Kirschbaum Pro Line X 17 (1.25) String Reel Cherry/Oran Customer feedback

Comments: Strung this in a hybrid in both a Head Graphene MP, then the 2011 Babolat PDRGT+, both at about 45 pounds in the mains and 48 pounds with a multi in the crosses. It was a great string, but in the Graphene it only lasted about 4 hours of play. It had a good amount of spin and good feel, until it broke. It felt even better in the Babolat and lasted a little longer (12 hours max), which still isn't long enough for me. When a poly breaks two separate times before the multifilaments, it is a bad sign. If you can afford to, and are willing to string constantly then this string will be great for you, but with my experience, I don't think I can give it another shot.

Comments: It's firm, with excellent control, a very predictable response and above average spin for a round poly. It has the good feel of a round poly (vs a shaped poly), as it's very solid feeling on impact, holds tension well, very durable/high resistance to wear for a poly, and it remains playable for a good amount of time. I've gotten about 8 hours out of it so far and still going. I'm finding better accuracy with this compared to other polys on groundstrokes, and it has added so much control on volleys that I am playing much more confidently and aggressively at net. Nothing really jumps out at you with this string other than the firm response and control, and there's nothing fancy about it, but it just works. I can't argue with the great results. I think this string matches up well with a powerful "tweener" racquet similar to the Pure Drive or AeroPro Drive. I highly recommend it for someone seeking more control from their frame.