Comments: Wow, Wow, Wow....On a whim I purchased the PK Black Ace 93 not thinking it would work for me as I tend to like a stiffer frame. I figured I'll play around with it for a few weeks then sell or trade it. This baby is not going anywhere. In fact when I got home I ordered another one. First set played was a little iffy. Couldn't really find my sweetspot. By the 3rd set with my 4.0 hitting partner I was hitting winners from the baseline, which I normally don't do.
This is a serving machine, I couldn't miss. Now I do have a good serve anyway but with this stick it took the serve to another level.
One can't be tentative with this stick though, plus you'll need a developed stroke, But swing away. The so-called tight string pattern does not take away from spin at all, at least not for me. This will be my new racquet of choice. What a great, great stick.
From: Carl, Albuquerque, NM, USA, 03/11
String type and tension: Gamma Live Wire 55#

Comments: I loved the racquet. My positive pointers are many, it's stiff yet easy hitting on the arm. Slightly hard to adjust to smaller head size at first (I went from a 97inch Prince Speedport Tour) but once I got use to it, really gave me great touch and precision. I particularly like the 'old school' graphite look and feel to the racquet: thin beam, good string pattern (strings don't break as often as the Prince racquets, despite my cheap out by going with syn gut strings - with Prince racquets I was always having to use a hybrid formula to avoid restringing every week). I made lots of research before getting a new racquet, and this fitted the bill that I was looking for. However I concur with Jimmy from Pensicola, that even from the pictures I felt that the lower end of the grip was annoyingly different in shape, to other 'standard' racquets. And although I would hate to find a negative on what has to be my best racquet of the former racquets I've played with in the last ten years, as soon as I started playing with the BA93 I felt the grip handle weak, virtually creaking when I held the grip firmly. Sure enough, within two months tops, the butt-end of the grip broke off, (the stapler completely torn from the wood underneath and no chance of a good fix with gluing it back on - despite several attempts). Disappointingly the other racquet went the same way three months later, by starting to give on the grip and on not even six months, both racquets have detached grip ends. Really annoying, because it could have been a great racquet ( + a cheaper version of the head prestige mid plus) but the fault being whereas grips tend to eventually wear after 3-5 years of excessive use, for an intermediate, frequent player, the BA grip is not solid enough.

Comments: Finally I bought BA 93 after playing with Redondo Mid for several years. I wanted to see how a bit stiffer (still extremely comfortable tough) version of Redondo plays out and so the journey began. I got it strung just like the Redondo's - RAB Monoflex 16L at 59 lb and took it for a spin. Since all of my Reodndos are slightly modified around 12.6 oz this one felt a bit too light and didn't have much behind the balls. The comfort was there as it was expected. At first I adjusted the specs to be the same as stock Redondo and put a leather grip. Now hitting with this frame is pretty close to the Redondo and extra stiffness is definitely welcomed! With only 4 grams of weight in the head it still felt a tad bit lighter then it should be and when hitting the ball there was just a bit more feel of the ball at the point of contact compare to my Redondos which all pretty much crash the balls with no resistance. So, I added 2 more grams to total about 5.5 at 3&9 and this fixed that plow through problem. Hitting is pretty much the same as I have with Redondo strung at 59 lb, but just a bit more feel, which is probably result of extra stiffness. I will try to add a bit more weight to the handle (about 5-10 grams) in order to make it a bit more HL. At this time it is just below the 8 points and I want it to be above 9. The only issue that I have with this is my serve where a bit of extra weight in the head affects my timing so switching between the Redondo and BA is not easy during the point play as it is during the rallying. I will post another comment once I do this part. Overall, great frame for pretty good price! It is shame they don't come originally with the leather grip, but at least that is not a difficult thing to do. Now I am back to generating insane amount of spin with this frame as well and pin point precision is unmatched!
From: Fedja, Reading, MA, USA. 05/10
String type and tension: RAB Monoflex at 59 lb (soon to be 57 for a bit more power)

Comments: Love the Black Ace. I have shoulder problems and was looking for an arm friendly racquet, and this fit the bill perfectly. It's extremely soft and comfortable, but still manages to feel crisp and have some pop. The soft layup offers plenty of feel and allows me to be really aggressive with my cuts. The polarized balance makes it feel maneuverable, but still feel solid and stable at impact. I can get incredible amounts of spin with the swing speed I'm able to generate... Just perfectly weighted and balanced for my strokes.
From: Chasing Neil, Los Angeles, CA. 4/10
String type and tension: MSV Focus Hex @ 50

