Comments: I had a chance to try this stick today and have to say that I loved it so much. First of all, it's very comfortable to hold, it is not that heavy, but very stable and powerful. Interestingly enough, it also has good control, so it is easy to maneuver. I highly recommend this racquet to beginner and intermediate players.
From: Ilhan, 9/13

Comments: After demoing so many racquets I've reached a conclusion that these racquets should be illegal! It was love at first sight. I've never played so good, ever! It's a shame though that Prince discontinued this model. The new EXO racquets feel dead. It's a breeze to hit serves and groundstrokes with. I'm probably adding some lead weight on it though, but other than that it's perfect! The aesthetics by the way is awful, but who cares, right?
From: Noland, 8/12
String type: Prince Lightning XX

Comments: Thanks TW for the great service and amazed with speed of shipping & delivery. Made a couple changes to my original order, it left California on Monday morning, and arrived at my place in Toronto, ON, Canada on Tuesday afternoon! Haven't tried the racquet yet but just wanted to send my comments!
From: BA, 4/12

Comments: This stick gave me crazy improved maneuverability out the shoot. Being lighter than the stick I used prior I am very satisfied. It has improved my overall confidence and ergo my game. I do have to swing faster to get pace and punch. Backhand volleying is trickier because the head size is smaller than my prior stick. However, if I am in top physical condition and in good form and doing my job. The Hybrid 03 Hornet Midplus performs. As my game continues to improve I am seeing that the racquet does have limitations, consequently I intend to experiment with different strings, tensions and possibly lead tape. Nothing beats the Prince price performance ratio. It'll be a sad day if and when it is out of production. True believers stock up!
From: Greg, 10/11
String type and tension: Prince Lightning XX 16 String at 58 lbs
NTRP Rating: 3.0-3.5

Comments: I reviewed this racquet shortly after buying it, and now after using it twice a week for 2 months, it's time to move on. A little about me. In high school I was a USTA 4.5 player. I played sporadically in college and almost never after that. I'm now 35 and started playing twice a week in April. I generally use a semi-western forehand, and a one-handed backhand mostly without a loop. When I first got this racquet my game was probably at about a 3.5 level. I was still working out some kinks and my footwork and form were not up to par. The forgiving sweetspot and rigid frame really helped make up for those faults. It felt like it might be too powerful and I had to use a lot of topspin if I hit it hard, but my swing wasn't good enough to unload so it didn't matter. I also thought it might be a problem with the strings as well. After attending a few clinics to work out the kinks my game is back to that 4.0-4.5 level and this racquet simply will not do. I'm hitting solid, long ground strokes and I really have to use a full western grip just to keep the ball in play. It's fun to generate that much top spin, but not good competitively. It just has too much power to control. One thing that compounds this problem is the strings. I re-strung it at the max tension and it felt good for about 2 weeks, and then they relaxed. I re-strung it again, and they relaxed again. I guess if you're at the 3.5 level and only playing once a month or so this racquet would be perfect, but if you're trying to improve you will grow out of this racquet quickly.
From: Chris. 8/11
String type and tension: Prince Synthetic, 63-lbs
NTRP Rating: 4.0-4.5

Comments: This racquet was a keystone to making my game better. For beginners to intermediates, it provides just enough power to be competitive, but not enough to kill the ball out. I believe this racquet should come with a warning however. With the right mechanics on strokes, it will improve your game very quickly. A must for first year high school players!
From: Jesse, 8/11
String type and tension: Poly mains, Synthetic crosses

Comments: This is one of the most well reviewed racquets in this price/skill range. I am a 35-year-old who is starting to play again after a long layoff. I wanted a smaller head size than my 110 Wilson Pro Staff Lite from High School, but also wanted a lighter racquet due to wrist and shoulder problems. This one fit the bill. I typically use a Semi-Western grip and found that it wasn't as easy to generate top spin as advertised. When I switched to a more western grip I saw more of a difference. With my older racquet it was hard for me to get depth with a full western grip, but that is not a problem with this racquet. I'm going to try to use a western grip more often and see how my wrist holds up. It's actually hard to keep the ball in play with the semi- western grip, so if you're not willing to switch it up you may not want to use this racquet. Similar problem with my one-handed backhand, but it just forces me to use better form and finish really high, which is a good thing. I want to improve my form and this racquet will force me to. When I hit it just right, it's a really sweet shot. Disappointed on serves. It could be that I'm not used to the balance of it yet, but I just don't feel that pop when I pronate on a flat serve. Maybe in more time, but it has been frustrating so far. Volleys are great. Big improvement over my old racquet. More punch and easy to maneuver. Tend to go long right now, but I think that's just the strings. I don't know if you can request to upgrade your strings, or request a higher tension, but I wish I had. I think they string it at 60lbs by default, and I would prefer 65 as I get into net as much as possible. I actually think the strings could be causing my issues with the semi-western grip as well. I'll update after I get better ones strung to my preference. Overall, a very good racquet for the price. If I continue to play and get back to the 4.5 level I was at when I was younger I will probably get a players racquet, but this will do for now.
From: Chris. 6/11
NTRP Rating: 3.5 - 4.0
(You can choose to have us restring the racquet upon ordering. -- TW Staff)

