Comments: I bought this to try something lighter than my Diablo Mids and to try out the O3 technology. I put on a Babolat leather grip to make it more head light. With an overgrip it is 12.5 oz! Anyway, that's what the Diablos are, so it wasn't much of a change. It is stable and frankly, I can't tell much difference. Go figure. Good racquet for the price.
From: Gary, 6/13

Comments: Such a great frame. I added about 10 grams to the handle to make it a bit more headlight, after that it was perfect. Great comfort, easy access to spin, and it's very easy to smash serves. The only issue anyone might have with this is if they are a really flat old school hitter, control can be iffy. I hit with a decent amount of topspin so the rackets power is conrollable. You might have to string quite tight if you hit flat.
From: Roderick, 2/13

Comments: I decided to replace my aging ProKennex 7G racquets with something a little lighter but still arm- friendly. I never used a Prince before and wasn't really expecting this Shark to be the winner of my demo testing, but I found it to give me more power, decent control, a large sweet spot and no discomfort for my elbow or ahoulder. So I bought two at a closeout price five weeks ago and I have been playing six days a week with those sticks and feel that I have also gained more pop on my serve and more maneuverability at the net.
From: Terry, 1/13

Comments: What can I say other than that I love this racquet. I am a 4.0 player with over 40 years of playing experience and I would have to say this is my favorite racquet of all time. My serves are popping. My volleys have good pinch to them. The racquet has enough weight to be quite stable, yet the head is fairly quick. I am easily able to whip up on topspin forehands when I need to. My slice backhands go on a string and with good pace. My previous racquet was the Prince Turbo Shark MP. This racquet corrects the shortcomings of that racquet which were lack of power and difficulty in generating topspin.
From: Doug, 11/11
String type and tension: Wilson NXT Max

Comments: Okay, I need to amend a previous review. I decided to give this racquet a second chance. I took it out of the closet and had it strung with cheap poly at max tension to tame the power. Also, I added about 5 grams of lead centered at 9 and 3 on both sides of the head for a bit more stability. With my overgrip and dampener the thing weighs in at around 12 ounces, so it's not exactly "whippy". With the stiff poly in it now, this racquet shines. First of all, you feel no harshness. This is a highly dampened tweener and also has at least some flexibility compared to your Babolat's, which your arm will welcome. Spin was ridiculously easy to generate, especially on serve where my slice "change up" generated 4 aces. The racquet felt both maneuverable and stable, and the sweet spot was generous. This is really an excellent frame and I recommend it as an alternative to harsher power racquets (Babolat Pure Drive, AeroPro Drive) and less forgiving players racquets. You just need to use a string and tension that kills some of the pop, or too many shots will sail long. Also, I love the paint job.
From: Doug, 9/11
String type and tension: Poly at 65 lbs

Comments: The Hybrid Shark MP hits the sweetspot for my aggressive all-court game. Once you adjust to the dampened (and very comfortable) feel, you can concentrate on the clean, usable power and access to spin. You don't need a windshield wiper to tame the power of this stick. I prefer a classical topspin forehand drive with a high finish to dictate points, and the Shark allows me to easily vary my spin to the desired pace. This stick gives you power you can USE. I'm going to follow the advice of other commenters and add a leather grip to add a bit more weight and make it slightly more headlight. On second thought, at this price, I'll just pick up another one and have fun tinkering. It's fun to let it rip, not because you have to to generate your own power, but because you CAN.
From: David, Lawrence, KS. 06/11
String type and tension: full bed of Wilson NXT Tour 17 at 59 lbs.
Headsize: MP

Comments: Great racquet, it gives just the right amount of extra power for the serve but keeps in check for the groundstrokes. Best overall racquet I've ever played with.
From: ZI, Lancaster, 4/11
String type and tension: 60
Headsize: MID

Comments: I actually did a TW playtest on this frame a few years ago. Recently picked this one and the older Turbo Shark up for a song. As I said in my playtest, what a great, comfortable frame. I struggled with the power during the playtest, but poly mains tame the power. I have a sensitive elbow, but Gosen's Polyon Comfort fills the bill without the elbow killing stiffness of the popular polys. These Sharks have become my main playing sticks. A total steal at TW's sale price. Prince took the goodness that was the Hornet TT Tungsten and made it way better.
From: Anon, Atlanta, GA, USA, 01/11
String type and tension: Gosen Polyon Comfort 17 mains @63, Gosen Sheep Micro 17 crosses @ 62.

