Pacific Prime Natural Gut 17 String Customer feedback

Comments: This is good, lively string. It is more pliable, has more "feel" than Babolat VS, and easier to string. I get good wear using string savers, even with the wide string pattern I use.
From: Jim, Indian Wells, CA, USA. 4/04

Comments: I used this string in my Yonex Ti-1700 and was not overly impressed. The playability of the string was far off Babolat VS gut and the durability was terrible, at least on the set I tried. The string only lasted me 6 hours and I can usually play for at least 3 weeks with VS without the use of string savers. Overall, it was a big disappointment. Spend a couple extra bucks to get the best -- Babolat VS. Actually, Babolat Tonic gut I think played better than the Pacific as well.
From: Charles, USA. 12/03

Comments: Relative to Babolat VS Gut, I rate Pacific Gut sub par. I would not use it on my racquets again. I thought playability at best was comparable to a decent synthetic like Gamma TNT. Durability and ease of stringing were definitely not the strong points. In gut strings you pay more for the quality and while Pacific Gut is a fair value, it doesn't approach Babolat in terms of feel and performance.
From: Richard, USA. 12/03

Comments: This is my favorite gut. I think it is every bit as good or better than Babolat VS 17. It plays firmer and for me, lasts longer than any other gut. Plus, for the price, you can't beat it.
From: Robert, USA. 12/03

Comments: I felt that the string was good for a gut string. I did like the BDE and the Klip better. The Pacific felt slightly dead, like it had a thick coating on it. It didn't break prematurely, and felt decent, I just would go with one of the other two in the future. I would give it a B- grade overall. Thanks!
From: Michael, USA. 12/03