Comments: Overall, I love this racquet and continue to use it as a collegiate tennis player. I use the Hurricane Feel 16g strings at 55lbs. I feel the weight is perfect for a bigger guys who swing fast, likes to force their opponent to the base line and who hits hard serves. The Hurricane Feel strings allow me to hit nice slice shots with a bit of movement off the bounce. I highly recommend this racquet but I'd order a demo, especially if you have a smaller frame or a slower swing speed.
From: Christian, 9/13

Comments: The one thing I notice right away with this frame is that my overheads are much stronger than with my Prince O3 Blue. I also have a little more on the serve as well. I am still getting used to this racquet and I still need to find the right string combination to get the right feel on my touch shots.
From: Wade, 6/13

Comments: This racquet was my transition from the Volkl Organix 8 315g. Normally I love really heavy racquets, and this was no exception. At 320g unstrung, it can pack a huge punch and I can put away shots easily with almost no effort. Serving also is great, with the oversize frame providing extra power and speed. One thing, this might apply to me, because I have a huge western grip, but I think that the topspin sometimes lets my opponents grab a shot that normally would be too low to return, much less to hit. But that might just be me, and the power makes up for it. I eventually got 6 of these, and I am glad I did.

Comments: Such a great racquet. I really enjoy hitting with this racquet. I have more power on my shots now.
From:Anon, 3/13

Comments: Wow! What a great racquet, just got it today and it is much more comfortable hit. My serve is a lot better with much less effort. Slice is much better, and am getting many more shots in play that I have to run and reach for than I did with my old racquet.
From: Travis, 6/12

Comments: Just revisiting this racket for comparison purposes before testing the 2012 version. The last time I used one of these I thought it was a step backwards from the old swirly, was harder to get around, and was good on serve where the swirly was extraordinary. Now I have added 18g to the handle, 12 to the hoop and the racket is brutal. Slice knifes away. Serves are huge and there is both spin and plow thru. This is a very effective racket and is worth considering just for the service alone. Adding weight to the hoop has helped me know where the tip of the racket is, and I don't have any issues with getting the racket round on the backhand. I used to think the racket was a little sluggish, but actually adding lead has cured that. Looking forward to seeing if the new version allows a wider choice of string set ups - this frame can be harsh with some strings/tensions.

Comments: I did demo the AeroPro Drive GT Plus and at first loved it. I was hitting shots I normally couldn't get to and was really applying generous amounts of topspin to my shot. After playing with it for a while, I realized that I almost had too much topspin for my game and I was allowing my opponent to stay in the point on shots that should have been put away. I tried the Pure Drive Roddick GT Plus and absolutely loved it. This racquet lets you really play with good amounts of topspin, but when you need to open it up and hit a power shot, this racquet lets you. This racquet really improved my serve. It really provides a huge pop on the ball with little effort. And with the weight, it lets me flick in a kick serve on my second. The weight of the stick really lets you be mobile and never lets you be out of any point. I am glad I finally found a racquet that brings the best part of my game out, consistently.
String type and tension: Tourna Big Hitter / Babolat Addiction
NTRP Rating: 3.5-4.0

Comments: This stick will really help you out if you're willing to take a risk. The saying "go big or go home" really resonates with this racquet. Big shots are rewarded and "baby" shots are punished. That being said, this is one of the best sticks for the constant attacker. Don't pick up this one and expect to rally a long time. If you can utilize this racquet it will be your best friend and it honestly has nothing that compares to it. A one of a kind stick for the player looking to attack!
From: Donavan, 12/11

Comments: When I play with this racquet my groundstrokes, serves, and volleys are great. The extra length helps with any reach shots and could help me extend your tosses when serving. The weight is just good for helping to plow through my shots. GT technology helps make the racquet feel more plush when hitting. Not sure on how well it dampens because I use a dampener. Cortex system helps the racquet feel less like a wooden board when hitting. Overall, a good racquet for an upstart junior to the serious club player.
From: Andy, 8/11
String type and tension: Mains: Solinco Tour Bite 17 Crosses: Solinco Vanquish 16 Tension: 58 lbs.