Comments: I've had this racquet about four weeks now, and I'm loving it so far. The head size is quite forgiving and the string patter gives easy access to spin. This is my first "real" racquet so I have nothing to compare it to, other than my previous $20 racquet. I definitely see an improvement in my game in every aspect. It's quite durable and is overall a great racquet.
From: Axel, Overland Park, KS, USA, 09/10
String type and tension: Prestrung

Comments: I bought this on clearance based on specs. I find it uncontrollably powerful and clubby despite the fact that it is a lower swingweight and lower static weight than my previous racquet. I'm surprised that so few people have commented on this. Even with a Kevlar hybrid string job my normal stroke sends the ball deep way too often. I'll have to string it again 5lbs tighter, but I think the power level of this thing is much higher than people reviewing it are indicating.
From: Doug, Hicksville, NY, USA, 08/10

Comments: Lots of positive reviews for this racquet convinced me to try it. The price convinced me to buy two. I demo'd many brands, types, etc. but settled on this stick and not because of the price alone. It suits my game. Offers just the right balance, weight, and a great mix of power and control. I do look forward to popping these strings so I can get my preferred setup and tensions and see how this plays. I am an all court player, heavy topspin forehand, kick and flat serve, and a flat and slice backhand. I play singles and doubles. Previously played with Prince CTS Synergy 28 believe it or not. I don't change easily... Simply a great racquet, at a very fair price. Thanks to TW for putting this one out there and the buy simple and straight forward.
From: Jim, Coastal, SC. 7/10
String type and tension: Prince Lightning XX (came with it pre-strung)

Comments: This is a good frame that gets little notice because it had no "pro" star power. Great platform for customization. I tried many combinations of lead at 3 and 9 and lead on handle for counter balance. It played great at 12 ounces but my favorite set up is at 11.5 oz with just a leather grip, overgrip, and shockbuster dampener, no lead required. Arm friendly, controllable power, spin friendly, stable, the list goes on. Prefer this modified frame over Gamma T7, Volkl Dnx9, Liquidmetal Rad, PK 5g and PK Ki5.
From: Albert, Atlanta, GA. 6/10
String type and tension: Gamma Gut 2 @ 58 lbs

Comments:This racket has the perfect combination of power and spin. This isn't very common in rackets especially at this price. Played today with a friend and had 3 aces. It's great for deep hitting and powerful groundstrokes. Without the easy access to spin, this racket would be much too powerful for me to control.
From: Chris, PA, USA, 05/10
String type and tension: Topspin Cyber Flash 16G @ 63lbs

Comments: This is a great racquet. The weight and the balance are in the right zone for some amazing customization with lead weights. You can also feel the positive difference the technologies create. The best part is the price!
String type and tension:Hybrid; Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour and Babolat Power

Comments: This racquet has tons of power. It took a day or two to get used to that but once you are you'll be hitting harder than ever. Also, the stringbed has lots of bite. I can sometimes get spin on shots I didn't even follow through on. (I've only been playing for a about two months.) But I play varsity on my high school tennis team already. All in all it's a fantastic racquet much better than some very expensive Wilson racquets of tried for half the price. Why pay more for less? Buy this. You'll love it.
From: anonymous, Missouri, U.S.A. 4/10
String type and tension: Wilson nxt specials at 58 lbs. tension.

Comments: I've used a Wilson racquet since I've started playing which is about 5 to 6 years now. I play high school tennis and just got this racquet. It is AMAZING! By far the best racquet I've owned. I had to get used to all the power at first, but now being used to it it's the best. I have so much power, I can get some crazy shots in with this racquet. I love it and definitely suggest it to anyone.
From: Taylor, Ashland, WI, USA. 03/10
Headsize: OS

Comments: A really decent racquet that might take a while to get used to if you've become accustomed to Wilsons. It has a huge sweet spot with loads of power and getting this under consistent control is probably the biggest issue you'll have. Otherwise, that extra power adds extra zip to the serve. A great all-rounder in my book.
From: Chris, Johannesburg, South Africa. 8/09
String type and tension: Tecnifibre NRG2 17, 58 lbs

Comments: Like everyone says awesome racquet! I have 11 different racquets from the last 4 years and they're all very good racquets, but this one stands out. I'm 62 years old and stand 6ft. 2in @ 215lbs, but with any power racquet I try I get tennis elbow. This racquet has plenty of control with more power than my other racquets! I've used it quite a bit with no tennis elbow showing up. An added bonus is the sale price right now. I highly recommend the Wilson NXT Tour 18 strings. If you check them out on Joe's String Forum they're highly rated and I would say very durable for 18 gauge and of course able to give you a lot of top spin.
From: D.G., Walnut, CA, USA. 08/09
String type and tension: Wilson NXT Tour 18

