Prince EXO3 Black Racquets Customer feedback

Comments: I have to mirror Scott's comments about how easily these racquets crack! I have been using it for two years now since it was released and I really love it. BUT, and it's a huge BUT, this racquet is ridiculously fragile. I have accidentally broken four racquets in the last 9 - 12 months. I play on clay mostly and slide around a lot and have taken spills where the racquet has left my hand and cracked upon hitting the ground. Prince needs to address this issue and I am at a loss as to whether I should start the tedious and expensive process of finding a new stick, or what.
From: Tracy, 3/12

Comments: This is the racquet that I've been looking for. Very solid, controlled feel, especially good touch on volleys. It is heavier than my previous racquets, but I quickly realized that it a good thing - it makes for more stability. Love the soft feel of the strings too.
From: Deborah, 2/12

Comments: Great reviews led me to this - excellent base line experience and solid but not spectacular on volleying, where some more stiffness would help. Forgiving sweet spot and very rewarding for well placed shots. A touch tough to get the right feel for deep returns and requires more than a medium back swing speed.
From: Michael Gale, 1/12

Comments: Great power with control, but I understand what the reviewers meant by "muted feel" etc. But stiffness at 71 equals bad elbow for me.
From: Aero, 11/11
String type and tension: Prince Synthetic Gut with Duraflex and Pro Hurricane Tour, 54 lbs

Comments: This is an outstanding racquet. I demo'ed both string-hole and port- hole versions for 4 rounds of demos. I definitely like the string-hole model (thanks Tennis Warehouse for offering both). String- hole version is softer with superior feel and power. The port-hole frame made a funny "swooshing" sound, was inconsistent, and felt stiffer and almost board like. I compared to Babolat's: AeroPro Drive GT, Pure Drive GT (regular and plus), Roddick GT (regular and plus), Wilson Blade 98 and Six.One 95, Head Youteck Prestige Mid. The Babolat Pure Drive GT played better than the port hole EXO3 Black. Despite the boring look of the EXO3, it was the clearly the best racquet for my baseline game. EXO3 Black string-hole is fun, powerful, and forgiving. I highly recommend.

Comments: I am a lifetime Babolat Pure Storm user, but decided to demo some racquets on a whim. The Prince EX03 Black was the clear winner. I tried it both with the ports and hole grommets. Horrible feel, vibration and control with the ports, but an amazing all around stick with the hole grommets. It is lighter than what I'm used to, but perfect weight for modification. Quite a bit more power as well, but easy to control with the extra spin you can generate. I'm a lefty and was shocked at how much trouble my regular hitting partners had dealing with the extra spin this stick gave my serve. Guys that have seen my serve for years were all of a sudden having trouble returning second serves. With the Pure Storm, I used to use only Tecnifibre X- One Biphase, but I found this racquet responded best with a poly, especially Luxilon Big Banger Ace 18. This is a great racquet for players currently using a traditional players racquet looking to get a little extra spin and power.
From: Darin, 9/11
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger Ace 18, 57 lbs

Comments: This is an amazing racquet! It really improved my serves and the backhands and forehands were incredible!

Comments: I have been using this racquet for the last couple weeks and found it slightly better than the Team version. I tend to hit hard and I feel like I have control over my shots and it more or less lands, where I want. Good racquet overall!
From: Rajesh, 9/11
String type and tension: Prince Premier LT 16

Comments: Great racquet! I've been using it for about 10 months and cannot put it down! It is not so great for flat serves, but is good for slice and kick serves. I have a flat serve, so I am working with the kick serve. Great on groundstrokes! I love hitting an approach shot with it, great power!
From: Preston, 8/11
String type and tension: Prince @ 60
NTRP Rating: 3.5-4

Comments: I just demoed this racket and I absolutely love it! I need to lower the tension a bit because I am young and can use the extra power. Other than that the racket was perfect on control, serve, and spin. I played a friend and was using the drop shot every other shot because it was such a weapon:) I would recommend this racket to anyone who wants the ultimate power and control!
From: Zach. 6/11