Comments: The Prince O3 Hybrid Hornet is the best racquet I have ever had. Before this racquet I used the Babolat Aero Drive and the Head Instinct. Nothing compared to this racquet. I kept hitting with tremendous spin and power. The O3 technology mixed with the traditional grommet gives it an outstanding feel. It is not that stiff but stiff enough to not give it that mushy feeling. On my serves I could hit both flat, slice, and topspin. This is already my new racquet after two days of demo. It a great racquet all around.
From: Ty. 6/11
String type and tension: Co-poly

Comments: Very good racquet. It does almost anything well. I found good power on serve, good maneuverability at net, very good topspin from the baseline, and the slice is so so. It is a forgiving racquet, and I find it easier to keep the ball in. But, as someone else remarked, I found it difficult to hit a winner with this racquet. It is difficult to accelerate the ball from the baseline, because the ball comes out from the stringbed with a lot of spin, and it is difficult to hit a flat, fast shot.
From: Fabio. 6/11
String type and tension: Tecnifibre Pro Red Code @ 26/25 kg

Comments: Hybrid Hornet MP I've had this racquet for three years now. I try to demo most of the newer frames (Pure Drive, EX03s, etc) when they come out and I keep coming back to this frame. It doesn't impose any 'type' of game on you - you play it from the baseline, from the net, hit it flat, hit with spin. Pretty much does it all. Good power, good spin, fairly comfortable. You may find a racquet that does one thing better (more spin, more serve power, softer) but I haven't played with anything that's better all-around. That's why itís a classic. This is important: As I've improved from a 2.5 to a 4.0, I've added 3/4 oz lead tape to the 3/9 position and then counterbalanced with tape in the handle. This made a tremendous difference on the serve and also made it more arm-friendly. I highly recommend this.
From: Michael, Los Angeles, CA, USA, 08/10
I string this racquet with NXT Tour 18.

Comments: This racket served me well for a long time. I bought it when I was around a 2.5 NTRP and now, at around 3.5, I am impressed at how much this racket has helped me. Good on serves, forehands, backhands, and everything :). I definitely recommend this to anyone.
From: Shankar, Pittsburgh, PA, USA, 08/10
String type and tension: Wilson NXT Tour 18 @ 55 or 56 lbs.

Comments: Best all round tennis racquet ever made - there is one in the Smithsonian (it won a design prize). I have three and use them all. Secret is the 100 size, the forgiving lightness, the neutral balance and the carbon fibre weave which absorbs the off-centre shock. My advice? - just watch the ball onto the centre of the strings & don't hold the handle at the end - grip the handle in the centre & hit through the ball. You will have as much power as you will ever need (this also works on the serve). I am always borrowing new raquets off friends to see what they are like - nothing comes close to the sheer playability of this one.
From: clive, windsor, berkshire, England. 4/10
String type and tension: prince duraflex 17

Comments: I love this racquet! First I played with a Head Junior Radical,then I switched to this one, and I love it! It has a great feel and not much vibration, but I recommend adding a dampener. This racquet is the best one I have has so far.
From: Bill, Greensboro, NC, USA 04/10
String type and tension:
Headsize:midplus,100 sq. inches
NTRP Rating:4.5

Comments: I bought this racquet as a beginner tennis player and quickly grew out of it. Once I started to want to take fuller ground strokes I had difficulty keeping the ball in. I thought the racquet was way too light, it feels like it swings lighter than the reported 320 swing weight. I have swung a Head Microgel Prestige Pro racquet that has a reported swing weight of 318 that feels heavier. I thought the power was unpredictable on volleys and ground strokes, which made it more challenging for a beginner-intermediate to recognize what swing will produce such result. I have been playing frequently for a year, about 9 months in I started using a friend's player racquet (Wilson ncode 6.1) and enjoyed this racquet much more despite that I am still a 3.5 ranked player because it had consistent power and control. Maybe my experience is unique, many seem to have benefited from this racquet. I am a relatively young-adult (30 years old) male who is in pretty good shape, I am a 6'1 and 190 lbs so I don't have any trouble physically with swinging a heavier racquet. If you have a similar background to myself I recommend trying a few heavier, more control oriented racquets before purchasing the Hybrid Hornet. Also, it is better to buy a racquet that is slightly lacking in power and make adjustments than one that is too powerful. It is healthier for a racquet to be strung at a lighter tension (more power) than going towards it's max tension (less power) because higher tensions put more stress on the frame, and you will be more likely to break strings.
From: John Egbert, 03/10
String type and tension: HSG 16 @ 58 lbs
Headsize: 100 sq. in.