Comments: So when I started playing about 5 years ago, I thought I would use only Wilson. For 2 yrs I did. Then the time came to get a new one. Tried a Wilson, didn't like that one so my coach gave me this racquet. As soon as I started hitting with it, my shots became better. One handed back hand became more powerful, two handed back hand became more accurate, and all due to this awesome racquet. (It also might have had something to do from the weight change. Going from a 12.5 {unstrung} to an 11.1 strung racquet)
From: Justin Winchester, Killeen, Tx, USA. 08/09
String type and tension: O3 Hybrid Shark
Headsize: MP

Comments: An OK racket. Not great, but not bad either. It would be a much better racket if it were 2 points head heavy instead of 2 points head light. I also own the same racket in the 110 version and I think that racket is more versatile than the mid-plus. I like to use the 110 for doubles and the 100 for singles.
From: Maurice, CA 08/09
String type and tension: Prince Lightening 17 @ 58

Comments: Have been using this racket for about a year and I've gotta say I'm pretty happy. Since childhood I've been a loyal prince customer and they don't disappoint me in the racket department. Feels a little heavy after a long game, but then I just switch to my alternative racket because I tend to have unrelated forearm injuries. Slicing is great though!!
From: Mike, Toronto, Canada 08/09
String type and tension: Tecnifibre NRG2 17G @ 56lbs

Comments: Sleeper racquet of all time! Read the reviews. Lead it up to 11 1/2 oz, 5 pts. HL, and you have a Babolat Pure Drive/Head Extreme/Dunlop 500 Tour without the stiffness that creates arm problems, but good feel and power. Any 4.0-5.5 should demo it. I just bought 2.
From: Jose, Bradenton, Fl, USA. 05/09
String type and tension: Any decent nylon multifilament i.e. Tecnifibre NRG2 17 g, Wilson Reaction 17 g, etc.

Comments: Great racquet! Easy to get a lot of topspin on the ball!
From: Zeph, Milford, DE, US. 05/09
String type and tension: Prince duraflex 17L tension:63
Headsize: midplus

Comments:I love this racquet. Compared to my old aluminum frame, the O3 Shark feels like a feather. The shots I used to hit off balance, now seem to find its way back in the court. I would highly recommend this racquet to beginners to intermediates. And TW has the fastest shipping I have ever seen. =)
From: Henry, California, USA. 04/09
String type and tension: Prince Lightning 16

Comments: I think it a good racket because it light and easy to swing but only to start out with. Later, you should switch to a heavier racket or put lead tape on the head to gain more power (it's only a suggestion) It a great racket, I like it!!

Comments: This is a great racket. I played with it for the first time yesterday, and it has great power with great control. I used Luxilon Big Banger strings with this racket with a tension of 60 lbs and I'm going to buy another one exactly like it.
From: Trevor, Gate City, VA, USA. 3/09
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger

Comments: Great racquet, stopped selling in NZ though. I get great power, spin and control with this racquet!
From: Ash, NZ. 6/08
Headsize: Midplus

Comments: Great racket with great power and control. I have get used to it a little, but it has great topspin and easy serves.
From: nayef, san antonio, texas. 6/08
String type and tension: Prince Lightning

Comments: I just want to add on to all of the great feedback this racquet has gotten. I love this racquet. I am a freshman on my high school team, and I bought this racquet in hopes to make varsity as a freshman. I made it (#2 singles) and this racquet helped me all the way. Bottom Line: fast swing speed, a huge sweet spot and great power. It is great for all types of players. GET IT!
From: Xavier, Eau Claire, WI, USA. 5/08
Headsize: Midplus
NTRP Rating: 2.5-3.0

Comments: Very good racquet. I think this performs best when strung with Prince Lightning XX string @ about 60lbs. My forehand improved with this racquet. Backhand improved too.
From: Carl, Texas. 4/08
String type and tension: Prince Lightning XX @ 60lbs

Comments: This racquet is simply awesome, huge sweetspot, good spin, etc. My only complaint is the balance seems a little odd, but it might just be me. The only Prince I like more, and would recommend to advance players is the NXG Tour midplus. (awesome racquet)
From: Rob, Geneseo, Illinois. 4/08

Comments: This is a great racquet. My backhand has improved greatly since I purchased the Prince O3 Hybrid Shark. I play for my school tennis team, and this racquet has helped me a ton. The only problem I have with it is that my forehand has trouble staying in if I try to place it near the backline. It has some loss of control, but a great overall racquet.
From: Bob. 3/08
String type and tension: Gamma Asterisk Spin 16 g
Headsize: 110(OS)