Comments: After playing with the Kfactor 6.1 the past couple years I wanted something a little more reliable, as I've developed a harder swing I kept hitting it out more. The 6.1 is a great racquet to be sure, but I wanted to see if there was a racquet that would fit my swing rather than change my swing to fit my racquet. I demoed the BLX 6.1 Tour, Prince Rebel 95, Babolat PD, Babolat PS and this Prince EXO3 Black 100. I was surprised at how well this racquet fits my game- a baseliner. I swing hard with topspin on both FH and BH and even though this racquet has a higher power rating, the amount of spin I get out of it means it's landing in more than any other. My opponents have commented on my serves and forehands having more pop. Easily the best racquet on groundies and serves of all the racquets I've played. It also has a 'fun' factor. It lets you know when you've hit a monster shot. Other racquets do their job quietly. This one's got some personality if you can say that about a racquet. The only downside is the swishing noise the big grommet ports make, but no biggy.
From: Tomas. 5/11

Comments: I have been using this racquet for my tennis high school season and before that during my schools girls season as a assistant coach. Overall this racquet is very good. The groundstrokes are good, and the racquet allowed me do a variety of slices and spins with different serves. On to the bad things, you need to be in good shape in order to get a lot out of it. In other words this racquet is good for a player in good shape and form.
From: Rishbh T., NJ, USA. 4/11
String type and tension: Prince Poly Spin 3D

Comments: I love this racquet! It turned my game a full 180. It's very powerful and has lots of control. Great Racquet.
From: Justin, MN, USA. 4/11

Comments: This racquet rocks! Love the power and pop it delivers. Upgraded to Luxilon 18 gauge with hole grommets and can put the ball where I want consistently from all areas of court. The sweet spot on this racquet is massive as everyone seems to agree and with this set up I have never hit with a racquet with so much power and control. Also serves can dish up some serious kick, and top with good consistency.
TW testers tested with port set up I would be really interested to see a retest with the hole grommets, which completely transform this stick. Really worth a demo
From: Herts, UK, 03/11
String type and tension: Luxilon Timo 18g @ 58
NTRP rating: 5.0

Comments: I have an all court game, but like to S&V and am trying to transition to this racquet from Speedport blacks. The exo3 has more power, perhaps less control, and it is much stiffer than the Speedport black I put lead in the head to balance it just like my spbs
From: Zaskar, San Jose, CA, USA, 03/11
String type and tension: Babolat pro hurricane feel/Wilson nxt 17 57/60

Comments: Can someone tell me what is the difference between this racquet and the exo3 prince white?? I have the Prince white exo3 and I've been wondering if there is any difference between the two racquets?
From: Memo, Eagle Pass, TX, USA, 02/11
String type and tension: Luxilon alu big banger 16
Headsize: 100 sq.in.
(Memo, try posting this question on our message boards in order to get suggestions and/or answers from fellow players.--TW Staff)

Comments: I wasn't sure I really felt dialed in with this racquet until I found an amazing lead setup, with 6 grams under the grip near the butt and another 3 wrapped under the grip up top by the "collar." It made it more headlight, adds a little mass and swingweight, without affecting power too much. Fantastic! I now feel like I have terrific control and headspeed, issues I wasn't sure about before. No elbow issues with this setup. Much more consistent on serve. I'm delighted with it.
From: Paul, Reading, PA, USA, 01/11

Comments: I like it. Demo'ed about 12 racquets and kept coming back to this one. My shots are usually a bit flat but with Tecnifibre black code strings I can rip topspin, slices, and well-paced slice serves. Light and quick at the net and fast of the ground when needed. I have to confess this racquet keeps my balls falling on the line or in regularly with a large head. Oh and I recommend the hole grommets I did demo both but the open ports take away a lot of control.
From: Jeff, Miami, FL, USA, 01/10
String type and tension: Tecnifibre code black at 55

