Pacific Classic Natural Gut 16 String Customer feedback

Comments: Decent playing string for the price once the coating wears off. I did have a problem stringing this as the gauge was very inconsistent. One end was so thick, it could not be threaded though any grommet until I cut off 8+ inches. Thickness problem was found in 3 other areas in this batch making this the hardest gut I've ever had to string.
From: Ford, 7/14

Comments: This is my first time using natural gut. I was looking for an affordable gut on the stiffer side, with good pocketing and power and Pacific Classic fits the bill. I had hit with VS several times using my friends' racquets, but VS is too soft for my liking. I use Pacific Classic in a hybrid in the crosses @ 52lbs with a copoly in the mains @ 48lbs in a Dunlop 4D 100.

Comments: Unfortunately, I cannot comment on the performance characteristics of this string, as it broke, many times (first, as the short side in a full string job, and then, as the crosses in a hybrid), during the stringing process. Perhaps, I just got a lousy set.
From: Rich, 2/12

Comments: I was looking for the perfect string. This is not it. It is affordable but feels so so. Takes about 5 hours to wear out the "durability" coating on the sweet spot. Then, it hits great but if you should hit off the sweet spot it feels as if you are hitting with a stiff poly. In about 2 hours, the string then feels dead.
From: GS, 7/11

Comments: I switched to this affordable natural gut and in a matter of three weeks lost my chronic tendonitis. Loses it's pop after awhile as it frays but the price is right. 4.5 player, string at 58.
From: Pete, Bradenton, FL, USA, 10/10

Comments: Very good string. Great feel and control. I've been surprised by the durability. It has lasted much longer than I anticipated. I feel I'm getting good bang for my buck. I'll use this string again. I'm a 4.5 player, I hit with topspin, and I string my own racket.
From: Rick, Vail, CO, USA, 08/10

Comments: I purchased this string along with Babolat VS to compare how they played in a hybrid with NRG2. This string is not as soft as Babolat and can be described as crisp. It has good feel and we'll see on the longevity but overall it is an excellent value so far. If you aren't willing to shell out the big bucks for Babolat, this is a great alternative.
From: Rob, Falls Church, VA 01/10

Comments: I found this to be a great string with good pop, feel & control.
From: Roger, Tampa, FL, USA, 11/08

Comments: Without a doubt, my favorite string in the Pacific natural gut line. This string plays firm and allows you to string looser. It has great feel, control, and durability. $ For $ the best natural gut for sale.
From: Robert, Jackson, MS, USA, 06/08

Comments: I played with the Classic Nat Gut and have never been more disappointed with a string. This is the worst, most overpriced string that I have ever tried. I cut it out after two sessions because it had absolutely no control or feel. There is such a heavy glaze on this string that it is like hitting with a board. There is absolutely no bite on the ball. It is not like any gut that I have used before. Maybe that is why they find it necessary to coat it with such a heavy cover-up. I replaced it with BDE Ralley which is BDE's cheaper gut and it plays great as usual.
From: John, Wilmington, NC, USA. 2/07

Comments: Great feel, good durability, and excellent all around string. My favorite string when I can afford it. I'm a 5.0 player.
From: James in Austin, TX USA. 9/03

Comments: A quality natural gut. Stringing it up was not a problem and the playability is up there with other premium natural gut strings. Even in humid weather, this Pacific Gut played and lasted well. I used this string in my Wilson ROK and it really livened up the stringbed adding some nice pop to my shots. Great stuff!
From: Jim, Bradenton, FL, USA. 9/03