Comments: This racquet is a pure offensive weapon. The Tennis Warehouse review of this racquet is fairly accurate. This is a great racquet if you play an offensive game. Big serve, big strokes, dictating play, finishing points on your terms. You can get into trouble quickly if you get put on the defensive for whatever reason. When I am able to play 2-4 times a week, keep my timing, and strokes in good repair necessary to play offensive tennis, I can really play on my terms and win most matches. When I can't play often, and cannot automatically walk on the court intending to play offensive tennis is when I have problems with this racquet. You have to have great timing to get the racquet around on defensive shots. I can't say anything bad about the racquet because it's not the fault of the racquet. But if you have the ability to play the game needed to be successful with this racquet I highly recommend it. As much as I love the racquet, I've had to switch to the standard length. Also, I had no issues with my semi-Eastern/semi- western forehand, backhand slice, or 1 handed backhand with this racquet.
From: Dusty. 08/11
String type and tension: Wilson NXT Tour 17G; Lux BB Alu 125

Comments: I took a couple years off and just recently started playing earlier this Spring. I switched from an old Dunlop Super Revelation to this because of the solid feel it had. However, I have noticed that I am hitting more forehand shots wide or long, and volleys tend to be long as well. I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice as to what may be the problem. Other than that, this racquet is truly awesome. You will not get pushed around with this stick; perhaps, if anything too powerful. After hitting with it, everything else seems to pale in comparison. However, I would advise anyone that suffers from tennis elbow or problems with wrist not to even try this racquet due to its extreme stiffness.
From: John. 07/11
String type and tension: Babolat Revenge

Comments: Great all around racquet. I had always had a big serve, but now my serve is nearly unreturnable. I am not the world's greatest net player, but I have found that this racquet has helped. The power of the racquet is also very evident on groundstrokes.
From: Jordan, Spirit Lake, IA, USA

Comments: This racquet is amazing; it gives you better feel with the correct string/tension used. My forehand improved tremendously and my double handed backhand becomes my best asset with this racquet. My problem is the durability. After hitting hard shots, I noticed that the racquet has cracks... Babolat should check the durability for this racquet, whether it's a paint job problem or the material used or the design of the racquet (hallow frame). Durability problems will create distractions in shot making and in the confidence as a player but nevertheless it's a great racquet.
From: Ryan, Philippines, 03/11
String type and tension: poly-gut 38lbs

Comments: I have been using this racket for about 1 year 2 months. This racket is very powerful, my kick serve is better then the previous version. Currently, I have this racket strung with Babolat RPM blast hybrided with Babolat Pro Hurricane Feel @ 58lbs. my groundstroke is very solid. The problem with this racket (my opinion) the power is too big; it makes my forehand and backhand out long about 1-3" off the court. It makes me a little frustrated, so I search a Racket that can produce more spin and less power but not too much less... overall 8.5/10.
From: Chandra, Pekanbaru, Indonesia, 02/11
String type and tension: Babolat RPM Blast/Pro Hurricane Feel @ 58lbs
Headsize: 100sq"
NTRP Rating: maybe 4.5

Comments: A great serving racquet with a solid feel on all shots. Basically does a lot of the hard work for you. Am a one-two shot player and this racquet does the trick. Funny watching guys back way up to the fence on the return of serve...
From: Bu, HI, USA, 01/11
String type and tension: Pacific Gut 55lb

Comments: Great racquet for both power and spin. The added length really lets you generate some serious head speed. I originally had the Babolat Hurricane strings on there at 58 lbs. but it lacked the control I wanted, so I switched to Ashway's kevlar/synthetic hybrid and increased the tension to 61 so give it that control that I want as well. Racquet is super stiff, which I love but it isn't for everyone, especially those if you have a bad elbow.
From: Bill, Nashua, NH, USA, 12/10
String type and tension: Ashaway Crossfire II 17 (61 lbs.)

Comments: I can say this racket is the best version of the Pure drive racket. I love the power and the spin. But I can't seem to get my rhythm after a couple months using this racket and then I tried Head YOUTEK Radical Pro. For me Head YOUTEK Radical Pro is better than Babolat Pure Drive Roddick GT Plus. I recommend this racket to the one who loves hitting spin balls and hard serves.
From: Kelvin, 12/10
String type and tension: Babolat Pro hurricane tour 65lbs

Comments: Incredible racquet, this racquet is incredible on every aspect, with the large head size and stiffness volleys were very easy, backhands work for both 2 hands and one, since this racquet is perfectly balanced and hardly requires any effort to swing, forehands were a joy to rip down the court, and my serves have become so much better with this racquet, the stiffness requires far more body motion than most are used to, however with proper body mechanics, tennis elbow and shoulder pains should not be a problem, as long as you don't shank the ball.

