Babolat Pure Control Tour Racquets Customer feedback

Comments: This is one of the best offerings from Babolat that I've tried. Rock solid and swings pretty fast for the weight. Great all around raquet and is easy on the arm/shoulder. The weight allows you to block back heavy serves and shots blasted at you in doubles. Good spin on the serve and forehand, but you need to be able to add your own power at times. I'm an all court 4.5 who plays singles and doubs 3-5 times a week.

Comments: I have only hit with this racquet for about 45 minutes on a demo, so this review might be a bit premature, but I figured I would offer my opinion. For technicalities sake, the racquet was strung with Babolat Addiction at 57 lbs. It was rock solid, truly a great racket I would recommend to any 3.5 and above player. What I noticed most was the plow through. If you hit the ball clean, this racquet was going to put it exactly where you wanted it. Comfort was nice as well. I had no arm pain at all. This is definitely a stick I would recommend to anyone wanting a solid stick that isn't super heavy to swing.

Comments: Picked one of these up recently. I must say, it is a very sweet racquet. I have been using the Wilson Blade 18x20 for 2 seasons and while I like it, it is nowhere as comfortable as this frame. I have a carpal boss on my playing hand (from an old rugby injury) and it flares up from time to time especially impacting serve and forehand and makes it hard to back matches up. The Pure Control Tour has a very buttery feel and I don't feel any discomfort and it came strung with a full co-poly. The racquet has easy power and although heavier than the Blade, the maneurabillity is way better. Probably due to the lower swing weight and more head light. I noted the comments from TW. The playtesters talk about lack of plow, but I have not found that at all. I feel his racquet holds up well against a heavy ball. Personally, I think Babolat hit the jack pot with this one. Reminds me of a Prestige but with more pop and a much larger sweet spot. I love it.
From: Ross, 6/14

Comments: By the time this is posted the fine folks at TW will be shipping this racquet to my house. I was using a Wilson Blade 98 (18x20) and liked it, but wished it had a little lower swing weight. I demoed numerous racquets and found this racquet to be perfect for me. I found this racquet to be very accurate or perhaps I should say easy to hit accurate shots with. I did find the plow through slightly on the light side against heavy hitters and determined that a couple grams of lead tape does the trick. The 16x20 string pattern allows for plenty of top spin and slice. I have been a die hard Wilson frame fan for 30 years but this Babolat has won me over.

Comments: Very good raquet, plenty of feel on it. Babolat reinvented an already good raquet into a better one! The paint job has more quality than the previous two generations of this model. Easy to customize, excellent for baseliners looking for control in their game. If you buy more than one raquet ask for the MRS (Matched Raquet Service) a really good service to find raquets with the same aspecs for only $10.
From: Hugo, 5/14

Comments: I am a 5.0 player and usually play with Federer's old racquet, but also I own a few of this one. This is probably the best racquet that Babolat makes overall in my experience. Extremely maneuvarable frame. If you never been a fan of Nadal's model but feel like giving another Babolat a try, this one is for you. Very easy to customize, and will play even better if you do. I string it at 42-48 lbs depending on what surface I'm playing on.
From: Fernando, 4/14

Comments: This racquet is just awesome! I'm a solid 4.5 with an all court game. Tried the Wilson 99S and without an all poly set up (arm issues) this racquet won't do its thing. Moved to a Head Extreme Pro 2.0, awesome stick but again with an open pattern and my love for gut just too much blast until I pulled the gut so tight it was just as bad on my arm. Head Prestige Pro had a sweet spot the size of a dime . I'll skip 2 more racquets ahead to this amazing stick . Pop, control, stability and very maneuverable (Paul the racquet matcher/customizer got me 3 at 12oz strung with 317 sw at 7pts HL -- to say Paul is the super freak of perfectionism is an understatement!) My guess is a future cult following like POG's and others of the like for this bad boys future .Get your weight and balance dialed in along with your string set up and this stick just sings!

Comments: An exceptional racquet in my opinion. I had been playing with a k90 for the last 7 years and felt that I needed some forgiveness at net since I started playing doubles competitively. Demoed quite a few and it came down to Pure Strike Tour, Head Graphene Radical Pro and this. Shots felt really crisp and dialed in with the Pure Control Tour. I feel like I am getting the best of both worlds, the feel and precision of k90 with the forgiveness of the 98 inch frame. I had to do some tinkering with string tension and found Xcel 17 on the mains at 57lbs and RPM Blast crosses at 54 lbs to work for me. I am a singles and doubles player at a 4.5 level and I absolutely love this frame.
From: Faisal, 3/14

Comments: Got this as an upgrade to my 2011 Pure Storm GT because I wanted more heft in my racquet and it has improved my game and confidence remarkably. The areas I see most improvement are in my groundstrokes and serves. Compared to the previous version, this one is much more stable and the weight distribution allows for better power as well as feel. I am a 4.5 baseliner with a 1HBH and it feels very solid on all strokes. I can hit with heavy spin to rally and I can also flatten the ball out when going for winners. Mine is strung with a poly/multi hybrid at 58/55 lbs.