Comments: I have only really used two other racquets, but this one is by far my favorite. It improved my forehand, which was somewhat weak before, and allowed me to control my backhand even more than before. I like the solid feel of the racquet and the weight, which is not too heavy or too light. I would recommend this racquet to just about anyone.
From: John, Parkersburg, West Virginia. 3/08

Comments: Great racket at a great price. I just picked up a couple of them, and I am really enjoying the nice balance of control and power. Formerly, I was playing with Prince TT Stealth OS rackets. While I liked that racket, this one has a larger sweet spot and is a bit more stable. Highly recommend this stick to players of all abilities. Cover the white grip with a black overgrip to avoid it looking dirty quickly. Also, mine were strung with Lightning XX string. I'd recommend something a little more durable (if you have a history of regular string breakage) since there is more string movement given the O ports.
From: Brett, Dallas, TX, USA, 01/08
Headsize: OS

Comments: I started tennis with this racquet and am using the Wilson K Surge and K Six-One Team racquet. Surprisingly, this racquet offered me more control and power from the baseline. I'm a 4.0-4.5+ level player and this powerful racquet is definitely something I would recommend to other players. Combined with the Wilson NXT 16 strings, this racquet can really smack balls!
From: Shaun, Singapore. 12/07
String type and tension: Wilson NXT 16, 57

Comments: I had my doubts when I read all the positive comments about this racquet. Could it be as good as everyone says? It is! Even better! The first time I used this racquet, I noticed the balanced power and very comfortable feel. I can hit away with a full swing, as there is plenty of spin potential. I can block back serves and get returns deep. My serve gained depth and spin and was much more accurate than with my previous racquets (Dunlop 400 G and Wilson n-code 2 tour 95). The sweet spot feels big, and I love the balance of the racquet -- crisp at the net, great head speed on serves and so solid on groundstrokes. I've always beamed about getting out to play, but with this new racquet, I can't wait for the next chance to hit!
From: Michael, Doha, Qatar. 11/07
String type and tension: Prince Tour 60 lbs.

Comments: I love this racquet! It was my first real competition racquet. I generally have very good control, and this racquet gives me power. It is a great racquet, and I am playing like never before. I started indoor tennis this year in preparation for starting the girl's high school team next year. I am playing in my first real tourney December 13-16 and I am really looking forward to seeing how it plays in competition. I got it at the end of the summer, and now I'm only playing about once a week at the local tennis centre's Saturday clinics. I love my racquet!
From: Jane, Wausau, Wisconsin, United States. 11/07

Comments: Pretty good racquet. It has good power with the right strings (Cyber Flash) but it's not good for developing players since it doesn't have a wide range of uses. Good for all-court players but not baseliners.
From: Eric, Seattle, Wa, USA. 11/07
String type and tension: Topspin Cyber Flash @ 57 lbs.

Comments: I returned to playing after 30 years when my girlfriend gave me a Head Liquidmetal 4 as a Christmas present. She is an avid doubles player and has played for years with a Wilson Hammer 6.3. Don't get me wrong, the Head is a great racquet. I could not believe the difference from what I played with 30 years ago and it has me serious about the game again. However, I felt I needed some assist on the power side and after reading a ton of reviews I decided on the O3 Hybrid Shark OS. WOW!!! The first night I used it during drills the difference was unreal. I had plenty of pop on the ball, topspin came very easy, great deep serves, deep passing shots, crisp volleys and plenty of control. The other guys in the class all noticed the difference right away and wanted to know all about the new racquet. Even my instructor said he liked what he saw when I used the Shark OS. All I can say is this is a great racquet for my game and a fantastic find given the clearance price at TW. If you're looking for an OS racquet you should demo this one for sure.
From: Allen, Stockton, NJ, USA, 10/07
String type and tension: Wilson Stamina, 60 lbs

Comments: Love this racquet. I switched from the TT Scream to the OS, and it is so much more maneuverable with the port system.
From: Alan, St. Augustine, Fla. 10/07
String type and tension: Prince premier @ 59 lbs

Comments: I like to string my racquets pretty tight (60+). This racquet totally allowed that, and added a lot of power. Very fast. It's got a little weight to it, which is just what I love. I love this racquet. It's the best.
From: Kelsey, AK, USA, 08/07

