Comments: I am a 3.5 player and regularly play with the Prince EXO3 Red midsize, but wanted something oversized particularly for quick volley exchanges at the net in doubles. As factory strung, this racquet felt good, especially at the baseline, return of serve, and serving but it hit like a board at the net. The sweet spot seemed smaller than my midsized (105). I got it restrung and that has made a world of difference. My stringer said it had quality Prince strings in it, but, given their stiffness in play, I have to wonder how long the racquet and strings had aged on the shelf. Now it is very responsive, maybe even too much so, given the fact I went with thin strings (Forten Thin Blend in 18 gauge in the mains, 17 gauge in the crosses).
From: Bill, 9/13

Comments: I have been using this for just over a year, playing USTA doubles and social singles/doubles. Good power (depth), easy on the arm, real good spin both serve and groundstrokes (Luxilon Adrenaline 16L), What's not to like? Maybe a bit more power, maybe? But then you would give up some control.
From: Robert, 6/13

Comments: Nice racquet for the price. Takes some time to get used to. Added some some lead tape at 2 and 10 o'clock and my shots felt more solid. No arm issues at all. Buying a back-up soon.
From: Blue, 6/13

Comments: I love it. It feels smooth, unlike many other racquets that just go "boink."

Comments: I have been using this for 3 months, playing twice a week in USTA league matches. It took a couple of times playing with it to get used to it. The ground strokes are solid and fairly forgiving on off center hits (larger sweetspot?). I don't have the same pop on my serve as I do with my old racquet, but I think it is something I need to adjust since my old Head racquets were almost 10 yrs old and a different design and shape. I just ordered a second as a backup. I also tried the Prince Silver OS, because it is advertised as powerful, and I had a hard time controlling it and keeping shots in, but it did have a lot of pop.
From: Robert, 8/12
String type: Luxilon Adrenaline 16L

Comments: Purchased first racquet after using friends. It is a great racquet. I needed something lighter. It has the typical Prince feel-not real powerful, but solid feel. It has very good feel and control at net. Due to weight cleared up my shoulder and elbow problem within short time. Purchased second racquet and stayed with pre-strung Prince Lightning string and liked that even better. I would spend more if necessary but in this case not necessary.
From: Bob, 4/12

Comments: Just ordered this racket from TW. Have seen rave reviews can't wait to try it! I'm a big hitter with huge serves and have been having pain in my right hand (elbow to wrist) off late. I bought a Dunlop Aerogel 800 last month with Vibracore which has worked well. Thought I'd try this one to see if its any better. Hope it does. Thanks for your comments it helped me make a decision on what to buy.
From: Jon Kay, 3/12

Comments: Great racquet. It helped me with consistency and power.
From: John. 5/11

Comments: This is an amazing racquet I just got it in and I already love it after one day of playing!! I would totally say this is a great racquet for everyone.
From: Megan, USA, 02/11

Comments: As a competitive club player at the 4.0 to 4.5 level playing mainly on Har-Tru, I started using this three months ago. Used to use a Head racquet with a 100 inch head size. My style is aggressive and athletic all-court game utilizing topspin and taking the ball early to open up the court. In doubles, I look to be aggressive on the return and get to the net.
Right away, groundstrokes became heavier and the extra spin helped with control. The larger head size helped my net game and my return significantly.
Biggest adjustment was with the serve as I had too much spin and not enough drive. Took me about 2 weeks until I felt comfortable with placement and pace.
To summarize, this OS plays with the control of a smaller stick with the benefits of more size. If you're moving from a smaller racquet, a poly string will make the adjustment much easier.
From: Jeff, Charlotte, NC, USA, 11/10
String type and tension: poly at 57-59, others at 60-61
NTRP Rating: 4.0, most likely going to 4.5 soon