Comments: This racquet will provide blend of comfort and power that tour series racquets don't provide. Perfect if you like to hit it flat for the winners. Not exactly the best racquet to generate heavy spin. For players who just transitioned from a more demanding racquet to this one, you may want to consider adding lead tape on 3/6/9 o'clock position.
From: Edward, San Jose, CA, USA. 8/09
String type and tension: Gama TNT/63

Comments: High school tennis player, found this racquet to be very forgiving, although it lacks power on serves and inconsistent volleys. Overall, it's a very good racquet for anyone looking to spend less money for high performance. Not the best racquet I've played with, because there are more expensive ones on the market and I can feel the difference especially in serving and power on groundstrokes
From: David, Burlington, NJ, USA, 04/09
String type and tension: Prince Poly 62

Comments: Great racquet with exceptional control, decent maneuverability, and good amount of power. I would recommend taking the shock absorber out to get more in touch with your hits, and a replacement grip. Awesome racquet!
From: Clayton, MS, USA. 04/09

Comments: I've been playing this racket for 3+ years, and I moved from 3.5 to 4.0 with it. I tried other rackets and would be interested if anyone moved from this racket to something else. I added weight to it initially and I will probably add a little more as my swing improved but I would like to try a little heftier racket without the lead. The TiMo strings need dampening and they sound like metal or glass but they last for months. The only thing I found lacking on this racket is feel on touch shots like lobs or short angles and drop shots but that could be the string setup.
From: Bruce, Slidell, LA. 3/09
String type and tension: Luxilon TiMo 17 ga. 57# tension.

Comments: This is an awesome racquet... especially with the price so low. It's got practically the perfect blend of power, control, and feel. Even if it seems too light for you, you should definitely try it out and add some weight later on if you'd want. Every part of the game is very solid off of this stick.
From: Jimmy, New Jersey. 2/09
String type and tension: Prince tour silver 16 @ 58 lbs

Comments: One of the best rackets for the price on the market today... get it before it's gone! I tried (tested) many rackets from many different manufacturers. The Prince O3 Hybrid Hornet was the best of all - great control, awesome spin, well dampened feel and available power! Probably needs a little more weight for advanced players, but good overall weight and balance for the majority of club players. Some people say it's not a power racket, but it can offer some serious punch depending upon your string choice. Since the racket offers such a dampened feel, I recommend playing with a lively string. You may sacrifice some durability, but it's well worth the investment! I have also played with 100% Poly Strings and found it very comfortable. My favorite set-up for an all-court game is a Hybrid setup with Kirschbaum Pro Line II (17g - Mains) and Gosen Micro Sheep (16g -crosses)... simply awesome in all categories!
From: Mike, Atlanta, GA. 1/09
String type and tension: Kirschbaum Pro Line II 17 / Gosen Micro Sheep 16

Comments:I was using a Head TI S2, and decided it was time for an upgrade. I've tried all of the pricey, world class player racquets, and while they look cool, I really didn't feel like I was playing my best with them. I am number one freshman player at my high school, and if you are a high school level player then you can't go wrong with this racket. It has great pop on serves and returning service it works great. Good spin and volleys are easy. Because of the O-holes at six and twelve o'clock, if you miss the sweet spot and hit the ball at the very top of the racket, it actually adds power to your shot. I love it, and the price is phenomenal at $99.00. My only complaint would be the cosmetics aren't the greatest.
From: Matt, Allen, TX. 12/08

Comments:Very nice racquet! I strung with Wilson NXT Tour 17 at 61 lbs at the purchase of the racquet. It gave me good combination of power and control, but when the tension got loose (in about 4 weeks), it became too powerful to handle. I switched to a poly string then the problem was resolved. I play mostly doubles and this racquet helped my game to a new level. I learned to serve flat and topspin with this racquet. It feels awesome to hit service winners against better players. As my swing is improving with more speed, I may look for more control oriented racquet, but this racquet will stay in my back for a long time.
From: Matt, NJ, USA. 12/08
String type and tension: Topspin cyber flash, 58 lbs
Headsize: 100sq

Comments:This is a great stick. It's not a power racket, but control, feel, and everything a racquet should be. It's good for serve, slice backhand, volleys, and it's not hard on the arm. Until now, I haven't found a better racquet.
From: Steve, Fulda, Germany. 12/08
String type and tension: Prince Poly, 28kg.
Headsize:100 sq ins.
NTRP Rating:7.0 pro

Comments: OH MY GOD!!!! This is the best racket I have EVER played with. Compared to my reserve racket, the Prince O3 Speedport Black, it is so much lighter, but yet so easy to play good with. I almost got the tennis elbow, then I switched to the Hybrid Hornet and the elbow got well in less than a week! And my game also improved very much. When I bought it, I used the string Prince Synthetic Gut With Duraflex 18. The string only lasted for a week! Now I use the Wilson Enduro Pro 17 string and it is so much better. If you are to buy this racket, I would recommend Wilson Enduro Pro 17 strings and Unique Tourna Grip Original Overgrip and string tension 54lbs. The only fault i can think about on this racket is that it vibrates very much with high tensions. I would recommend the Babolat Custom Damp Vibration Dampener. That makes the vibrations go away.
From: Henrik, Norway. 8/08
String type and tension: Wilson Enduro Pro 17, 54lbs.

