ProKennex Ki QTour Racquets Customer feedback

Comments: I just kept all the lead at 2 and 10 o'clock on the racquet. Somewhere between 8 and 16 grams depending on the person.
From: Selles, 8/13

Comments: True to it's exterior, this one is a dark horse. It will not be rushed, it will not tolerate abrupt commands and poor technique, but if you learn to smoothly command it's momentum it will seamlessly plow the ball into the depths of your opponent's court. Feels like there is some heft in the midsection, so there is tons of stability here, but this racquet will not be ideal for heavy spinners. Those should look to lighter, more polarized setups (295 with some lead?). Personally, I like to mix it up and did add a bit of lead at 12, so the tip carries through better on loopy shots. Strung with Signum Pro Hyperion 17 at 53 lbs and it feels perfect for this racquet.
From: Anton, 8/13

Comments: Keeping 12 grams at 2 and 10 O'clock and also using 4 grams of lead at 3 and 9 O'Clock. Dialed in.
From: Selles, 7/13

Comments: Hopefully my last update. Keeping the Babolat Pro Hurricane 18 gauge string at 65 pounds but going back to the 12 grams at 2 and 10 O'clock. I am going to try 16 grams at 2 and 10 O'Clock also. Find what works for you. I play at a 5.0 level.
From: Selles, 7/13

Comments: Update to my previous comment. I switched my lead tape placement to 3 and 9 O'Clock and will be using 8 grams of lead tape there. I also switched the string to Babolat Pro Hurricane 18 gauge string at 65 pounds. Still use two overgrips on a 4 1/2 inch grip. This racquet has surgical precision. I play at the 5.0 level.
From: Selles, 7/13

Comments: This is a great racquet for heavy topspin forehands and great slice backhands. I added 12 grams of lead at 2 and 10 O'Clock. I like the lead there because it helps my kick serve and my heavy topspin forehand. I usually have to sacrifice some directional control with my slice backhand because of this lead tape placement but not with this racket, perhaps because of the weight placement in the frame at 4 and 8 O'Clock. Whatever the reason this is a true breakthrough for me. They list it at 63 stiffness and I'm sure that is how it tested since Tennis Warehouse is always spot on, but when you swing it it feels more flexible, a different kind of fles which I like. My racquets with the extra lead and two overgrips are up to 12.9 ounces, not for the faint of heart. I use a little tape on the fingers like Borg and Nadal which helps. I hope they make this racquet for a long time. Well done Pro Kennex. If you like the Head Pro Tour 280 or the Head Prestige Mid Plus, this is well worth a try. I string it with Gamma Infinity 15L kevlar main and Gamma marathon 16g cross string at a high tension.
From: Selles, 7/13

Comments: For the weight, I thought it was very maneuverable. So much so that I'm skeptical of the published swingweight. This frame also loves to slice, and perhaps almost too much. I had difficulty with chip returns of serve and slice backhand groundstrokes because it felt like the racquet just wants to knife those shots more than I want it to do. It possesses great maneuverability on volleys and a plush feel from the sweet spot. Slice and kick serves gave great results with less effort than normal for me. Flatter serves felt like they lacked punch and plowthrough. The flex from the frame was noticeable and friendly for my elbow. Not as plush as the Ki5, but slightly heavier and more flexy. The dense stringbed felt a little boardy compared to the Ki5. I thought the racquet had a rather neutral setup in which all playstyles could probably make this racquet work for them, unless you encounter the slice issue I mentioned above.
From: Aaron, 9/12

Comments: I agree with Fred below, who said that this might be the best racquet he's ever swung. My sentiments are perhaps not quite that strong, but they are in that general range. I have been playing with Pure Drives for a year, both the 300 gram ones and the 315 gram ones (Roddick), and I developed a preference for this racquet after one hour of play. I have 25 hours on it as I write. I get a better forehand with the Pure Drives (flat semi-Western), but I get a much better backhand with this one (one handed flat slice), and serve and return of serve are about equal. I am getting the best backhand I've had in years with this racquet (at age 67). I have Klip Legend Tour 17 gauge natural gut in mine, at a low tension, and I am getting the softest hit you can imagine. This racquet has a ton of feel, it gives not bad power, and it is super easy on the arm. I would say classical players with smooth strokes should give this one a try, for it may be the very best racquet made today for the classical style. On top of that it is super arm-friendly.
From: Kendra, 9/12

Comments: This feels like a slightly lighter Redondo, splitting the difference between it and the Black Ace 98 and also splitting the difference in flex. This racquet will appeal to those that like the feeling of player's racquets from the 90's, like the Prince Graphite, though with better stability, maneuverability, and feel. You need long fast strokes to supply your own power. It's a fantastic racquet, but I prefer something easier to whip and with a stiffer frame like the Ki 5 315. Hope this helps.
From: Sean, 8/12
String type and tension: Gosen OG Sheep @ 57 lbs

