Comments: Love this racquet from the baseline and on serve. I feel much safer swinging out than I did with my previous racquet (Volkl PowerBridge V1). On the downside, I don't like it quite as much at net.
From: Natraj, 11/12
String type: Gamma Zo

Comments: Great stick, took out a demo for my 8.0 mix/doubs match & the wow factor was there, major power & so sweet on the serve, liked it so much I bought two.
From: Keith, 2/12

Comments: I used to play with the Pure Drive Roddick but started to have tennis elbow due to mis-hitting. So, I bought this stick and added about 36 grams (1.25 ounces) to the racquet at 12,3,6,9 o'clock and into the handle. Wow! Plays like a dream. A lot more powerful and forgiving compared to the Roddick.
From: Kay, 11/11

Comments: The demo that I play tested gave me enough spin control and controlled power. I can quickly swing on a service return and the ball will land within the baseline. I was using a Wilson head heavy racquet and I find it hard to control my service return, so I just settle for a short swing and massage the ball, with no potential of winning the point. With the Pure Drive 107 I can whip the racquet and I could feel that my hand and arm is one with the racquet and I can win some points on my service return. The 107 square inch head size does not feel too big. I could swing medium to fast and felt that I do not have to work hard to control my swing to achieve a long ball. Good feel also in the strings. Just perfect balance for me when I swing, although I might experiment on some lead tape in the 3 and 9 o'clock position for stability and less tendency to swing with a slightly open face. Volleys were crisp and quick, easy to control given its weight and balance. Slice backhand is ok, although I have tried other racquets that gave me a better feel with the slice. Serves can be done with plenty of spin. I find it easy to do a kick serve and flat serve with this racquet. Off center hits are hardly noticeable, compared to other racquets that I have tried, in which I can really feel the shaking in the handle. When I run while holding the racquet, it just feels very natural and I can swing freely with less effort in preparation because I am confident that my swing will not hit the ball out or I am confident that I can control the racquet as I swing and make quick adjustment on the fly. Overall, this is the best tennis racquet that I playtested so far and worthy of writing a review.
From: Almer, 11/11
String type and tension: Babolat Addiction 16g at 60 lbs
NTRP Rating:4.0+

Comments: Lights out! Highly recommended for singles players. This stick has incredible power and an amazingly large sweet spot for controlled spin. Cross-court and baseline shots are precise with little effort and lots of power. At net, the racquet is incredibly fast and responsive. I'll certainly be purchasing more of these. I switched from the Head YouTek IG Speed (18x20), and found my all-around game improve substantially.
From: Thomas, 11/11
String type and tension: Babolat Addiction, 57 lbs

Comments: Demo'd the racquet for a week - both loved and hated it. Hit about 20 first serves right where I wanted to before finally missing - never felt so much in control of this shot before (in almost 4 decades and counting). After about 30 minutes of hitting with what I thought was my "next" racquet, my tennis elbow (dormant for years) came out to say hi! In my other racquets I use only Tecnifibre Multifeel to keep the elbow happy - I have considered renting it again and having them string it with that first (eat the cost of stringing, verse being stuck with a racquet I can't use later because of mother nature's cruel joke). Really didn't want to put it down, but had to only due to elbow issues. Potentially a great racquet for sure.
From: Alan, 9/11

Comments: This racquet was the single greatest improvement that I have made to my game in 20 years. Easily accessible power and spin, and seemingly huge sweet spot with endless control. I used to believe that my strength and speed would never let me down, but at 45 years of age things have really changed. Admitting it was the first step, buying this racquet was the next.
String type and tension: Babolat Hurricane 17

Comments: One of the most comfortable and user friendly racquets. Generates effortless power and spin. The control is pretty decent for a 10 ounce oversized stick. However, I got pushed around a bit on my one handed backhand return of serve. Highly suitable for senior and average club players. Advanced players may find this racquet a bit hollow, fragile and lacking in plough through effect.
From: Bakthan, 8/11

Comments: I agree with Chris from Sydney. For many of us who are no longer a 20 to 30-something lightening bolt of speed and power around the court, this stick can really help. It took me several setups to find the best compromise of power/control. I now use Kirschbaum Power line 2 black 17s at 60lbs and I think this is a match from heaven (for me at least). Great EVERYTHING-- literally there are no weaknesses at all with this racket if you use at least some spin mixed with your full strokes. The other good thing is you will have almost zero racquet fatigue in a long match due to the lightweight and balance of this beast. Despite being such a light frame, this stick has ample stability as well.
Come on now people. Swallow your pride and just go for it. You'll have fun again, and maybe start to win a few more matches :-)
From: Tom, NY, USA, 12/10
String type and tension: 60lb

Comments: Go on folks, acknowledge your limitations and just buy this racket. I was suffering a mid-life tennis crisis at age 40 and rather than buy a Prestige/6.1 Tour/Harley-Davidson, I bought this instead - and glad I did. Lots of free and easy power, esp. serves. Slices are easily controllable and effortless. 107sq.in doesn't feel like a frying pan and is more maneuverable than my POG OS. Great balance, very mobile at net - makes a great volleying racket for mature all-courters. This ain't no granny stick - it's the PD for the rest of us - which is a lot of us.
From: Chris, Sydney, Australia, 12/10
String type and tension: Babolat PHT, 57lbs