Comments: I was looking for a racket for a while when I was just about to buy a Babolat Roddick Pure Drive and my tennis coach told me to try the Prince. So that afternoon I played with it. It was unexplainable how good this stick was it has great pop very accessible to spin and so much more aspects of the game. I could go on and on about how good this stick is. But the bottom line is if you are a player who needs a serious but small stick or is a young but developed the right stick for you is the PRINCE 03 HORNET!!!!!!!!!
From: Gillon, new york, usa. 8/08

Comments: This racket is outstanding. I can see why it made Tennis Magazine's Editor's Choice. My Service returns are solid. It has improved my "chip and charge" and able to swing with more confidence. Good mobility at the net. It has improved my defense as well. I don't have a 100 mi/hr serve so good placement for me is the key. Nice control on the serve. I use to play with a 6.0 but eventually developed tennis elbow. I switch to a "tweener" Prince Bandit but too head heavy. The Hornet is very comfortable and easy on the arm. I better buy a few more. It seems like these rackets are on clearance and hence will be phased out soon.
From: Noel, North Hollywood, CA, USA, 07/08
String type and tension: Prince XX Lightning 17 g 58-60 lbs
Headsize: MP
NTRP Rating: 3.5-4.0

Comments: I just bought this racquet for my 15-year-old daughter. We had it strung at 55 lbs and I have to say it kind of feels like a trampoline. We're hoping that it will feel a little more solid with a little less vibration at a higher tension.
From: Anon, Maryland. 7/08
Headsize: MidPlus

Comments: I agreed with Cody, the comment below, the racket is excellent accept for its weight it should be weight like 11.2oz and it has a little bit of maneuverability of return shot. Other than that it should be just find. PRINCE should make a tour racket base on this racket, great for NTRP 3.0-4.0!
From: Tin, Houston, TX, USA, 05/08

Comments: This racquet is a great intermediate racquet. When I got this I was still a beginner, but this let me improve every aspect of my game very quickly. I would still use this racquet, but I have moved on to the Head Microgel Radical Pro. I did this because I needed a heavier racquet and more of a headlight racquet. If you are a beginner and are looking for your first real racquet, I would highly suggest demoing this!!!
From: Charlie, Maryland, USA. 5/08
String type and tension: Usually some hybrid or full poly 57lbs

Comments: OK this racquet OWNS, no questions asked. Why don't PROS use this racquet? It has enough power and control if strung properly at each tension. Personally I string my racquet at 63 lbs. for maximum control and it still has enough power to do the job. If anyone is looking for more power and control, string the racquet at 60 lbs., this will improve everything by 50%. I use 63 lbs. during a normal game, but when I get tired and can't find control in the racquet, I switch to my 60 lbs. to pick up my game. There is only one thing wrong with this racquet, and it is speed. With this racquet, you have to be able to run, but other than that it is a weapon of choice on the court.
From: Cody, Rainbow City, AL, USA. 5/08
String type and tension: Hybrid Prince Lightning XX 16/Wilson Superspin 16 , 63 lbs. / 60 lbs.

Comments: This racquet is great. My serve can not get any better. My volleys are a lot better.
From: Sam, MI, U.S.A. 5/08

Comments: I'm a total tennis beginner, I cannot judge from technique point of view, but I searched for a good 'tweener racquet that I could grow with. I also bought a $18 recreational racquet from Wilson, just to compare, and the difference in response to the ball is huge. I think this racquet is money well spent.
From: Li, Denton, TX, USA. 4/08
String type and tension: KLIP Natural Gut 16
Headsize: Mid+

Comments: I bought this racquet after demoing a bunch of different ones. I started to read the reviews posted here, and this racquet lives up to what everyone says. My whole family played with it, and I could instantly see improvement in everyone's game. Love it, and my second one is on its way.
From: Jon, GR, Michigan. 4/08
String type and tension: Tecnifibre NRG 2
Headsize: MID+(100)

Comments: I used to play with a Wilson nCode nSix-Two and liked it, but it isn't really forgiving with off-center shots. It has big dead zones, and when you hit an off-center shot, you're sure to feel it in your arm heavily. So I decided to look for a stick that was both easy on my arm and allowed me to get decent shots more frequently. Having tested this Hybrid Hornet I was just amazed how it improved my game in every aspect, and my arm feels great even after 2 hours of hard play! It is a very maneuverable stick, very good in almost every aspect. I'm much more in control of my game. Swing it faster and you get great power and spin, which is perfect for hitting those deep, hard-to-answer shots. I really love the Hornet! The only thing it took me a while to adjust to is the string bed that is too alive for fast volleying. The Gamma TNT2 17 strings are perfect for this stick.
From: Rodrigo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil. 2/08
String type and tension: Gamma TNT2 17
Headsize: Midplus

Comments: Excellent racquet. I have played high school tennis for two years, and the Babolat I played with was just too heavy for me, and all my shots seemed to go an inch or two out with a Babolat. With this racquet, I can control my every shot, and my service game and net game are much better. I really think all younger players should use it.
From: Kayla, Dinwiddie, Va, USA. 1/08