Comments: I just demo'd the this racquet today. I was really excited after reading the reviews. However I report bad news. I warmed-up with this racquet and got through one game before I had to call it quits. The frame is extremely stiff and the racquet is quite heavy. I knew this going in but was let down. I acquired tennis elbow over the summer but the symptoms have been going away after making some adjustments on sting type and tension. This racquet killed my arm. Even with 800 mg of ibuprophen coursing through my veins and a brace to boot. Do NOT but this stick without a demo. It's potential for some is mighty. Tremendous power on the serve and forehand but the pain was simply too much to bear.
From: Jeff, Phoenix, AZ, USA, 11/10
String type and tension: Babolat RPM Blast at 50 lb

Comments: Amazing racquet, I swapped over from a Yonex rds 001 midsize and I have to say the power I gained with this racquet was amazing, each shot felt excellent, steady deep shots, and amazing pace when I really step in and attack the ball, groundstrokes and serves were probably the main benefits of this racquet, just by switching to this racquet from my Yonex, after 15-20 minutes of adapting to this racquet, my serve was definitely far faster and amazingly accurate as well.
From: Patrick, 11/10
String type and tension: Genesis Typhoon 58 lbs
Headsize: 100 sq in

Comments: Great racquet, I love it! I leaded it up at 12, 3 and 9 quite a bit, as it was a little too headlight for my liking, and strung it with Luxilon ALU Power Rough 16L mains and VS Touch 16 crosses at around 58 lbs. It is in the famous words of Chris of TW "A dynamite stick" power is effortless and it has cut out quite a few of the vibrations ensuring stability but still knackers my wrist and shoulder because I have a very long and strong forehand. I would expect no less from such a stiff frame. Great spin and plow through (aided by the extra mass I added). I would recommend this to the big shot baseliners and those who would like to come to the net a bit more often or try and introduce net play into their game while not compromising on their power play. Due to the mass, still a player's stick and not one to be picked off the shelf just because it says the name "Roddick" on it. Having said that, a lot more friendly than say a 90 or a 95 sq inch racquet. As I am still quite young (18) and looking to protect my body, I've decided to switch to the Six.One Tour BLX, which is much more arm friendly. 9/10 overall!! Thumbs up, Babolat.
From: Jamie, London, UK. 10/10
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger ALU Power Rough 16L/Babolat VS Touch 16 @58-60lbs

Comments: I got the Babolat Pure Drive Roddick plus in November of 2009 ad I was playing a tournament today and heard a weird noise. I go to look at my racquet and it cracked all the way across the top of my frame. Now it's unusable but besides that it's good and has a lot of power
From: Michael, CA, USA, 10/10
String type and tension: Solinco at 60 lbs
NTRP Rating: Junior

Comments: Wow, this racquet is amazing. I went through four months of demo-ing and 21 frames spanning Wilson (BLX's and K Factors), Heads (MicroGel and YouTek), Princes and other Babolats as well. I was dissatisfied with my Aero Pro Drive GT and once I got a chance to demo this racquet, I was shocked at how much power this thing had. In fact it had way too much power. Once I got the chance to put my own strings in it I saw the big difference. This frame is heavy, but it gets a very bad rap. Works best with polyester and poly/poly hybrids. I've found that Babolat Hurricane Feel is the best string overall for this specific frame. (and on top of that the color matches the Babolat Blue perfectly).
From: Jason, Gaithersburg, MD, USA. 07/10
String type and tension: Babolat Hurricane Feel 17 M57/C55, Babolat RPM Blast 16/Babolat Hurricane Feel 17 M61/C57, Babolat Hurricane Feel 16/Babolat Revenge 16 M63/C61.
NTRP Rating:4.5

Comments: WOW!! This racquet was amazing!! NO joke! I would recommend this racquet to anyone! Don't be scared to get this racquet, because you will certainly be pleased with it. The volleys were very powerful, solid and controlled. Increases speed on serves. Gives you a ton of power on your strokes, but also gives you control so you don't really have to worry about it going out as much. The overheads are deadly!! Overall I was very impressed and loved this racquet! Very pleased with it! Thank you!
From: Lexi, South Jordan, UT, USA, 07/10
String type and tension: 60
NTRP Rating: 3.5+

Comments:I used to play with Wilson nCode n six-one 95 and Boris Becker 11 with Signum Pro Tornado string. Recently I found that I can't swing that kind of rackets anymore (I'm 41) and I need a player racket with more power and spin. That's when Babolat PureDrive Rodick+ came in. I can serve harder and hit my forehand harder with more power and spin. It's headlight balance and 315g weight helps tremendously at the net. The racket provides good feedback with soft feel. I don't even need any dampener even when I strung it with Tornado and the spin I got was unbelievable. I settle with Babolat Pro Hurricane/VS Gut combination to achieve a good balance between power, feel, and spin. Highly recommended.
From: Labhas, Bangkok, Thailand, 07/10
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour 17 / VS Natural Gut 16
Headsize: 100 sqi