Comments: I am a 49 year old woman who recently switched to the EXO3 Black after using the Hybrid Hornet MP for the past 3 years. Although it has taken me some time to adjust to the increased swingweight of the Black, I am thoroughly enjoying the plow through this racquet has on groundstrokes. I am able to flatten out my shots more with the Black. It also gives me extra punch and stability at the net. I agree with the previous 2 posters in that I am able to get nice feel on my backhand slice. Power, placement, spin and control have all improved with this racquet.
From: Lyda, Groton, MA, USA, 01/11
String type and tension: Volkl Cyclone 17g/Gosen OG 16g 58/60

Comments: I have used this racket for sometime now and I love it, I recently one a tourney with it and plan on keeping it. I was the type of person that used to switch rackets often, but this racket has made me stable. The TW review say they didn't get any feel but I did. With my backhand being my weapon, it felt great. In addition, the stiffness of the racket allowed me to feel the ball more. The depth and pace can easy. With my powerful game the racket gave me added control. This is a racket for competitive juniors to use-like myself.
From: Trai, Brampton, Canada, 01/11
String type and tension: Tecnifibre Red Code

Comments: I really like this racquet. It gives me a lot of power without sacrificing control. This racquet also has good spin potential and pretty good feel (much more than speed port) especially with good string. For serving, this racquet is one of the best out there. In my opinion, the EXO Black has more control but less power than the Babolat Pure Drive GT.
From: Kyle, Siesta Key, FL, USA, 01/11
String type and tension: Tecnifibre 62
NTRP Rating: Nationally ranked junior

Comments: I like this racquet much more with some lead on both ends, find it to be even more of a spin beast than the APD, which I tried not long ago. The lead has made volleys more secure and put more weight behind my serve. Kick serves are unreal; the racquet has shored up the biggest weakness in my game, which was having my serve attacked by good returners. I can keep them back on their heels with this stick and get the advantage in points quickly. It's not perfect -- slice requires some care not to push it long -- but the advantages are such that I've switched to using this one.
From: Paul, Reading, PA, USA, 12/10

Comments: This racquet is much more powerful than its predecessor, the Speedport Black. I like the old Speedports better.
From: Jack, Seattle, USA. 11/10
String type and tension: Wilson sensation 17 g

Comments: This racquet is a beast! I was able to move my opponent around the court left & right without even swinging hard. This racquet has tremendous power & your arm doesn't get sore at all! I was even able to throw in some drop shots! It was really good on volleys as well. My serve was ehh, so so. Not as much as I wanted it to be although I had 1 ace a match & 3 unreturned serves that got in play. I would definitely recommend this racquet to anyone :)
From: Marcus, Houston, TX, USA, 10/10
String type and tension: Babolat Revenge 16g
Headsize: 100 sq.

Comments: This racquet is awesome for spin and power. I would recommend a synthetic gut and/or Luxilon Alu string because of the wider sting bed. I am 11 and this is a perfect racquet for a competitive player.
From: Ally, Nashville. TN, USA, 10/10
String type and tension: Synthetic Gut 16 and 52

Comments: Trying to transition to the EX03 Black from the Speedport Black, there is so much more power, perhaps it is the string, using Babolat RPM blast, Wilson NXT 17 and pro hurricane/nxt 17 in my speedports. For the serve and volleys I think it adds a bit more pace, for groundies I can't swing as hard, just have to stroke the ball. So I have to adjust my game to the new racquets
From: Chris, San Jose, CA, USA, 10/10
String type and tension: Luxilon alu power 16l mains, Gamma TNT cross 58#

Comments: I have used this racquet for over a week now and have already logged a lot of hours with it. This racquet is extremely solid and has really good feed back on all shots. My favorite part of this stick was the serving, it was responsive and extremely good at placing the serve exactly where I wanted. This racquet did everything else really well too, serving is just where it helped me improve the most.
From: Jordan, Moberly, MO, USA, 08/10
String type and tension: factory standard
NTRP Rating: 4-4.5

Comments: The weight and balance is nice for me. I've played tennis for almost 20 years. This racquet feels really solid but hey, too much power for me (maybe because I strung @58), I'll go up to 60 soon. The shop strung mine with spin 3D, which I found that it can generate much more spin than I used to, next time I'll change to VS gut@60 and will come back for a result. Anyway if you're looking for a nice racquet...order this one (I'm going to compare Babolat PD to this one soon). PS sorry if my language is hard to understand.
From: Pete, Thailand, 07/10
String type and tension: Spin 3d @ 58