Comments: I LOVE IT! It's so much like my old Prince Air Flash, which I loved. It has a very smooth feeling and, like they advertise, a HUGE sweet spot. And as you can see you can customize it. You need to get this racquet!
From: Mora, Oil City, PA, USA, 08/07

Comments: I demoed this stick along with the 03 white, and the 03 hybrid spectrum. I found this one to be very comparable to other two higher priced racquets. Forehands were very clean, and while my backhand was very solid, and I was able to keep it low and hard, it didn't have quite the zip the White was able to give. The Hybrid Shark is a very consistent hitting racquet, perfect for a developing player like myself who is still learning to target the corners and really power through a serve. I, nor my coach (who is a 4.0) found any real weakness with any these three racquets demoed, but for the price difference between the shark and the other two, this was the value pick of the litter. Highly recommended taking this one out for demo, any player looking to improve their game and break through to the 3.0+ ranks will find a good partner here.
From: Anthony, Sulphur Springs, TX, USA, 08/07
String type and tension: Prince Syn Gut ~58 Pounds
Headsize: midplus

Comments: Well first of all, the racquet looks awesome. It's got several technologies and especially the famous O3 ports at the 12 and 6 o clock positions. The racquet is great for topspin and slice. Before it I played with a Head Liquidmetal 8, which is a powerful racquet that doesn't generate topspin as good until you get used to it. It helps with a lot of shots because of the pace it makes on the ball and keeps it in play. I hit more balls in the net than long, which is usually vice versa for me. On serve with my head racquet I could hit an incredible flat serve at 120. Now with this hybrid shark it is a tad slower but is much more controllable on serve. With slice serve/kick serve it works pretty well. Especially a heavy slice serve. It helped my backhand quite a bit too. I usually do 2handed backhands but now I'm getting to do 1 handed backhands, which feels more free than a 2handed. The only flaw is its head heavy and hurts my wrist (but that's only because I played with the Liquidmetal 8 which was so light). Otherwise I highly recommend this racquet for anyone!
From: Tanner, NC, USA, 07/07
String type and tension: Prince Synthetic Gut Duratax Blue at 60 lbs
Headsize: Oversize (110)

Comments: This was such a wonderful racquet! Unfortunately discontinued though. My main problem with that was I just started to get discounted Prince items (Preferred Player), and then I can't get the racquet any more. I hope the new O3 racquets are good, and I have a feeling Prince will pull through as usual. Prince makes wonderful racquets, far better than any other company I've tried. Happy Tennis.
From: Lawrence, GA, USA, 07/07
String type and tension: Prince Pro-blend 16

Comments: This would have to be the best racquet that I have played with. I demoed other o3's but the match didn't feel quite as good as this one did. My serving is more powerful, and spin has also improved. One thing to notice is that the strings will move quite frequently if you put a lot of spin on the ball, so try for the higher quality string. The main thing that I love about this racquet is the O ports. They make my swing seem much more effortless, yet the racquet is still heavy enough to produce great power.
From: Scott, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. 7/07
String type and tension: Prince Lightning XX

Comments: Wow, this racquet is pleasant to hit with. And it's a great bargain! It falls in the middleweight range at roughly 11oz and is close to an even balance. Anyone can play with this frame and be successful. It feels solid on all shots and has a good balance of power and control - more power than control. Stronger players might want to string it tighter or add lead to the handle (trap door), but it will still feel comfortable because it's slightly dampened to begin with. Highly recommended to 3.0-5.0 players. Great paint job to boot! What are you waiting for? Try it!!
From: JT, AL, USA, 07/07
String type and tension: Polylon SP 17g, 57/60#

Comments: Not a great frame but pretty good overall. I demo'ed a lot of rackets and some of the Dunlop and Babolat rackets felt better. Mostly they felt quicker. The O3 Hybrid Shark frame serves very well, has satisfactory control and is very stable on volleys and overheads. I recommend stringing it around 62 or more to increase the control. At higher string tensions with a good spin string like Signum, you can rip the ball and keep it in the court. I bought two of these instead of the Babolat and Dunlop because the Prince frames were cheaper compared to the others. The slightly superior playability of the Babolat and Dunlop did not justify paying the higher price.
From: Ramon, AZ, USA, 07/07
String type and tension: Signum Pro-Poly Plasma 16L @ 60 lbs

Comments: I'M BACK! I switched from Prince to Head 10 years ago and could not find the right racket for my game and was stuck with the numerous Head sticks in my closet until I demo'ed this Shark and my "awesome junior tennis playing style" came back. I am not one that falls in love with technology or equipment - but this was a different experience. I got the Big Banger strings and have been having fun again on the courts with much better control. Sure I lost some power with both the 110 and Prince Shark design but I am a slicer dicer + serve 'n volley guy. This is a great racket for my new baseline game I need to enhance and move my ranking back up. I came back to this site to get another or snag another Prince. Great reviews and tips! Keen on the value also.
From: James, San Francisco, CA, USA, 07/07
String type and tension: 63 lbs.