Comments: I bought two QTours three weeks ago without testing, hoping they will see me through some wrist and elbow issues. At the time I could barely hold a racket due to wrist pain and TE. Three weeks later, wrist pain is gone 100% and TE reduced to barely a twinge. Incredibly, in the early sessions with the QTour my arm felt better at the end of each hitting session than it felt at the beginning. I'm now back to my normal routine, playing 3-5 times a week from 1.5 to 3 hours at a time. I also did some physical therapy during this time but feel that the QTour was the main contributing factor in my recovery. Aside from being great on my arm, QTour is an outstanding player's racket. It is much more powerful than other racquets I've been using lately and this took some adjustment, but now I enjoy the extra power. There is noticeably more pop on my serves. I struggled with depth control on groundies and volleys at first but feel like I'm getting close to dialing that in now. Directional control was outstanding from the beginning. Unlike some other reviewers, I feel that QTour allows you to generate heavy spin. Well-hit topspin shots explode off the court, slices stay low and/or jump sideways, depending on the execution. No problem with paint quality so far, or with ProKennex QC: as bought, the two frames were within 2g/0.5 balance points difference from each other. It was easy to match them exactly at 353g 9pts HL (strung, with vibration dampener and overgrip). The swingweight measured by TW method is 335-340. Great frames. Tennis is fun again.
From: Ian, 7/12
Donnay X-Hybrid @ 60 lbs

Comments: I really really love this frame! Had elbow surgery in the past and this is first player frame I have used that a) has great feel, b) has great power, and c) feels great on my arm. I have been able to get really nice control and spin with the racquet too. Shocked that with such a thin frame it can produce such a combination of feel/control/power. Best ProKennex frame ever delivered I think and can't wait to get back out on the court again soon to use. Highly recommended for any player above 4.0
String type: Gamma LiveWire

Comments: At 11.5oz, this racquet is still a bit light for me, but it's fine after I change the grip to leather. With this racquet I am hitting wicked spins and sharp angles in serves and groundstrokes. It's a wonderful stick for doubles as the stability of the QTour at the net was impressive. Volleys can be put away effectively with pinpoint accuracy. The racquet also provides greet feel and comfort. My overall impression so far...I like eveything about the QTour, as it did everything well above average.
From: Kevin, 6/12
String type and tension: MSV Co Focus 17 @ 35/36 lbs

Comments: This racket can use better quality control. After a few hard hitting sessions, the paint around the 11 o'clock is cracking. Luckily, the graphite is 100% ok. Plays like a dream though. Precision with 120% elbow and shoulder safety. This is probably the best players racket that is elbow friendly. Great for 1 handed backhand. If you play doubles or hit flat, it's a top 5 racket.
From: Jose, 6/12
String type: Wilson NXT 16

Comments: The Q puts the fun back in tennis. The racquet inspires confidence. During a match you hope for tiny openings to go for, just to see how things turn out! Great control on any shot. Now I'm a pretty flat hitter so I can't speak with any expertise about topspin, but for flat shots, drop shots and spin serves this racquet is hard to beat. Plus, it really feels good when hitting.
From: Charlie, 6/12

Comments: After more hitting with the Q Tour: I restrung the Q down to 48 (MSV Hex Co-Poly 17,) which suited me a bit better. Serving hard and flat - the Q hits like a nine pound hammer. If you can hit a kick serve, this is your stick. I was getting some 8 foot kicks, and have NEVER gotten that kind of action before with any previous racquet/string combination. That said, the Q requires full, accelerating strokes, at least with the poly set up I am using. Rushed slow swings outside of drop shots landed sitters, mid court. Full swings sent the ball deep with topspin that accelerated and lifted off the bounce. A little caution - head light or not, I felt the every ounce of the 12+ ounces until I got used to it.
From: Fred, 6/12
String type and tension: MSV Hex 17, 48lbs
NTRP Rating: 4+

Comments: I was waiting for TW to get this racquet in stock and bought one at the very same day it showed up on the website. I have had elbow problems for a few years now, had a surgery last year and the pain was not subsiding. It got to a point where I could not serve any longer, and that was extremely frustrating. I am happy to tell you that after playing 3 times with this racquet, I was able to serve with minimal discomfort and can feel that the arm is in a much better shape in such short period of time. The kinetic technology really works, making this frame the most arm friendly I have ever tried. Aside from that, the racquet plays and feels great. I agree with Fred, the frame is very soft and it pockets the ball very well. Accuracy is phenomenal and it provides a great deal of spin for a tight string pattern. I highly encourage anyone with elbow or shoulder problems to give this racquet a try. I know I am sticking to it and not looking back!
From: Fabio, 5/12
String type and tension: Gosen OGSM 17, 53lbs

Comments: Bought the Q after watching Seppi win his first ATP Tournament in Mexico, and making the Quarters in Italy after switching from his previous racquet to the Q. Watching carefully, it was not a paintjob and his shots were markedly different. My first impression is that the Q Tour is a flexible racquet - softer feel than the Redondo. I had the sense of a very long dwell time. I don't know how else to describe it. The ball stays on the string (MSV 17 g hepta Twist @ 55 lbs - a softer co-poly,) much longer than I have experienced with any previous racquet. It felt to me like the ball took a short ride on the racquet. Took me 10-15 minutes to get dialed in. When I got used to it and let the ball ride the racquet, the spin imparted was Babolat like. and the power was at the upper range for a players racquet. Accuracy was excellent, but with the tight string pattern, that was expected...the heavy spin was a surprise. This racquet might be a real game changer - clearly different than any other racquet out there, including previous Kinetics. More later - the initial overall impression - this might be the best racquet I have ever swung.
From: Fred, 5/12