Comments: I'm using this racket for few months... and this racket gave me more boost on my serve and today I have 1 of the most destructive serves in our area thanks to this racket. At baseline this racket is perfect; very very stable, you won't have hard time returning flat serves. This racket is simply perfect. I'm a high school varsity student... Thanks to this racket I became a varsity...(only because of serve) ahaha THANKS
From: Jason, Philippines, 07/10
String type and tension: HEAD fxp power 60

Comments: Great racquet! I found excellent and powerful strokes from the baseline. I don't volley much I'm more of a defender but this racquet DEFINITELY got me into volleying more due to its simple control and power. On my serves, the .5 inches definitely helped as well. I have gotten probably +2-5mph on them. Totally recommend this racquet if you are a high school varsity player!
From: Brandon, Wisconsin, USA. 06/10
String type and tension: Babolat Xcel Power, 58 lbs

Comments: I strung the racket with 59lbs and after hitting for one hour, my tennis elbow sore again. The racket is very stiff. I will try lower tension to see if it helps. I like the power, control, and stability of the racket.
From: Benjamin, Austin, TX, USA, 06/10
String type and tension: Babolat Addiction 16 with 59 lbs

Comments: I switched to this racket from a Head Microgrel Extreme Pro (2008). The first thing I noticed that it produces an insane amount of power on some shots. My technique will have to improve to hit the ball better...But for the most part I think that a good vibration dampener and stringing the tension higher next time will help me get a better feel on my shots. I'll also likely go back to the 16 gauge for the mains and possibly a 17 for the crosses. But, what I do like most about this racket is the way it takes the stress off of my wrist and hand. I hit my forehands with style similar to Gael Monfils; his style is said to be the most destructive for a tennis players wrist.
From: Kevin, Maple Heights, OH, USA, 05/10
String type and tension: (60lbs) Prince Sythetic Gut Duraflex 17G in the Mains and (57lbs) Luxilon TiMO 18G in the crosses.
Headsize: 645cm2

Comments:This racket is amazing; it feels so rock steady and it's so headlight. I play high school tennis and I can clock serves over 100 mph with my aeropro drive, but this feels like it hits 10 mph faster without as big of a swing. Another thing I've noticed is that I'm averaging 5 to 8 aces a set. The only thing you have get used to is the slicing, but you won't need to slice with this racket.
From: Ryan, Belleville, IL, USA, 04/10
String type and tension: Prince Twisted (blue), 60 lbs
NTRP Rating: 3.5-4.0 (more or less because of my serve)

Comments: I'm a varsity tennis player, and when I got this racquet I noticed the difference right away. I was hitting more shots faster and better than the old Roddick Pure Drive racquet. I loved it right away because it pops the ball and its spin is also great. My serve has more power, and my backhand is now my best shot because of this racquet. I suggest this racquet for players who are young and love power hitting the ball. Slicing with the racquet is also the best. I can even do super slicing shots.
From: Jimmy, San jose, CA. 4/10
String type and tension: Luxilon big banger alu power icy blue, 58

Comments: This is a good racquet, but beware. I'm 41 and started playing again after playing in competitive high school tennis. I play a heavy hitting topspin game. After recently getting back into the game I was looking for a new stick to compliment my game. After the first day of trying the Roddick, I was thinking this was the one as I felt it was better on hard flat serves and hit with a lot of pop and spin on groundstrokes. After second day, my arm was ready to fall off (tennis elbow). I looked at stiffness and swing weights and it was significantly higher than the other Babolat I demoed, the AeroPro Drive Cortex (older one not the one that just came out in 2010). Maybe your arm can take it but I ended up buying Cortex as it felt solid overall but not as stiff and less club-like with Aero (dynamic) technology.
From: Paul, Cleveland, Ohio, USA. 03/10
String type and tension: Syngut - 60
NTRP Rating: 3.5-4.0

Comments: The moment I hit with this racquet I knew this was the one. Lots of power on serves and groundies. I find the weight of the racquet perfect for me. I guess it's a personal thing. If you are putting this racquet on your options list, you should definitely try it out. Trust me, it's worth it.
From: Rey, Davao, Philippnes 03/10
String type and tension: Luxilon ALU Rough 56, Babolat VS 53