Comments: This is a great racquet with plenty of power and control. I can tell that it really helped my game. I loaned it to a friend who is a 4.0 and he liked it so much that he bought one. It is very easy on the elbow. A great all around racquet. I liked it so much I bought two. The only change I would make is that I wish it was just a little longer. I hold the racquet right on the end. My last Prince racquet was over an inch longer than this one.
From: John, Fayetteville, NC, USA, 10/10
String type and tension: Prince Synthetic Gut 16 60
Headsize: 110 (OS)

Comments: Great performing racquet, certainly an A for performance at the 110 square inch oversize spec. Unfortunately, I have owned 3 and 2 broke within 6 months of purchase. One broke at 12 o'clock on a serve, the other broke at the throat on a forehand. Disappointing.
From: Anon, Lincoln, NE, 09/10
String type and tension: Wilson Hollow Core @ 62 lbs

Comments: After playing for over 30 years, my wrist needed some relief. It has been precisely the excellent maneuverability and being able to hit late (per Oscar Wegner technique) with a brisk up swing that this racket has become the best weapon. The control and power is beyond description. Most definitely at the beginning I felt that I needed to add weight, but if I did, it would have defeated the purpose so I decided to practice hitting a few balls against the wall and help my self timing it. It took only took a few minutes getting used but it changed my game altogether. Now, I have been able to do lot of damage to much younger players. A great help in feeling was brought by adding one of the larger Prince Shock Absorbers. This racket is a big, big plus!!
From: Carlos, Guaynabo, Puerto Rico, USA 01/10
String type and tension: Prince 16 Synthetic Gut - 60#

Comments: I started playing again after not playing since high school (20 years). I had been playing with a Dunlop 600g that I got cheap from a friend while I was figuring out if I'd stay with the hobby. I would say that I was a 2.5 at the time. After looking around I bought one of these - went with the Oversize because I thought the head size would be forgiving as I re- learned my strokes. - *buying this racquet was the right decision*! I have a big swing, lots of power; I like to put lots of spin on the ball. As I re-learned my groundstrokes - I think this racquet made it easier. Great pace, great spin. Great feel on my volleys. But most importantly, when I spent time with this racquet (vs. the 600g) re-learning my serve and it was night and day. Don't know if it was rediscovering the muscle memory or what, but I was suddenly hitting 5 aces a set to 4.0s. A year and 60 hours with this stick later, I'm now at least a 3.5 (need more consistency before I call myself a 4.0), and my coach is suggesting that I move on to a heavier racquet b/c of my swing. My wife is threatening to take up tennis, when she does, I'll be getting her one of these.
From: Alex, Northern VA, USA, 01/10
String type and tension: Gamma synth 62 - too much movement
Headsize: OS

Comments: I've played with this racquet for three or four years now. In the last year my game has improved from a 3.5 to a 4.0 and given the change I started demoing some heavier racquets like the Wilson K-Factor Tour and the Babolat Pure Drive GT. I thought that a heavier racquet might allow me to handle the pace of players I'm now encountering. But for the time being I'm sticking with the Prince Hornet. I'm able to generate more spin with it than the Wilson or Babolat and it is much better at handling volleys and slicing while coming to net. It is an incredibly forgiving racquet for me. About the only thing I've been able to do a little better with the Wilson or the Babolat is backhand topspin; I'm able to execute that particular stroke better with a heavier racquet.
From: Luke, Ogden, UT 12/09
String type and tension: 61 pounds

Comments: I'm a high school tennis player. This is a really great racquet. I like it more than any other racquet I have used. It gives you great spin with a some feel and power. It is very great for the price. On a scale I would rate it 8 out of 10, though I do tend to break stings all the time with it.
From: Grant, Indiana 07/09

Comments: Mother-in-law uses this racket. Have had a couple of them with a problem with cracking and sometimes while restringing. These rackets are at least 4 to 5yrs old. Other than that she likes them.
From: Anon, TX, USA, 03/09
String type and tension: 60lbs

Comments: My first "good" racket. I have improved greatly ever since using this racket. It's a good racket for someone who has already learned the groundstroke techniques and is now experiencing a real match. Overall, a very good racket! Very balanced in all categories; however, serving is a bit of a problem. 9/10
From: Kevin, Los Angeles, CA, USA. 3/09
String type and tension: 60