Comments: Racquet is really unimpressive. The sweetspot is small and you have to generate a lot of your own power. I've played with it for over a year and now my forearm feels sore after a game. Truly disappointing.
From: Oliveira, Canada, 01/08

Comments: This racquet has a dampened feeling like other O3 frames. It played well and could suit someone looking for comfort. The demo I got weighed 301g and was balanced about a point head light. It swings lighter than the swingweight might indicate, but could generate a lot of power (or control) based on string choice. Lack of feedback and the solid handle (not hollow) meant it wasn't for me.
From: JT, Huntsville, AL. 1/08
String type and tension: Prince Synthetic Gut, 60#
NTRP Rating: 3.5/4.0

Comments: This racquet is great and gives you a nice feel for the ball. I think it improved my game a lot. There are just two problems with it. No. 1, the racquet isn't very attractive. No. 2, the holes in the top of the racquet make it weak. I cracked three racquets in two months! And no, I didn't throw my racquet.
From: Chandler, Houston, TX, USA. 11/07
String type and tension: Gamma Live Wire, 62
Headsize: Midsize
NTRP Rating: TX 12 & Under Champs

Comments: If you liked the TT Hornet, you'll love this racquet. I used to hit with the TT Hornet, but found a lot of difficulty finding a good replacement when all of mine broke and they went out of production. I ended up switching to the O3 Red, which has 5 more sq. inches on the head. I think it had too much power (1100 power rating up from 925) and didn't feel very stable on off-center hits. Unfortunately that didn't help my one handed backhand and slowed my serve down a bit. I just switched to this racquet, and it's way more stable than the O3 Red on my serve, volleys, return of serves and defensive shots. I can turn defense into offense a whole lot easier with this racquet, but the most notable difference to me was on the return of serve. I found myself hitting more winners than I'm used to off the return. Flattening out shots for winners seems to be easier too. The only thing I wish was a bit better was the spin potential (in particular topspin). It might be that I am still just getting used to the racquet, though. But I have no problem slicing/chopping with this racquet and actually have found improvement in that area of my game with this racquet. I am a net rusher and highly recommend this racquet for this type of play.
From: Nikhil, Kokomo, IN, USA, 07/07
String type and tension: Tecnifibre X-One Biphase 17 at 60lbs
NTRP Rating: 3.5-4.0

Comments: Awesome stick for every player. Control is great, makes placing a groundstrokes and volleys very easy. Overall, best racquet I've ever played with.
From: Rory, Louisville, KY, USA, 06/07
String type and tension: Prince synthetic gut 16 @ 58lbs
Headsize: Midplus

Comments: I've played this racquet about 9 months. At first with lightning strings and a 60 psi I could not control it and actually went back to my triple threat graphite-topspin 61, but when I changed to topspin at 63 I found it with great control and power and lighter than my triple threat. My only negative now is that it is 1/2" shorter than my other racquet, and that they haven't put it on sale so I can buy a back up.
From: Ed, Capitola, CA, USA, 06/07
String type and tension: Prince topspin 63
Headsize: Midplus

Comments: I was hitting with a guy this evening who had a Prince Hornet in his bag. He let me hit with it. THESE THINGS SHOULD BE ILLEGAL!!! Tennis shouldn't be made to be this easy. I had been hitting with an ESTUSA Powerbeam, and before that a Gamma Tradition 18. I picked up the Hornet and felt like Richard Gasquet. The thing is ridiculously light yet surprisingly stable on hard hit ground strokes. A blind man could volley with the thing! The only weakness was the serve... just too light a frame to do more than spin the ball into play. Great defensive racquet whenever you are about out of the point. And very easy to switch to all-out offense, it's so light. We used to call these kinds of frames "Geezer racquets." Well, I'm into middle age. It may be time to put one of these in my bag beside my collection of classic 12-plus ounce sticks. The wonders of present- day racquet technology!
From: Gordon, USA. 5/07
Headsize: Mid-plus

Comments: After an almost 10 year layoff I recently started playing again and still had an old Prince Precision Graphite 95. This racquet still hits good, but I wanted something a little lighter with a little more control. I recently bought the Hybrid Hornet (Midplus) after several demos including the Hornet Oversize, Head Flexpoint and Liquidmetal(s). I really like the weight and think my return of serve has improved. This racquet just feels good and is easy on my arms and shoulders. I like the pop I'm getting on my serves and I feel like I have better placement with my serves than before. My son is 11 and loves to hit with it when we play instead of his racquet or my old graphite. I hope to pick another one up later this year and probably go to 55- 57lbs next time. I highly recommend this one.
From: Davis, White Oak, TX, USA. 5/07 String type and tension: Prince Lightning @ 62 Lbs Headsize: Midplus NTRP Rating: 3.5