Comments: I love this racket. My serves are more powerful, have more spin, and are more consistent. I am now hitting without having to hold back and I can hit a winner easily. It has a larger sweetspot that I notice that allows me to hit on the run without worrying that it will land short. My serves are what improved the most; I'm getting more aces and service points. It's not too heavy and not too light. I recommend this racket to all.
From: Austin, Rainbow City, AL, USA, 06/07
String type and tension: Prince Lightning XX 16
Headsize: 100 midplus

Comments: Hello, my name is Heather. I am a former top 10 player in the World. I have made it to the semifinals of the French Open and the 4th round of the US. open. I would highly recommend this racket to all sorts of players. It has great feel coupled with tremendous power. The control is great and when I volley, they are very crisp. This is one of if not the best rackets I have played with. I think it is especially good for top juniors since it is like a "stepping stone" to the heavier rackets such as the 03 Tour. This is much better than the rackets I used to use 20 years ago.
From: Heather, Fulton, MD, USA. 06/07
String type and tension: Wilson Natural Strings at 56 lbs

Comments: This racquet is one of the most amazing one I've used. It is extremely comfortable and adds excellent power to your shots, without losing control (very forgiving). I found that I noticed I could hit harder serves with it, also not losing control. The only thing I dislike about this racquet is volleys, it just doesn't seem stable enough.
From: Lance, New York, NY, USA, 04/07
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger ALU Power 16L, 60 lbs.
Headsize: Midplus 100 sq in.

Comments: I hate this racquet. I demoed it and it had way too much power. I myself think that even though the 110 version of the Hybrid Shark is supposed to Ncode Nsix one tour 90. I liked the serves and my two-handed backhand when successful, but still, way too much power! I recommend this racquet to beginners who probably don't know a thing about racquets.
From: Anonymous, 03/07

Comments: This racquet is awesome!! I don't think that it is dampened or anything. It has a nice amount of power. I'm a 3.5 player, and this racquet suits me well!
From: David, HI, USA. 01/07
String type and tension: Gamma Live Wire 16, 60 Lbs.
Headsize: 110"

Comments: I played with this racquet for the first time today and it was amazing! The sweetspot on this racquet is excellent! To me it was not too heavy but not too light either. Very good control and power! I recommend this racquet to everyone!
From: KC, Rincon, GA, USA, 1/07
Headsize: midsize

Comments: I don't like the feel of the dampener at the bottom of the frame. I am not used to using a dampener, so I gave it to my 13-year-old son. My son likes the feel of the racquet, and I noticed, he could hit the ball more closely to the baseline, then when he was using his Dunlop M-Fil 700.
From: Tee, WA, USA. 1/07
String type and tension: Luxilon Original

Comments: Excellent. Good feel. Sweetspot is great. The original Shark is probably the best racquet in a while but the hybrid is just as good if not better.
From: Maria, Malaysia. 11/06
String type and tension: Prince Syn Gut 17 @ 62 lbs
Headsize: oversize

Comments: I bought a Head Liquidmetal a few months ago and thought it was the best racket I'd used in a long time. Last week, I tried this Prince just to see if I could find a comparable oversized. Man, I am now going to relegate my new Head to my backup racket and I am switching to the Prince. The Prince gives me a little bit better oomph on my serve with no loss in control and a lot more ability to add spin on all shots. I am ultra impressed.
From: Sean, East Grand Rapids, MI, USA. 10/06

Comments: I have played with the Hybrid Shark for about six months. The first thing I noticed when using it is that is very stable. I have excellent touch and control at the net and great pace on my serves. It can seem a little heavy at times but I don't need to swing fast with this racquet to get good pace on my groundstrokes. It's very easy to control. I got added topspin and power with the new Babolat Hurricane Pro Tour strings. Definitely recommend a dampener that covers more of the mains than what it comes with.
From: Michael, Dallas, Texas, USA. 9/06
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour @ 62 lbs