Comments: Awesome racquet, produces great spin and lots of control while hitting baseline to baseline, extra pop on the serve and comfortable at the net.
From: Chris, Lewiston, ME, USA, 07/10
String type and tension: Wilson
Headsize: 100 sq

Comments: All I have to say is OMG. This is the best racquet to generate spin. I have demoed this racquet because I'm getting a players package from prince and demoed 4 other prince racquets, but I'm 1000% sure I'm getting this one.
From: Chris. 07/10

Comments: This racquet is really nice. I had the previous Black 03 and loved it also. I've had it for about 1 week and it has improved my game. Most noticeable improvement is groundstrokes and spin, thanks Prince.
From: chris, PA, USA. 6/10
String type and tension: Babolat Hurricane at 58lbs

Comments: I am a not an expert on racquet jargon. I just know that I have more power with more control. I feel like I don't have to 'muscle' the ball to get depth and power. This racquet has improved my serves and volley game tremendously. I can also see the difference in ground strokes in that I have better directionality with the ball. Overall, a good move for me, even at my level.
From: Janice Rasheed, Oak Park. 06/10

Comments: This is my runner-up out of 12 demos I've tried. You NEED to try it with both the ports and holes grommets (TW being the only one who demos the latter, Tennis Express failing to offer that demo). It completely changes the level of feel and ability to hit touch shots. With ports, the feel from the racquet is very vague, where I still hit well, but I ended up "pushing" some shots wide since I was expecting more feedback than the racquet would provide. Holes still maintains a very large sweetspot, feels comfortable, but is much more appropriate for players who are looking to place balls. I ended up getting the Dunlop 4D 500 Tour instead as I felt that racquet was a little more solid and when I was having an "on" day I hit with it better (although the Prince is more forgiving and preferable on "off" days). The Dunlop should be more powerful given it has one less string, but the grommet style (even with holes) really provides the Prince with a lot of pop. I'd strongly recommend demoing both, I was torn and couldn't make a decision and just had to practically toss a coin. Again, demo with BOTH grommet styles. Both are distinct and worth trying. An excellent racquet.
From: Tristan, Houston, TX, USA. 06/10
NTRP Rating: 3.5/4.0

Comments: Ok...I am a USTA 5.0 player with an all around game. I was previously using a Yonex rqis 1 tour racket and decided to upgrade. I went to a Prince demo day and tried a bunch of Prince rackets and after some play testing I settled on the Exo3 Black. The racket felt very solid on every type of shot and my forehands were very powerful and I had a ton of control. I installed the grommets and am stringing with Premiere LT at 63 lbs. With a soft string the racket feels like butter and there was virtually zero vibration on my shots. I am very impressed with the new technology and am looking forward to playing a bunch of tournaments with this stick.
From: Anon, USA, 05/10
String type and tension: Prince premiere LT

Comments: Very solid stick. Will be hitting more with it this weekend, but my initial impression is this racket creates very good spin and plow through. I didn't notice the lack of feel I've read from other users, but I currently use the Babolat RPD, which has similar specs and the cortex seems to create somewhat of a numb feeling anyway. I like the look of the racket-in this day of colorful graphics; the simple black is elegant and stands out due to its simplicity.
From: Jeff, New York, NY, USA, 05/10

Comments: Simply put... I love this racquet! I can't really add anything to what everyone else has already written, but I did want to mention this is a very fragile racquet, so you will need to baby it a bit. It cracks very easily. Whatever you do, don't bounce it after losing a point! Unfortunately I broke 2 today - each one slipping out of my sweaty hand while I was serving. Both cracked like an egg.
From: Scott, 05/10