Comments: Great Racquet!! Perfect for Beginner/Intermediate Player. I was interested in purchasing a Babolat racquet after reading and hearing a lot of good things about them. I demoed the Aeropro Drive GT, the Pure Storm GT and the Pure Drive GT. While hitting with all of them I was not getting a solid feel for my shots. I came to the conclusion that I needed a bigger size head frame. After reading and researching some more I decided to give the Pure Drive GT 107. This racquet is fantastic. It is light, has a big enough head/sweet spot, that gives me the confidence I need to hit balls where I want them to go. As compared to the other racquets I tried out this one suited my game the best. Instead of constantly hitting the frame of the racquet with my forehand, Pure Drive GT 107, allowed me to hit these shots and hit them with pace and accuracy. This is easily the best racquet I have ever owned and I would highly recommend it for any player needing a bigger frame size. If there is a better racquet out there for my needs, I will be shocked. This racquet is an A+++.
From: Tom, Elmhurst, IL, USA, 07/10
String type and tension: Babolat Hurricane Pro 17
Headsize: 107sq inches
NTRP Rating: 3.0/3.5

Comments: I have been playing with the Pure Drive 107 for 3 years and just changed over to the GT and added the string OMG!! this is a Magic racquet lol!! It is Awesome! lots of pace and huge spin! I recommend it.
From: John, Texas. 5/10
String type and tension: Luxilon 127G 16L Mains, Luxilon 125 Alu 125 16L Crosses. 63 lbs

Comments: I previously used Babolat Pure Drive 110 Cortex racquets. Babolat stopped making them last year and I needed a replacement. I bought the GT 107, cold, without trying it, but based on reviews and racquet comparisons. The difference in the two racquets was huge. The 107 is lighter in the head but much stiffer. It certainly generates a lot of power, especially on my serve. School is still out on my choice...I am going to try stringing it with less tension and try to adjust to its innate power and stiffness.
From: Joe, Watchung, New Jersey, USA. 5/10
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane 18G Strings 55 lbs

Comments: Love the racket. I like how much spin I generate with this and it has the perfect amount of headweight. Many players will like this.
From: Bob, Brooklyn NY USA 03/10
String type and tension:60lb
Headsize:idk

Comments: This is an amazing racquet. I have used 4 different racquets before this one and I just didn't like any. I had a Head Crossbow 6, Head Extreme, Prince O3 Tour OS, and Wilson Ncode before I found this racquet. It has good power, nice control, good serve and great comfort. This is a Great all around racquet. I would give this racquet 9.9/10. I would just change the white grip which gets dirty easily.
From: Ben, Parkland, Florida, USA. 3/10
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane Power 60lbs.

Comments: This is an amazing racquet. The spin and control are there for me and to me I use a lot of power so I think this one had a little less to my liking but got that fixed by using the Babolat pro hurricane power strings. Again this is my opinion and every person is different so I suggest you demo different racquets including this one. I demoed 10 different racquets till I found this one. My rating for this racquet is 9.9/10 I just don't like how the grip is white which get dirty very easily.
From: Raja, USA, 02/10
String type and tension: Babolat Pro hurricane, 60 lbs
Headsize: 107 sq. in

Comments: Played with a friend's demo, though I never intended to purchase it. Though it's still too powerful a racquet for me, I came away impressed. Has a nice amount of control to go with the medium amount of power it generates, and spin seemed easy to access. The frame also seems nicely balanced, and is maneuverable without being too light to hit depth on groundstrokes. If I had a bit slower swing speed, I'd really love it. I could see it being perfect for a lot of players.
From: K, Orange County, CA, USA, 11/09
String type and tension: Babolat Addiction

Comments: Just tried this one. Serving was great. Really helped me serve better especially with more power and spin. Plenty of power but if you do not make the correct swing the ball will fly. At the net volleys were solid. Not a bad racket for doubles. However, mobility at net could be better.
From: Miguel M., San Juan, PR 11/09
String type and tension: 60

Comments: I just switched to this racquet from a Wilson KSixTwo. Wow! The first thing I noticed was the bigger sweet spot - it seems like I get a lot more help than from my old racquet. It's more forgiving when I don't hit the ball cleanly, especially on volleys. I'm able to drive the ball deep more consistently on both volleys and groundstrokes. I frequently play with much better players, and can handle the faster pace better than with my old racquet.
From: Jared, Boston. 10/09
String type and tension: Gamma Livewire 16 59lbs

Comments: Really a great racquet, once I started using it every aspect of my game improved. From my serves to my drop shots, this racquet has provided trouble for my opponents; I highly suggest this racquet.
From: Johnathan, Jacksonville, Florida, USA. 10/09

Comments: Nice, comfortable, easy to handle, spin, pace and speed appears natural, this one is the first impression when you begin to hitting with the GT 107. This racquet has very good qualities and is perfect for a good club player, girls, and seniors doubles players, this one is not a racquet of the ATP Tour. The GT 107 is very well balanced (nothing of lead tape) and allows a correct baseliner game. I believe that the best thing of everything is the serve; easy to obtain depth, spins and control, I love it. Fantastic racquet, thanks Babolat.
From: Hilario, Sevilla, Spain, 09/09
String type and tension: Polystar Energy/Polystar Turbo, low tension

Comments: Although this racquet weighs only 280g it is rock solid against pace and definitely gives the older player power enough to counterpunch against power players. The update has worked as it plays even smoother than the cortex version.serves and volleys like a dream. Great racquet, suspect the smaller head size plays even better. Serve-volley players in doubles will love the 107.
From: Ray, Birmingham, UK. 9/09
String type and tension: Babolat Addiction and Hurricane, 58lbs
NTRP Rating: Tennis Coach

Comments: Very nice update to the previous Pure Drive 107. This racquet has plenty of power and, in my opinion, the power is rated a little low here on Tennis Warehouse. Given the head-size, I think you also trade-off some control for that power. Nonetheless, this is a very nice racquet if you put a premium on power over control or are looking for a more forgiving version of the PD.
From: Terry, Atlanta, GA 08/09