Comments: I love this racket! Usually I had problems trying to flatten out my forehand but no more. With this racket, I am able to hit topspin, flat, and slice with ease. The Hybrid Shark has amazing power and control. I can punish the ball without fear of my shots flying over the baseline. My serve has had more pace, and the spin seems to bite better. This racket provided a lot of offense to my game. I have played with Yonex RDX 300, Head Flexpoint Radical, and now I am sold on the Prince Hybrid Shark. This racket is a keeper.
From: Ralph, Long Beach, CA, USA. 9/06
String type and tension: Prince Pro-blend @ 62 lbs
Headsize: MP

Comments: I feel that this racquet is a very solid one. It offers a blend of spin and power, which is exactly what I need. I do agree that the grip gets dirty easily and that I think 95 sq. inch would be better for this racquet. If you're a player who is looking for more spin and pace then this is the racquet for you.
From: Gisele, Houston, Texas, USA. 9/06
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane and Synthetic Gut @ 58 lbs

Comments: I just demo'd this racquet, along with the Hornet, and liked the Shark better, probably because it's a little heavier. I was able to play well with it right away, and had good control and power. However, I felt just a little tennis elbow inflammation, which I hadn't felt in a couple of years. I'm a little more comfortable with a slightly head heavy racquet, and didn't like the Shark well enough to buy one.
From: Bruce, Durham, NC 09/06
String type and tension: Synthetic Gut from TW
Headsize: MP

Comments: This is a really great racket. When I first got it I was amazed by the amount of power I got off this racket. I have great topspin shots with it and my forehands have also improved a lot. My serves are now a lot faster, and I have much more control. The only downside of this racket is the grip gets dirty easily but that's not really a problem.
From: Isabelle, Connecticut 07/06
String type and tension: Prince Tour 61 lbs
Headsize: 110 sq in.

Comments: It took me a while to get used to this racquet and at first I didn't like it because of the sudden decrease in power from the other racquets I've used. Even so, after a while I found that I could access more spin and control with this one than my old one. It also allows me to hit some powerful spin serves, which I usually use as a first serve, being a lefty. I'm still not happy about the loss of power but the added topspin on my shots is more than enough to make up for it.
From: Anon 07/06

Comments: I'm a 4.5 player who favored 3.0+ level oversized racquets for years for their lively string bed. I finally decided to abandon my "baby blanket" for a midplus racquet that offered similar power but more control. The Hybrid Shark MP made the transition easier! It's provided pop on my volleys and controllable explosion on my groundstrokes and serves. Most importantly, the string bed is still lively enough to absorb the power of big time overheads & groundies and turn my defensive replies into down the line winners.
From: Tricia, Suwanee, GA, USA 07/06
String type and tension: Prince Sensation 60lbs
Headsize: MP

Comments: I had high expectations for this racket after a brief demo session. When I first played with the racquet I purchased, I noticed the strings moved dramatically. I believe this is due to the O-ports, as grommets likely keep the strings in a more stable position. The larger sweet spot resulted in a trampoline-effect and my control suffered. The small vibration dampener included with the racket did little. I found that a dampener that spanned almost all the main strings worked much better. Power was OK, but I have returned to my more maneuverable, reliable Triple Threat Hornet with better results.
From: Ken, Muncie, IN, USA 07/06
String type and tension: Tecnifibre NRG 16, 58 lbs
Headsize: Mid

Comments: I've been playing with the original Shark for almost a year. I purchased the Hybrid, after a demo, for a little help on the base line. I like the racquet, but I can't keep tension on it and the strings tend to slide around so much that they break a lot more frequently.
From: Rick, Eden Prairie, MN 07/06
String type and tension: 16 ga, 60 lbs
Headsize: oversized

Comments: I have been using the Prince Hybrid O3 Shark for about 4 months now. The racket offers a nice blend of power and control. But it took me a while to get used to it. The racket improves my groundstrokes with deep penetrating shots and topspin. At the net, it offers some nice pop and accurate volleys. The color blend also makes this racket very attractive and stylish. Overall a good racket for people seeking a little more power over control.
From: Allester, Singapore 06/06
String type and tension: Head synthetic pps 16 guage. strung at 58 lbs
NTRP Rating: 3.5 to 4.0

Comments: I bought this racquet and wow it has plenty of pop, great access to spin, plenty of power to rip those power point enders, and good enough control to put it right behind the net. Great net play light enough to be maneuverable.
From: Tyler, Morganton, North Carolina, USA 06/06
String type and tension: Prince Lightning xx at 60 lbs
NTRP Rating: 2.5 - 3.0