Comments: This racquet literally turned my game inside out. I'm primarily a doubles player, and have been using a Dunlop Revelation Tour for the last 8 years or so. My strong points are my backhand, volleys, and variety and placement in my serve. Liabilities are my forehand, and return. So almost immediately I noticed a huge improvement in my groundstrokes with this racquet. Depth on my shots improved, and I was way more consistent. I could take full swings and everything went in. Seemed like the only time I was missing on the ground was by a couple inches when going for up-the-line passing shots. Returns improved too. As advertised, even off-centre hits had enough power to get over the net with this O3 racquet, and I found it much easier to attack weak second serves. Basically, this racquet immediately improved the weakest parts of my game, but at a cost: it has no 'feel'. It's so dampened that any kind of touch shot is made more difficult. With my Dunlop, I knew the moment I hit the ball whether it was going in. With this racquet, there's no feedback -- I have no idea. I think with practice I could make it work on touch shots, but I was missing badly on shots like defensive lobs and touch volleys. Overall, I'd recommend this stick for a baseline basher, but it's not quite for me.
From: Mark, Nanaimo, BC, Canada. 4/07 Headsize: MP NTRP Rating: 4.0 - 4.5

Comments: I don't care for the "look" of this stick, however, I can't put it down because it's a great machine! Quality of game does NOT come down to the racquet, but it helps if you sync your equipment with your style of play. For me, the Hybrid Hornet works well and is a nice upgrade (that's right) from my Babolat AeroPro Drive. If you're tired of trying to hit the Bab's tiny sweetspot but still want to unload on your shots then you will find this to be much more forgiving. I've been using it for the past four months and have no plans to change.
From: Eric, Nashville, TN, USA. 3/07
String type and tension: Signum Pro Plasma 1.23/Gosen OG Sheep Micro 17 @ 61/63 Lbs.

Comments: I say for people who want to have control with a racquet and the some power I can tell you after a year or so of using it. Its the best racquet I've ever used. When I got this racquet power control increased better. For people who use Prince racquets or are going to you should try this one.
From: Alexander, FL, USA. 3/07
NTRP Rating: 3.5 - 4.0

Comments: Am currently demo'ing this racquet. I'm looking for a replacement for my Prince TT Scream Mid. This Midplus seems a bit unwieldy at net- I wish it were only 95. I'd like to hear more about some of the reservations people have had for this racquet on volleys. I hit well with it in practice, but noticed that I didn't do as well with it when becoming tentative during an actual match. Am beginning to suspect that you need to take a good rip at the ball for it to perform at its best. I would also prefer a crisper feel- the muted response is less annoying with the hybrids, but it is still there. It may be a necessary evil to avoid the elbow pain I've experienced when trying the latest Wilson racquets.
From: Ann, Napa, CA, USA. 3/07

Comments: This is a very good racquet, as it allows for a variety from the baseline and the net. I use a kick/slider topspin first serve, and a extreme spin/kick second serve, and this racquet accommodates both of these serves very nicely, allowing me for good control on my slide, and excellent pop on my kick serve. From the baseline, it is easy to keep the ball deep, and to the sides. Volleys are excellent for both winners, those holy-cow-I-barely-got-it saves, and the occasional drop- shot/volley (if you're brave) With my type of string, I found the most appealing power/control ration without any dampener (save the grommets), and it has a nice feedback to let you know how you're hitting the ball. For some odd reason, even my miss hits go in with this racquet, if I miss the forgiving sweetspot. Very nice on my backhand as well (two-hander, power w/ topspin). Awesome racquet.
From: Houston, Winston, NC, USA. 3/07
String type and tension: Babolat 59 @ Lbs.
NTRP Rating: 3.5-4.0

Comments: It's a solid racquet. Not great, but not bad. It has some nice pop if that's what you're looking for. Nice pace on the serves, solid control.
From: Brad, San Francisco, CA, USA, 03/07
String type and tension: Tecnifibre X-One Biphase 16 @ 58
Headsize: 100 sq. in

Comments: This is a great racquet! It has a lot of power but it is very easy to control. The power is very useful when you are in a tight situation. Forehands and backhands have a lot punch and spin. Serves are especially fast. However I just wish it was a bit more stable, but overall a excellent racquet.
From: Xiang, Bronx, NY, USA, 03/07
String type and tension: Gamma TNT2 16 @ 62pounds
Headsize: Midplus

Comments: I've always played with Prince. I demoed many racquets, even tried some of the Head, Wilson, Yonex, Babolot and Volkl. In the end I chose the Prince Hybrid Hornet. It gave me power on the serve, good groundstrokes from the baseline and great volleys at the net. Awesome racquet.
From: Billy Joe, Jamaica, 01/07
String type and tension: Poly blend & Prince Premier softflex, 56lbs
Headsize: Midplus

Comments: I played with this racket for a month and an half now and all I can say about it is that for me, it is just the greatest one I've ever played with. No doubt. I love the control, power, and weight. I can say it helps me to become a better player. I serve bigger. I return bigger. I hit a ton of free points. I would not recommend it to my friends because I wouldn't like to lose my advantage. The Prince O3 Hornet makes the difference. My choice for the next 5 years.
From: Chris, Paris, France. 1/07
Headsize: Midplus