Comments: I use to use the Babolat Pure Drive 100 sq and the regular Roddick cortex. I think this racquet puts a lot of pop on the ball and it generates loads of power also groundstrokes are very wonderful. I think is racquet is suitable for anyone's serves. There's a lot of control, so I can hit any part of the court with this amazing racquet. I think it's the best racquet Babolat has came out with in a long time.
From: Johnathan, Jacksonville, FL, USA. 2/10
String type and tension:58- 60
NTRP Rating: 4.5 Junior Tennis Player Boys 18s

Comments: Longtime fan of AeroPro Drive Cortex, decided to demo the new AeroPro Drive GT+ and this Roddick GT+ (for comparisons). Previously owned the Pure Drive Roddick, but did not like it much. However, I like the feel of the new Roddick GT+ and will be changing from my longtime favorite AeroPro Drive soon. I found that my serves have more power and control with this racket. Strokes are smooth and with the nice head speed, top spins are great. Thumbs up. Now to test the strings I like on this racquet.
From: Tom, Pleasanton, CA 02/10
String type and tension: Factory
Headsize: 100 cm
NTRP Rating: 3.5+

Comments: I used to play with Prince racquets in early 90s then switched to Wilson. then, I had the chance to try the PDGT+. All I can say is that if you use the Hurricane Pro 16 strings, you have an incredible top spin weapon. you will feel that your groundstrokes are better and your overheads are better. Slicing is the only problem with this racquet. Other than that, BEST racquet for heavy hitters.
From: Mostafa, Cairo, Egypt 01/10
String type and tension: Babolat Hurricane Pro Tour 16. Tension :58lb or 26 kg

Comments: This is my second Babolat in the pure drive series. I had the previous model, in the plus non-Roddick variety and I loved it. I am bigger guy, and I am able to pound out the hard serves and groundstrokes. I have recently purchased the Roddick plus, and I couldn't be happier. I can generate my own power, but this racket is masterful piece of french engineering. A natural extension to my arm, I couldn't recommend better racket.
From: Justin, Oregon, USA 01/10
String type and tension: Mains Revenge 52, Lightening XX 58
Headsize: 100 cm sq
NTRP Rating: 4.0-4.5

Comments: Switching to the Roddick GT Plus is going to be interesting for me. I am 76. I have been using a Wilson Outer Edge (135 sq in and 28.5 in long) for several years. I play no competitive singles. Why change? I am looking to improve my game a little. I am having increased trouble forcing return of serve errors. I want more serve velocity. As well, I am looking for topspin on ground stokes, which I never had much of with the Outer Edge. In conjunction with the new racquet I am working to build up my wrist and forearm, which will help my golf game (10 handicap) as well. Before ordering the Plus I hit and then played a couple of sets with the 27" version. I got promising results, so I have ordered the Plus. I will report back.
From: John, Overland Park, KS USA 01/10
String type and tension: Luxilon BB ALu Power/Rough 53/55
Headsize:100 sq in
NTRP Rating: low end 4.0

Comments: Great serve and volley racquet. Clean, smooth serves. I switched from a Wilson K-blade 104 and I could feel a surprising difference. The Babolat just felt more firm and smooth. Great racquet!
From: Spencer, Cleveland, OH USA 01/10
String type and tension: Babolat Revenge 17 59lbs.

Comments: I am just getting back to the game after moving from Canada. Let me tell you this racquet is absolutely amazing !! I used to have a Head Liquid metal racquet and it was very good. Still have it. But this thing just brings my game to a whole new level. I should be a 4 now. now switched to one hand backhand and the ball goes deep and with pace. My slice approaches skid hard and go with pace forcing my opponent to hit up which makes for easier volleys. My second serves are so much better now and with a lot of spin without much effort. I am tall (6ft 3, 240) and I finally feel like I am using my height. my second serve has so much kick I can rush the net off it now. My forehand down the line is now a weapon. I am consistently hitting the ball with good pace and keeping people well behind the baseline. I just flick the ball and it goes. This racquet has dramatically improved my volley game as well. Touch shots are no problem and I am playing my best tennis of my life and I am 45 now. I will warn you this racquet takes some adjustment. The used to hit a very flat ball but now have top spin without even trying. You must tone down your swing or the ball goes out until you get used to it. If you are looking to improve your game from the baseline, or at the net, you must at least try this racquet. I guarantee you, you will buy it. If you are not a strong guy or have problems with your wrists, I would recommend you not getting the Plus, buy the GT. I found the extra half inch did matter!! Cheers
From: Paul, London, UK 12/09
String type and tension: TW Demo