Comments: This is a very clean racquet, I love playing serve and volley with it, all my shots feel crisp and I get great pace on my shots. Very nice racquet!
From: Garrett, NC, USA 03/10
String type and tension:Pro Hurricane Tour 17L

Comments: Great racquet. Amazingly solid. Superb touch and feel in all areas of the court. This racquet really gives me confidence at the net and on groundies which both come fairly easy. Serving, however, was the only area where it required some additional work. Very control oriented on serve, but difficult to increase pace and spin. Overall, two thumbs up!
From: Brian, TX, USA, 02/10
String type and tension: Co-poly, 55 lbs
Headsize: 93 (MID)

Comments: Switched from the K Factor Tour 90. Put 6" of lead tape at 3 & 9 and changed the grip to a leather grip. This racquet has me excited again about my game. The Tour 90 has felt a little restrictive due to the weight, but I was not able to find a racquet that felt as controlled or compact. I have tried numerous racquets over the last year including the Microgel Prestige mid, Babolat Pure Storm ltd & Tour, K Blade 93, Boris Becker mid, and more, but I continued to prefer the Tour 90 until now. The Black Ace reminds me of the old Head Prestige Classic, but a little more stable due to the fact that it is a little more head heavy and has a slightly higher swingweight. My forehand finally feels free again - I can whip around the ball and generate awesome pace. I can really flatten the ball out nice on my serve and place it where I want with greater ease. Volleys feel nice and compact with excellent feel. By far the best racquet I have played with in years - I would venture to say that it feels even better than the old Prestige classics. Great racquet.
From: Ricky, Florida. 9/09
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger ALU Power Fluoro - 56 lbs.

Comments: This frame blew me away when I demoed it. I was in the market for a midsize and demoed this one, a Wilson K6.1 tour 90 and the Prince Diablo mid. To be honest, when I asked Tennis Warehouse to send the Black Ace, I thought it'd be the clunker of the three, but it was easily my favorite. I liked the Tour 90 as well, but I hit consistently well with the Black Ace -- serves, ground strokes, volleys, you name it. I'm going to demo a couple others (like the KBlade Tour and the Head Prestige Mid) just to make sure, but I have a hunch I'll be coming back to the BA93. Looking forward to reading the TW review when it comes out soon.
From: John, Chicago, IL 08/09

Comments: Love the new Black Ace 93! The frame takes you back to a place and time when all that mattered was hitting crisp shots(My junior years). Control was off the charts and power was there when called upon. Just ordered two...
From: Henri, Alparetta, GA 08/09
String type and tension: Kirschbaum Pro Line II @ 58lbs

Comments: This racquet is really raw and classic. It's unique but I can tell you it feels between Redondo mid and Dunlop revelation pro tour 90.
From: JacKKyKung, Pattaya, Thailand. 8/09
String type and tension: SPPP 18

Comments: This thing is ugly as sin and hits just as bad. Poor imitation of a KBlade Tour or Prestige Mid. Annoying grip shape and cheap synthetic material. The only good thing I can say about it is it's mostly black.
From: Jimmy, Pensicola, FL, USA. 08/09
String type and tension: Babolat VS Gut, 58 lbs.

Comments: Although the stiffness is rated at 58, it feels stiffer than that when in play. The very first time I played the BA93, the first thing that popped up in my head was ... "this thing is just like the MG Prestige". I'd suggest you put a leather grip instead of the synthetic grip to make it a couple of points more headlight, then put an overgrip on top of the leather. It feels much better too. (I've moded mine way, way out now). I also own a Redondo 93 (yes, I'm the one who started the Redondo Thread) and I find that, although the Redondo's nice and soft with very good control, it lacks the "omph". This is probably due to the lower swingweight, as I find that when I added some lead in the head area I get more kills. Now, the BA93 has solved the issue with higher swingweight, and yet maintained that precision and maneuverability of the Redondo. Comfort-wise, it feels more raw but crisper than the Redondo. Still, a very, very comfortable frame of PK DNA. I'd recommend this racquet to anyone who doesn't care for big brand names. The BA93 is one sure winner!
From: Anirut, Bangkok, Thailand 06/09
String type and tension: Synthetic gut, 55 lbs.
Headsize: 93 (MID)