Comments: I've been playing with a couple of these O3 Hybrid Hornets for about eight months. I switched from a Dunlop 200G looking for a lighter, more powerful, and more maneuverable racket. I used to have a Prince Warrior and this one is a lot like it. I added lead tape to it to give it more punch. The racket works well for serve and volley, offering decent spin, slice, and maneuverability. My serve has more power than the 200G but I served better with the weighted Prince Warrior.
From: Bruce, Slidell, LA, USA. 1/07
String type and tension: Bab Pro Hurricane/Lux TiMO
Headsize: Midplus

Comments: I loved this racket. I first demoed the oversize and when I hit the ball like I normally do, I hit many home runs. After about 30 minutes, I finally started hitting them in with big time power. I went and bought the Midplus and automatically loved it more than the Oversize. It was easier to hit spins when I hit twist serves or kick serves. My slice backhands have twice as much slice as before.
From: Jon, Birmingham, AL, USA. 1/07
String type and tension: 58 lbs
Headsize: Midplus

Comments: Don't recommend this racquet at all. It's too light. You have no control whatsoever. It's only strong point is on volleys. I play with a pure drive Roddick with some lead tape on it.
From: Ben, MD, USA. 12/06
String type and tension: Luxilon ALU power @ 58 lbs

Comments: This is an awesome racquet with lots of power and control. As soon as I started playing with it I started winning matches that I normally would have lost. It is a great racquet and I would advise it to anybody.
From: Andrew, New Zealand. 11/06

Comments:Was playing with npro and have had a hard time getting the feel everyone seems to find with these. I find them very hard to control from the baseline. Love volleys and serving with them but returns are a nightmare. Seem to switch back to the npros still having a hard time making the switch for good. May try the new hybrid tour.
From: John, BC, Canada, 11/06
String type and tension: Prince syn 16 58lbs
Headsize: MP
NTRP Rating: 4.5 +

Comments: The Prince Hybrid Hornet MP is my new baby! I love this racquet. I was using a Liquid Metal 4, which was just too much power for me. Then I went back to my Head TS.1, which worked well but just didn't have enough zip and pop. After multiple racquet demos, I was thrilled to find the Hybrid Hornet. It fit like a glove right away. It has the perfect blend of control and power for me. Most importantly, it has a really great feel: solid at the net, solid at the baseline, and a good touch that gives me confidence to execute specialty shots while moving in. This racquet has pop, but it still offers a great amount of control. I play singles and doubles, and am really enjoying this new stick.
From: Beatrice, San Francisco, CA, USA. 10/06
String type and tension: Prince Lightning 16 @ 60 lbs

Comments: I started playing with the Hybrid Hornet after having huge arm problems with the O3 White. I loved the way the White hit, but after a couple of months, it was just killing me. Being a Prince fan, I tried the Hornet. There are some racquets that have a certain magic about them. This is one of them, particularly if you're a 4.0+ player looking for something a little less demanding than an all-out player's frame, but find most of the tweeners either too powerful or too stiff. I added some tape to the handle and at 9 and 3 o'clock to give the frame a bit more heft. It's now about 11.3 oz and perfect. Sweet!
From: John, Newport Beach, CA, USA. 10/06
String type and tension: Wilson NXT 17 @ 57 lbs

Comments: Without question, this racquet is a wonderful surprise. As a junior and younger adult, I always played with 11+ oz frames, but as I have gotten a little older, that's just too much heft for me day after day. Over recent years, I have played with many racquets and the Hornet MP is perfect to me in terms of swingweight, power, and control. After playing with the Babolat APD and the Yonex RDX300 for quite awhile, I feel as if I have struck just the right balance with this stick. I am able to generate great pace, spin, and control from the baseline, as well as at the net. Serves are still powerful yet more controlled. Although I made absolutely no plans to invest in new sticks this winter, I plan to purchase 3-4 of these ASAP.
From: Alexa, Charlotte, NC, USA. 10/06
String type and tension: Babolat XCel Premium 17 @ 57 lbs
Headsize: Midplus

Comments: I was playing with a Wilson H-Rival (96") for the past year and decided to make a change. I demoed the OS Hornet and the Head Flexpoint Instinct. The lower swing weight on the Hornet was the deciding factor. I could hit harder with the Flexpoint, but my serve and backhand feel more under control with the Hornet. Comfort is the ideal word for this racquet. My Wilson started giving me wrist problems because of the length & swing weight, but I have no discomfort at all with the Hybrid Hornet...Good stuff.
From: John, Euless, TX, USA. 10/06
String type and tension: Prince Lightning 16 @ 58 lbs

Comments: I too found this to be a very comfortable racquet. Little effort when hitting from the baseline with top spin, or net with some punch. Serving was right on target, and no wrist or forearm soreness that I had experienced prior to using this racquet. Plenty of power for me!! I still use my Shark OS, but this Hornet is my racquet of choice.
From: Jenny, NC, USA. 10/06
String type and tension: Prince Syn Gut with Duraflex @ Mid