Comments: Great racket! I had a wilsonk90. This is much better, big bombs come off it. I had it strung at 60, but its a bit much for me, will restring at 53, love this racket, I think I improved my game 30% just by changing rackets.
From: Carlos, Santo Domingo, Dom Rep 12/09
tring type and tension: Babolat Pro hurricane tour 60lbs

Comments: I demoed this racquet and I demoed it over the Wilson Roger Federer Kfactor. I chose this one because it was lighter but people still said it was really heavy. I don't understand this racquet is very light for me. It is a great racquet though, great serves and forehands. anon. 11/09
From: NTRP Rating: 3.5

Comments: I recently demoed 28 racquets searching for the right fit for my game. I'm a 3.5+ baseliner with a heavy topspin forehand and three backhands (two-handed, one-handed topspin, one-handed backspin). I actually loved many of the top players racquets (Rebel 95, Volkl V10 midplus) but the Roddick GT plus had every shot for me. It hits heavy...but the spin keeps those forehands in. Huge plus for me. Two-handed backhands have pace (had trouble hitting those with the other players racquets though) as well as cut/topspin backhands. Serving's fun but you have to like a heavy racquet (took a few nights to get used to). By far my favorite; glad I demoed so many to find it. Strung with Big Banger and having a blast playing.
From: C Moors, San Diego, CA, USA 11/09
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger TiMO 17 55pounds

Comments: When I demo'd this racquet, I was amazed by how I was playing better than I did with the previous Roddick racquet. I loved this racquet because of the spin, topspin, and power. My volleys were better than before and my serve efficiently went it more and my second serve spins away from my opponent.
From: Jimmy, San jose, CA. 11/09
String type and tension: Babolat pro hurricane, 60 lbs

Comments: This is a great racket. Great for serving. At the net I could used some more help. At the net I am still preferring new 107 GT.
From: Miguel M., San Juan, PR 11/09
String type and tension: 60

Comments: Demoing this racquet to see what the hype on the Babolat was all about. It's a very good racquet overall. I've been playing with my old ProKennex 15g reach. This racquet adds more power to my topspin from the base line and serve. Racquet feels very solid. This is on my to get list for Christmas.
From: Anthony, CA, USA, 11/09
String type and tension: Not sure. Demo.

Comments:When I first tried this Babolat, I liked it. After about a day or two, I started to loose the feel for some reason. It felt like I was losing power somewhere in my hit. I have developed strokes. But, this racquet was not good for me. I would recommend it for someone who needs the power, but has the control and spin. However, I just tried the Wilson K factor Kobra Team FX and I really like it. I think I am going to get that one. Also I like the head Microgel Extreme.
From: Olivia, Auburn, AL, USA, 10/09

Comments: Played for division 1 tennis team that was ranked # 1 in country and took this racquet out for a spin. My little brother was playing with it and he started to hit pretty hard so I was curious. I have a 130+ serve on any given day and I play with the prince rebel typically, which has a power level of 700 and a much smaller frame. I started to serve bombs with this racquet and after not playing since I graduated for almost two years felt no resistance. BUT on the 5th or 6th shot, the whole racquet caved in and went to pieces after I hit a first serve. The stringing was perfect and there were no errors otherwise, and I have had defective racquets in the past but I am wondering if this is something that typically occurs using this racquet for other advanced players ... Please let me know I am considering a switch to this or the Prince red ex03 as I make my comeback tour... Overall, I have short backswing and great preparation I just need something that will eat up a bit of the vibration because getting old is making hitting as hard tougher and tougher on my arms using a 700 power level... Thanks for any comments ahead of time! And good luck with your tennis games...
From: JN, CA/NY, USA, 10/09
String type and tension: GAMMA TNT 15-17
(JN, you could give the Prince O3 White or Volkl PB 10 a hit, they have similar specs but should be a little easier on the arm; you can also try posting in our message boards---TW Staff)

Comments: I am using it with Ashaway as my main strings and head rip control for my cross strings, I have it strung at 58 lbs and it is the best racquet that I have used. It has a lot of power so you need to pack on the spin. Very good for a serve and volley style.
From: Wes, USA. 10/09
String type and tension: Ashaway and head rip control both at 58lbs