Comments: I'm glad that I demoed this racquet! After playing with this racquet and the O3 White, I knew right away that this was NOT the racquet for me. I felt little to no difference between this racquet and a PRESTRUNG racquet! Imagine that! I could have wasted my money on this that plays something like a pre- strung racquet! I would choose the O3 White over the O3 Hybrid Shark any day! Not a racquet for me!
From: Ryan, North Carolina 06/06
String type and tension: Prince Lightning XX Silver @ 60 lbs
Headsize: 110"
NTRP Rating: 3.5+

Comments: Only one word describes this racquet: Awesome. The day after I bought it I went out and played my mate, who usually beats me, Our match only lasted 2 sets as I beat him for the first time in about 5 months. You will never find a racquet with such a big sweetspot I'm also getting a lot more power behind my shots.
From: Rysie, Portsmouth, England, 06/06
NTRP Rating:5.0

Comments: I've been using the Turbo Shark for about a year now and have never been happier with a racquet until I demoed the Shark Hybrid. This is everything I could ever ask for from a racquet and more. My serve has improved immensely. I went from only getting 1 to 2 aces per match to 1 to 2 per service game. There is a great amount of power and control with this racquet. I absolutely LOVE it! Thanks, Prince, for making such a great racquet!
From: Christo, Doylestown, OH 6/2/06
String type and tension: Prince Lightening XX, 63 lbs
Headsize: 100 sq. inches

Comments: This racquet is almost the same as Turbo Shark, but BETTER! It provides this sweetspot feel, which I always wanted, and even if the strings are dead, there is this "forceful sweetspot" feeling. But the original dampener is not as good, I took out the original O3 dampener and place the old square PRINCE dampener. Recommended for people, who are currently using TURBO SHARK, it really enhances your play, esp the serve! I initially loan out a demo for 2 weeks, but the strings somehow burst on the 2nd week by my shots, and I went ahead to get this wonderful racquet!
From: Yan Wei, Singapore 05/06
String type and tension: Luxilon ALU Power (main) 58/Prince Synthetic 17 (cross) 60
Headsize: 110sq inch

Comments: This racquet is awesome. The first time I played with it, I had more enhanced groundstrokes everything. This racquet has made me turn from Junior Varsity to Varsity. It's just really good. It's comfortable, good pop, and it's so beautiful! At first, since everyone was using these O3 Tour's I decided to be different and choose this hybrid, and I made the right decision! If you're looking for an O3 Racquet, Get this O3 hybrid! It's awesome, five stars, and two thumbs up, it should receive an award. Demo this racquet and you won't regret it.
From: James, Bellflower, CA, USA 05/06
String type and tension: Prince Lightning XX

Comments: I tried this racquet as a demo and love its control. You can hit with power without the fear of missing it long. Every time you hit the ball it sounds like you hit the sweet spot, is a really forgiving raquet. I loved the feel and I just bought one last week.
From: Dave, Ft Lauderdale, FL, US 04/06
String type and tension: Wilson NXT, 60lbs
Headsize: OS

Comments: This racquet is a total pleasure to play with. It has great control on the groundies but precise placement and a little extra pop. Putting away shot balls is swift and easy, and volleying with it is very natural. It's a great racquet for the more agressive baseliners who want potency, pop, and depth. It's a little hard to generate severe topspin, however, and serving isn't nearly as pleasureable as on the 03 White by Prince. But it's definitely a great racquet. Demo it to see if it fits your type of play first.
From: Julia, Seattle, WA, USA 03/06

Comments: This racket is awesome. As a shorter player I needed a racket that could give me power, spin and control I demoed it at a facility and played great with it with my doubles partner and I played very well. I tried the origanal Shark, and I did not like the weight and how there is shock. answer: O3 Hybrid Shark it had a built-in damper (big plus!) so there is no shock. I have got to get this racket soon!!
From: Zack
Holt, MI 3/10/06
String type and tension: Synthetic Gut
Headsize: OS 110 sq in

Comments: Brings the Shark to a whole different level, and thanks to the O3 technology, it swings a lot faster.
From: Joe Lazuli, CA, USA.

Comments: What can you say? This racket is one of the best I've ever played. It's the same weight as the original Shark that I have played with for as long as I could until the frame cracked. My coach lent me this racket. I played with it for 10 minutes and I said, "I gotta get me one of these." All the control is there with added spin and power. This racket is great for juniors like me because it's not too heavy, but it's not too light so there's stability. I love all of the O3 rackets I've tried, and this one is the best yet. This is a great alternative to the O3 White for a lower price. GET THIS RACKET!!!
From: Zach
Conifer, CO. 1/28/06
String type and tension: Prince Tour, 61 lbs.
Headsize: MP (100 sq in.)

Prince O3 Tennis Racquets