Comments: I demoed this racket, trying to find a replacement for my Wilson Triad. This racket was a breath of fresh air, besides one little issue. From the baseline, I was able to add a lot more spin and power in my hits while still having my flat shot still available to me. The control was perfect for me. At the net, I was able to receive of center shots no problem. It was solid all the way. Plus it has a cool look. Before I buy this, I want to try the o3 hybrid spectrum. It has very similar specs. There was one problem that I found. I still had to add a shock absorber to the racket even though it has one already built in it. Without it, I wasn't able to control the ball as well.
From: Patrick, San Ramon, CA 08/06
NTRP Rating: 3.5-4.0

Comments: This racquet improved my serve a lot. I can get a hell of a lot more power with this racquet on my groundstrokes and volleys have improved also. I also get a lot of control with all my shots. If you're looking for better serves and a perfect blend of power and control, this racquets for you. Without a doubt the best value of any racquet for how good it is.
From: Bill, Michigan, USA 08/06
String type and tension: Prince Lightning 16 @ 58 lbs.
Headsize: mid+

Comments: I have been playing with this racket since April and it has improved my game while saving my arm. I went from a Yonex RD500 because of arm problems and wanted a mid-weighted racket. I read your reviews and demoed one and fell in love with the response from Hybrid Hornet. Serves have great velocity without sacrificing control. Off-center shots from all over the court especially volleys have very good pace. Highly recommended if you don't want to go too heavy or too light.
From: Tomas, Rainier, WA, USA 07/06
String type and tension: Tecnifibre X-1 biphase

Comments: Great racquet!! Improved every part of my game. Great feel whether hitting it well or not. Surprisingly good for a slice backhand, and good control when swung hard. I loved the maneuverability and feel at the net. Bottom line the best racquet I've ever hit with. Great for all shots, especially on the run.
From: Nick, Michigan 07/06
Headsize: Midplus

Comments: After demoing nCodes, the Hybrid Shark and a Babolat, this racquet was the clear winner with me. I found it easier to go for big serves than with the others. Also, I had more control than with the other demoed racquets. I like the stability of the racquet as well. When you go for the big serve or forehand, you feel in control of the shot versus just letting one rip. The Shark had a decreased control compared to the Hornet. Another thing I liked about the racquet was the amount of finesse it allowed me to hit with delicate shots. Hitting on the run was also easier. I would seriously consider this racquet if you were looking for more control with your overall game. The only downside is the Duratac grip wears down fast. Mine had wear marks after a week of practice at school.
From: Branden, Richmond, VA, USA 07/06
String type and tension: Prince Lightning, 58
Headsize: 100 sq in

Comments: This is nothing like the previous hornet. I prefer the triple threat hornet compared to this hybrid hornet. Again, there is not feel to it. All the o3 series racquets have muted feel to them. It's hard to produce spin with it and you can't control the power of this racquet because of its muted feel. Hard to hit any angles because it will likely go wide because you wouldn't know when to use so much power. Even on baseline rallies, you wouldn't know when to use so much power because of the muted feel, and it's hard to bring the ball down with topspin because it's hard to produce topspin with the muted feel. Prince claims that the oPorts make the sweetspot large but I can't feel that "sweetspot" part when I do hit it. At least the triple threat hornet had a sweetspot that could be felt. Prince is making a bad mistake with thee o3 racquets. If you want the better prince racquets, stick with the tour series or the triple threat series. I would recommend this racquet if you're very lucky on the tennis court. But if you work hard for your points and put effort in your shots to improve, don't use the o3 series.
From: Steve 07/06

Comments: This is a great racquet! I was very committed to my Babolat, and didn't think I'd ever swing a Prince, but a sales guy talked me into just trying one. The feel was great, the balance and weight were just right. Serves were under control but with pace. Volleys have never felt better. Negatives? Well, only one, and it's minor. The built-in damper, very cute, nice design, but unless you've got the racquet strung to the max tension, any movement of the strings will send it sailing. Too bad, because it's a cool idea, but unless there's a way to immobilize the two center strings, it won't stay in place. Still, very minor point for a terrific stick.
From: Eric, Lake Oswego, OR, USA 06/06
String type and tension: Babolat XL Premium 17, 60lbs
Headsize: 100 (MP)

Comments: I've demoed several racquets over the past two months in search of a replacement for my very worn out Prince Thunder Extreme. After hitting with a few of the Wilson nCodes as well as several from the current O3 line, and thus far, the Hornet is by far my favorite. It was the only racquet so far that felt good and hit good as soon as I picked it up. Granted that has more to do with personal style and preference, but it certainly fit well for me. It is a very comfortable racquet and MUCH more forgiving on off-center shots (including serves) than my current stick. My partner and I both noticed a lot more pop on my serves and groundstrokes, and much of this was due to the fact that it was pretty easy to generate sufficient topspin to play the ball deep. I've got the Hybrid Spectrum on demo now, so we'll see how that goes, but so far, the Hornet looks to be my next stick.
From: Jarod, Ridgeland, MS, USA 06/06