Comments: I'm a 31-year-old hacker who's been playing seriously for about two years, and this racquet has helped me hold my own against 4.0 and 4.5 guys even though I'm as slow as a bulldozer in reverse and hit my backhand like a 14-year-old girl. Why? Because I can hit utter CANNON SHOTS on serve and with the forehand. It's laughable, really. Granted, I'd have a 100+ serve with almost any racquet, but using this thing on serve feels like cheating. And it's not as if I can reliably target my serve or hit lines, either. I'm hitting it right into the center of the box, and the sub-5.0 guys can barely touch it, let alone get it back with anything on it. I used to use the Pro Staff 6.0 95, and I'd get smoked. The serve was still good, but they got it back 90 percent of the time. Well, not no mo! Bwahahaaha! Have you ever wondered what it would be like to hit serves if you were juiced up like Barry Bonds? Well, leave the juice alone and get this racquet.
From: Jimmy, Bergen County, NJ, USA, 10/09
String type and tension: Babolat Addiction/58
NTRP Rating: Meh, high 3.5

Comments: Way too powerful, not a player's racquet. If you generate power on your own then this is a bad choice. You can hit big and keep the ball in the court, you will just have to labor to keep enough spin on it to get it in.
From: anon, US. 10/09
String type and tension: syn gut, 60

Comments: Wow this racquet is very nice. SO MUCH power on flat serves, and also gives a wonderful kick on those second serves. I find that the forehand has added power and spin than the older Pure Drive models. This stick also works well for the two-hand AND one-hand backhand. I tried out the demo racquet, and as all racquets do, they come with some pretty crappy strings. But even WITH these horrible strings, the stick seems to generate a lot of power and spin. Paired up with maybe a Tecnifibre Red Code, this stick can be one sick weapon. Two thumbs up and a keeper!
From: Andrew, Cerritos, CA, USA. 10/09
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane 17, 58

Comments: This racket adds so much power, spin, and control. It adds beastly power to every single shot including serves. It is the best, you wont regret it, no need to demo, just get it, and I promise it is the bomb. It deserves a 11 out of 10.
From: Fernando, Torrance, California, U.S. 09/09
String type and tension: don't care. racket itself is the bomb.
Headsize: 100 squared inches
NTRP Rating: 11/10

Comments: I have played with every version of the Pure Drive and this one is the best of all! It has improved pop and feel from the previous Pure Drive with Cortex. Excellent racquet!
From: Carl, PTC, GA, USA. 9/09
String type and tension: Babolat Excel/Hurricane Hybrid 58 lbs.

Comments: I'm a prestige user, but when I broke my strings I decided to use this while my prestige was getting strung because my teacher had it. This racquet is extremely powerful compared to my racquet so I was taking absolutely huge rips at the ball and the amazing spin let me keep my shots in. This racquet feels absolutely fantastic; the GT makes it feel much better than the original pure drives. If you use a weak control-oriented racquet than it'll be easy switching to this, as long as you have good spin. Naturally the serve is great. However, one major problem with this racquet is that it's really difficult to aim. I was considering switching to this racquet because it felt so good and powerful, then when I got my prestige back in my hands, I remembered why I got it in the first place, because of the great control. If you're a big hitter with heavy topspin then this is great for you, and if you're hitting hard then aim shouldn't be much of a problem anyways.
From: Peter, San Marino, CA, USA, 09/09
String type and tension: Gamma Zo Tour @ 54 lbs

Comments: Having used a Prince Precision for the last 6 years made it difficult to change, but once I tried the GT Plus I will never go back. This is by far the best racquet I have ever used. Control, power, crisp volleys are just some of the benefits of using this racquet and reinforce my decision to for the change. I am an all court player and the Pure Drive GT Plus has enabled me to improve all aspects of my all court game. Thank you Babolat and Tennis Warehouse!
From: Ben, Jacksonville, Florida, USA 09/09
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour 17 60lbs

Comments: I switched to this racquet looking to cure my chronic tennis elbow and it definitely did the trick. This racquet is easy on the arm while still allowing you to hit aggressive shots that penetrate deep into the court. Excellent power and spin on flat and kick serves. Like TW suggests, it's great against power-hitters. I definitely recommend this racquet.
From: Boding, Clemson, SC, USA 08/09
String type and tension:Gamma Synthetic Gut 63 lbs.
Headsize:100 in.
NTRP Rating: 3.5-4.0

Comments: I did demo this racquet and absolutely loved it! It had great pop on groundstrokes and I served amazingly with it. I promise you I will buy it.(just because I liked it doesn't mean you will.)
From: Brody, Mount Vernon, IL, USA 08/09