Comments: I'm now getting used to this stick and liking it a lot! I like to hit my serve with a lot of spin and I play a lot of doubles. The strength in my game is my return of serve and this racquet has lots of stability when hitting a hard forehand back at the server's feet. I am aggressive at the net and the volleys with the EX03 Black are quite solid and I can place them well. It took some getting used to, I must admit, as this frame has a little more power than the K- factor frames I was using previously, but, I am rewarded with the depth of my volleys and groundstrokes, and the spin that I can generate on my serve. A lot of critics argue that it is not a control stick, and I can understand, but, play with it a few times and you'll appreciate its power and will be able to control it. I have it strung with NXT 17-gauge at about 57 lbs.
From: Justin, Washington, DC, USA. 5/10
String type and tension: Wilson NXT 17, 57

Comments: Great spin. Good power. Feels great, as good or better than the old Speedport Black. The only con is that it doesn't come in a longbody version like its big brother. Could use the extra length to help out on serves for shorter guys like me but that's just my opinion. The spin coming off this racquet was great - a tad bit better than the Speedport.
From: Vincent. 5/10
String type and tension: Speedport Black LB, MSV Hex

Comments: I have the port grommets and find the string movement (Prince Softflex at 58) way too much to handle during a match - I have never seen so much string movement which I need to correct between points all the time. Even my coach commented about the misaligned strings from the other side of the net. The racquet plays rather differently compared to the Speedport - the latter feeling a little bit head heavier. I'd say I would prefer the Speedport for my 1hbh, the EXo3 for pretty much everything else. But the real question is concerning the hole grommets - no details on Prince website, my merchant in the UK assuming they don't exist at all and the TW website featuring hole grommets for a range of EXo3 racquets - except the Black. So where oh where can I get these hole grommets?
From: Fred, UK, 05/10
String type and tension: Prince Softflex at 58
(Fred, here's a link to the Hole grommets for the EXO3 Black: http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpage.html?PCODE=XO3BKHG --TW Staff)

Comments: Ok seriously for anyone who is looking to buy this racquet, please take my recommendation. Buy this racquet and string it with Luxilon Timo 18 gauge at about 55-57lbs. It will change your tennis life forever! I first bought this racquet strung with Luxilon Big Banger Rough. I really liked it because it gave me more power, better racquet speed(for doubles play), and my shots were deep. However after I strung this with 18 gauge Luxilon Timo, my game elevated 100%. Now I can pinpoint the ball to where I wanted it to go. Before I could hit it into the general direction miss the spot by 6 inches. But now, it is dead on. No joke or lie. I can feel the ball on the string much better and there is hardly any vibrations on the racquet. I am hitting those "WOW" shots now. People are looking at me like where did he come up with that shot. After using new string on this racquet, I have won 13 straight matches. All won convincingly. All you 16-year-olds who are at the bottom of the tennis team, buy this racquet and string it with Luxilon 18 gauge timo at 57lbs and you will beat out all your other teammates!

Comments: I thought that this racquet was a bit of a hit or miss, literally. Overall, I would say that it is too inconsistent. On groundstrokes, I was able to hit some clean forehands and backhands with depth, pace, and spin, but I didn't feel confident that I could hit exactly what shot I needed consistently in point situations. I also had a hard time with directional control. On serves, I felt that this racquet supplied good power for first serves, but at the expense of accuracy on the second. I had a hard time with my kick serves, which I can usually execute easily with my current racquet. Compared to the EXO3 White, which I also demoed, I would say that this racquet offers more control on groundstrokes and power on the serve, but less spin than the white.
From: Brandon, Sacramento, CA, USA. 5/10
NTRP Rating: 3.5-4.0

Comments: I have demo'd this racquet and love it. Was deciding between it at the AeroPro Drive GT but the latter is too hard on my arm. I was a little concerned about the EXO3's lack of feel on some shots but thought I could probably string it to offset this issue. Now I am reading about hole grommets and open ports - never seen this described in the product specs. Can someone explain this, and how do I get it with 'hole grommets' since this seems to be the solution to the feel problem. All in all though I love the racquet. Like the dampened feel, and how it helps me push the ball further back yet without worry of over- hitting and nice control over-all. Very comfortable and the best racquet I've demo'd after trying several over the past few months
From: Elaine, Ottawa, Canada. 4/10
(Elaine, the "port" grommets features large openings that allow the string to move more freely, which is intended to increase the sweetspot. It sounds like these are the grommets that you have on your racquet right now. The "hole" grommets work like a traditional grommet system and have a small opening for the strings, but still have the openings to allow for the aerodynamic aspects of the EXO3 technology to work. We sell both grommet systems. If you click on the "Tools & Supplies" link, you will see a Grommets By Brand area where you can find all grommets we sell. -- TW Staff)