Comments: This is the PERFECT RACQUET for me! Demoed it yesterday. Took a few games to get used to it but from then on topspin forehands, power on the serve and more confidence on my 2nd serve where instead of patty-caking it over, I could get almost the same speed as the first serve and it still stayed in the court convinced me to buy two of them. Love the power and control at the same time with no vibration. No wonder it was editor's choice!!!
From: Richard, Waipahu, Hawaii, USA. 1/09
String type and tension: DEMO
Headsize: OS

Comments:This racket is the best one ever. I know it is hard to believe but it is true, it gives me full power, a really strong serve, and I can put a lot of spin in the ball.
From: Max, Loganville, GA, USA, 10/08

Comments: I have been playing with this racquet for 2 years and play both doubles and singles. When I demoed racquets, I noticed immediately how much better I played with the Hybrid Hornet. The description for the Hornet is quite accurate; it is a good all court racquet. It is a great racquet to serve with. I found you can really place your serve and generate a decent amount of spin with the racquet. During rallies, a moderately paced swing can generate a lot of spin and a deceptive amount of power. While it's not a power racquet and you probably aren't going to blow your opponent off the court, it provides a great combination of control and power. I found it to be quite maneuverable at the net and it is great with overhead shots. Although the racquet is very forgiving on off-center shots, it does require you to hit with a good clean swing to generate pace, and that is helpful if you are looking to improve your game. I have strung the racquet up to 62 bounds of tension, but found 60 gave the best combination of power and control. I would recommend the Hornet to intermediate players looking to step up to a 'tweener racquet to improve their game.
From: Mark, North Carolina, USA. 8/08
String type and tension: Prince Lightning XX, 60 lbs

Comments: Excellent racquet. My Head LiquidMetal was too heavy, as was the Babolat, even though I did have a lot of power. However, the latter gave me great pain in my wrist. So I tried the Prince Hybrid Hornet, and it was nearly perfect. Just needed a touch more power so I added lead tape to 10 and 2. Might add some to base if I need it.
From: Devon, San Diego, CA, USA, 11/07
String type and tension: Wilson NXT Tour 63 lbs.

Comments: I have used this racquet for a while now and am happy with it. It is a great racquet for upcoming players and for players who are working on many different types of strokes. Unlike most racquets, this one is great for groundstrokes, serves, volleys, drops, and anything else. For a younger, or older, 3.0-3.5 player it can really heighten your game. But for players that are higher 3.5's or 4.0+ than you should consider something else. This racquet will make anyone's strokes better but when hitting with more power than the average Joe, it will also make you work for it. It is very consistent and is a great teaching racquet. Give this racquet a while to work out its magic and it will make you a better player.
From: Jesse, Fort Collins, CO, USA, 09/07
Headsize: Oversize

Comments: This is a decent racquet. It feels a lot smoother than my old Prince beast. The only problem that I have with it is that when I use topspin, the ball BARELY gets past the service line. Overall it is a 7 out of 10.
From: Ginny, IN, USA, 04/07
Headsize: OS

Comments: I'm really torn about this racquet. On one hand it is very stable when you contact the ball--it feels like an extension of your arm and provides wonderful feedback, even when you miss the sweet spot. The weight is just right and it is easy to spin the ball. In spite of what others call "added power", this is not that powerful a racquet, though this is not a criticism, just a warning that this racquet is only for stronger players. My game definitely improved and stayed improved when I switched to this racquet. All that said, it did crack 8 months after purchase, which is far too short a lifespan (no it was not mistreated in any way.) Also, the shock dampener has a tendency to remove itself and after a few months I finally had no luck locating it again on the court--Prince should provide something much more substantial.
From: Kurt, Wilmington, DE, USA. 3/07
String type and tension: Prince Premiere Softflex 16g
Headsize: Oversize