Comments: I bought it replacing my beloved previous version of the racquet and what an improvement. When I thought that it would be impossible to upgrade that racquet I was DEAD WRONG. You just have to get the right string, at the right tension and you'll hit almost perfect ground-strokes. I'll recommend it to players with longer swing- styles because this stick will give you crazy power, and pin-point accuracy, but what I won't recommend is natural gut strings, because your shots might be weaker even if you make a perfect swing at the ball. I'd recommend this racquet any time.
From: Harry, Montreal Province, Quebec, Canada. 08/09
String type and tension: Babolat pro hurricane tour/Wilson enduro tour/Rab monoflex 16g, tension:59-61

Comments: Bought this racquet as a step up from my beginner's oversize granny racquet. My oversize was powerful, but the PDRGT+ has almost the same power with lots more control. I was able to play against bigger hitters and not crumble against their heavy shots and serves. My serve was my strength, and with this racquet my serve is even better. With the extra .5" I can really pound the ball. I used to serve fast, but now I serve fast with spin. I can get great angle on my slice 1HBH, but I can also bring out my topspin 2HBH against weak shots. I bought the racquet with full gut, but with how I am able to pound the ball with this racquet I busted them in 7 hours...and I NEVER used to break string. Going with ALU Spin strung tightly, this racquet has enough power without me having to string it loose.
From: Douglas, Coppell, TX, USA. 8/09
String type and tension: Babolat VS Touch

Comments: I tried my friends demo, and the racquet feels much better than the previous version. When I made contact with the ball, it felt more solid. Groundies were good, as I was able to get lots of spin and depth. Volleys were crisp and deep. I didn't get to serve much, but when I get more money, I might buy this.
From: Michael, San Francisco, CA.08/09
String type and tension: demo strings

Comments: I guess that I put the tension too low. This racquet itself generates a generous amount of power, luckily the kevlar mains bite the ball quite good enough so the ball can go down faster before it goes out. Crossfire II and this racquet is a good couple for those playing heavy topspin and its great for baseline player.
String type and tension: Crossfire II, 57
NTRP Rating: 3-4

Comments: Makes other longbodies seem pretty feeble. Freebie strings it came with at 57lbs were a disaster, I was hitting 10 feet out. Thought I would need super spikey/Pro Hurr/ALuRough to control the ball, but just getting the tension up to 60lbs does the trick. HL balance makes it very easy to get around the ball and hit passing shots. Good depth, precision and power. Amazing amount of touch on volleys. Surprisingly solid at what is for me quite a low weight. You can hit some ridiculous shots, slice backhand returns into the corner before the server has even stepped into the court, huge backhands down the line, blistering forehand returns, so you can have a LOT of fun. The ball moves some, as you can tell when the receiver can only palm away the handcuff serves or take it in the ribs. But what I like most is the bite from the string pattern. Quite a different racket to what I am used to, but after 3 hours it felt like an old friend. I had always found PS85s or even a Head Vilas as good as anything else. Maybe a Prestige tour for the buttery feel, but otherwise why bother changing, but the Roddick GT Plus is something else. Like Becker Pros on steroids. If I want to work up a sweat and get my partner in the groove I will get out the POGs, but if I want to have fun and get the job done quickly, then the GT is the tool to have.
From: AJC, Soton, UK. 08/09
String type and tension: Luxilon Alu Power Rough 60

Comments: I really enjoy this racquet, I have the old version and the transition wasn't that hard for me. My only suggestion is that if you plan to purchase this racquet string @ a higher tension (60-61) b/c this racquet is powerful enough, I had mine @ 56 and it took me a bit to get the my shots under control, definitely gonna string tighter next time.
From: Coach Zack, Mililani, Hi. USA 07/09
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane 16

Comments: Best racquet I've played with. I've been trying lots of different strings: Luxilon Big Banger ALU Power string hurt my arm after serving (Would not recommend)(Strung at 60). PolyStar worked well with spin and control. Was easy on the arm and a lot of power on the serve. Signum Poly Pro Plasma was my favorite string of all time in this racquet. It seemed like I could hit rockets as hard as I wanted without losing control. Highly Recommended with this racquet!
From: Aaron, Wisconsin, United States. 7/09
String type and tension: Signum Poly Pro Plasma 59.5

Comments: I can't say confidently that it is better than the last one because the first PDR is one of the best racquets of all time. This one is a little different, but not enough that a transition to this racquet will be hard. Many of the characteristics are the same. I do

NEW & HOT Babolat Racquets