Comments: The EXO Black has become my partner now. Driving through the ball, the EXO Black now replaces my Speedport Black. It drives through the air a bit better, offers more control and slightly, if any improvement in power. I miss the "whistle" of the SP black but will sacrifice it over the control that I've gained. It feels overall more compact and solid. Gotta try it. Great stick, and it is better.
From: Marilou, Los Angeles, CA. 4/10
String type and tension: Solinco Revolution 17, 58 lbs
NTRP Rating: open

Comments: I seem to like it best with the open ports at top, but string hole grommet ports on sides. this frame is best for spin and serve. Very powerful frame that plays best with full poly strung 45-55.

Comments: I demoed this racquet and I loved it . I'm 15 year old competitive USTA player. It totally matches my game, an offensive baseliner. I was able to move my opponent around the court with amazing power and depth. It's a little heavy and my arm was sore for about 3 days. It had good volleys and swinging volleys as well. I'm not a volley player but when I was moving in it was excellent. Overall I loved the racquet except the arm soreness. I recommend this racquet.
From: Marcus, Houston, Texas, United States. 4/10

Comments: The strengths of this racquet are its good power, surprising comfort given its stiffness, generation of spin, and firmness on volleys and overheads. Return of serve requires some work as there isn't enough mass to block balls back with any kind of authority. As with the Speedport Black, depth control can be an issue, as it seemed like a consistent swing didn't always get the same results. It feels as if the strings sometimes load up and pocket well, and sometimes they don't. I really wanted to like the stick but that inconsistency (with port grommets) was enough to steer me away.
From: Mike, Nyack, NY 04/10

Comments: Ditto on the "string hole" inserts vs. "port": TOTALLY different experience. EX03 Black gains crispness and feel with the "string hole" option. I did not care for the "muted" response from the ports.....love the racket w/string holes.
From: anon, USA 04/10
String type and tension: Prince Premier LT

Comments: Great frame, but plays much better with the string hole inserts vs the open ports.
From: Paul, Arlington, VA 03/10
String type and tension: Weiss Cannon Scorpion 55m/54c

Comments: Like this racquet, but need to adjust the string. I've played with HEAD racquets the last couple years and demo'd this one along with several HEADs. Right away I loved the spin and control of this racquet. The pro recommended Prince 17LT since I always strung a little loose with Gamma 17 Professional. However, the racquet has too much power for me, as currently strung in the middle, and when I'm not hitting fabulous ground strokes from the baseline, I'm hitting way too long or way too wide. I think I need to take it back to get restrung at a higher tension. The racquet also makes a whistling sound, which is hard for me to get used to, and puts too much spin on the ball when I serve, causing me to serve too short. It's obviously a great racquet, but judging from other comments, I think it might be a bit advanced for me and I'll have to grow into it. I'm also getting used to the smaller size--I had been playing with 102-105" the last four years. Will check back later when I change the string out (probably back to my Gamma 17 Pro)
From: Tara, Columbia, MD, USA. 03/10
String type and tension: currently Prince LT 17
NTRP Rating: 3.5, plays 4-6x a week

Comments: I've been using this racquet for a couple of months now and have been very impressed. All in all this must be the most versatile stick out there, and can be customized for just about any singles/doubles player. I started playing with the port grommets and found that I was getting a little too much power for me but then switched to the string hole grommets and it was PERFECT! Touch shots, feel and control in general went up for me with the string hole grommet inserts. Also, the whistling sound that some may not like with the port insert goes away with the string hole insert. The sweet-spot with either setup is still HUUUUUUGE. Best feature for me are serves and returns with this stick which have dramatically improved since switching to the EXO3 Black. Don't let the stiffness rating fool you, this is a very comfortable racquet even with a poly setup. For any all-court player or blaster from the baseline, this is a must demo.
From: Jeff, TX 3/10
String type and tension: poly; 60