Comments: Babolat really delivers on this one! This brand is not usually associated with arm friendly "player" frames, but this frame seamlessly blends a bigger stringbed, tons of spin, ball pick up, swift feel and feedback of modern racquets, with smooth comfort and lower power and control like the classics. Like the TW review says, to be complete the upper hoop does need some lead at 10 and 2 to bring the swingweight up and make it more solid up top but it takes it beautifully. Great racquet to try out for strong players with solid drive game looking to get into more of a spin heavy game without giving up the control.
From: Anton, 3/14

Comments: I'm a 4.0 baseliner who likes to take big cuts. This racquet is brilliant. I had pretty much settled on the Wilson Pro Staff 95. Although I felt it was a little low on power I liked the feel and control and felt dropping the string tension could help provid a little more punch, then I tried the Pure Control. Wow! It really is a perfect balance of control and power! I feel 100% in control of depth and placement, lowish on power so I can feel confident swinging out, but not sooo low like the Pro Staff. Although I liked the Pro Staff it sometimes felt like I was bringing a knife to gunfight. I normally like an open string pattern but I was generating plenty of spin with the 16x20 pattern. Stock weight is a little on the low side, but it still felt nice and solid. I thought the Pure Storm (the previous version of this racket) hit pretty well but it seemed to shudder on off center hits, the Pure Control is much smoother. Serving was a little low on power initially, but once I brought the swingweight up, I'm back to serving bombs. Kick serves are average, this is the only shot in my arsenal that did not improve with this racquet, they were no worse off however just not any better. Volleys and returns also solid. This racquet really is solid all around. I feel the name Pure Control to be a bit misleading. I think the blend of power and control this racquet has makes it perfect for Power Player although it really would suit any style. I added a 1/2 size heat shrink sleeve, Leather grip, and 5 grams at 12, overgrip damper etc., bringing the weight up to 12.1 oz at 6 points head light and strung with rpm blast at 52 lbs. Lethal Setup. I actually feel much more powerful with this racket that the Pure Drive or Aeropro because I can hit heavy on every ball without fear of hitting long.

Comments: I had a demo for four weeks from a local rep and thought this was an amazing raquet so I ordered three from Tennis Warehouse. The three I received were 10 grams lighter than the demo and extremely head light. If I had demoed the racquet I received, I never would have ordered them. The demo I had was an amazing racquet and had great spin, good feel, etc. The one I ordered is so headlight it is hard to control. I added lead to try and fix the problem to the 3+9 and after placing the first strip the metallic babolat logo flaked off. I couldn't get the racquets to come anywhere near the one I demoed either. This has just been the worse experience ever -- give this racquet a pass.
From: Don, 3/14

Comments: Never connected with the PST; great spin but hollow feel. Played with the Prestige IG MP and switched to the Graphene Speed Pro until the stiffness finally caught up with my arm. I gave the Graphene Prestige MP an honest try but it was too different from its predecessor so I demoed the Pure Control and PCT. Immediately was impressed by the pop, feel, and stability (especially side-by-side with the GSP). Many initial shots were short (more noticeable with the non-Tour) so I had to swing out a little more but both racquets still felt very arm friendly. I bought two PCTs and am really enjoying all aspects of the game. Like a cross between the APD and IG MP. I'm a 4.5 with baseliner tendencies but am trying to develop more of an all-court style and feel this is a good stick for that mission. Definitely sensitive to string setup.
From: Luxinterna, 3/14

Comments: I demo'd both the Pure Strike Tour and Pure Control Tour. Since power is nothing without control, I ended up ordering the Pure Control Tour. Definitely felt more control, feel, and plush on the arm. It didn't have the hollow pin sound of the Pure Strike Tour, rather it felt very solid upon contact. They should advertise this racquet as Babolat's only "arm- friendly" stick.
From: Larry, 2/14

Comments: Just finished up a demo of this racquet. Definitely a control oriented racquet. I am only a 4.0 player, and I tend to try and crush the ball too often, and this is where the Pure Control came in hand. It allowed me to put full swings on the ball, hit deep with top spin, but not hit the ball out of bounds. While I tend to hit the ball too hard, it is also my strength when serving and hitting my forehand, so my one downfall for this racquet would be that sometimes when I wanted to really hit a flat serve or heavy forehand I don't think it had the same pace on it as other Babolat racquets I have used in the past and played with. Maybe adding a little weight in the head would solve that problem, but I am pretty unfamiliar with lead tape and how to use it. I would recommend to someone looking for a smooth, well rounded control racquet. Not for those who need power.
From: Preston, 2/14

Comments: Let me begin by saying I love my Pure Storm Tour. I put on a leather grip on all my sticks to improve feel and increase head light balance. Strung one with a multi for practice sessions and another one with a soft poly (full bed of Black Code or Black Widows at 52 lbs) for competitive matches. Although a perfect setup for my preference, I always would have liked a little more polarized stick to help with plow through and racket head speed in serves. Yes, you read right: more weight in the hoop translates into higher racket head speed, with proper mechanics of course. In my opinion, this racquet is an improvement over the previous generation. It is a control racquet as its name implies and that's all you should expect. Power? Comes from the ground up. Spin? Same thing, 95% technique. Racquet should mainly provide feel and control. Enjoy.
From: Tony, 1/14

Comments: This racquet feels lighter than the specs indicate. Very precise and easy to generate spins and flat shots.
From: Juan, 1/14

Comments: Overall, it is a great racquet for advanced all-court players who have the strength to wield it without arm or shoulder issues. Its predecessor (Pure Storm) is well-known for being an arm-friendly racquet from the Babolat line but this one is not. Otherwise, I loved the solid and stable feel with plenty of power and depth.
From: Steven, 1/14