunch B850, which was 850 on the Prince scale, they seem around the same. If you are looking for a good racquet at a great price this should be your first choice! (Previous racquet- Prince Airlaunch B850
From: Jordan, GA, USA. 4/08
String type and tension: Prince Recoil at midtension.
Headsize: Oversize
NTRP Rating: 3.5/4.0

Comments: This is an outstanding racquet! I love it! It's very sturdy and solid. The sound of the ball hitting the strings is incredible. It's a great racquet for intermediate players, such as myself, and I recommend it to anyone who wants to slightly improve their game because this racquet does make an impact on your performance! WARNING: The white grip started to become dirty the second day I had it! Otherwise, fabulous!

Prince O3 Hybrid Shark Oversize Racquets - Where to go from here