Comments: I'm a highly ranked local and national 5.0-5.5 player. For the last 10 years I have been against any frame but my trusted POG os. Lately the tour POG os, but it has been discontinued. I tried the ex03 graphite 93 with ports, but the ball was impossible to feel or control. I should of tried the string hole inserts and the 100, but the hole inserts were not available when it first came out. I decided to try the EX03 black as I'm part of the Prince Adult National Sponsored team. After reading some reviews of the frame on TT chat where a guy said the string hole inserts and VERY IMPORTANT, as it makes the frame feel better. I requested prince include the string hole inserts. They did not include a tool to remove them, but I finally figured out a way:). I strung it up on my constant pull machine, Signum ppp 1.18 main 48lbs, cross Prince Premier LT 16 51lbs.(my 51lbs is like 62 on a crank). The way I string, taking my time and pushing down on each string, results in a tighter frame then someone going fast on a constant pull. Stringing was not hard but def not as easy as the POG os (the easiest frame every to string). The string hole inserts allows you to not need a machine brake or a boomerang tool. As soon as I took it off the machine and put in the included new tour damp(which I like very much), I hit the strings against my hand. The frame had so much power at the top it felt like the old prince thunder stick. I put on 2 over-grips and weighed the frame. It was 11.9 oz strung with 2 over grips and tour damp. This is a great weight allowing my to add more if needed. My pogs weigh 12.4-12.6. From the first hit I loved the power and feel with the string hole inserts. I can't say what the ports feel like, but it cant be better then the holes. With this frame I can swing more relaxed and let my form do the work instead of my muscles. Spin or flat was super easy. Slice was massive! The power at the top of the frame and sides really help with off center shots, or defensive reaches. Serves were excellent. I have played 2 hard sessions so far and I have no pain in the wrist or arm. I was expecting pain because of the increased stiffness from the pog os, but I'm amazed no problem. I might add some lead at 3 & 9 to get this sweet stick up to 12.0-12.2 oz. I think because of the faster swing from the reduced drag, lead at 3 & 9 might make it perfect. ** IF YOU ARE A 4.0 OR ABOVE I HIGHLY RECOMMEND
From: anon. 03/10

Comments: This is an excellent racquet. I have never used anything but very heavy players racquets all of my career in tennis (3 years of ATP tour play and 3 high level tennis academies as a touring/training coach). I decided to give this one a try a couple of weeks ago as we are sponsored by Prince at the academy I am now with. It really whacks the ball, but with surprising forgiveness and control. If you soften your hands and wrist a bit, you can easily hit wonderful volleys and drop shots. I am at a loss when I read the Tennis Warehouse review about a lack of feel. I am a solid high level men's open player still and I can rightfully say that it feels great. If you want a very stable, solid racquet, I recommend you give this one a run. It is definitely worth a demo.
From: Brett, HHI, South Carolina 03/10
String type and tension: Prince Twisted/59 lbs
NTRP Rating: Open

Comments: It would be nice to know if the reviewers where using the open port insert or the hole grommet insert option when reviewing the racquet. Do the inserts make a big difference?
Bobby, we playtested this racquet before production and the hole grommets were not available. The review reflects our opinion of the racquet with the port grommets installed. -TW Staff
From: Bobby, Tallahassee, FL USA 03/10