Comments: I've been playing with this racquet for the past 6 months - it's great! Frustrated with the tiny sweet spot of the AeroPro Drive I played for most of a year and the Pure Drive a year prior to that, I'm happy to find something more suited to my game. Solid and predictable AND doesn't always require a huge swing to make it work - pretty much everything the review states, in every way. I couldn't swing fast enough to make the Babolats work for me and I'm guessing that Prince had people like me in mind when developing this stick. Bang from the baseline is perfect and in total control, volleys go as planned. It's not a very attractive racquet but who cares, it plays great and lets have some fun in the world of non-professional tennis!
From: Eric, Nashville, TN, USA, 03/07
String type and tension: Signum Pro Plasma (1.23)/Gosen OG Sheep Micro 17 - 61#/63# respectively.
NTRP rating: 4.0

Comments: Like the control this racquet gives me on ground strokes. Racquet seems to lack punch on volleys though. That may change I am still getting use to it. Big plus for me is that it is easier on my shoulder and elbow. Works good on serves both spins and flats.
From: Daniel, Charleston, SC, USA. 2/07
String type and tension: Synthetic Gut @ 55 lbs
NTRP Rating: 4.0-4.5

Comments: I really enjoy playing with this racket. Good power and control, as well as serving. Serve seems to explode off the face. Good spin as well. Will be ordering a back up soon.
From: George, Rockwall, TX, USA. 12/06
String type and tension: Prince Topspin
Headsize: OS

Comments: Demo'd many racquets recently, and the Prince Hybrid Hornet Oversize was by far the best. Very good power and control. Good stiffness, enough weight and large sweet spot make it very good on off-center hits. (Mid-size version of Hornet is not as forgiving.) Made my game better right away. I compared to Prince Hybrid Spectrum which is just a little lighter and slightly more head light, which also played well...but being lighter, just didn't have as much pop as the Hornet. All similar class racquets by Head, Flexpoint and Liquidmetal, and Wilson played much poorer.
From: John, Danville, CA, USA, 12/06
NTRP Rating: 3.5/4.0

Comments: I just got back into the game after a 4 years leave. And well a new hornet is always great to play with, I use to use the triple threat hornet. But this one still makes me feel more in power from the baseline. I do find the volleys are harder to hit though, but that comes with practice.
From: Bryce, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 12/06
String type and tension: Prince Tournement Pro, 58-59pds

Comments: This is a great racquet. Lots of power, and possibly a little too much if I might add. From the baseline it hits crisp, stiff, and precise, but if you had to point out a weakness it would have to be the net. I advise SINGLES players to test it, but not so much doubles.
From: Heath, Salyersville, KY
String type and tension: 59 lbs
Headsize: OS

Comments: I played 4 sets with the HH OS over a week's time. I found this racquet to have plenty of zip. I was hitting with pace I had not done in 15 years. I had some success hitting top spin, but hitting a good fast flat ball was very easy. I am the type of player who just likes to take a big long hard swing at the ball. I felt I could do it with this racquet and not get wild with it. My net game was never better with any other racquet. And while I had some trouble hitting a big kick serve with it, I found tons of pace going up the T. I did have one problem with the racquet. While I could generate a lot of pace on the groundstrokes, from the baseline, I had trouble hitting the ball deep. It was as if the ball was only going in the air so far no matter how I hit it. So the extra pace was needed since I couldn't hit the ball more than 2 feet past the service line when hitting from the baseline.
From: Ray, Pfafftown, NC, USA. 9/06

Comments: The most favorable feedback seems to be for the midplus. I demoed the oversize along with several other 110 racquets. While I liked the Hornet's mobility, balance and control, I found it lacking--compared to the others--in response to off-center hits. Whereas the NCode 5 (Wilson) and the Dunlop 700 seemed to have a large sweet spot that gradually declined toward the edges, the Hornet seemed to jump from sweet spot to dead zone, with the latter's accompanying vibrations. Friends currently using older Prince 110 models thought this one had less power. As they pointed out, however, demo racquets don't always come with good string tension--nor did I add a shock absorber.
From: Bill, Shawnee, OK, USA. 9/06