Comments: This is a good racquet. This is a racquet for players who like to attack their opponents. It is a good "all- out, whoop your butt" racquet! My forehand and backhand were crisps, had pace, a lot of spin, and were deep. Some people may complain of the ball going out, but if you hit with a good crossover stroke you will have no problem. Some people may complain of lack of feel and that they had trouble hitting "touch shot". To answer that.."get a new game or change racquet". I played with this racquet and it was so addicting! I wanted to hit winners all the time because this racquet can do it. Baseline shots were easy. Hitting the corners on the court were easy. Approach shots had pace and dept and put away volleys were solid. You may not be able to do "touch volley", but who cares when you can almost hit your volleys like overhead smasher. My serves had more kick and pace, if you were wondering. My instructor invited me to his class to show his students on how kick serves should look like. Serious! This racquet is worth the money, get it and you will be writing the exact same thing I am writing. This racquet is much better improvement from years before and I like this better than the pure drive gt.
From: Tom Hansfied, Oklahoma City, ok 03/10
String type and tension: Luxilon big banger rough 57 full poly

Comments: I love prince but I jumped ship to Wilson when they came out with the speed port line, just not for me. So I was patiently waiting for a new racket like this. I love to just thump the ball when I get a sitter and my Wilson could put it on a the back of a mosquito with placement but I missed my superman power forehand. This racket either hits the sweet spot or the frame, there is no in between. Volleys, slices and lobs oh my! Great racket ... but you could put a Wilson t-2000 in a pros hands and he would beat everyone you know so it is how you feel with your stick so for me I am confident with Prince.
From: Mike Noble Cornelius, NC US 03/10
String type and tension: Wilson nxt tour 17gauge 60pds
Headsize: 100'
NTRP Rating: Mens 4.0

Comments: Just got done with a long demo stretch for a few months before the season starts. Had the EXO3 Black and White on my list. I didn't expect to really like either but found a lot of joy in hitting with them. I just fell in love with the Black from the start. It has a bit more weight to it in then the White and just felt great for doubles play at the net as well as a better serving racquet due to the mass I would assume. Yes the Princes seem to have a more muted response but I love the plush feeling to them and so far have no issues with touch. I have had bad cases of TE in the past and the Black feels so smooth with no pain so far. Lots of power and spin are available on this guy. My older sticks are the Aeropro Drive Cortex and I tried the new GT but didn't care for the more harsh ride the GT seemed to add. I feel the Black is very comparable to the Aeropro GT. Overall just a ton of fun to play with and worth a demo. Great for all areas of the court. Loving the new stick! Thanks, TW.
From: Anon, NC. 3/10
String type and tension: Prince Premier LT 17 @ 58

Comments: My racquet of choice is Prince SP black. As Prince discontinued this model I demoed its replacement, the new EXO3 black. I love the cosmetics on this stick with a lovely textured finish. However I fail to note any dramatic improvement in playability. It has a tad more control and feel. I plan to stay with my old and trusted O3 SP black for a now. Let the other players judge if the EX03 black is a quality upgrade or just a dressed up old SP black.
From: Bakthan, Anaheim, Ca 02/10
String type and tension: Babolat pro hurricane tour 55

Comments: Great stick. The old black was nothing compared to this racquet. It is very comparable to the Babolat aero drive which I used to use. The Exo Black pockets the ball very well and gives great access to spin and power. If you can control the ball, this racket is a must try.
From: anon. Bay Area, CA 02/10
String type and tension: Poly

Comments: This is a really good stick, I can serve with a lot of spin without the fear of doing double-faults. It has a large sweet spot which gives you spin, speed, control, and power. I need to say that to execute drop shots or slice shots it doesn't offer comfort. It is a great stick on the net and overall I would give it 9.5 out of 10 Thank you for reading and it is worth a try!
From: Jose, Mexico 02/10

Comments: Wow. Just wow. This racquet is AMAZING! Why? Well, to start out, its sleek look really draws the eye. Second, its sweetspot is huge and hitting the ball in the sweetspot is like hitting a home run. Thirdly, groundstrokes on this stick are a breeze as long as you have a strong swing, and approach shots are super easy to control. I have noticed a problem, though. Its hammer volleys may be excellent, but its tap volleys are a little lacking. So, overall, this racquet is a great all-around stick that is superb for any player with a strong swing. THIS IS THE BEST RACQUET I HAVE EVER PLAYED WITH! I am twelve years old and my experience is rather limited, but the Prince EXO3 Black is definitely worth a demo for anyone.
From: Anon, Louisville, KY, USA, 02/10